Diablo® III

Minority club (Archon)

To add from Akasha : And the best scoundrel's weapon is Buriza :)
Reply Quote
12/04/2012 07:34 AMPosted by Charlatan
I've always been a Cm Mage, way before the current fad and I have always thought it was tough to play an archon Mage well. I tried it but geez my timing and coordination was horrible. Part of it is playing style I guess. But it's a beauty teaming with an archon Mage in ubers. Played with samll a number of times and his freezes are pretty darned decent by itself. But when I got a good lock and he goes into archon, the dps just rocks. With arcane dynamo on top of glass cannon, the life on the uber just melts away. Hell, I could just concentrate on freezing, forget my dps already =P

Thornwind is prolly one of the best geared cm wiz I have seen xD And the guys you get for mp10 ubers team run always... always have godly gear. I just felt I got carried, lol.
Reply Quote
I don't know what it is about scoundrel, I don't like using him although I fixed him up. I equipped all my followers anyway.

Although enchantress doesn't do multishot anything, I got her a cold amulet for laughs, and she does chill for me. That and the fear proc on her Echoing Fury help keep stupid stragglers off me when I'm floating furiously through areas. :) I use her push for Keep 2, and I laugh every time she sends a fallen maniac flying backwards.
Reply Quote
Just thought I'd throw in my 2 cents here... cuz I love me some Archon goodness. :)

My characters name, after all, is ExoArchon. *flex*

So my journey began on May 15th... ExoArchon was born... Got myself all the way to Act 2 inferno, belial fight, and hit a huge brick wall. Back in the day I was using hydra/bliz kiting with piercing orb. Ah the good ol days of twitch kiting.... wait no they weren't good days at all.

Then came the glorious 1.0.3 which nerfed content enough to allow me to FINALLY GET PAST BELIAL. Got past belial, and made it to act 3 to start really farming on the lvl 63 monster goodness that was pre-monster power. Realizing that 35k dps was a bare minimum, went back to a2 farming vault of the assasin with bliz/hydra kiting. Back in the day archon gear was too expensive and even finding a life steal weapon was difficult.

I think right around 1.0.4 I was able to finally beat inferno diablo with a buddy on my wiz. I was amazed how much easier the game had become, giving me the ability to start farming act 3 with my current gear around 50k dps.

Then the glorious 1.0.5 came out, and it all got easier. Legendaries left and right on my journey to paragon 33. Ended up switching to archon once I hit 70k dps and haven't looked back.

Doubled my DPS since then, and made a barb who can handle mp8 uber tanking for rings. Farmed a !@#$ ton of rings up with my barb and got him to 45 or so paragon. Feeling the urge for mass monster destruction, I picked back up my archon wiz. Started barrelling down act 3 mp1 with my new found gear from my barb farming on my wiz, who was at 85k dps unbuffed.

Up to lvl 49 paragon on my wizard now and I'm really digging having 145k dps buffed. I am looking forward to breaking 200k dps and I'm only playing my barb for ubers and key runs.

I just love being a purple ball of death, and nothing beats that satisfaction of lasering down mobs and keeping up archon 100% of the time.

I think I'm going to be leveling up my wizard for the forseeable future, as my uber run hopes have really gone down lately. After doing 6-7 mp6, 7, 8 runs and not getting 1 of the three organs even once, I'm done with ubers for now.

It is now archon time.
Reply Quote
Good thread boys. Nice to see some archon love. Kinda has feel like we were the dirty second cousin to the almighty CM/WW.

But its hard to argue with a better price and more efficiency.

Just popped my 300k unbuffed cherry so I dont think ill be doing any upgrading for a while.

@whole bit about glass vs coldblooded with a buriza, been doing some testing and seems it only trumps glass in higher mp key runs, acts with heavy elites densities (act2), or if you arent quite making butter with your AR and those phase beasts are kicking your !@#.

Might be because the scoundrel often turns around to attack that one scorpion instead of the elite pack but im not quite sold yet. Must have for ubers though when your running with a cm. 10% more resist and 5% more dps? Please and thank you.

Oh and I forgot.

@ the whole annoying buff timer stupid galvanizing ward. Wouldnt it be much simpliar to just allow kills in archon to also extend buffs by 1 second. Got a game breaker, not OP, just means that you dont randomly have to cancel archon the reset then turn around the corner into a dead end and have to refresh the lot. I dont think keeping archon up should be penalized by you losing buff when your already using a passive that increases length.
Edited by Stever#6328 on 12/4/2012 2:57 PM PST
Reply Quote
@Stever : you can always substitute CM with cold blooded if you are perma-archon bro :D that's 20% more dmg vs Elites :3 And I think it's the best run to subs.
Reply Quote
I took a break since 1.0.4 and started playing a little bit lately, but I'm more focused on hardcore at the moment. Been using archon since 1.0.3, kind of crazy how much better gear has gotten.
Reply Quote
bump for great justice ...
Reply Quote
Archons fo lyfe ._.
Reply Quote
I'm tired of my dh and wondering of I can make an Achron wiz with a 30m budget?
Reply Quote
Yes, sure walla

For anyone who hasn't try buriza on scoundrel with coldblooded + GC on. It's just SO OP, now I can farm mp 6 with 370k DPS scramble. Try it !
Reply Quote
Nice!

Though how do you calculate your Archon DPS? When I go into archon my damage does not change, looking at that chart some of the damage suggestions are not possible yet (800k+)

Or is it based on your base damage? (I do 88k base)
Reply Quote
I'm tired of my dh and wondering of I can make an Achron wiz with a 30m budget?

Those streamers who post on reddit did it for less than 15m. I didn't watch the stream, but the recorded video is there, plus the docs if you need them.

http://www.reddit.com/r/Diablo/comments/149sfc/educational_monday_budget_wiz_20_results_and_vods/
Reply Quote
Nice!

Though how do you calculate your Archon DPS? When I go into archon my damage does not change, looking at that chart some of the damage suggestions are not possible yet (800k+)

Or is it based on your base damage? (I do 88k base)

Yes, it's your base damage...
Reply Quote
I like the electro-orb build. do mp 3 pretty easily. Everything to boost dps, with diamond skin/ galavating wind for reflect, blur for those annoying teleporting mage killers
Reply Quote
Good thread boys. Nice to see some archon love. Kinda has feel like we were the dirty second cousin to the almighty CM/WW.

Just popped my 300k unbuffed cherry so I dont think ill be doing any upgrading for a while.

@whole bit about glass vs coldblooded with a buriza, been doing some testing and seems it only trumps glass in higher mp key runs, acts with heavy elites densities (act2), or if you arent quite making butter with your AR and those phase beasts are kicking your !@#.

Might be because the scoundrel often turns around to attack that one scorpion instead of the elite pack but im not quite sold yet. Must have for ubers though when your running with a cm. 10% more resist and 5% more dps? Please and thank you.

Oh and I forgot.

@ the whole annoying buff timer stupid galvanizing ward. Wouldnt it be much simpliar to just allow kills in archon to also extend buffs by 1 second. Got a game breaker, not OP, just means that you dont randomly have to cancel archon the reset then turn around the corner into a dead end and have to refresh the lot. I dont think keeping archon up should be penalized by you losing buff when your already using a passive that increases length.

Better price? Come now Steve. 1.0.3 is long past us. Archon is the budget nowadays. I built a 265K archon from 110K cm just by adding a cheap skorn and one of my hellfires. You even made a fantastic thread about budget archon. CM these days needs crazy stats which is crazy money.

That said one could build a MP10 capable CM for 100m - he wouldnt do any DPS and die if a paper air plane hit him but once he got em locked he wouldnt die much.
Edited by Aimless#1700 on 12/5/2012 5:08 PM PST
Reply Quote
bumpy dump bump
Reply Quote

Oh and I forgot.

Better price? Come now Steve. 1.0.3 is long past us. Archon is the budget nowadays. I built a 265K archon from 110K cm just by adding a cheap skorn and one of my hellfires. You even made a fantastic thread about budget archon. CM these days needs crazy stats which is crazy money.

That said one could build a MP10 capable CM for 100m - he wouldnt do any DPS and die if a paper air plane hit him but once he got em locked he wouldnt die much.

Archon is budget if you are only building it for low mps, but then again you can build any spec (includes cm/ww) to faceroll low mps these days cos mid tier gear is so cheap now.

There is really not that much of a difference between cm and archon, everyone wants trifecta, res and armor in all their slots if they can afford it. The biggest diff between them probably lies in the MH and OH, and both can be really expensive if you want to talk about epic rare weapons.
Reply Quote
Glad to see this thread is still coming along nicely.

It'd be nice if Archon granted some form of CC bonus. Maybe not total immunity, but like a 50% reduction to it.
Reply Quote
archon needs to be revamped completely. make it like barbarians' wrath :D
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]