Diablo® III

Armor Spell-Ubers

When you guys are doing uber runs on MP5 + which EA rune are you all using? I would think either pinpoint, force, or Pris.
Just curious what others have found most effective. Also, any particular spells effective against them? I generally replace Archon with either hydra or magic w for added damage.

Thx
Reply Quote
Force armor wins for defence.

Shocking Aspect for dps.
Edited by Aphraell#1269 on 12/4/2012 7:16 AM PST
Reply Quote
I don't use Energy Armor at all.

I run with Storm Armor - Shocking Aspect regardless of MP level. If I need more defense, I switch out my Diamond Skin rune from Shards to Crystal Shell.
Reply Quote
I use pinpoint, as it offers the best bang for the buck in both offense and defense combined. You may want to try to work in arcane dynamo to your passives. Perhaps AD + prodigy instead of cm + astral presence.

(Do you guys even look at the spec before you start offering up cm/ww advice?)
Edited by Shelendil#1520 on 12/4/2012 7:25 AM PST
Reply Quote
Pinpoint for dps
Prismatic for defense

I can't really see a use for force armor since the most deadly things seem to tick rather than hit all at once (sentry beams, falling rocks, swarms, gas)
Reply Quote
Pinpoint for dps
Prismatic for defense

has anyone been using ice armor ? really haven't tried it out. would it help with frost nova or would it just be redundant and useless?
Edited by pichapiegal on 12/4/2012 7:28 AM PST
Reply Quote
Might be my personal bias, but if Force Armor is what it takes to get through SK/Mag, then that's the way you need to go.

If you're going to survive those couple major attacks without Force, PPB is the way to roll.

If anyone cared to look at the OPs spec, there's no benefit AT ALL to shocking aspect. You could argue Thunderstorm (and it might not be a bad idea, depending on kiting skills), but SA is worthless.

I'd recommend against Hydra, btw, since it's bad in the ZK/SB fight.
Reply Quote
12/04/2012 07:21 AMPosted by Shelendil

He asked for Uber armor spells.

Force Armor is hands down the best defensive armor for Ubers. With Shocking Aspect being the most DPS.

Pinpoint is a cross by increasing dps with 5% crit and increasing defence by raising Armor.
Reply Quote
12/04/2012 07:31 AMPosted by Aphraell

He asked for Uber armor spells.

Force Armor is hands down the best defensive armor for Ubers. With Shocking Aspect being the most DPS.

Pinpoint is a cross by increasing dps with 5% crit and increasing defence by raising Armor.

He is using FL, meteor and hydra, sa doesnt do much with those skills.
Reply Quote
I go prismatic for MP8 (when I go CM/WW)

Haven't tried MP9/MP10, but I would consider switching to force armor.
Reply Quote
Pinpoint for me, shocking sometimes depending on group composition.
Reply Quote
Pinpoint is for elite wizards only. If you are not elite, then use something else. Use of pinpoint can easily result in death often, if you don't know what you are doing.

As an elite wizard, I certify this message.
Reply Quote
My profile is a little off because I don't normally run hydra or EA- for farming and key runs I use SA- shocking aspect and usually use archon. I do change it up for added defense when doing ubers though..I will dump hydra and maybe add DS for extra defense
Reply Quote
Pinpoint for sure. Highest MP ubers I've done is 7, and with Pinpoint I still can stay alive and not die once for either fight, comfortably. I can't get one shotted.

I'll use Prismatic for sure for 8 and up.
Reply Quote
@Shelendil. Maybe I'll give arcane dynamo a shot, but I was thinking of giving unstable anomaly a shot too..could come in handy.

@Mays, I found out just how bad Hydra is against the beast/ kulle last night. Guess its either DS MW, MI or maybe I stick with archon.
Reply Quote
Just curious what others have found most effective.

He didn't ask for spec related advice, I took it as a general "what works for you". So no, I didn't bother to look at his spec as it didn't relate to the question. If he asked for advice on his spec and what he should try using, that would be different.
Reply Quote
12/04/2012 07:29 AMPosted by Maysrill
to get through SK/Mag

I use Force because of that. It may not be good for you since you have high life but low armor
I tried pinpoint before, it works fine for other ubers, but even with 6000+armor, 600 AR, SK's spin attack can still take more than 20k life from me.

You don't have to worry about dps if you do in groups (not while carrying people), your teammates will appreciate more if you stay alive and freeze.
If we can change armor during ubers, I would certainly choose this:
Pris: Ghom/Rak
Force: SK/Magda
Pinpoint or storm: ZK/Siege
Reply Quote
I don't use Energy Armor at all.

I run with Storm Armor - Shocking Aspect regardless of MP level. If I need more defense, I switch out my Diamond Skin rune from Shards to Crystal Shell.

Apparently, I do use Energy Armor with the Force rune. I'm a little tipsy tonight and was running MP10 Ubers with some friends, so I added it in for extra protection.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]