Diablo® III

Hellfire nerf official explanation

(Locked)

Trail of Cinders.

If you agree that something that works as described in patch notes (and has same description when it goes live) can later be called "BUG" and "FIXED", you will buy every explanation afterwards.

Simple "Oops, we got carried away, it's too strong" would be much better and respectful.
Edited by ARÔMÊZ#2910 on 10/6/2012 1:12 AM PDT
I love it. Means that bads will never be able to pay to win like they accuse the good players of doing and getting an overpowered ring that would make their farming easier.

L2P.
Edited by acrimony#1561 on 10/6/2012 1:42 AM PDT
I cant believe that this was a bug. It is just again a nerf to any fun factor in this game. It seems like if anyone starts having fun its nerf time.... In diablo 2 what kept me playing everyday every hour was the idea that i could turn any skill into a over powered skill. In this game anything that is unique and mimicked is nerfed.... The HellFire ring was awesome, finally something worth working for and getting with a guarantee of just awesome power. Only the Heros who could defeat the Ubber could attain such a ring.

Diablo 3 was starting to feel like a fun game again, to bad the greatest addition to the game will never be introduced...

Now we have a ring that tells the story of what diablo 3 is about. Its about farming 35% exp. and stat based skills..... Great game, sounds like a real good time, maybe its time for me to fold my clothes on my bed and start jogging.

Hellfire rings proc if it was a "bug", was the GREATEST bug ever to Diablo3 and its sad to lose something that would have been a game changer for many people who play everyday and never feel like they are gaining ground.

Please make the proc do % of damage and have it scale to mp powers. Thanks blizzard if you are listening to the people who want this game to be Greater then Diablo2 and have a legacy of its own!!!!!!!!!!
omfg !STHU?! how many threads are you going to create to complain about something that is still in the TESTING phase ?

Really? REALLY?

So you're telling us that NO ONE, no developer, no QA tester, no one in the whole company tried to proc the ring even ONCE before releasing the patch?

um...? the patch is not released yet? ever heard of a test realm? woo dang ur a smart fella!
Edited by Imbafury#1272 on 10/6/2012 2:18 AM PDT
Since when did Diablo 3 become a beta test?
It's fine guys, there won't be so many bugs once this pos game gets out of beta.
OP...totally agree. This was no developer error, they forgot about reflect damage and the proc repercussions. Fix reflect Blizz, not the ring.

This ring was one of the few things I was looking forward to in the next patch. For the majority of people, this ring would be an epic quest to get. Even at MP5, ubbers for me were a hard battle, and it's not a guarantee organ drop.

In all likelyhood, even if I got the ring, I would lose base DPS because I doubt it would have both CC/CD on it like my other rings. The ONLY benefit would be an addition 100int and the kicker, the PROC!

You've now relegated what should have been a legendary ring to all other rings. A crapshoot chance of rolling godly stats. Only it can't be bought or sold. Far easier and more practical to just farm Act3 for legendary's, sell em, and buy a trifecta on the AH.

I see now, Hellfire procs for about as much damage as my sparkflint, maybe less. Nice work.

Why would you negate our quest for such a piece of EQ. This is the stuff that brings players back, quests. Farming gets old, quick. Paragon was good but that gets old too. These kinds of quests gives us something to shoot for.

You ought to give these ubers more organs that can build an uber piece of eq for every slot. This would REALLY make the quest enjoyable and take a lot longer to build these TRULY legendary eq items. And yes, they should be the best general pieces of EQ in the game for what it takes to get them.
Edited by MajesticIX#1425 on 10/6/2012 7:31 AM PDT

Basic probability would tell you rolling a trifecta on a rare is easier than on hellfire. Who cares about the main stat? Why do you think top wd's wear tal rasha chest...

And who said that, again? Einstein? Jay wilson? Or some forum dumbass, like you.

You just dont get it, end of story. The nerf was unnecessary. Period. And this isnt even about whats better, rare or hellfire, its about endgame, and having something to strive for. For most endgame players a .000000000000000001 chance at getting an amazing ring aint it.

Especially with what you have to go through to get it, which you never did.

Spot on. What is the point of doing a 2-3(maybe even more for the average geared player)hour run for a ring that has a SLIGHT better chance for rolling the exact same stats as any rare or great legendary/set ring. Who would wanna take their chances over and over on that, rather than just do a normal farm - whenever you find a ring there, the chances are just about the same, for it to be as great as Hellfire. Well done guyz Well done... I really wonder who's fault this is - to me it just really looks like very poor management from the top guys. Jay Wilson really seems like a bad choice for this job, when he allows for so many direct ERRORS to get through the game - PTR or live... no matter where

It is no were near a 2-3 hour run for the vast majority of players. Myself if it goes live with the chances you have atm I will probably never see this ring. They do make a lot of damage control over reactions though.
Trail of Cinders.

If you agree that something that works as described in patch notes (and has same description when it goes live) can later be called "BUG" and "FIXED", you will buy every explanation afterwards.

Simple "Oops, we got carried away, it's too strong" would be much better and respectful.

Yep. But then it seems a lot more people would complain if they admit they are nerfing it, so instead they just pretend it is a bug and all those people now buy it and do not complain.

They rather pretend they have no QA at all, than to admit they made a balance mistake...
10/05/2012 10:32 PMPosted by Noble
I think most players will agree that the only bug that needs a nerf is the salary of ALL blizzard staff. Benefits were never intended to scale or proc with blatant negligence or utter stupidity.

I completely agree.
It's called a Pre-TEST Realm for finding bugs. It's not the LIVE servers.

REALLY yes.

PTR stands for Public Test Realm, not Pre-Test...
Blizzard went about this the wrong way. They should have left the ring the way it was and let a bunch of people use real money to buy it then nerf the !@#$ out of it like this. You guys would make more money that way.
Big ****ing Deal. Stop crying about it... hard to believe you people have nothing bettter to do then parade around here calling the developers liars. Its a game. Your lucky they're still even working on it considering they've already got all our money. Trail of Cinders.. they stated it was going to be 1500% over 3 seconds.... then decided it was too powerful... as it was. Big deal... .get off their a**es and be happy they are still working on it.

EDIT : I seriously hope people on these forums make either a big attitude adjustment or a big jump in maturity. ITS A GAME. With enough of this crying and bi*ching on the forums "YOU LIED TO ME!!!" , eventually they are just gonna stop working on it entirely. Think before you post something. Its a game... they are working on ways to make the game better...just be quiet already before they just get tired of your !@#$%ing and stop working on it altogether.
Edited by slicktrick#1483 on 10/6/2012 10:16 AM PDT
10/05/2012 09:30 PMPosted by DAKKON
It's called a Pre-TEST Realm

No, it's called PUBLIC Test Realm.
Big ****ing Deal. Stop crying about it... hard to believe you people have nothing bettter to do then parade around here calling the developers liars. Its a game. Your lucky they're still even working on it considering they've already got all our money. Trail of Cinders.. they stated it was going to be 1500% over 3 seconds.... then decided it was too powerful... as it was. Big deal... .get off their a**es and be happy they are still working on it.

EDIT : I seriously hope people on these forums make either a big attitude adjustment or a big jump in maturity. ITS A GAME. With enough of this crying and bi*ching on the forums "YOU LIED TO ME!!!" , eventually they are just gonna stop working on it entirely. Think before you post something. Its a game... they are working on ways to make the game better...just be quiet already before they just get tired of your !@#$%ing and stop working on it altogether.

This isn't about them working on the game or not. Obviously they're supposed to balance things out, whether it requires nerfs or not.

This is about them simply refusing to state what they are doing, and instead use the good old "it was a bug" card to try and buy an easy way out. Why couldn't they just say it was overpowered and they needed to fix it? No, they had to go and try to make it look like a bug now, which doesn't make any sense whatsoever, if you try to think about it for 2 minutes.

So they're lying just because they know they can, just for the heck of it - as all the gullible people will fall for it. This way they don't need to even try and justify anything. From now on, all nerfs can just be called "bug-fixes" and they'll never have to deal with people complaining about nerfs again.
Ahhhh...the Blizz spin cycle.....

As I mentioned in another thread, many of the complaints on these forums are no longer about the game as such but more about Blizz lack of integrity and poor behavior towards the player base.

I hope they are noticing the goodwill rapidly evaporating because they will not be able to salvage that anywhere near as quickly as it is disappearing (especially with tinker patches)...and not just for this game.
Hmm kinda like the ToC little problem. Only difference is they lied and stated ToC's damage.
Yes, it's like ToC problem and that's exactly why they put up a Public Test Realm.

How can it be called a nerf when it is not even gone live? 1.0.5 is not out yet.
And yes, I know they are lazy bastards but we are not barbarians. Stop bashing them for your own idiocy.
So you're telling us that NO ONE, no developer, no QA tester, no one in the whole company tried to proc the ring even ONCE before releasing the patch?

You've just said something insanely idiotic. They already said it was a bug fix. So there was already someone, some developer, and maybe QA tester, and someone in company just tried to proc the ring, and also including some players who have participated in the Test Server tried the ring since the patch is still not release yet.
They are greedy

They are lazy

They are liars

+1 bump for homepage for all to see
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]