Diablo® III

Request for response on state of Monks..

(Locked)

my god its clear blizzard doesnt play on the PTR or test internally 1.05 on high MP levels is not fine as a monk. i have no build choice its STI/OWE or bust which is worse than it is now.

but its nice to see barbs discovering their 100%crit chance on hammer of the ancients build. ./sigh
10/04/2012 07:29 PMPosted by CyberGoat
Instead, you've addressed Wizards and Barbarians and Demon Hunters

By addressing Wizards, you mean totally nerfed them to hell....with more changes planned in the future..

Seeing the "planned works" on the monks has been there since 1.01, I shudder to think when is Blizzard's planned change for wizards as well.

I'm off to play X-Com when 1.05 hits...
10/04/2012 07:22 PMPosted by Nickoli
Do people want every class to play the same? Why even have class's. Monks should be poised thoughtfull and more defensive then a savage barbarian. Not everyone should do as much damage as a mage but he/she should never be as defensive as a barb or monk. Please quit expecting every class do be able to do what another can. There are differant class's for a reason. Quit expecting blizzard to fix a game that was launched before it was completed. If anything can't we ask that it is left alone. I would prefer that actually.

+++ , +
While there are currently solid build options for monks both in 1.0.4 and 1.0.5, and while top-tiered monks using very specific builds can achieve respectable damage, the class isn’t yet where we want it to be. We’re definitely aware of your concerns, and we agree that additional improvements should be made, especially with regards to play style options, build diversity, and the performance and budget of monk resources. We feel that the monk has the most potential for improvement, and we have plans to make more changes to the monk after 1.0.5. The sort of changes we’d like to make are not simple number tweaks, though.

Ultimately, we want to make monks more engaging to play and really immerse players in what it would feel like to be a fast-punching martial arts master. We have a number of ideas on how to accomplish that for the future, and we want to provide improved passives, particularly passives that can be used for a more offensively-minded monk. I also mentioned two other possible changes we’re considering in my previous post, but those certainly aren’t the only changes we’re looking into. They address another area we feel could use improvement, and that’s giving players some additional, more active play style options.

We have more improvements planned and they’re still only in the discussion phase, so we’re not really in a place right now to talk about them in much detail, but we’re actively working towards solutions to address many key concerns.

Thanks for the reply but we need the changes now! We feel that we are being left out as of the moment
10/04/2012 07:21 PMPosted by Vaeflare
While there are currently solid build options for monks both in 1.0.4 and 1.0.5, and while top-tiered monks using very specific builds can achieve respectable damage, the class isn’t yet where we want it to be. We’re definitely aware of your concerns, and we agree that additional improvements should be made, especially with regards to play style options, build diversity, and the performance and budget of monk resources.

And they say they are going to nerf One with everything. What a joke.
my god its clear blizzard doesnt play on the PTR or test internally 1.05 on high MP levels is not fine as a monk. i have no build choice its STI/OWE or bust which is worse than it is now.

but its nice to see barbs discovering their 100%crit chance on hammer of the ancients build. ./sigh

I doubt any class has more than just a few builds to choose from at high levels of MP
Yah cut ww down because it has been the flavor of the month sense the last patch. *Watch's fellow Barbs ww single targets. *facepalm
View profile
Honestly, people should utterly rage at this thread Vael has put together. These responses are pathetic. Hints at plans or discussions of plans to address Monk concerns should have been in the works since 1.03 or prior. Monks virtually haven't changed since then, and have complained about the very same things time and time again.

I said it before - I can't see any dev or CM playing a Monk in Inferno and claiming that they work or have multiple builds. One build utilizing Sweeping Wind and a bunch of defensive cooldowns / passive buffs is all that works. 1.05 will just highlight this even more.

Actually I think his 2nd post redeemed the first. Stop being so angry over something that Blizz had to go back on. This obviously was an attempt to smooth things over with the Monk community and I think they ate their initial words. You have to read between the lines. This is as close as to an apology you'd get.
While there are currently solid build options for monks both in 1.0.4 and 1.0.5, and while top-tiered monks using very specific builds can achieve respectable damage, the class isn’t yet where we want it to be. We’re definitely aware of your concerns, and we agree that additional improvements should be made, especially with regards to play style options, build diversity, and the performance and budget of monk resources. We feel that the monk has the most potential for improvement, and we have plans to make more changes to the monk after 1.0.5. The sort of changes we’d like to make are not simple number tweaks, though.

Ultimately, we want to make monks more engaging to play and really immerse players in what it would feel like to be a fast-punching martial arts master. We have a number of ideas on how to accomplish that for the future, and we want to provide improved passives, particularly passives that can be used for a more offensively-minded monk. I also mentioned two other possible changes we’re considering in[url="http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/6794319883#7"] my previous post[/url], but those certainly aren’t the only changes we’re looking into. They address another area we feel could use improvement, and that’s giving players some additional, more active play style options.

We have more improvements planned and they’re still only in the discussion phase, so we’re not really in a place right now to talk about them in much detail, but we’re actively working towards solutions to address many key concerns.

You all better do something for Monks and Wizards before you release 1.0.5, or you are going to have nothing but Demon Hunters, Barbarians, and Witch Doctors left in your player base.

Breaking every viable Build a Wizard and Monk has and then saying, oops, sorry, our bad, we'll fix it in 1.0.6, isn't very good policy.
IT WORKS. POSTING WORKS. LOOK THEY CHANGED THEIR MIND.

QUICK REROLL BACK TO MONK
I guess monks want to do some dps. I don't see how a mage could have a hard time at that but a monk would have to be just as gear tependant as a barb. Just in reverse. Barbs have to rock grips of defense gear to get the same affect as monks passives. Maybe if monks stacked dps items they could do some hurt.

What?
They went from saying that they felt monks are in a decent place to saying that monks could use the most improvement.

If anything that says that Blizzard is fine with monks needing the most improvement, as evidenced by them saying that "we feel monks are in a decent place".

A decent place being defined as having room for most improvement....
10/04/2012 07:29 PMPosted by CyberGoat
I'm super satisfied with my monk. I cannot wait for 105 :D. They're fixing the 'barb' issues so... no one cares if your monk is terrible. Fix it or move on.
Hey look, a Monk using the same build as everyone else that claims Monks are "fine". Oookay... I think your build and gear just proves the points made in this thread.

While there are currently solid build options for monks both in 1.0.4 and 1.0.5, and while top-tiered monks using very specific builds can achieve respectable damage, the class isn’t yet where we want it to be.
Sorry Vael, but this couldn't be further from the truth. There is ONE build option for Monks in 1.04, and this will continue into 1.05 because there's not been any decent mechanic changes.

We feel that the monk has the most potential for improvement
This is code for Monks are at the bottom. Barbs don't have much potential for improvement because they're already at the top!

Since 1.01, there's been NO COMMUNICATION from Blizzard about the runes that were changed except "slated for a future patch". You want to say you're "actively working"? Well, I want to say, I'm shelving my Monk until Blizzard gets it together. Monks aren't fine, and 1.05 was a perfect opportunity to address it. Instead, you've addressed Wizards and Barbarians and Demon Hunters.

Not sure what you mean by addressed Wizards.. If you mean the nerf to our procs.. Yes.

Or the buff to .... disintegrate? .. ROFL, please stop trolling.

Wizards are just about as bad off. In fact, come to think of it..

Now we are exactly as bad off, since EVERY single CM wiz will now be using the EXACT same build.. Isn't that what you guys are upset about?

The wizard class was shi.t on pretty hard this patch as well, so don't for a second think we have been 'addressed.'

What?
They went from saying that they felt monks are in a decent place to saying that monks could use the most improvement.

If anything that says that Blizzard is fine with monks needing the most improvement, as evidenced by them saying that "we feel monks are in a decent place".

A decent place being defined as having room for most improvement....

^ lol i know right. Basically they know monks suck but yet have given monks no significant improvements in the last 3 patches. Makes sense.........not...
Edited by ViciousPanda#1160 on 10/4/2012 7:55 PM PDT
^5 Sundeath !!!
Maybe some of these ideas are being considered
Instead, you've addressed Wizards and Barbarians and Demon Hunters

By addressing Wizards, you mean totally nerfed them to hell....with more changes planned in the future..

Seeing the "planned works" on the monks has been there since 1.01, I shudder to think when is Blizzard's planned change for wizards as well.

I'm off to play X-Com when 1.05 hits...

Yes wizards and monks are feeling the pain here and for us this patch is well not good( to be kind). What they need to realize is that they are sacrificing viable builds for build diversity, which in the long run is destroying classes. And though I am with my monk brothers and sisters on the fact that this nerf is really too big on us, it is hell to wizards who only had one or two viable builds in the first place. Yeh you guys say you want diversity and you will get it if you kill the only inferno viable builds, because we will have to try different combos to survive, but what will happen next? We will find another effective build and we will all use it because far and wide for monks and wizards there are few viable inferno skills and passives. What happens when we all go to the next effective build, are you going to nerf it and buff crap skills again, these skills don't work not because of low damage but because they are too slow, don't make sense take place of something more useful or don't work well with other skills/passives. If we are going to go in a continuos cycle of player finds build, blizzard nerfs build then people are not going to play much longer.
Edited by Wilson#1140 on 10/4/2012 8:05 PM PDT
All of those skill the Blue mentioned are trash any good Monk would never use either of those skills. Fists of Thunder with ThunderClap Rune And Deadly Reach is the build to go.
10/04/2012 08:04 PMPosted by TheMasteR
All of those skill the Blue mentioned are trash any good Monk would never use either of those skills. Fists of Thunder with ThunderClap Rune And Deadly Reach is the build to go.

wait for that to get nerfed then for build diversity
Hey blue, dude you just posted and look at all the rage about it. Maybe it's not YOU that's messing the monk up. But it's who you work for, they suck real bad right now. Go tell Jay you'll get him some donuts if he'll balance us with the other classes. Monk will be bomb then :D. Oh great job on letting us know us monks got to get our butts kicked in patch 1.0.5 for a while. You're a pal.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]