Diablo® III

Blizzard, a serious word regarding meteor

Very interesting blue reply.. When I am reading a blue post here, I must laught.
Why?
Lets refer to their Wizard patch preview 1.0.4 dev journal:
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/6939564/Patch_104_Preview_Wizard-8_15_2012

They clearly stated there they are not against CM builds, but "Originally, we weren’t going to make this change, but 1.0.4 also brings with it a number of new Legendary items, and many of them have phenomenal new proc effects. If we left high proc coefficients as they were, then a handful of skills with higher coefficients would become the de facto choice to use with these sexy new items."

And now not far from 1.0.4 going live, issue is a CM and 100% CC uptime?
lol.

Few things dear blizzard dev team:
1 - we realy don't care about legendary proc effects which are anyway useless. So if a given quote above is true, you can remove them, nobody will care.
2 - do you realize you are not nerfing only CM, but also Wiz class survivability? It affects mostly LoH, APoC, etc.
3 - these builds work only in expensive gears, which still isn't being a fair price for you for that being a case?

Honestly, I realy wonder how you come up with that balance.. since clearly you are breaking it to the point where it just stops to work and you call it "having balance for a better in long-term of the game".

Plus here you say, in a same post mentioned above, that even after proc coefficients nerf, CM builds still remain suitable with a very expensive gears: "For those with extremely high Crit rates, you may not even notice much difference, but I wanted to call it out anyway."
So can you please clarify if this is still a case?
I still pray it will be after 1.0.5 goes live.

And honestly, I don't understand why are you nerfing all the skills proc coeficients and if CM is your issue.. Why don't you just lower proc chance of CM it self? Then above quote is 100% truth.

Anyway, I must discuss further.
It is quite funny, because first you nerf one skill. We say OK.. we found out another one. you nerf it. We switched, And you nerf it again, and again, and again.. how far would you like to go?

Also please understand that this game is about farming, and farming is about efficiency.. so there will be always just one or two builds with one or two best skills which synergy for that build, to farm efficient. So please STOP with that build diversity nonsense..

And yet all of this is because you probably saw a bunch of very well geared Wizards on PTR realm ruling MP10 and here comes the nerf..

So, to end this little rant:
Can you just please clarify your quote "skill synergy isn’t where we want it to be for wizards at the moment, and we’re looking at ways to improve that for the future." more further NOW?

Reason I play Wizard is because I choosed him now being a very nice battle mage tank, I don't like to wait for all your nerfs.
How can I be sure that one day you won't just come and won't remove CM completely from game? .. just like nothing happens..

Reason I am asking is because you probably don't realize that:
A) We are running hundredth of hours on farming and spending millions of millions of golds on gear to make these builds work.. and now you apparently want us to do it again, just for another build.. and next patch for another build.. always something will rule sanctuary.
B) We don't like to get annoyed same way as we did with WoW when last couple of patches we've been doing nothing but reading patch notes and changing/farming for new gears.
C) We don't like to realize in middle of paragon leveling in some patch x.x that we should rather reroll for example a Barbarian, because Wizard is not most efficient class to farm in this game.

.. We just want to have an option to quit this game now before I will get nerfed again in next 2 patches.
Edited by Potkan#2416 on 10/4/2012 4:27 AM PDT
Reply Quote
While the proc coefficient on Meteor and its runes is indeed being nerfed, this change really should be viewed within the full context of the patch. Patch 1.0.5 not only introduces [url="http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/7155884/Developer_Journal_Defensive_Bonuses_and_Monster_Damage-9_14_2012"]changes to defensive bonuses and monster damage[/url], but also the Monster Power system, and [url="http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/7100052/Developer_Journal_Crowd_Control_Changes-9_5_2012"]numerous crowd control improvements[/url]. Combined with the Meteor’s lowered AP cost and decreased delay between cast and impact, these changes made it so Meteor was more appealing to everyone, which is fine. But they also made the skill extremely efficient (in fact: too efficient) to get Critical Mass procs and 100% CC uptime. Efficiency is good, but there needs to a balance. The skill is still very strong, so the tuning on its proc coefficients will hardly trivialize Meteor builds, and we anticipate that it will be brought back to roughly where it is currently in patch 1.0.4.

That said, skill synergy isn’t where we want it to be for wizards at the moment, and we’re looking at ways to improve that for the future. The sort of changes we’d like to do are more involved than simple numbers-tuning, though, and they weren’t able to make it in with this patch. But we are absolutely working on them.

Translation :

We replaced the Tires on your car as requested, however, we also had to remove the engine because it was leaking oil. The delivery for the new engine gonna takes around 6-8 weeks.
Meanwhile please enjoy your new Wheels and the exercise you get while Pushin.

R.I.P. Sorc.
Edited by Xeno#2262 on 10/4/2012 6:33 AM PDT
Reply Quote
If this patch goes live like it is now.. there is no need for getting pitchfork and torches!
Its then .. just really time to leave this place!
Reply Quote
Yup I'm already selling all my wizard gear to prepare for the nerfs. POS game is POS.
Reply Quote
so were screwed for cm builds till the next patch after 1.05... cool
Reply Quote
So wiz is getting shafted just like my monk? What's left in Barblo 3 then?
Reply Quote
dont feel bad guys, im a barb and the game is geting old real fast rofl, i do maby 1 act 3 run a day, thats all i can handle anymore, nerfs after nerfs on a pve game hf, back to counter strike rofl, cyaa
Reply Quote
10/03/2012 01:35 PMPosted by Vaeflare
But they also made the skill extremely efficient (in fact: too efficient) to get Critical Mass procs and 100% CC uptime.

Seriously?

You said now that you've reduced Meteor's casting delay and AP cost, Meteor became too efficent?

Then just revert Meteor back to 2.5s delay, 60 AP cost and it's old proc.

Since you broke it by buffing it, then just return it to the way it was instead of nerfing the proc!? Logic???
Reply Quote
CM builds are fun because they remove COOLDOWNS which don't even belong in a Diablo game to begin with.

That's what Blizzard can't get through their thick skulls.

G.
T.
F.
O.

Think that'll make too many skills/classes OP? Tough !@#$! THIS IS DIABLO. That is what it's all about!!
Edited by TheMoj#1726 on 10/4/2012 4:46 AM PDT
Reply Quote
But on a sidenote :-)
Sorc gear gonna be super cheap compaired to now... thats a good thing right? =)

flipside... barb stuff gonna be doubled in price.

10/04/2012 04:31 AMPosted by Aspirine
Barblo 3

Hahaah fits :-)
Edited by Xeno#2262 on 10/4/2012 4:58 AM PDT
Reply Quote
So in net you only pay 5times for a wizzard gear farming half the MP. Sounds still fair for Barbs.
Reply Quote
But on a sidenote :-)
Sorc gear gonna be super cheap compaired to now... thats a good thing right? =)

flipside... barb stuff gonna be doubled in price.

It's a good thing for Blizzard. People will have to buy getter gear to compensate for the nerfs.

Working as Intended™
Reply Quote
Combined with the Meteor’s lowered AP cost and decreased delay between cast and impact, these changes made it so Meteor was more appealing to everyone, which is fine. But they also made the skill extremely efficient (in fact: too efficient) to get Critical Mass procs and 100% CC uptime.

Has it ever occurred to anyone on the dev team that 90% of the problems they are encountering with wizards could be fixed by reworking CM itself, or the effects of CC?

It would be unpopular, but far more long-term a fix, to just put a hard cap on either the CM timer reduction (min = half CD, or min = 1sec, something like that), or on the CC aspect (mob goes immune after X applications, change FN to break on damage, etc.)

The whole proc coefficient tweaking is opaque to many players, not showing up in any tooltip and would be entirely mysterious if not for showing up in nerf-patch notes and the experimental results compiled by the playerbase. It's a cockamamie, gimmicky lever that effects 3 game mechanics (at least for wizards) at once, even when only (purportedly) intended to be changing one mechanic.
Reply Quote
And that all started cuz jay didn t feel enough powerfull playing his barb using stun´s!

gg blizzard! u failed so terrible making D3
Edited by Tristan#1157 on 10/4/2012 5:22 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Has it ever occurred to anyone on the dev team that 90% of the problems they are encountering with wizards could be fixed by reworking CM itself, or the effects of CC?

The problem here is, it's too hard to jump to that conclusion...even for smartest monkey.
Edited by Darkrox#2119 on 10/4/2012 6:44 AM PDT
Reply Quote
So Patch 1.0.5 is EPIC FAIL for every CM based Sorc and for every LoH or APoC Sorc.

Great work!!! Keep going and you will have no players left at all..

And your reasonings and statements are just pathetics excuses and just shows that you NEVER play/test the game or you just dont like it. (with "you" i mean the D3-Team).
Edited by thE#2970 on 10/4/2012 5:48 AM PDT
Reply Quote
JUST NERF CRITICAL MASS ONCE AND FOR ALL!
Stop nerfing all the wizards who depend on LOH to survive just because of CM wizards. : (
Reply Quote
10/03/2012 01:35 PMPosted by Vaeflare
But they also made the skill extremely efficient (in fact: too efficient)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=beZXYhihXfE

It's not irony, it's hypocrisy.
Reply Quote
Some weeks ago at the Blizz HQ. Spliff making it´s round.

Dudes, as u all know, due to build diversity, we gonna cut SC by a solid 75%, making WW the only viable option again. But there´s a problem: After all the cutting in half....ähh sorry....tuning on ET, ppl might actually start using this stupid spell called Meteor. It´s Proc is above .2, even worse, .25.

Jeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeseeeeeeeee, that´s at least a 70% tuning.

Dude you really should relaxe and half another smoke. Ofc you´re right, but that way it´s gonna be no fun at all. Here´s how we´ll do it. Since the problem is permafreeze we´ll start off doubling freeze duration. Ofc we´ll gonna let the Wizplayers know. Than we´ll gonna do some minor buffing to Meteor and let them know also. Then we´ll gonna release the first patchnotes, not saying anything bout the SC tuning. That´s gonna be a suprise for later on. Then we´ll let them have some fun with Meteor for a few days. (Or at least the onces we don´t give Error12). And than we´ll give them the big hammer: Meteor cut in half! Yeaaaaaaaaaahhhhhh.......that´s gonna be fun. And the good thing: Since we doubled freezeduration to start off, permafreeze will still be working somewhat decent, with half the LoH and ApoC, making up for some future tuning, telling them they should look at the whole picture of Meteor and promissing some future tuning.
Edited by DaniW#2270 on 10/4/2012 7:51 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]