Diablo® III

The Wizard Build Compendium

Which build would you suggest for playing in coop? Then I'll adapt for my situation (I always play with two monks)
Thanks!
Reply Quote
Which build would you suggest for playing in coop? Then I'll adapt for my situation (I always play with two monks)
Thanks!

CM/WW is where it's at for coop. Permafreeze and nice damage boosts for the whole party.

*edit* And, still taking feedback about melee-build categorization. I'll probably throw 'em all up tomorrow.
Edited by AS00#1295 on 12/4/2012 11:49 AM PST
Reply Quote
LS Sever will proc CM, so a build can be catered. Use Frost Nova - Shatter to chain frost the whole screen, while healing and regenerating arcane from RIP.
The almost never used Wave of Force can be used to deal more damage for faster kill and just maximum of 9 kill from RIP, you can wave again.
I feel that this can be as fast as archron without requirement of high dps and ET is slower. Higher MP then SNS will still be the best.

Stormchaser works well with windforce. The proc rate of windforce is 40-50% in which almost every nado/B.nado will proc knockback on hit. Combine with Slow Time - Miasmas, no melee can touch you, and neither can the projectiles. Only those that are immune to knockback will be hard to handle, but everything else is easy. Just need more survival gear and a windforce, you're set.

I'm not forcing ppl to use the above builds, just thought since this is a compendium, shouldn't they be viable for archiving?
Reply Quote
LS Sever will proc CM, so a build can be catered. Use Frost Nova - Shatter to chain frost the whole screen, while healing and regenerating arcane from RIP.
The almost never used Wave of Force can be used to deal more damage for faster kill and just maximum of 9 kill from RIP, you can wave again.
I feel that this can be as fast as archron without requirement of high dps and ET is slower. Higher MP then SNS will still be the best.

Stormchaser works well with windforce. The proc rate of windforce is 40-50% in which almost every nado/B.nado will proc knockback on hit. Combine with Slow Time - Miasmas, no melee can touch you, and neither can the projectiles. Only those that are immune to knockback will be hard to handle, but everything else is easy. Just need more survival gear and a windforce, you're set.

I'm not forcing ppl to use the above builds, just thought since this is a compendium, shouldn't they be viable for archiving?

Huh. I've never heard of either of those tricks. Learn something every day! Do you know what the proc coefficient of Sever's finisher is? Also, why does it have to be LS? I mean, I know that lets you get the pseudo-LoK effect, but shouldn't it proc CM regardless of whether it gives you health back?

As for sticking them in the compendium, if you wanna write a guide for them, or show off how well they work in a video or something, then yeah I'll add them. I'd rather not have the OP too cluttered up with builds that have only been mentioned in one post, though; I'm mostly only including builds without full guides if they're so popular that the compendium would be blatantly incomplete without them (like I had SNS listed before I found a guide for it, and I still have Blizz/Hydra up).
Reply Quote

Huh. I've never heard of either of those tricks. Learn something every day! Do you know what the proc coefficient of Sever's finisher is? Also, why does it have to be LS? I mean, I know that lets you get the pseudo-LoK effect, but shouldn't it proc CM regardless of whether it gives you health back?

Right, I'll prepare a guide for them when I have time.

The RIP proc is actually a guaranteed x10 critical thus will activate CM regardless when kill.
The LS is important because it the only place to get LS in gear, and you don't want to restrict to use Blood magic. Since it's a critical, APOC will activate too, but the only remaining sources (no-pun intended) are off-hand and wizard hat.
More over, the higher the LS the battle to sustain the fight before you managed to kill.
Chaos nexus is great because of the 40% to sides constantly, rather than then 375% on kill from Volatility. The heal from RIP is already overkill.
One kill shave of one second, if that's what you're looking for.

I tested with Ray of frost (Black Ice) for the highest damage, so far Chaos nexus is the best.
I never use Archon due to the fact that I need to recast/ or work hard to keep up the chain.

The windforce/storm chaser is fun build, really fun, just that cannot kill as fast compared to other builds.
Reply Quote
Melee Wizard section added, builds added and credited.
Reply Quote
Added and credited Loroese's excellent (and not out-of-date) CM/WW guide.

*edit* Also added a plea for somebody to write a Hardcore Wizard guide in the HALP section of the OP. I really feel like it ought to be on there, but I still don't know enough to write it.
Edited by AS00#1295 on 12/8/2012 10:43 PM PST
Reply Quote
Hi AS00 I want to ask a favor to check my guide ... currently it is focused on MM Split, Wave of Force and have CM as support.. may need some feedback from the Wiz gods though I intend this also as an alternative fun build at lower MP levels

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7350275716
Edited by bokinator#1954 on 12/9/2012 8:45 PM PST
Reply Quote
CM Wiz good only for MP5+ and Ubers :) For solo wiz use Arcane Orb or Archon.
Reply Quote
Add me to compendium?

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7415792561#20
Reply Quote
Added and credited.
Reply Quote
I still don't have a guide linked for SNS, just a build and a description. Can you give me a link to your old "unofficial" guide? I wanna post originals as much as possible.

I start it here ironically from someone who re-introduces Storm Armor, I immediately introduce SnS and of course the horrible EHP I had back then I was stuck in A1 with it heh..good times:
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/6147285261#2

The several replies I do actually add up to an unofficial guide, I guess lol. I could care less for any actual credit of it so use it only if you want. It was largely ignored too. Even more confusing I'm such a noob I call Diamond Shards, crystal shell that attacks for 155% lol. I really hated the search function back then I guess :P
Edited by MasterJay#1651 on 12/22/2012 7:07 PM PST
Reply Quote
11/14/2012 01:18 PMPosted by Robochrist
Other Wizards don't fall comfortably into any of the categories above. They usually suck, which is why they're sitting here in this lamesauce "other" category at the end of the section. You should play them if you like to feel edgy and different, if being put into a category makes you feel claustrophobic, or if you're trying to convince Blizzard to stop nerfing CM (protip: it's not going to work).

I wish you could make them see that they suck :P

Depending on the school of thought you have for what sucks and/or what MP lvl you should be doing runs to effectively maximize your time, my build, as far as I can tell, doesn't fall into any of these categories, and it serves me perfectly well through MP4.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/wizard#egXQTj!Ygb!cZaYZa

Never set up a link before. I hope it works.

Drog
Reply Quote
Edited by Rock#1954 on 12/23/2012 11:00 PM PST
Reply Quote
http://qkme.me/3sbgx5

*edit* lol, I didn't mean you had to delete your post, Rock :P .
Edited by AS00#1295 on 12/31/2012 12:55 PM PST
Reply Quote
I went hunting for the Bargain Archon Guide in the links section and couldn't find it. Perhaps add this? http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/6794321074
Reply Quote
Huh, I actually had no idea that guide existed. Adding it.

*edit* Stever's Bargain Archon Guide added and credited.

I also removed Disintegrate/Archon from the build list, since the fact that you can use Disintegrate as your out-of-archon attack spell is already covered in the Sustained Archon guide, and it was really only there because I meant to write a guide on it, which I probably am never going to get to.
Edited by AS00#1295 on 12/31/2012 1:00 PM PST
Reply Quote
Someone needs to create an up to date gear guide for Archon and Cm/Ww. I'm surprised noone hasn't already.

I've seen plenty of partial guides around, but nothing thats really finallised. Maybe on the weekend I'll try put something together for a base.

Possibly listing 3 top BIS items for each slot. Or even whats available for that slot that wizards would be interested in and get the most EHP/DPS out of.
Reply Quote
I'm back and going to continue my work on the Hybrid Archon guide.
Edited by Schenko7#1939 on 1/3/2013 5:19 AM PST
Reply Quote
View profile
AS - I think this build has garnered enough attention/satisfaction to warrant entry.
You can call it "Prodigy Fueled Meteor Spam" but I prefer "Shaggalicious" after whom i got idea from
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7416266578?page=1
Edited by Aimless#1700 on 1/5/2013 10:39 AM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]