Diablo® III

Seriously.....

12/05/2012 10:08 PMPosted by shine
It's really about putting in the time until something drops that allows you to buy better gear.

You dont count cause you luckboxed that xbow :P
Reply Quote
View profile
Lucky, "market corrections" or RMAH. I've flipped couple things but not my thing. If im looking for something for my toon and stumble across a value I'll buy it and try and turn a profit but scouring feels like work. I work enough don't need my game to be work too. It's not like u need any of this stuff to dominate the game.
Reply Quote
12/05/2012 10:36 PMPosted by Aimless
Lucky, "market corrections" or RMAH. I've flipped couple things but not my thing. If im looking for something for my toon and stumble across a value I'll buy it and try and turn a profit but scouring feels like work. I work enough don't need my game to be work too. It's not like u need any of this stuff to dominate the game.

But we all want it to dominate the game.
Reply Quote
The best way to aquire gear is to register a credit card with blizzard for use in the RMAH.
Reply Quote
Dunno.. i have only find 2 items worth 20m.. a BT Surcoat with high armor but STR (so cheaper than others) and a Zuni Marrow with high armor and 120 int & vit.. but the Zuni i haven't sell it.. so.. i'm still in the "poor club" and i'm staying there since i start to play HC and i enjoy D3 again xD.. being poor it's not that bad..
Reply Quote
I have never been lucky enough to get any of the big drops I have had maybe 3 items worth about 10m so I know what you are going though.

I do mp1 runs clear most of the act in about 45 min or so and I make atleast 200k from all the vendor loot and I pick up all the gems and sell them after I get about a stack.

Not the fastest gold but it keeps moving up
Reply Quote
Once you've invested enough time your capital doesn't diminish much.

As you replace an old piece with a new 500m piece, that old one resells for 300m+, so instead of being out the full 500m, you're only out 200m.

Over time with constant playing your net worth in terms of gold and gear almost never stops climbing allowing you to constantly buy incrimentally higher priced goods.

It kinda happens fast too, once you reach a certain point the amount your gear resells for just snowballs.
Reply Quote
Only hard part is selling item before replacing. So hard to stop playing without optimal gear.
Reply Quote
I have had 2 drops worth 50 million each and one drop worth 10.

I have 60 million just sitting in account right now, but I am too afraid to spend it because the market is crap. You buy an upgrade now and a week it will be half it's price, if not much less.

And the player population isn't getting any better either.
Reply Quote
View profile
OP, with as many elite kills as you have you should have found a few high priced items by now. I think maybe your playstyle needs to get changed up a bit. I took my barb from paragon 0 to paragon 57 farming mp 7 and 8 for gear. I did not bother with exp or he would have a higher paragon level. Before I quit playing him, he was running with a little over 500mf from gear/paragon and mp levels. I found many decent items. Some of which included 3 pairs of lacunis with between 5 and 6% CC, a strength mempo with 4% CC, a rare spear that sold for 70m, an ik helm worth 85m, A monk fist weapon that sold for 55m, a few rings and amulets that sold for anywhere from 10-40m......just to name what I can think of off the top of my head.

As mentioned by others, the AH flipping game can be profitable but it takes a lot of luck. I bought an echoing fury for 300m and a skorn for 118m and resold the EF for 550m and the skorn for 260m. The EF was a BIN price with 1 day and 12 hours left on the auction and the skorn was during maintenance downtime. I guess some people still don't realize auctions keep going whether the server is up or not.

Anyway, I rolled a wiz about 6 weeks ago and she is currently up to paragon 46. The best item that I have found in the last 46 paragon levels with her was a pair of 35m iceclimbers. The reason for that is I have been farming mp 2 with less than 300mf.

I am guessing you probably have not played a lot since 1.0.5 was released based on your paragon 54 level which is probably another reason why you have not found much worth bragging about. Try higher mp farming with as much mf as you can get. I found that with less than 400mf, good items drops were few and far between.
Edited by KillerElite#1853 on 12/6/2012 8:24 AM PST
Reply Quote
I have had 2 drops worth 50 million each and one drop worth 10.

I have 60 million just sitting in account right now, but I am too afraid to spend it because the market is crap. You buy an upgrade now and a week it will be half it's price, if not much less.

And the player population isn't getting any better either.

To your last point, I expect a small surge post-christmas, as D3 gets given as a gift.

As for my own cashflow? I play a reasonable amount, and here and there acquire a decent drop either for my own use or for AH fodder. I've been on a VERY bad run of late (nothing worth over about 2-3m in weeks), but generally I get a few 1-10m items a day, with occasional 20m+ ones.
Edited by Maysrill#1190 on 12/6/2012 10:28 AM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]