Diablo® III

UberDeath - Ultimate DPS build

[Update with test data]

Did some extensive testing of UberDeath build.

Did a Blossom vs RoF test.

Azmodan being test subject. MP2.
get 5 stacks Arcane dynamo, channel until Azmo dies.

Blossom , with 30% elite -5 cost soj, - 12 seconds
Ray of Frost, with 30% elite +7 crit soj - 22 seconds

Blossom is the clear winner, you can see trash dying much faster on blossom.

Special Thanks to Delfius for volunteering his time to test with me!

After seeing 1.9mil crit, i think we have another convert. :)
Reply Quote
Kind of a noob questions, but does this need to be run with a CM wizard? are there other classes/builds that can provide the sort of control you need? (Specifically, my friends play barb and DH, can this be more effective than rof for me?)
Reply Quote
11/14/2012 11:03 AMPosted by Sinnombre
Kind of a noob questions, but does this need to be run with a CM wizard? are there other classes/builds that can provide the sort of control you need? (Specifically, my friends play barb and DH, can this be more effective than rof for me?)

i'd say CM partner is highly desirable if not required for max efficiency, maybe a vortex monk as poorman's substitute. key is you need to be almost melee range, if mobs are far away, your bolts wont hit. and you're very glass cannon, so mobs chasing after u might be an issue.
cm partner covers both areas , tight clump and keep mobs off of you.
Reply Quote
last time i checked living lightning's proc, it blew balls
long time ago though

anyways, was wondering how long arcane dynamo lasts through torrent...
just the first few or the whole duration?

i'm guessing just the first few cuz that would be op

build would still own if living lightning actually worked like you said it did
you know
if you didn't get creamed
Reply Quote
arcane dynamo last the WHOLE spell as long as you channel it and dont move.

and since you can sustain it forever using my said 'gear check', your ONE spell(channel) can kill both ubers, doing potentially billions of dmg on one casting.

living lightning is best 5-stack arcane dynamo spell i know, that's why it's chosen, so even if u moved to dodge and attk, u can get the 5 dynamo stack back quick via living lightning.
Reply Quote
I spent months working on an AT build. I finally found the right mix of skills and gear, and it was incredible. Ultimately, I moved on to other projects, but AT is extremely strong.

However, Death Blossom is only good if you're absurdly overgeared. Try playtesting for a hundred hours, THEN post another build, elinminator.
Edited by deadclown#1828 on 11/14/2012 5:36 PM PST
Reply Quote
deadclown. i've started playing with Arcane Torrent since my archon days, trying to find the perfect archon downtime skill. well before the start of your lengthy AT thread. i've read some of it , and i dont agree with your findings, that's why i didnt comment on it, and went about developing my own build.

I played with most of the AT runes, and contrary to your findings, they are not "extremely strong", everything is just MEH... except deathblossom, which really peaked my interest. most ppl are focused on cascade or disruption, but it's just your plain old 200% skill with a side effect. it's hard to build something ground breaking around something that's so plain.

the weakness of AT is two fold:
1- it has windup delay
2- it's a channel spell, meaning you cant do anything else.

death blossom boasts the highest weapon %, the only weakness is that it's random, and by using build on huge bosses, high HPs, you're minimizing its downside. and you dont need to be 'absurdly overgeared', i was doing fine with my archon gear. everything is scalable with MP, you adjust your MP to your gear level.

and btw, i have playtested AT for close to 100 hrs, if not more. so do i qualify to post a build now?
Reply Quote
Nice thread.

I took out my old 60 Wizard and AT is the skill I used the most when I level up. I used Disruption with Arcane Hydra.

I've never really used Arcane Dynamo but very good to know that AD effect lasts the whole "channel".

The patch note says they made Death Blossom easier to hit and I tried it a bit this morning. Yes, it is still quite random but it has huge pbaoe radius.

My favorite is still Disruption because you can direct where the damage goes very easily. My gear sucks so I am only doing MP1 and I like Cascade.

One quick question. How come you guys are using i62 Orb? That 6% arcane damage is better than the set combo?
Reply Quote
I can farm mp6 as CM/WW with ten times less deaths compared to this build.
Edited by Achenar#1650 on 11/17/2012 5:58 PM PST
Reply Quote
11/17/2012 05:58 PMPosted by Achenar

congratulations on the discovery of CM , now go brush up on reading comprehension...
Reply Quote

congratulations on the discovery of CM , now go brush up on reading comprehension...

Burnt

eLim - seen that Skull grasp in AH? int/6cc/-4at shame abou the price
Edited by Aphraell#1269 on 11/17/2012 11:23 PM PST
Reply Quote
I'm on 300k DPS. Downed Azmodan in 35 seconds in Monster Power 7.
at 50m life, I should be doing about 1.6m'ish damage/sec.
The DPS is impressive.

Diamond Skin Prism make blossom live. The proc rate is good, so you can use it a few times before the AP runs dry. I have 5 APOC.
Edited by Zalmoxes#6135 on 11/23/2012 5:07 AM PST
Reply Quote
I run blood magic as standard. When there's monsters, it's not as random as it would appear.
Dropping a goblin in mere seconds is pretty good. I have a video recorded, which is how I timed and analyzed it. But my internet connection isn't good enough to upload without slowing down the internet for the entire house.
Reply Quote
eLINminator let me borrow AT gear for ubers on MP8 in order to compare this build to archon. Had two cm/ww wizards and a carry for a group of four.

1. Death blossom
313k damage + SoJ
4850 armor
615 resists
45.8k health
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/wizard#bejSXO!YWT!cZacaZ

2. Archon with 50% uptime
303k damage + SoJ
6810 armor (in archon)
980 resists (in archon)
55.5k health
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/wizard#bmjSXO!gWT!ccacaZ

Death blossom has extreme problems with reflect damage, mainly due to its uncontrollable nature. This lead to two deaths on Seige/Kulle when the torrent decided to hit Seigebreaker multiple times in succession and Kulle not at all. It was also an issue on reflect damage elites. The unpredictability of the spikes made it difficult to counter with health pots or diamond skin.

Maghda/SK forced me to run around arcane beams and away from flies, as each one would take half my health and I couldn't rely on death blossom for life steal (again, random damage).

Ghom was no problem at all. However, with death blossom the kill took ~1 min 40 sec and with archon it was ~1 min 25 sec.

Currently it seems to fall short on both survivability and damage. Any gear or skill changes to improve survivability would necessarily lower damage. This build really puts the glass in glass cannon.

I think dropping diamond skin for hydra may surpass archon in terms of damage, but does nothing to improve survivability until changes are made to reflect damage or hydra's interaction with life steal.
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/wizard#bejSiO!YWT!cZacbZ

The one place it does excel is when the room is filled with mobs. Nothing else could possibly kill large groups more quickly.
Edited by Shelendil#1520 on 11/28/2012 3:47 PM PST
Reply Quote
My first thought on looking at the build: Good luck with siege.

Can somebody with a 5%+ skorn and blood weapon test and see how badly siege goes with death blossom? I'd consider picking up a skorn to do this build just because it is different, but I don't want to dump a ton of money on it just to get owned by siege.
Reply Quote
Just tested this against Ghom (larder). Using SoJ -5 torrent and Storm crow for APoC.
Must say I like it a lot!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-slQnPSyrw&feature=youtu.be

138.4m hp in 45sec = 3m dps

320k sheet dps + 27%soj+4%storm crow

approx 9.5x multiplier or 7.25x ignoring SoJ and storm crow mods.

Which means death blossom does approx 415% sustained vs 375% for improved archon. Plus the fact that it doesnt end in 15sec.
Have not tried this against sb though, would imagine reflect to hurt like a b!tch. Prob need more armour and resists to deal with SB

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-slQnPSyrw&feature=youtu.be
Edited by skyQuake#1457 on 11/29/2012 12:28 AM PST
Reply Quote
My first thought on looking at the build: Good luck with siege.

Can somebody with a 5%+ skorn and blood weapon test and see how badly siege goes with death blossom? I'd consider picking up a skorn to do this build just because it is different, but I don't want to dump a ton of money on it just to get owned by siege.

LOL I've tried this with 2.8 % LS + blood magic MP 9 no prob bro

the only problem is we need 2 freeze mages to perma freeze uber bosses so that we can deal damage reliably.... the hardest part is skel and maghda where we have to dodge arcane beams -> reposition
Edited by Inspy#2854 on 11/29/2012 2:55 AM PST
Reply Quote
anti-boss i just go disintegrate with glass cannon and teleport away whenever they get near - and ive never lost a boss fight
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]