Diablo® III

Really torn on gear, and broke.. advice?

So guys.. looking at my profile, what should my next investment be? I have roughly 2mil in gold now, and I HOPE that two recently found Legendaries will pan out for some real money. That aside, where should I spend that?

Better belt? Shop hard for Lacuni Prowlers? Better main hand weapon?

Again I realize if I had 10bill, I could upgrade everything and be so uber and while I have several high DPS wizard profiles saved as gear models, getting from here to THERE is rough. Not sure where to go next for best bang for the buck.

I am farming MP1 pretty regularly, and am getting better/faster with Archon runs, but need that next big bump up.
Reply Quote
I don't think you can do much with 2mil. just keep saving and when you get to around may be 20mil plus, then you can spend for better gear.
Reply Quote
-deleted-
Edited by Raichean#1218 on 11/27/2012 3:28 PM PST
Reply Quote
First off... Farm MP0. Keep doing that until you have 200K dps (thats 200K with glass cannon and NOT MW and Familiar), then farm MP2. Everyone should know that the time/advantage ratio between MP0 and MP1 is CRAP.

Secondly.... upgrade your gems. They are permanent, and are a relatively easy way to increase overall stats.

Third.... get a helm with a socket. Then put the BIGGEST ruby u can in it. Also, get a helfire ring. Paragon level is the single most important thing you should be worrying about right now. With a hellfire on you and your companion and a decent size ruby, you should get about 1/2 a level every MP0 Act III run.

Do these things and you should have at least a decent item to sell (net you about 20 mil) or you will have made 20M from collecting crap. Then worry about upgrading gear.
Reply Quote
Get a Tal Rasha's chest piece. I looked this morning and there were good ones under 1m gold. It will give you attack speed and 3 sockets.
Reply Quote
a better triumvirate will give you ALOT more dps, just go find a nice trium(mine cost ~2mil) on the AH then link it in your chat box and check ingame how much it boosts ur dps(will surpise you i think) go for a much higher average damage one than u got
Reply Quote
11/27/2012 01:41 PMPosted by EigenVector
Farm MP0. Keep doing that until you have 200K dps (thats 200K with glass cannon and NOT MW and Familiar), then farm MP2.

Does it makes sense to farm MP0 unless you are in Act IV? At least on MP1 there are Act IV drop rates in every act. At a min I would recommend farming MP1
Edited by Theoldred29#1333 on 11/27/2012 2:43 PM PST
Reply Quote
11/27/2012 02:35 PMPosted by Tom
a better triumvirate will give you ALOT more dps, just go find a nice trium(mine cost ~2mil) on the AH then link it in your chat box and check ingame how much it boosts ur dps(will surpise you i think) go for a much higher average damage one than u got

oh man.. I didnt know you could DO that!! Not being able to effectively eval items on the AH has been the bane of my existance when I blow couple of hundred k gold on something, and then not see my stats move, or be slightly less and so on.

So you can click link items from the AH just as you would from inventory? Probably use party chat or something similar to avoid spamming general?
Reply Quote
First off... Farm MP0. Keep doing that until you have 200K dps (thats 200K with glass cannon and NOT MW and Familiar), then farm MP2. Everyone should know that the time/advantage ratio between MP0 and MP1 is CRAP.

Secondly.... upgrade your gems. They are permanent, and are a relatively easy way to increase overall stats.

Third.... get a helm with a socket. Then put the BIGGEST ruby u can in it. Also, get a helfire ring. Paragon level is the single most important thing you should be worrying about right now. With a hellfire on you and your companion and a decent size ruby, you should get about 1/2 a level every MP0 Act III run.

Do these things and you should have at least a decent item to sell (net you about 20 mil) or you will have made 20M from collecting crap. Then worry about upgrading gear.

Just got key 3 and am working on the plans now so hopefully can get a hellfire ring eventually.

The ROI on gems seems really low? I blow 1 mill on a gem that boosts me like 6 int? That makes almost no sense if I can find gear that boosts me by 100? (in theory) What am I missing?
Reply Quote
11/27/2012 01:48 PMPosted by DudyCallz
Get a Tal Rasha's chest piece. I looked this morning and there were good ones under 1m gold. It will give you attack speed and 3 sockets.

Define good? Int obviously but anything else to keep the price reasonable?
Reply Quote
Oh man.. misclick from HELL last night. Bought better belt and Tal Rasha chest, bumped to 117k DPS buffed, yay!

Clicked on the TAl Rasha offhand, saw a GREAT one for 1.1mil, bid 1.3.. and then realized I clicked on the wrong one when I bid it. Someone bid up to 1,275,000 but didn't outbid me. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRGGGG!!!!! Welp, back down to like 200k gold with items up for sale.. sigh.
Reply Quote
- Diablo III (Wizard)
View profile
Yeah, gems can be a terrible ROI. Getting to a star gem is a pretty good place to be with your budget. Even a radiant square isn't bad. You can chase those extra points of INT or VIT later when you have the gold. It's probably worthwhile chasing for CD though, if you're putting the gem in a weapon.
Reply Quote
Profile hasn't updated yet to show new gear, but updated gems up one stage as well since that was 100-200k or or whatever it was. It was reasonable.

Thinking better weapon and off hand next, assuming any of the legendaries I have up SELL?! *sigh*
Reply Quote
Also I would consider swapping your hammer for a Chando's wand and even a Chando's force (without APOC to keep the price down) and that will give you a fair amount of dps increase.

Also are you going to stick to the spec you're running? or are you planning to change to a CMWM spec? I can tell you from experience that once you hit 100k + in dps, reflect mobs are just a big pain and kiting is not fun at times... I went from 180k dps glass cannon to 80k dps but with a CMWM built and I can tell you the diff is HUGE...so something to consider.

You can easily get a new chest - Tal Rajas' + 9AS, high int and 3 sockets
Blackthrorne's pants - two sockets, loh, int
Chandos' will - AS/fast weapon
Chandos's force - fast pairs up with the will for the +130 int

All of the above are quire affordable in my opinion, then you can start working on trifecta rings/jewlery/gloves... which are expensive and hard to come by unfortunately
Reply Quote
You can do a lot with 2m. Add me in game and hit me up. I'll help you shop upgrades. There are really good deals to be had out there.
Reply Quote
I really do like the ranged build of the archon. Call me old fashioned, but its like the old DAoC days, I prefered the ranged casters even if the PBoE folks just owned in certain situations.

Got a good Tal chest last night, upgraded the gems in all my gear one stage, bumped to a blackthorn belt all which helps.

I have a chando wand but need to sell it as it is well below my existing EF, but can look to change both primary and offhand. I have two legendaries plus that @#$@#$@# misclick last night I hope to sell back to get some cash back.

I will add you when I get home later tonight! Thanks!

(edit - profile is updated with the new gear!)
Edited by Raichean#1218 on 11/28/2012 2:25 PM PST
Reply Quote
What is the point of getting Archon higher, at 100k you can melt MP0/MP1 and if you are farming for gear archon in MP0 act 3 is supposed to be one of the best runs.

I feel like if you are archon there is no point in going crazy with gear because it will never be capable of high mp runs until blizzard changes the way it works.
Reply Quote
I thought around MP3 was that sweetspot for runs? I am running mp1 now fairly effectively, but could use a little more DPS.
Reply Quote
Plus also, seems like running at MP1 is a minimum, for the following reason from the notes:

In Inferno at Monster Power 1 or greater, monsters in every Act will also be bumped up to level 63 and share the same high-end item drop rates. This means that no matter which act you're progressing through, the monsters in that act will all have the same shot at dropping items level 61-63, including crafting recipes, Legendary items, and set items.
Reply Quote
Yeah, I've switched to running MP1. We'll see how it goes. Granted, this is in full MF gear, not my normal gear, so my plight isn't nearly as dire as I might make it sound.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]