Diablo® III

Fiery Brimstone will cost 300k in 1.07

(Locked)

well i have over 200 who cares till they fix it
11/29/2012 02:16 AMPosted by MasterJay
When Blizzard finally says something about improving a particular aspect of the game, they go balls to the walls with it in this game, give them that credit and respect. When they say they're going to improve the desirability and functionality of an item like Brimstone, I'd put stock into that word.

PVP. Now go balls over the walls. The gamebox says the game has PVP.
Even now i get double loot which they supposedly fixed a few days ago
MF share still applies
....very long list here

more valuable != imba. 600k a brimstone ? what an earth would i craft from that ? with 600k i can already buy direct gear from Ah. No risk, i can see the stats..
Ok guy think about this , if the entire diablo community uses a lot more brimstones for crafting , more often then drops turn into brimstones from people salvaging crappy legendaries. that means that the supply avalible will go down over time. Wile the demand for them will shoot up..... low supply high demand =$$$$ making opportunity
All in all, it doesn't matter if the prices don't increase exponentially to 300k, even if they are just around 50k everyone will still have made some type of profit, big or small. There is a guarantee that the price for them will increase, that we can be sure of.
they've already released the "buffed" crafting recipes, only takes one brimstone for amulets only. It will take a bit to get the demonic essences in order to craft - so someone please explain how brimstones will "sky rocket" in value. I've invested before and made a ton, but now I don't think so.
11/28/2012 11:08 PMPosted by HachiKumo
It will drop rock bottom since every single one is stockpiling them, and after launch will be whole selling them in bulk

They will spike then go back down yes. Then people will run out of them. Since some people might be going threw 50 brims in a hour not to mention whats crafted in a day. So supply demand. After the stockpiles are depleted. They will go back up again way up. So just be ready to ride the waves. Remember a 1000 brims which a lot of players have will be gone in a week. Then what. They have to buy more to keep crafting or farm. Long picture of things is they will be expensive permanently.
May reach 75k for a few hours, then it will go back to 30k.
1 recipe uses 1 brimstone. value increase ? not seeing it. maybe a small spike top 45k and then back down to the 20s
View profile
I thought about selling mine soon after 1.07 but now that I think about it im going to save mine until the huge stockpiles currently saved are depleted and sell them when they are more scarce. You will definitely see new crafting recipes implemented before an expansion too so I don't see them becoming less valuable until an expansion (might still be valuable then too)
02/07/2013 06:03 PMPosted by WorldTears
they've already released the "buffed" crafting recipes, only takes one brimstone for amulets only. It will take a bit to get the demonic essences in order to craft - so someone please explain how brimstones will "sky rocket" in value. I've invested before and made a ton, but now I don't think so.
They havent release the full patch note yet, so there is still more. They need to keep some of the change secret to hyper the new patch so old players will get back to the game.

But seriously I don't think brimstone will be more than 100K. Oh ya Hellfire ring can now salvage to legendary crafting material. So I guess we can get more brimstone from Hellfire ring too.

"Hellfire Rings now salvage into Legendary crafting materials"

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/8414570/public-test-realm-patch-107-notes-updated-131-2-1-2013#monsters

Its under "Items".

I really hope that "Ask the Devs" is tomorrow cause then there is a big chance that the patch will be release next week :)
plenty of brimstone supplies from hellfire crafting

gl on speculating
I'm really interested to see how this pans out. "If" the amulets are crafted enough, it won't take long for the current stock of Brimstones to be burnt up.

So "If" this is true, prices will surely rise as supply and demand takes over.

Who find 5 Brims a day? Who wants to craft more than 5 Amulets a day?
I'm really interested to see how this pans out. "If" the amulets are crafted enough, it won't take long for the current stock of Brimstones to be burnt up.

lol you do realize brimstones have been accumulating for a VERY long time. won't take long ? it will take a very long time considering the demonic essences needed are not "easy" to get.
View profile

lol you do realize brimstones have been accumulating for a VERY long time. won't take long ? it will take a very long time considering the demonic essences needed are not "easy" to get.

yea I think it might be a slow process but will still slowly increase in value as the large stockpiles are depleted from the system
If they make crafting a 'socket' on any gear by replace on of the random affix once, for like 50 brimestones. Price of gems also will be restored.

Horrible idea... chances are a near godly weapon will turn into crap 6/7 tries... and how many weapons with 6 attributes + a 7th crap one does anyone have to even consider that. lol
I disagree. The player base was pretty large for a long time, a lot of brimstones have been stockpiling. for those to be depleted (keep in mind more will be found while farming demonic essences) it will take a huge player base to come back to d3, which is not very likely. I think the supply will outweigh the demand for a long time unless they add something else that requires x amount of brimstones...
View profile
02/07/2013 06:48 PMPosted by WorldTears
I disagree. The player base was pretty large for a long time, a lot of brimstones have been stockpiling. for those to be depleted (keep in mind more will be found while farming demonic essences) it will take a huge player base to come back to d3, which is not very likely. I think the supply will outweigh the demand for a long time unless they add something else that requires x amount of brimstones...

I don't think 1.07 is the time to sell them. I think 1.07 will be when they are depleted then another patch will add new recipes once blizzard sees how many brimstones have been removed
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]