Diablo® III

Really torn on gear, and broke.. advice?

Ok.. so advice round 2!

After a MASSIVE EF upgrade and some decent legendary drops sold on the AH, I find myself at 8.5mill and no CLUE of what to upgrade next!

I would love Lacunis.. but tens of millions.. Better offhand? The AH suckage got me again and I spent 1mil on one I thought would help to have it be worse.

Suggestions guys? I am just short of 160dps now and feel 200 is CLOSE!
Reply Quote
Well I had a bid up on a decent Trium that would bump me 11k DPS more, but with the servers down this morning, no clue if I got it. (I kinda doubt it)

Profile should be updated with new gear additions.

I feel like I am stuck at gear though.. the gloves were a random drop while farming and good luck and the new EF was an amazing upgrade. Feel like I am up against a wall now where big upgrades are tens if not hundreds of millions.

I Would LOVE to break 200k dps, and be able to farm mp2 or so or more. Granted, I would love to break 500k DPS and farm hella higher! *laugh* I have a 540k dps wizard profile saved I use as a gear model but each piece he wears is hundred of millions.
Reply Quote
You don't really need 200k dps to farm MP2. I farm MP3 with 167k and no death.

Where you can upgrade you wizard:
1- you need to get better EHP. you are only at 101k EHP which is REALLY low even for archon. Try to get more resist all and HP. Your armor value isn't bad so try to keep it there or improve while doing chances.

2- You could use more CC. Each point in CC will be a 2k dps increase for you.

3- you need another 12% movement speed to keep archon up longer. Lacunis are good for that and increased IAS. Of course if you go for CC and Int they will cost a ton. But you can find decent ones with Int for "cheap"

4-your Trium isn't bad but it could REALLY use better average damage. Look for a 6/6/5 with about 200 average damage and 8CC. Then filter them for Int/Vit value and get your the best deal / price

5- Try to get Zuni boots. They can add another 8% to poison damage along with nice Int and Vit values.

These are the things I'd work on. If you want to survive longer, get more EHP. You can do that when changing your Trium and boots since you can get really good Vit values in those 2 place without affecting your DPS. Once you have that fixed, work on the 12%MS (lacunis). You might have to take a small DPS lost there but you probably compensate with your OH/Boots change anyway.
Reply Quote
If you are looking at purely dps, you could get Inna's pants to ramp your attack speed up while gaining some crit. If you are looking for survivability increases you could work on sniping a blackthrone pants giving you LoH (even though its not great for Archon).
(edit): Inna's would also give you the movement speed for a placeholder at the expense of defense...this may not be a good route. I stay away from those pants because they are pure dps rather than moderation of both dps and defense.

Other things I could see immediately would be looking for a weapon with life steal and a socket to replace your echoing fury. Though your echoing fury is great, one of the biggest survivability pieces of Archon is life steal on weapon. If you get a good crit hit damage gem, you wont miss the amount on your echoing fury and it could decrease the cost if you are only looking for socket, life steal, and int/vit.

If you don't get the trium that you bid on before servers went down, send me a friend request in game. I have one which has decent top end and stats on it that I haven't been able to sell in a while. I wouldn't mind giving it a way at this point. It's a lot better than the one on your profile currently.
Edited by Fondeezy#1506 on 12/4/2012 9:19 AM PST
Reply Quote
If you are looking at purely dps, you could get Inna's pants to ramp your attack speed up while gaining some crit. If you are looking for survivability increases you could work on sniping a blackthrone pants giving you LoH (even though its not great for Archon).
(edit): Inna's would also give you the movement speed for a placeholder at the expense of defense...this may not be a good route. I stay away from those pants because they are pure dps rather than moderation of both dps and defense.

Other things I could see immediately would be looking for a weapon with life steal and a socket to replace your echoing fury. Though your echoing fury is great, one of the biggest survivability pieces of Archon is life steal on weapon. If you get a good crit hit damage gem, you wont miss the amount on your echoing fury and it could decrease the cost if you are only looking for socket, life steal, and int/vit.

If you don't get the trium that you bid on before servers went down, send me a friend request in game. I have one which has decent top end and stats on it that I haven't been able to sell in a while. I wouldn't mind giving it a way at this point. It's a lot better than the one on your profile currently.

Thank you SO much! I would happy take you up on that, but won't be back on until 5ish PST this afternoon. Really appreciate all of the advice and trium!
Reply Quote
You don't really need 200k dps to farm MP2. I farm MP3 with 167k and no death.

Where you can upgrade you wizard:
1- you need to get better EHP. you are only at 101k EHP which is REALLY low even for archon. Try to get more resist all and HP. Your armor value isn't bad so try to keep it there or improve while doing chances.

2- You could use more CC. Each point in CC will be a 2k dps increase for you.

3- you need another 12% movement speed to keep archon up longer. Lacunis are good for that and increased IAS. Of course if you go for CC and Int they will cost a ton. But you can find decent ones with Int for "cheap"

4-your Trium isn't bad but it could REALLY use better average damage. Look for a 6/6/5 with about 200 average damage and 8CC. Then filter them for Int/Vit value and get your the best deal / price

5- Try to get Zuni boots. They can add another 8% to poison damage along with nice Int and Vit values.

These are the things I'd work on. If you want to survive longer, get more EHP. You can do that when changing your Trium and boots since you can get really good Vit values in those 2 place without affecting your DPS. Once you have that fixed, work on the 12%MS (lacunis). You might have to take a small DPS lost there but you probably compensate with your OH/Boots change anyway.

Fantastic advice thank you! I will be looking all of this over for sure and look to tweak a LOT!
Reply Quote
So.. I have roughly 8.6ish mill.. look to blow it all on one item? Pants or boots maybe? Look to really up their stats a LOT? Figure invest deeply in an closer to end game item and then rebuild my money?
Reply Quote
Your best bet for DPS and EHP upgrade would be either the boots or the Off-hand. Since you have a chance at getting a better Trium, i'd go for the Boots. Also, getting Zuni opens up the possibility of using the ring or chest for the 130int bonus. Zuni chest aren't "too" expensive either.

Your pants are good already and provide you with much needed EHP with that AR. You could always upgrade your gems in your chest and pants if you have money left. That would help your DPS.
Reply Quote
Awesome.. ok, I will powershop for Zuni boots as soon as I get play time again, and MASSIVE thanks to Fondeezy for the Trium (when we get a chance)
Reply Quote
Just a thought.. for the Zuni Boots, what characteristics should I look for?

Int for sure
Vitality
resists.. anything else?
Reply Quote
Put in a bid this morning on a pair of Zuni boots, 180 something int, 60 something vit and like 30 in resists.. lets hope. 8)

Friend invite is off as well
Reply Quote
Sorry I hadn't seen your previous message but it seems you found decent boots. Hopefully you'll win them.

Seem those stats would give you about 7k-8k DPS increase and 2.4k HP which is very good ;)
Reply Quote
Sorry I hadn't seen your previous message but it seems you found decent boots. Hopefully you'll win them.

Seem those stats would give you about 7k-8k DPS increase and 2.4k HP which is very good ;)

I bid roughly 2.5mil I think on the boots, so will see how that turns out.. DANG IT I can't hit D3 from work or I would know if the bid made it or not by now. 8)

The good news will be is that with a few small AH sales overnight, I broke 9mil in gold, so would have a good stockpile left even with the boots (assuming I get them).

Pure blind luck, I played for about 15min this morning and got a couple of rare drops.. the kicker? a tripe score.. attack speed, CC, CD gloves! I put them up on the AH for 1mil to start. 8) Who knows I may be upgrading again shortly!
Reply Quote
lol at this rate your DPS is gonna be higher than mine soon.
Reply Quote
12/05/2012 08:50 AMPosted by Azliet
lol at this rate your DPS is gonna be higher than mine soon.

Actually I really should have done a price check on the gloves before I put them up.. purely from memory, but they were something like 8 IAS, 3.5 CC and 20 something CD.. probably worth a LOT more than 1mil, but there was no buyout either.

Assuming no bids, I could always cancel and repost when I get home after work.

And thanks.. I am starting to see MP1 as almost too easy and ready to bump up to 2 or 3. I would love to break the 200k dps mark first though.

Assuming the boots work out, maybe work for a Zuni pox next? Figure that would replace one of the two rings I have on now.
Reply Quote
if you can get a CC roll on a Zuni pox, it would be great for either of your rings. However, they are expensive and you could probably work on something else first like movement speed.
Reply Quote
11/28/2012 02:24 PMPosted by Raichean
DAoC

DAoC rocked! Where did you play?
Reply Quote
12/05/2012 09:05 AMPosted by Zapados
DAoC

DAoC rocked! Where did you play?

I was a Firby Hybernian.. long enough ago I don't remember what server though. My guild still plays and has chapters across almost all major MMOs. 8)
Reply Quote
12/05/2012 08:59 AMPosted by Azliet
if you can get a CC roll on a Zuni pox, it would be great for either of your rings. However, they are expensive and you could probably work on something else first like movement speed.

Sounds like a Lacuni next then? Usual stat burst, Int, Vit, CC or CD if I can get it?
Reply Quote
You won't get CD on lacuni but you can get CC.

Int Vit CC would be the best. Maybe Resist all but I wouldn't force it.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]