Diablo® III

The Wizard Build Compendium

Great thread!
Reply Quote
View profile
OP? Video is up.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7200060288

It's more Spectral Blades based, than CM based.
Edited by RobertVarga#1345 on 11/23/2012 2:43 PM PST
Reply Quote
Nice great job AS00 you are the center of Wizard history!

I actually did have an unofficial guide to SnS back when I was arguing APS priority over CC then CC over CD, but since I didn't actually create the official thread I guess that's mah bad :P

Don't forget to add Shandlar for the new electrify and resident mathematician / theorycrafter and bringing the WW breakpoints to attention !

I still don't have a guide linked for SNS, just a build and a description. Can you give me a link to your old "unofficial" guide? I wanna post originals as much as possible.

Shand is already credited for the breakpoint research, along with Guybrush and Apo (he yelled at me for giving him main credit because he made the thread, so I toned it down to "work on"). Do you think the electrify thread should go in useful info? It seems like a pretty small snippet of info for that (just one more skill that will add to your DPS as CM/WW if you replace Teleport with it).

OP? Video is up.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7200060288

It's more Spectral Blades based, than CM based.

Sorry, wasn't online during the festivities yesterday, should be back to updating now. Added and credited you. I put it in "other" since you say it's not really CM-based; you can be proud to be the only build in there without the "non-viable" tag :P .
Reply Quote
Yeah there's no need for the electrify info to get a spot here. The thread will live or die on its own based on interest from the community. Word of mouth has already spread it to pretty much anyone who would care to know by now anyway.
Reply Quote
View profile
Sorry, wasn't online during the festivities yesterday, should be back to updating now. Added and credited you. I put it in "other" since you say it's not really CM-based; you can be proud to be the only build in there without the "non-viable" tag :P .

Thank you!

But that explanation of "Other builds" is still somehow... You know... Not very representative. :-D
Edited by RobertVarga#1345 on 11/24/2012 1:49 PM PST
Reply Quote
Added and credited PieHole's SNS guide.

After watching the buff wiz vid and taking a closer look at how it played, moved it to CM-Based. Uses different skills to get there, but still largely about refreshing defensive cooldowns really fast.
Reply Quote
i'd like to add a suggestion. Can you please mark the ones that are hardcore friendly.

For me i know which ones are friendly but for those that are new to hardcore and/or new to the game and going right off the bat starting with hardcore. (started hardcore as soon as i hit level 10 sc).

and maybe ask those that helped make those builds on suggesting a small alternative to those builds, you know, to lean and to see what they think. because i saw one build, i think, that had no teleport, but had diamond skin, so one might suggest taking off ds for tele.
Reply Quote
11/24/2012 01:47 PMPosted by RobertVarga

Thank you!

But that explanation of "Other builds" is still somehow... You know... Not very representative. :-D

Yeah, he left out a whole spectrum of builds that revolve around Illusionist. But, whatever. I'll just keep face-!!!!#!*##@ with my crappy build.

If/When we ever get PVP... :)
Reply Quote
Thanks for this! :)
Reply Quote
11/13/2012 03:40 PMPosted by AS00
because if you can't kill fast enough, you'll have trouble maintaining an erection...I mean, maintaining archon mode.

ROFL !

Great guide BTW - thank you !
Reply Quote
Melee wiz no freeze: Non-viable.

I 1000% disagree take a look at my build and see if you disagree I clear up to MP 5 as fast as any other CM or Archon and fall into the "other category" .

Does the low vit, force armour 35% with high regen still work post 105 ?

I seem to remember reading it had been nerfed somehow? I'm just gearing Wiz and loving archon on MP1 with a skorn and healing blades / blood magic to stay alive. Any tips or advice VERY welcome please.
Reply Quote
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/wizard#eRajgQ!YbU!abYaZZ

Here is my Arcane Temporal Flux build.
Offensively, ups Disintegrate - Violatility damage by first using Arcane Torrent - Disruption, Familiar - Sparkflint, Slow Time - Time Warp, and Glass Cannon. This is a base of 62% increase in Arcane damage (15% Disruption + 12% Sparkflint + 20% Time Warp + 15% Glass Cannon).
Defensively, just move forward close enough then cast Slow Time and Teleport - Wormhole backwards away then switch to offense.
Magic Missile - Attunement only used for a quick arcane boost

With Flux and Slow Time, enemies also get 30% - 90% slow on top of the damage increase.

Another good thing about this build is that it can be completed on level 45 and not need uber gears.
Edited by prastagus#1618 on 12/3/2012 8:49 AM PST
Reply Quote
Woah, responses! Better get back to work.

i'd like to add a suggestion. Can you please mark the ones that are hardcore friendly.

[snip]

This is a fantastic suggestion. Unfortunately, I'm not qualified to do so (I'm only level 49 with my first HC character, and it's a Monk to boot). I have a vague sense that kiting is more popular in HC than in SC, and that everybody plays more defensive builds, but that's about it. I would love somebody to give me some tips on what makes a build viable or non-viable for HC, which I could integrate into the master list. Any volunteers?

*edit* Actually, you know what would be really awesome? If somebody wrote a guide to playing Wizard in HC, complete with analysis of which builds fare better or worse than in SC and why, that I could link in the Useful Info section. Gogo gadget people-who-are-better-at-this-game-than-me!

Yeah, he left out a whole spectrum of builds that revolve around Illusionist. But, whatever. I'll just keep face-!!!!#!*##@ with my crappy build.

If/When we ever get PVP... :)

Specifics specifics specifics! I've only seen Illusionist used in kiting builds (which share the downfalls of all kiting builds), but maybe that's because I don't know everything. You're not talking about CM-based Mirror Image builds, right? Because those are just CM builds using a different cooldown skill. But if you're not, go make a vid/guide of you face-!!!#!*##@ with your (non)crappy build, and I can add it to the list. And if there's a whole family of them that I've missed, they can be their own section.

And if/when we get PVP, that will of course be its own section.

Does the low vit, force armour 35% with high regen still work post 105 ?

I seem to remember reading it had been nerfed somehow? I'm just gearing Wiz and loving archon on MP1 with a skorn and healing blades / blood magic to stay alive. Any tips or advice VERY welcome please.

It was nerfed way back in the day (like in 1.0.1 or so) by making the amount of damage absorbed by FA capped at your max life (which broke the 5k life wizard build). It's still a decent way to stay alive on a budget, though.

As for Archon tips, can I recommend eLINminator's excellent sustained archon guide linked in the OP?

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/wizard#eRajgQ!YbU!abYaZZ

[snip]

You, uh, don't seem to actually have a level 60 wizard (or a level 45 wizard, for that matter). Also, using Arcane Torrent and Disintegrate in the same build seems very redundant to me (and since both of them have -AP as their skill affix, with a little bit of gear Magic Missile is also redundant). Oh, and the slows from Slow Time and Temporal Flux don't stack, as far as I know.

If this is a build you've had success with farming inferno, I'd be interested to see a guide and a video to go with it, but your post doesn't convince me of its viability.
Edited by AS00#1295 on 12/3/2012 11:38 AM PST
Reply Quote
Okay, y'all, discussion time: Should I add a new "Melee Wiz" section?

I've seen a couple builds now:

-the Buff Wiz linked in the OP
-Rock's new spectral build here: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7199403658
-RulerEric's no-spinup build here: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7199910399

...that might deserve their own section. The builds are very dependent on CM, which makes me kind of want to toss them into CM-based, but they don't play the same as CM/WW and its variants (more stutter-stepping forward with SB, no WW-based windup period, permafreeze optional). They also don't seem to suck enough and there are too many of them for me to want to toss them into Other. Should I make a new section for them? If so, what should I call it?
Reply Quote
True this is more theoretical at this point for me. Hopefully it can get tested out by me or someone else.
Arcane Torrent is only the offense opener, just tap it once or twice to get the disruption on the enemey mobs then disintegerate away.
As you said, with a bit of gear, Magic Missile is also redundant so can be swap out though this build is not about gear. It can swap out for Arcane Hydra for more utility or Wave of Force for knockback and slow.
Even if Slow Time and Temporal Flux don't stack, during the cool down time for slow time, Temporal Flux still can slow down enemies from the area effect of Torrent and Disintegrate.
Reply Quote
@AS00: I am leaning towards your suggestion a little bit. Eric's way is kinda logical but I agree with you more that it deserves its own section as a different playing style. I think dividing builds into playing styles would make it easier for newcomers to get pick out the build that fits them.

In terms of name, Melee Wiz sounds good or something related to spectral blade - I haven't got any cool one for it yet though.
Edited by Rock#1954 on 12/3/2012 1:58 PM PST
Reply Quote
I wonder if you have added the build for sever + CM and definitely Windforce/Stormchaser.
Reply Quote
View profile
Yes, Blades are so good that maybe they deserve it's own section.
Reply Quote
12/04/2012 01:02 AMPosted by HachiKumo
I wonder if you have added the build for sever + CM and definitely Windforce/Stormchaser.

Don't know anything about either of these builds. If you mean the healing from LS Sever, that's not really a build. And, people still use SC?
Reply Quote
12/04/2012 07:43 AMPosted by AS00

Don't know anything about either of these builds. If you mean the healing from LS Sever, that's not really a build. And, people still use SC?

yes i use stormchaser with my healing blade build bc of the free purple twister, more apoc, more loh, more EB.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]