Diablo® III

DPS / EHP Calc - V2.1 RELEASED!!!!

+1 this is really helpful
Reply Quote
Kieble, while I am happy about my EHP data, I am alittle confused when I compare mine with Shandlar's.

Take a look at his:
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Shandlar-1961/hero/1580104

His stats is way better than mine in almost every department; CC, IAS, Armor, AR, Intelligence and Vit.
The only stats of mine that is higher than his Vit. His is 716, mine is 971

When I input his stats to your EHP calculator, I am very surprised to see that his EHP scores are much lower:
http://www.unyieldingvalor.com/D3/beta/calcTool.php?region=US&name=Shandlar&tag=1961&hero_name=1580104&hero_load=true

I know the difference between mine and his is about 255 Vit but for his EHP to be that low??

Hmmm.......

Something amiss in the calculator?

Peace
Reply Quote
Edit: Caught at the last second, turn off prismatic armor. He's running SNS which is way less EHP but more dmg, you're running a defensive armor.

No, nothings wrong. Vitality (HP) is a huge factor into EHP. This is because you take all your dmg mitigation and divide it into your HP. So having more HP is like a final multiplier.

For example, if you took your current EHP value of vitality (556 EHP), and multiplied it by 255:

255*556 = 141780
So at your current EHP level, that's a 141,780 EHP difference. It'll obviously be different for him as he has different stats on AR / Armor, but it gives you an example. Now I'll run you through my calc and print off the stats for you:

[27-Nov-2012 12:48:49]
Life: 50363.67 --
Armor: 0.626984972823 --
Resist: 0.76338028169 --
Dodge: 0
//TotRes: 1016.25 // Resist Change: 1.25 // ArmorChang: 1.35 //Armor: 5294.7

Now let's put you through the formula for EHP:

$life_total/((1-$reducArmor)*(1-$reducResist)*(1-$reducDodge)*(1-$classReduc)*(1-($eliteReduc/100)));

50363.67 / ((1-0.626984972823)*(1-0.76338028169)*(1-0)*(1-0)*(1-0)) =
570610.959324 EHP

for Shand:

[27-Nov-2012 12:57:47]
Life: 39017.44 --
Armor: 0.625089264461 --
Resist: 0.742815153494 --
Dodge: 0
//TotRes: 909.8 // Resist Change: 1 // ArmorChang: 1 //Armor: 5252<br />

Plug these in:
39017.44 / ((1-0.625089264461)*(1-0.742815153494)*(1-0)*(1-0)*(1-0)) =
404655.566058 EHP

[TLDR]
So what does this mean?

The biggest thing is that you have Prismatic armor, so even though you have less resist all pre-armor, you have more after armor. If you want to see it without armor, scroll to the bottom and turn it off, then hit calculate. More armor and Resist All is pretty big.

Then add on top of that you have more health. So you have higher multipliers everywhere
Edited by Kieble#1634 on 11/27/2012 10:06 AM PST
Reply Quote
Allright, seems like no complaints or problems, new version should be going live tomorrow barring any new ideas or problems arise!
Reply Quote
Kieble, you are a genuis!
I completely understand it now.

However, I think I discovered a small flaw.

No matter whose profile you load up, the immortal kings set 3 is always ticked by default.

Might wanna check that out.

Fantastic work on the data all the same!

Peace
Reply Quote
I still reckon VIT is overated as a CM/WW wiz in EHP calculations.
Reply Quote
This is a great calculator..thank you!

Suggestion: When you uncheck the "new" box, could it wipe out the previously entered values?
Reply Quote
View profile
Awesome tool! I bookmarked it for future use.
This is especially helpful for me because all of my upgrades from here on out are gonna be expensive.

Thanks for your hard work, Kieble.
Reply Quote
Awesome work as always
Edited by skyQuake#1457 on 11/27/2012 5:26 PM PST
Reply Quote

No matter whose profile you load up, the immortal kings set 3 is always ticked by default.

Peace

Good catch, it doesn't do that for me so i never noticed. But when I loaded you it defientely did! I'll look into fixing that ASAP.

11/27/2012 05:16 PMPosted by Aphraell
I still reckon VIT is overated as a CM/WW wiz in EHP calculations.

Agreed, over stacking Vit for CM / WW is over valued in EHP, but it still is your EHP. It still takes that much dmg to kill you, but it also takes that much health regen to cap you.

If you use it for comparing CM/WW wizards, it's best to put a cap on it at 35-50k HP, since that's the pretty much wide side of each spectrum you want to go usually.
Reply Quote

Peace

This should be fixed!

Suggestion: When you uncheck the "new" box, could it wipe out the previously entered values?

And this is a great idea. I can definitely add that in tomorrow perhaps.

Thanks for all the praise! Glad people are liking the updates / changes!
Reply Quote
it looks like you logged out with Energy Armor on, but no Magic Weapon, that's why it's different from your profile. turn off Magic Weapon, and hit calculate and it's dead on to the exact number.
Reply Quote
Nice work!

Can I suggest a few ideas?

1. It would be nice if the each item-piece table is collapsible/expandable and that it is collapsed by default. We don't need to see a hundred input fields immediately. It is a good thing to assume that users do not have a Full HD display.

2. Unbuffed DPS/EHP should be the default but in case this is something you feel users have to uncheck skills/passive, at least put the skills/passives tables *before* item tables.

3. A dark background or at least a choice for a dark theme. I like how d3up.com is using similar coloring scheme besides being already dark like diabloprogress.com.
Reply Quote
Nice work!

For me personally, i think i prefer something simpler. I was wondering whether you can make the calculation result sheet an additional editable columns (similar with the column beside equipment stat, with the "new" tickboxes on top) where we can input new stats for comparison directly, without putting it in the respective equipment slot.

Some similar reference : http://www.d3dps.com/

Its very practical and very easy to use. Just a suggestion, very nice work regardless!
Reply Quote
Found some weird things with the Item breakdown:

This is what I see for my main hand and off-hand

Main Hand - Hateful Ingot 139306.81 27.86% 16,467.00 0%
Off Hand - Triumvirate 80736.25 16.15% 47315.91 12.35%

1- my DPS contribution from those 2 item totals WAY higher than my actual DPS (163k)
2- the main hand uses a different ponctuation style than the rest of the table where the thousands are not separated by a comma.
3- the main hand has a EHP contribution value but 0% return?
4- my main hand has no stats that could potentially increase my EHP (RA, armor, Vit, int, dex or strength) yet it still has a EHP value.
Edited by Azliet#1154 on 11/28/2012 7:53 AM PST
Reply Quote
see, this is why I like when you're around Azliet, always finding the little stuff I over look.

The only one that I don't see a problem with is the #1.

These numbers will always add up to more than your actual dps, since they are a relationship of your current items.

Example: If you have a 163 dps, and you remove just your weapon, you'll end up with around 163k-139k dps on your sheet.

I'm just taking that number that you end up with subtracted from your overall dps, and getting a contributed DPS. However this takes into account all your current gear, so it's always going to be higher than the pure dps it adds. It'll be impossible I think to get a pure dps number that adds up to 163, since every item is reflective of the other items you're wearing.

I think the bigger picture is to the percentages to see what items you're getting the most value from. However, if there is a better way of doing it, let me know. I just took the idea from someone on this forum and what D3up did and tweaked it a bit.

As for the other 3, i'll start working on those. I was working on formatting with coma's to make the thousands look better, but php has a terrible number formatting that makes it so you can't do math with the numbers afterwards, so i'd have to do it at the end which i was testing with weapons.

Thanks again for catching the glitches.
Edited by Kieble#1634 on 11/28/2012 8:27 AM PST
Reply Quote
lol I'm just used to looking for small problems and weird reactions.

Another thing I just noticed but I think might be "normal"

if you click on calculate, the EHP item breakdown is screwed up and only the Helm displays correctly. Now I know you said you weren't sure if you'd implement that part but the DPS item breakdown works correctly and the helm seems to be calculated. This makes me think you either forgot to remove a test section (helm) or it's just not completed.

Also I finally figured out why my +10 crit damage was giving me issue (I mentioned that before but I couldn't replicate it... now I can).

The initial load of the character is fine:

+10 Crit Damage 2865.64 2865.64

However, since I always use the enchantress, I always select it and click on Calculate again.
This is what i see after:
+10 Crit Damage 356905.61 2927.04

The "old stats" is clearly wrong. i wish I could have that much CD lol

It only seems to affect the enchantress and only for the +10 crit damage. I tried the scoundrel and didn't get any problem with any stats. This is for both the beta and the live versions.
Reply Quote
Weapon should be fixed.

Calculate item Breakdown should be fixed.

the enchantress is a strange bug, that might take me a bit to figure out.

Is it easy enough to read, or would using coma separators help with understanding the chart?

@ Nehalem
1) That is a great idea, adding collapsable would be just adding some javascript. It might be easy enough to do in this release, i'll look into it tonight.
2)I've had complaints go every which way, from they should show all EHP/DPS you currently have on your character to they should show nothing. I chose the medium, active buffs are on, dex and passive buffs are off. I think I'm going to keep those how they are. However, if I add in the collapsable buttons, that'll move everything up giving more view of them at the start of the page.
3.) Black is just to boring as a background to me. I may try and update the colors a bit, but as this is the first complaint i've had about it, it seems like it's somethign most people don't mind the simplistic and clear look. However, i'll keep it in mind to tinker and try out things. I could always just setup a button to swap BG colors for the user.

@ Fatamorgana
Are you saying something like the DPS / EHP breakdown point, but where you can put in like "24 int" and it'll tell you that your DPS / EHP went up by X amount?
Reply Quote
This is a great calculator..thank you!

I just realized this is already done in the background. If you uncheck an item and hit calculate it will use the numbers in the first column for both new and old items.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]