Diablo® III

Blue: Bonus Item

So what you're saying is farming ubers and doing any of the new content, including getting hellfire rings is pointless?
I don't think getting the Hellfire ring is pointless however I don't need to be in MP to collect the keys at all. I can do MP1 A1-2 for those keys, MP0 A3 and 4 for the other two. The loot in the above settings will be exactly the same. The key drops will have less chance than the higher MP's but the speed will make up for that.
Reply Quote
What about about me (and 90% at a guess) of the D3 buyers who wanted a better skill/item system that doesn't suck balls and force us to gold AH? U think facilitating the current 10% (1million yeah right) and telling them kills per minute = better loot means anything?

What the !@#$ happened to Diablo? We mostly knew killling more mobs equates to more drops and x2 kill rate is better than x3 mf.

...If I kill baddies all day I maybe get the opportunity to to make a decent profit in AH. Work it out!? AH is not "fun", interesting, cleaver, or is anyhow gameplay. (Sorry any D3 "pros")

When you are trying to milk the last dying cow of a heard you should maybe think about re-population.

PS: for you all that haven't worked it out yet - Gauranteed rares doesnt equate to better items. Nephalem valour is bull%^-*, the garuanteed rares are always local to AH Popularity

(Ignores post/replies)

PPS: Ignore me or prove my statement wrong

Well at least someone who thinks in the long term and about the big picture ;).

I think you are right besides the "no loot quality gain in higher mp levels" they dont think on the rest of the entire playerbase which will never happen to even play mp 5 at best ;). Let alone that most players are actually not even geared that way nor play the right and one and only farm class for this (the barb namely) ... .

Isnt it nice that a small feature to just have a chance of dropping one additional item makes people go "woosh cool this will mean more legendaries, yes!" while in reality it will most definitly for over 90% of the playerbase look pretty much different ;).

However buddy dont worry Blizzard is on the right track for making this game as unfriendly to new players as possible ... .
Reply Quote
10/12/2012 08:50 PMPosted by speedforce
So what you're saying is farming ubers and doing any of the new content, including getting hellfire rings is pointless?
I don't think getting the Hellfire ring is pointless however I don't need to be in MP to collect the keys at all. I can do MP1 A1-2 for those keys, MP0 A3 and 4 for the other two. The loot in the above settings will be exactly the same. The key drops will have less chance than the higher MP's but the speed will make up for that.

Speed will not make up for that, please dont kid yourself. What u just said is lunacy for farming keys efficiently. Are you even on PTR?
Reply Quote
When a monster dies, the first thing we do is decide whether it's going to drop loot at all.

Most monsters -- like say your everyday shambling zombies -- have a roughly 30% chance to drop loot. The exact percentage, however, varies from monster to monster (for example, the Tormented Stingers in Act III have a much lower chance because they spawn in large packs and are easy to kill).

When you kill a monster in Inferno on MP1 or higher, if you pass the initial roll to obtain loot, you will also get a second roll to get an additional piece of loot. The "bonus item" chance for each MP level is detailed [url="https://bnetcmsus-a.akamaihd.net/cms/content_folder_media/MQRC9PZ3CZ1K1349891151349.jpg?v=0"]here[/url]. A few monsters are exempt from the bonus loot, but we tried to put it on the vast majority of normal monsters, and will probably add it to more if we like how the system plays out.

Also, just to be clear, the bonus drop applies to Normal monsters only. We wanted Monster Power to provide players with extra loot rolls, and (since Champions and Rares are already guaranteed to drop multiple items) Normal monsters seemed like the best place for us to add that mechanic in.

Will the new drop rate apply for legendary and set items?
Reply Quote
ho another lie ~
Great job Blz
Reply Quote
edit:
wait wait wait a second here.

9007 elite kills, 8967 on your character with 141,000 DPS and 34 paragon. GTFO out of here noob don't tell me how to play the game all you did was buy **** off of the RMAH. ****ing fanboy don't know wtf you are talking about. Insta-ignored.

Oh good, it's you.

Speed will not make up for that, please dont kid yourself. What u just said is lunacy for farming keys efficiently. Are you even on PTR?
Are you? I've been on the PTR boards since the day it came out and I wrote the first farming post as well as post some feedback videos on Sentry and Tempest Rush which NO ONE has done, to date.

Here's the deal. Act like the keys are a BONUS. You get the keys, you go do the ubers for a chance at the ring. Your main priority should always be items and making more gold and money. Why in the world would I want to farm the keys efficiently? I want to farm ITEMS more efficiently and that = plenty enough rings for me. I can go BUY a ring that has Main stat+Trifecta 63.

As for the keys, I'll have the keys eventually. Just by sheer numbers alone guarantees that I'll have them. So you go ahead with MP5-10, struggle, do whatever you feel you need to, to get a higher chance to drop the ring. I'll have it just by playing normally.

Your other pearls of wisdom:
08/30/2012 09:09 AMPosted by speedforce
Okay so heres a theory. The more MF you have, the worse it is for finding legendaries. The reason is that MF increases your chances for a magic and rare item, however it doesn't increase the legendary chances in the same proportion that it does for magic/rares. Therefore the more MF you get, the worse chances you have at getting a legendary.
Edited by Mith#1762 on 10/13/2012 12:32 AM PDT
Reply Quote
When you kill a monster in Inferno on MP1 or higher, if you pass the initial roll to obtain loot, you will also get a second roll to get an additional piece of loot. The "bonus item" chance for each MP level is detailed here. A few monsters are exempt from the bonus loot, but we tried to put it on the vast majority of normal monsters, and will probably add it to more if we like how the system plays out.

So on MP10 every time a normal monster drops an item it will drop two? (except the "few monsters") Are MF rules the same for this bonus loot?
Reply Quote
When a monster dies, the first thing we do is decide whether it's going to drop loot at all.

Most monsters -- like say your everyday shambling zombies -- have a roughly 30% chance to drop loot. The exact percentage, however, varies from monster to monster (for example, the Tormented Stingers in Act III have a much lower chance because they spawn in large packs and are easy to kill).

This brings up an interesting topic, as I am very curious on how loot is determined at death of a monster - kind of a step-by-step what is done for determining drops.

Now I understand the roll for the items going from legendary to 6 affixes from the Game Guide (http://us.battle.net/d3/en/game/guide/items/equipment#magic-find), but the roll to determine if loot drops at all being different on monster by monster basis is news to me.

I am curious what those chances are, and I am especially curious what are the exact percentages for the loot tables of each monster? It seems to me that since the loot tables are set into the game it would not have any negative affects to know the exact chances of getting certain types of loot, since knowing it would not have any affect on what the player gets in the end.

Maybe consider a blog post on the subject to those interested.
Reply Quote
congrats blizzard,

yet another step to raise the gap between powergamers that spend 15 hours a day botting/wasting their lifes, and people that play the game a reasonable amount of time per week.

where is the old diablo where everyone had the same chance to visit pindle and get a nice drop? (mf gear was so cheap that took maybe 5 hours farming in order to get/trade a full mf set, and that was a run where having the best mf gear did not make a big difference in efficiency compared to a basic mf set, same as mephisto and many other good MF spots).

now a player that has to play in MP 1 and base mf in order to not waste 20 seconds per normal mob, has to play about 3000 more times to have the same chances to get a good item as a player that kills in 1-2 hits mob in MP 10 with maxed MF...

such a great design! The game has so mutch potential with some minor tweaks that I still have faith in you, even though i dont play anymore (second time I abandoned it). For example I am playing Torchlight 2, witch is miles away from D3 in quality, to be honest, but it is REWARDING. When I play it, I dont feel like if I jsut wasted 1 hour of my life and I have to promise myself not to play anymore...

Sorry for my bad english, I hope that you could understand what I meant.
Reply Quote
10/12/2012 11:24 AMPosted by Lylirra
When you kill a monster in Inferno on MP1 or higher, if you pass the initial roll to obtain loot, you will also get a second roll to get an additional piece of loot

Does that mean that on MP10 you either get no item or you get 2 items but you can never roll 1 item from normal monster? Seems weird...
Reply Quote
For some reason patch 1.0.5 doesnt really seem that fun anymore
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]