Diablo® III

DPS / EHP Calc - V2.1 RELEASED!!!!

11/08/2012 11:02 AMPosted by LostMan
Hey look! A worse version of d3up.com

Not quite, completely different things here brah. So you can GTFO.

But thanks, first real trolling i've had so far, 10 pages in isn't bad.

11/08/2012 11:04 AMPosted by Skyler
Right, I agree it won't be the most accurate. It would be based off the current levels and there is gonna be some minor differences. It would only be an estimate, which should be good enough. It probably won't make a whole lot of sense to recode everything for that added accuracy. Up to you. Great job on the tool nonetheless.

I'll see what I can do, tinker around with some things and check it out. It might be something I try and do for my next release which will be like next week.
Edited by Kieble#1634 on 11/8/2012 11:42 AM PST
Reply Quote
11/08/2012 11:24 AMPosted by Kieble
It might be something I try and do for my next release which will be like next week.

Cool more bugs to find when i'm bored at work!!!! lol
Reply Quote
haha currently, for the next release all I have planned is adding support for all other parts of other classes, and perhaps doing this itemization thing. So if anyone comes up with good ideas let me know!
Reply Quote
I have just noticed that there was a "request sticky" field at the top of this topic. ^^;

I encourage everyone to click it as I did ... ; )
Reply Quote
11/08/2012 11:04 AMPosted by Skyler
Right, I agree it won't be the most accurate. It would be based off the current levels and there is gonna be some minor differences. It would only be an estimate, which should be good enough. It probably won't make a whole lot of sense to recode everything for that added accuracy. Up to you. Great job on the tool nonetheless.

If I were to do this, would there be a need for this on the new items too? or is it more just to get a sense of which items give the most DPS / EHP? If it's just on the current equipped items, that would be easiar, but that's not to say I can't do it for both.
Reply Quote
I've re-opened the beta directory for the new stuff i'm working on. I think the item breakdown is working quite well. Only have a couple started.
Reply Quote
Well, excellent, we are looking forward to see the next improvements ! : )
Reply Quote
is this software working???
Reply Quote
Awesome job.
Reply Quote
11/17/2012 09:06 AMPosted by LuvFoxy
is this software working???

Yes, this software is working.

Also, Version 3 is now in testing with one extra feature being added in the near future!
Additions include:
  • Ability to remove Dodge / Block from EHP (block isn't added yet, but the box is there)
  • New Item Breakdown Section - This seciton will show DPS and EHP contribution of each item based on your current gear. IE: what would happen if you removed that item with all the rest of your gear staying the same
  • To do - Add a selective box for set bonuses, so that it is easier to represent sets.
  • Reply Quote
    Added selection boxes for set bonuses. That should make it easier for when completing that 4th piece to compare the upgrades. Will now be working on EHP item breakdown. It seems MH / OH numbers are a bit off on item breakdown. It seems that when you go without weapon, it isn't just replaced with a 1-1 1AS swing. So i'll have to figure out what an unarmed swing is equivalent of.
    Reply Quote
    Is it normal that the Item breakdown disappear after you click on the calculate button?
    edit: seems you fixed that one already.

Also, could you make the follower select stick? After you click on calculate, there is no selection but the buff are taken into account in the Stats table. It would help to keep the radio button checked.
    Edited by Azliet#1154 on 11/19/2012 9:11 AM PST
    Reply Quote
    Yup, i moved the table for followers and it seemed to have lost the stored value, but fixed that up. Also I added the item breakdown to the calculate page, however I don't think i'm gonna run an item breakdown of the new items as i'm not sure if it'll be used really.

Current to do:
    Add EHP to item breakdown.
    Any other suggestions I get before thanksgiving :)
    Reply Quote
    Unless you make 2 or more changes in 1 shot, you can easily find out how much the new item gives you in DPS and EHP from the basic Stats breakdown so I don't think you need to update the item breakdown as well.

If you do , you'd have to show the old and new values of each item VS the same with the new items which would add quite a bit of work.
    Reply Quote
    Yeah, that's pretty much what I was thinking. It would be a massive code rework to get that and for a very small if any benefit.

Hopefully I get some new suggestions though, I've almost finished all my last batch and am looking for more things to add!
    Reply Quote
    Looks like i'm doing finishing touches on Item Breakdowns for EHP and then I'll be complete.

Does anyone know what the Unarmed swing timer and dmg is?
    I had assumed it was 1-2dmg witha 1 Attack per second, but that calculation doesn't seem to come out right. Anyone have any insight?

As for everyone else, test out the new beta before it goes live!

http://www.unyieldingvalor.com/D3/beta/calcTool.php

new features:
    Item Breakdown for EHP / DPS
    Dodge is toggled
    Regions are remembered (EU, TW, etc.)

any other recommendations are welcome!
    Edited by Kieble#1634 on 11/27/2012 7:00 AM PST
    Reply Quote
    :) Shhhhh
    Edited by Aphraell#1269 on 11/27/2012 7:04 AM PST
    Reply Quote
    Edited by Kieble#1634 on 11/27/2012 7:07 AM PST
    Reply Quote
    Kieble, great job love it!

I'm surprise my EHP is 672K !

Peace
    Reply Quote
    Thanks! Yeah, you've got a lot of HP and res all on you! Tank right there haha.

I've finished the EHP section. I'm trying to decide about formating and if it's hard to read the new item breakdown. IE add comas or just leave as is, or any other aesthetics.

As I always say, any suggestions are welcome!
    Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
    Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]