Diablo® III

DPS / EHP Calc - V2.1 RELEASED!!!!

May I ask what a decent EHP should be like for say a medium MP5/6 level?
Reply Quote
Interesting, you may want to look at more refined tools like D3up.com to see what the 'competition' is doing.

Also, in Wizard self buffs, u need to add in TimeStop-Stretch rune, adds 10% Atk Speed.

Maybe also add lines like:

- 'dmg vs chilled/frozen targets', when using Cold-blooded passive
- 'dmg vs burning targets', when using Conflag passive
Edited by Seolfor#1633 on 10/18/2012 2:33 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Interesting, you may want to look at more refined tools like D3up.com to see what the 'competition' is doing.

Also, in Wizard self buffs, u need to add in TimeStop-Stretch rune, adds 10% Atk Speed.

Maybe also add lines like:

- 'dmg vs chilled/frozen targets', when using Cold-blooded passive
- 'dmg vs burning targets', when using Conflag passive

This, 1000x this. I don't have any way of knowing what my dps is. I am assuming +elem% is calculated correctly in-game now, but not sure. Considering I have +32% elemental damage, that's kinda a big deal to me. Also, my amulet has +cold% damage on it. This means every hit I strike with spectral blades chills the target. Now Cold Blooded is MUCH more of a factor...especially considering that SB is my main attack. Also, my spectral blades are +19% damage. I really want to see that under the chilled/frozen scenario, with spectral blade damage, how much is my True DPS.

Right now I can only guess.

Fix that, I'll owe you a bj.

By the way, your damage for my toon doesn't match my dps sheet or the blizzard site. Not sure why that is.

Rafazafar#1562 - Rafajafar

EDIT: Found a bug. Loaded my hero. Only checked "Force Weapon". Hit calculate. Loss of DPS. Why?

EDIT2: I lost exactly 55 AR for no reason I can see. Replicable with steps above.

All weapons with %element dmg are correctly working. So your amulet and your 32% element dmg are already calculated in. I was leaving non-castable buffs off the table cause there's just so many proc buffs it would be hard to have them all.

I'll look into the AR resist loss, and post back later, not exactly sure what the problem is.
Reply Quote
I noticed something weird yesterday.

Whenever I tried to compare my current gear with a different weapon, the calculator tells me i'm losing between 50k to 70k DPS no matter what I put as stats.

I even tried with a grand vizier I found yesterday. In game it tells me I'd gain 2k DPS, you calc told me I'd lose 54k. I don't have the exact numbers with me but it seemed strange.

I just tried with impossible high weapon stats and still lost 49k. In both 1 hand and 2 hand weapons.
Reply Quote
I noticed something weird yesterday.

Whenever I tried to compare my current gear with a different weapon, the calculator tells me i'm losing between 50k to 70k DPS no matter what I put as stats.

I even tried with a grand vizier I found yesterday. In game it tells me I'd gain 2k DPS, you calc told me I'd lose 54k. I don't have the exact numbers with me but it seemed strange.

I just tried with impossible high weapon stats and still lost 49k. In both 1 hand and 2 hand weapons.

Allrighty, thanks. I'll look into the weapon calc. This was just for weapons correct?
Reply Quote
yeah so far I haven't seen any problem with armor.
Reply Quote
10/18/2012 04:49 AMPosted by Kieble
I was leaving non-castable buffs off the table cause there's just so many proc buffs it would be hard to have them all.

- TimeStop-Stretch is a castable buff

Cold Blooded and to a lesser extent Conflag are very very important passives. If you want your tool to have an edge, you should definitely incorporate them.
Reply Quote
I was leaving non-castable buffs off the table cause there's just so many proc buffs it would be hard to have them all.

- TimeStop-Stretch is a castable buff

Cold Blooded and to a lesser extent Conflag are very very important passives. If you want your tool to have an edge, you should definitely incorporate them.

What i'm talking about is semi-permanent buffs. Things that provide min+ buffs. I may look into adding those things. However I'm not doing this to compete with anything else. Currently no other tool had all the features I was looking for, so i made my own. I'm going to have to pick and choose what I can add to keep the clutter to a minimum. This is something I was going to try and stay away from due to every class having 15+ possibilities of 3-10 second buffs that can skew numbers. It would add hundreds of new formulas.

Since i'm catering this towards Wizards 1st and other classes after that, it may still be something on the additions list, but your repetitive comments of it having an edge, or looking at the competition isn't really relevant here.

TL:DR I like the idea, i'll look into adding it ASAP, but competition isn't really what my tool is going to be about, i'm not planning on overtaking sites that have been around from day 1. Sorry if this came out as rude.

Edit:
Seolfor,
If i were to implement it, which would be better to you as a user. Having checkboxes for those buffs, that you could turn on and calcualte, but would change your base, and updated stats. Or having a new column next to the DPS / DPS Elite columns that showed DPS Cold Blooded / Dps Conflag / DPS etc. ?
Edited by Kieble#1634 on 10/18/2012 6:39 AM PDT
Reply Quote
10/18/2012 05:26 AMPosted by Azliet
yeah so far I haven't seen any problem with armor.

Fixed the problem. For some reason i was dropping the new items min dmg which caused it to be 0. :) thanks for catching that.
Reply Quote

EDIT: Found a bug. Loaded my hero. Only checked "Force Weapon". Hit calculate. Loss of DPS. Why?

EDIT2: I lost exactly 55 AR for no reason I can see. Replicable with steps above.

Both should now be fixed. AR was due to not adding in your Zuni's 3 piece. DPS was the same as last post. Sorry for these small bugs, just working out the kinks :)
Reply Quote
Updates:
  • Added identifiers for heros to help select the correct hero
  • Updated DPS algorithm to be much more accurate
  • Fixed problems with Elemental weapons with Elemental Dmg Bonuses
  • Reply Quote
    Looking for anymore suggestions before I open this to all classes
    Reply Quote
    Just a very minor suggestion - on the New Item box that you can use to compare gear, where it says "Weapon Type:" (to the left of the drop down menu), I guess it would make more sense to say "Item Type:" or something along that lines :)
    Reply Quote
    haha yeah, i can fix that typo no problem
    Reply Quote
    Bump for bug, not showing set bonus for Chant's 7% reduction
    Reply Quote
    10/22/2012 07:19 AMPosted by Shart
    Bump for bug, not showing set bonus for Chant's 7% reduction

This should be now fixed. Along with the typo form earlier.
    Reply Quote
    Quick question about the bonuses.

How does the tool know to add the bonus when we are comparing a set item?

I assume we should enter the bonus stats as if it was part of the item itself right?

Maybe that's something that should me mentioned somewhere like a note at the bottom of the page or something.
    Reply Quote
    Quick question about the bonuses.

How does the tool know to add the bonus when we are comparing a set item?

I assume we should enter the bonus stats as if it was part of the item itself right?

Maybe that's something that should me mentioned somewhere like a note at the bottom of the page or something.

Good Call, currently if you're adding an item that would make a set there isn't any way to add it other than putting the stats on the new item. I may make a drop down that allows for you to add a set bonus with the new item, that would fix that problem in a pretty simple way. As for removing, it is still checking your original item for the set bonus, so I need to make it remove the bonus if you remove an item with sets. Thanks for that, hadn't even thought of it as I've never used set items.
    Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
    Explain (256 characters max)
    Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]