Diablo® III

[Guide] The Tempest Rush Compendium 1.0.8

Druin -

Thanks for this very comprehensive guide! I am intrigued to read the "Part 2" section, since I, like many people, am in no position to invest the amount necessary to meet the requirements outlined in the first section.

My currect get-up cost me 13 million gold, thanks to some AH sniping, and allows me to farm pretty quickly on MP1 and is MP5 viable. At this point I have my doubts that the TR build can be done for a similar price tag, plus it wouldn't be viable for high MP. Please prove me wrong! I would love to make a change from the norm!

Cheers,
-Tex
Reply Quote
Every body doing MP0?

MP1 monsters have 150% health, but you gain 10% more EXP. How much unbuff dps at TP rush it becomes effective to do TP rush in MP1?

I have 120k unbuff dps and i feel i can't kill the mid hp (blood clan type mobs, succubus, etc. ) mobs in 1 clean pass in mp1
Reply Quote
Help please. How do you filter Xephirian Amulet with spirit regeneration?

Edit: Same case with Stone of Jordan
Edited by vell#6256 on 12/3/2012 7:57 AM PST
Reply Quote
Help please. How do you filter Xephirian Amulet with spirit regeneration?

Edit: Same case with Stone of Jordan

Don't search for the item itself, search for armor - all, then set your filters so you'll only get SOJ's or Xeph's

for SOJ I filter for Spirit regen, and bonus to elites
For Xeph's i filter for spirit regen, magic find, gold find

On those I leave the fill in box for all but spirit regen blank
Reply Quote
Wow I was just reading through this and I ha no idea that Sweeping Wind "snapshots" the dps increase from Blinding Faith :O :O that's intense. Learned something new, thanks!
Reply Quote
Finally got it working! 16M down (of which 5M was just buying the wrong gear, shoulda waited for druin's cheap version post).

I think I broke my wrist. I have an inflammation running from my right hand where you rest your hand on the table, all the way to my elbow.

I've also got cramps in both my feet for doing 6 minute tiptoes while sitting (didn't know I could do that before).

Severe word of warning: Prepare ice packs for your wrist and a bucket of warm water to ease your cramps. Ditch caffeine and jack up on booze, cos you wanna start seeing things in slooooooow motion.

I would have recommended ample rest between runs, but since I've been there and done that, I know there is no way you're gonna stop. Besides rest is for pussies. You need to overclock your biological system, and give D3 servers a good run for their money.

Damn you druin.
Reply Quote
12/03/2012 08:09 AMPosted by Squishington
Wow I was just reading through this and I ha no idea that Sweeping Wind "snapshots" the dps increase from Blinding Faith :O :O that's intense. Learned something new, thanks!

So beside Blinding faith, which other skills can combine with Sweeping Wind ?
Reply Quote
Druin -

Thanks for this very comprehensive guide! I am intrigued to read the "Part 2" section, since I, like many people, am in no position to invest the amount necessary to meet the requirements outlined in the first section.

My currect get-up cost me 13 million gold, thanks to some AH sniping, and allows me to farm pretty quickly on MP1 and is MP5 viable. At this point I have my doubts that the TR build can be done for a similar price tag, plus it wouldn't be viable for high MP. Please prove me wrong! I would love to make a change from the norm!

Cheers,
-Tex

Just to share my experience in building my TR's monk...

i decided to build my TR's monk in budget way ard 2 weeks ago before this thread is up (based on the 1st Spirit Regen item purchased from my AH log).. combined with some items i found (low end Inna Chest and Belt), my TR's DPS turned out to be budget too (~75k dps/25k HP/200AR without OWE), i would said 75k dps is at the low side, is better to have it higher..
However, I only run this build (solo) in MP0 for EXP or Normal MP10 act 2 for leoric signet..

(my profile normally shows my usual setup for higher mp and group run)..

the key items are those with spirit regen and a 2h weapon, here are my purchases (recent 2-3weeks)..

1. Helm (inna's radiance): 135dex/50vit/2.08SR/6.0CC/OS = 1.6m (bid)
2. Xephirian Amulet: +24min dmg/39GF/40MF/2.02SR/OS = 1.5m (buyout)
3. SOJ: 6% cold dmg/2.23SR/elite bonus 22%/10% cripping wave dmg = 1.6m (bidd)
4. 2h weapon (1032 dps daibo/150dex/188% critdmg/6.0%LS/OS/1.10AS) = 420k (bid)

If you are patient enough with AH, you should be get cheaper things...
I am not expert in TR build, still trying to be more efficient with exp farming....

NOTE: If you buy only the min stats Druin listed for the following slots, you will be WAY underpowered compared to Druin's happy monk and you can NOT expect to get 80m xp/hr.

EDIT: just visited the AH, seems like price of some good Spirit Regen items (TR's build) is rising, thanks to this thread..
Edited by Edmericanpie#6445 on 12/3/2012 9:46 AM PST
Reply Quote
Finally got it working! 16M down (of which 5M was just buying the wrong gear, shoulda waited for druin's cheap version post).

I think I broke my wrist. I have an inflammation running from my right hand where you rest your hand on the table, all the way to my elbow.

I've also got cramps in both my feet for doing 6 minute tiptoes while sitting (didn't know I could do that before).

Severe word of warning: Prepare ice packs for your wrist and a bucket of warm water to ease your cramps. Ditch caffeine and jack up on booze, cos you wanna start seeing things in slooooooow motion.

I would have recommended ample rest between runs, but since I've been there and done that, I know there is no way you're gonna stop. Besides rest is for pussies. You need to overclock your biological system, and give D3 servers a good run for their money.

Damn you druin.

Although your writing style is a tad bit confusing, you are actually bringing up a REALLY good point.

Holding down Right Click is a rather large issue when you have to do it for hours strait.

I had this exact same problem where my wrist started hurting really bad despite having a very ergonomically acclimated setup.

The Solution:
A macro keyboard or a third party program macro recorder to simply make a button on your keyboard toggle right click on and off.

As long as you are holding down right click, you can interrupt it by clicking on a monster with left click and it will instantly resume when you are done attacking.

Note: I do not support botting or cheating in any way, however quality of life improvements such as not physically injuring myself during xp farming seem morally justifiable to me.
I also believe that, were it possible to allow quality of life macros only, blizz would do so. The only reason all third party software is banned is because policing it is too hard otherwise.
Reply Quote
Finally had the time to read through this whole thing. Can't wait to go tweak some items and try out cyclone.

Also, totally stoked I got a shout out! Thanks Druin =D

edit: about the right click thing ... I feel like a lot of times my TR gets interrupted because my finger slides off and then that kills my spirit. sadface
Edited by Piffle#1874 on 12/3/2012 9:39 AM PST
Reply Quote

Damn you druin.

Although your writing style is a tad bit confusing, you are actually bringing up a REALLY good point.

Holding down Right Click is a rather large issue when you have to do it for hours strait.

I had this exact same problem where my wrist started hurting really bad despite having a very ergonomically acclimated setup.

The Solution:
A macro keyboard or a third party program macro recorder to simply make a button on your keyboard toggle right click on and off.

As long as you are holding down right click, you can interrupt it by clicking on a monster with left click and it will instantly resume when you are done attacking.

Note: I do not support botting or cheating in any way, however quality of life improvements such as not physically injuring myself during xp farming seem morally justifiable to me.
I also believe that, were it possible to allow quality of life macros only, blizz would do so. The only reason all third party software is banned is because policing it is too hard otherwise.

Move your TR key to the keyboard ( I use #3). Much easier on the hand and you still control your directional movement with the mouse.
Reply Quote
Yeah I'm not sure why you wouldn't move your TR around. Whenever I get tired of TR on my mouse I switch it to my keyboard. I rarely TR for more than an hr or 2 anyways because it's dreadfully monotonous but if I were to TR for hrs on end I'd make sure to alternate between keyboard and mouse to give my hands a rest. I remember when I was maining DH and my wrist started hurting from kiting all day. I had to use a thing to tighten my wrist so I wouldn't feel the pain as much.
Reply Quote
Another thing I have noticed...
After running TR for -2 hours, then hopping on an alt for a change of pace...
Feels like I am literally low-crawling through the map through mud and rain...

That and I end up using multishot on my DH when I try and kite (subconsciously trying to TR away :P)
Reply Quote
12/03/2012 08:53 AMPosted by Vincent79

So beside Blinding faith, which other skills can combine with Sweeping Wind ?

I use Wave of Light with the Empowering rune. In addition I use combination strike for the 8% passive and BOH/BF for additional 15%. This guide is great but you cannot disregard the impact 1 shot kills make for xp bonuses. Dropping a bell on a 30 mob pack is awesome for an xp bonus.
Reply Quote

I use Wave of Light with the Empowering rune. In addition I use combination strike for the 8% passive and BOH/BF for additional 15%. This guide is great but you cannot disregard the impact 1 shot kills make for xp bonuses. Dropping a bell on a 30 mob pack is awesome for an xp bonus.

I never like hating on people's builds or gameplay, but do you have any data to back this claim up?

My largest "monsters killed in 1 hit" spree was in the 70 range and it gives xp in the thousands which doesn't even come CLOSE to effecting the overall xp/hr which is in the tens of millions.
Edited by Druin#1518 on 12/3/2012 1:00 PM PST
Reply Quote
View profile
Blinding Flash: Faith in the Light - Until they remove the ability for Seeping Winds to lock in Faith in the Light's buff, this will remain a required rune for anyone who is using Sweeping Winds. +30% damage per 1 attack speed for SW is just too good to pass up.

Wait.. SW keeps up the 30% dmg bonus?
Reply Quote

Wait.. SW keeps up the 30% dmg bonus?

yes! :D
Reply Quote

I never like hating on people's builds or gameplay, but do you have any data to back this claim up?

My largest "monsters killed in 1 hit" spree was in the 70 range and it gives xp in the thousands which doesn't even come CLOSE to effecting the overall xp/hr which is in the tens of millions.

Just run with me for a bit, it would be fun. You can critique my run and build. I am always open to ideas. Just watch and see my bell spam. It is funny as hell. Anyways, it is appreciated for the work and helpfulness you have provided for us.
Reply Quote
View profile
I believe I have like 12 spirit regen with my TR gear but my attack speed is at 1.4 with the Skorn. Do you think I should lose the IAS on my nats ring and go for another stat that aims for more DPS? I'm at 104k unbuffed with my TR gear and 35 crit chance+ 4% from my SOJ but the problem is if I get another nats ring without the IAS my current one also has 3.5 crit chance on it as well and to get another one with crit chance would be way too expensive IMO just to use for the TR build. My gloves also give me 9 ias should I lose that and find a pair with high dex, vita, all resist and 10% crit chance instead on the pair I have with ias?

Edit: I still haven't gotten a hellfire ring with a crit chance roll yet so I use an SOJ with 2 spirit regen and my other ring is the nats+boots combo so I get 10.5 crit chance from that.
Edited by MrNastyTime#1577 on 12/3/2012 2:17 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]