Diablo® III

[Ideas]1.0.6 The I-Would-Like-To-See Thread

Just remembered another:

If a player leaves a game, and then uses the Resume game function without leaving the D3 client AND within XX minutes, they retain any NV valor stacks they had. This would allow players to check the AH without losing stacks, and could possibly modified to handle disconnects.
Reply Quote
Making a thread for the community, I'll add a few ideas, and everyone else can add a few ideas, highly rated posts will be added to list. I would definitely like to veer away from class changes/discussion as it will cause arguments. Feel free to comment on other ideas, or improve them. Be sure to thumbs up ideas you like from others, or thumbs down ideas you do not like, it will help me a great deal. I'll start off with:

I would like to see:

Resurrection Timer
: 10 Seconds MAX or Completely removed.

Public Games: Monster power selection and Custom Game NAME creation, with passwords. I.E. I should be able to chose public games, see public games list, and be able to join my selection. D2 had the perfect system for this IMO.

Others would like to see:

Hide Loot: Option to HIDE anything blue, light blue, white, grey when dropped on the ground.

Gear: Diabos and Shields need a buff, currently they are not sought for whatsoever.

Gems: Ruby/Topaz Not scaling properly for weapons at max level.

Auction House Search: Currently "Search for similar items" Is not working for legendaries.

Banner/Resurrection: allows us to place our banners on the ground while clearing dungeons and if we die we can respawn at our banners location.

Crafting: Increase the mats required to craft items, decrease the gold.

Craft Multiple: Being able to craft multiple, instead of just one at a time.

Item Lock: Ability to lock items that your character is currently wearing.

Nephalem Valor: Allow 5NV to stay when completing acts and continuing to the next.

Buff/Debuff Panel: Currently if there are too many buffs, it hides some of the more important ones (I.E. Archon form). Self buffs should at least be first always in the list.
Debuffs: Currently there are none for stuns, slows, etc.

Pickup Radius: An option to allow pickup radius to be seen.

Comma's for gold: Comma's for the millions of gold when trading, and when posting an auctions. 1000000 would be 1,000,000

Gear Comparison: Currently gear comparison works for items linked in chat. it's needed in the AH also, where it currently does not work.

Yes, I too would like to see all this add to the next patch.

I would also like to see more skill/rune changes to the ones that are too weak and are not used.
Reply Quote
Add an auto pick up/sell option. I would like to pick up rares, legendary, etc instantly when I walk over them (like with gold) and when I walk over blues I would like for them to be instantly sold. I hate having to go back and forth to town all the time to sell things, especially in a public game. Waste of precious NV time and annoying for the group.
Reply Quote
better legendaries
Reply Quote
I would love to be able to do more while waiting for a resurrection. Things like checking my inventory, identifying items, inspecting players, and maybe even panning the camera a bit to stay closer to the action should all be available while dead.
Reply Quote
^ updating shortly, some really nice ones i'm adding.
Reply Quote
I just created a thread before seeing this one with specific requests about the Auction House history presentation:
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7005430820

If linking is discouraged, I'll edit it out and just copy/paste the idea here.

Nice thread--thanks!
Edited by Lemrin#1751 on 10/26/2012 12:27 PM PDT
Reply Quote
1. I would like to see random zone shapes. It's kind of boring to know right where to go all of the time.

2. I would like to see mini-boss monsters show up in zones. You would never know which mini-boss might show up, nor what zone they would show up in. So no farming of specific boss'. They would generally be quite large in size, a little intimidating, a bit scary. And of course they could have a better chance of dropping legendary or set. Or better yet, they could even drop new items only found on them.

3. Show the base item type on all items after identification. A Desolator Wand should say that, not only on the ground but on the item itself after identification.

4. Allow travel between acts to way points a player has already reached. (probably already mentioned here).

5. In the Auction House, expand the field that shows the selling price so it does not cut off numbers.

6. In the Auction House, add a maximum gold value when searching for items. If I only have 80 million gold, I would like to sort out all values above 85 million to only see items I may be able to purchase.

7. In the Auction House, allow us to scroll through affixes while searching with the mouse wheel.
Reply Quote
1. I would like to see random zone shapes. It's kind of boring to know right where to go all of the time.

2. I would like to see mini-boss monsters show up in zones. You would never know which mini-boss might show up, nor what zone they would show up in. So no farming of specific boss'. They would generally be quite large in size, a little intimidating, a bit scary. And of course they could have a better chance of dropping legendary or set. Or better yet, they could even drop new items only found on them.

3. Show the base item type on all items after identification. A Desolator Wand should say that, not only on the ground but on the item itself after identification.

4. Allow travel between acts to way points a player has already reached. (probably already mentioned here).

5. In the Auction House, expand the field that shows the selling price so it does not cut off numbers.

6. In the Auction House, add a maximum gold value when searching for items. If I only have 80 million gold, I would like to sort out all values above 85 million to only see items I may be able to purchase.

7. In the Auction House, allow us to scroll through affixes while searching with the mouse wheel.

#6 is already implemented for buyout
Reply Quote
^
Reply Quote
Secret room filled with Goblins!!!
Reply Quote
1. Digit dividers in the AH: 1,000,000,000 instead of 1000000000

2. Proper area randomization. Diablo 3 is 98% static, it should be 98% random.

3. Less or no dead ends. If you reach the end of a tunnel, use procedural generation to create a doorway or the ability to smash down a piece of crumbling wall and continue on.

4. Ladder with neither RMAH nor GAH, possibly.

5. Remove the 24% movespeed limit stack on items. If I want to equip 4 items each with 12% movespeed buff, I should be able to do so and gain 48% movespeed. And on that note, add more movespeed items.

6. Expand Act 4 and make it less crap.

7. Allow players to set item filters. I don't want to see white items drop; I should be able to filter them. I don't want to see blue or yellow items below iLvl 62 drop; I should be able to filter them.

8. Gold and health globe pickup radius should be expanded to potions, tomes, and gems. Too much picking up garbage - it breaks progress.

9. More darkness and horror. Seriously, did any of the current devs actually play Diablo 1? (Forget Diablo 2, it was rainbows and blinding deserts, it wasn't true Diablo until you went into the shadowy tombs)

10. A bit of light radius would be nice and would add greatly to the darkness effects. Again, look at Diablo 1 and 2. Then give us items that add to light radius so that WE the players can choose how dark our environments are going to be.

11. Give half paragon stack bonuses to other characters from the character that has the highest paragon level. Currently there is zero incentive to play more than one character and that needs to change.

12. More candy on Legendaries. 1.0.4 added some candy but not enough. We need unique, fancy effects from Legendaries. Also, scale the candy based on your character's current strength. Firewalker's burn effect is static and it should not be static, it should be based on a percentage of your character's DMG.

13. Fix broken clicking. If I click on the waypoint I expect my character to run to the waypoint and for it to open the waypoint dialog immediately. Instead I often find myself having to click a second or third time on the waypoint before the dialog pops up.

14. Allow us to hide quest dialog on Inferno. I can't stand Leah or Tyrial's garbage.

15. Give more randomized, secret trapdoors and tunnels. The first stage of Act 1 does this right - there are usually more than 5 trapdoors, wells, etc. that allow you to jump in and explore before the first waypoint. After the first waypoint you seem to have forgotten about this concept. The cathedral is static. Everything is static. There are no secret rooms, no hidden passages. Everything is static. Ugh.

16. More gems. Add Sapphire for starters.

17. Ability to sell items without going back to town. Remember Blizzard, we don't want to break progress/fun.

18. Identify all rares button on your character (not blacksmith, otherwise being able to sell items without going back to town would be pointless) or auto-identify rares when you pick them up. Again, identifying rares is un-fun and breaks progress and continuity.

19. More checkpoints. corpse running is not fun. Again, massive break in continuity if you have to run for more than 20 seconds to get back to where you were.

20. I want to be able to keybind what the Ctrl key does (quick peek at items on the ground) to the middle-click mouse button. If I'm eating with one hand and playing Diablo 3 with the other hand, I have to keep putting my food down to hold in Ctrl. Not cool.

21. If selling items away from town will not be implemented, then we need unlimited inventory space on each character. Having to go back to town every 5 minutes is not right.
Reply Quote
^
Reply Quote
I would like to see:
    all abilities have at least SOME proc coefficient(removal of proc coefficient 0 abilities)
    all abilities benefit in some way from all offensive stats(removal of critless abilitieS)
    a slight toning down of reflect damage on rare packs(not a huge nerf, maybe 10-15% reduction)
    some changes to make crafting interesting and fun
    ability to set checkpoints manually since D3 has some of the worst checkpoints ever
    Edit: More stat options. Lifesteal shouldn't be exclusively on weapons except for barb. Movement speed should be available in more places.
    More rare/champs in act 4
    Increase the default pickup radius by 1.
    Remove movement speed cap
    You should be able to change skills without losing all of your NV. Have it so that once you change a skill you have a 1 minute period where you can make all the changes you want and only lose 1 NV stack.
    More gem options
    More distinct effects on legendaries(I want my dawn to summon a beam of holy light that sears enemies who stand in it, I want to see Inna's Reach increase the range of your spirit generators by 2 yards, I want to see the Echoing Fury have a chance for to cause an ability you use to repeat at the same spot 2 seconds later, etc)
    Every level 60 set needs to have a set bonus that is unique and interesting.
    Every class specific level 60 set should have a unique visual effect as part of it's set bonus.
Edited by Seluhir#1817 on 10/28/2012 5:01 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I love all these new things and i hope they get added, But blizzard is to lazy and never adds cool stuff like this.
Reply Quote
^ amazing ideas, implementing more soon.
Reply Quote
^
Reply Quote
Bump
Reply Quote
^
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]