Diablo® III

Monster Power and Infernal Machine: An FAQ

You did not mention where to find the plan.
Reply Quote
So ideally for max efficiency you'd wan't to open the three portals in a game with MP10 to get an organ with every version and a guaranteed ring?

What would you suggest for those that can only handle low MP levels? Start a game with higher MP then invite high level strangers into the game to make the kill for you? Would that work? Any downside?

Efficiency is a much debated topic.

The most common way to farm organs is for a group of 3-4 people to create a game together and split the machine cost of the portals. if each person has 3 portals, you will have enough in a 4 person group to get a 12 chances at an organ.

Alternatively, many very well geared players are willing to carry a less geared player in exchange for the machines. the downside to this is that, unless you are doing MP10, you can end up spending 3 machines and not seeing any organ drops. And running MP10 is difficult even with high end characters, as the monsters have so much life and damage. Even if you can get 3 well geared players to 'carry' you, damage output and survivability can be a problem.
Reply Quote
Reported for belligerence.
Reply Quote
10/22/2012 11:26 AMPosted by Rastlin

You did not mention which plan you mean. He mentioned the Infernal Machine plan and where to get it. (Bonus information- this plan counts toward the Blacksmith achievement.)

He did not mention the Hellfire Ring plan, which is available for a mere 2,000,000 gold from Squirt the Peddler in Act 2. (Dunno if this counts for the Jeweler achievement... I'm still saving up for mine.)
Reply Quote
An Troll.
Reply Quote
10/22/2012 12:38 PMPosted by ccc

You did not mention which plan you mean. He mentioned the Infernal Machine plan and where to get it. (Bonus information- this plan counts toward the Blacksmith achievement.)

He did not mention the Hellfire Ring plan, which is available for a mere 2,000,000 gold from Squirt the Peddler in Act 2. (Dunno if this counts for the Jeweler achievement... I'm still saving up for mine.)

Got this entered in the OP now, thanks for pointing it out.

i love the free troll bumps! thanks guys, keeping this on the front page cuts down on a lot of the question threads that get made.
Reply Quote
front page knowledge, yo!
Reply Quote
i did 2 mp5 uber runs tonite, got 4 organ drops total, 1 on the first one which let me craft my first ring and all 3 on the second run with let me craft another.

i got pretty good rolls too! im super psyched, first ring is on my DH, second is on my WD.

the DH ring is especially good, tho not godly.

keep at it guys, hellfire farming can pay off! tho, im sure my next 10 crafts will suck.
Reply Quote
I tried solo Uber Bosses on MP1 :D and it was not hard and did it with 6 machine and only got 1 item for the ring >.<. Now I got another 6 machine and just need to find some people to help me kick their asses haha. I think it should be alot easier now since Blizzard nerf the DMG.

After I got my Hellring I'll EXP the hell out of my character :)

btw any of you farm the key today cause it seems drop rate on keys got a boost or something....
Reply Quote
I tried solo Uber Bosses on MP1 :D and it was not hard and did it with 6 machine and only got 1 item for the ring >.<

i would definitely suggest fighting them in groups, not just because its easier, but so you wont have to swallow the cost of all 3 portals. its much more efficient to make 1 machine and get 3 or 4 runs out of it by joining a full group and have everyone use 1 machine.

also, you will probably be able to tackle a higher MP level in groups, which will drastically increase your chances at seeing organs.

Good luck shadow!
Reply Quote
^
Reply Quote
Play with 2 WD yesterday on MP7 with 3 machines and everyone got a ring lol (thats what I call lucky!). I don't know....but lucky lady seems to be on my side this week since Keyward drop keys like crazy for me and got like 3-5 set items in this week too!

I'm gonna go farm more keys and try another Hellfire Ring. Hopefully this time I'll get a Attack speed + Critical Hit + Critical DMG + AR (ya...ya...I know I'm greedy haha).
Reply Quote
10/18/2012 04:52 AMPosted by AangTheNomad
They keys do not stack, so its wise to create the infernal machines to save storage space.

You say the keys do not stack, yes they do stack. I have two of the same one in my inventory right now and they're stacked.

The infernal machines also stack.
Edited by NoCapes#1759 on 10/29/2012 7:57 PM PDT
Reply Quote
WAIT ONE SECOND. so if I do public games it will be mp 0?
Reply Quote
85 Human Warrior
This is good info. Thank you. Too bad the morons at Blizzard couldn't think of writting something like this. That is why I usually don't participate in Blizzard events like this becuase I don't feel look doing a ton of research and don't want to go to 3rd party sites to figure it out.

Blizzard always puts a great deal of effort into making events like this one in WoW and now I guess Diablo 3, then they never explain how to do it in a competent or comprehensive way. The hardcore gamers will research this stuff no doubt, but 75% of the base never ends up doing them.
Reply Quote
Bro. Come on.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]