Diablo® III

I need a new amulet

View profile
The blackthornes that you see in my profile is not cutting it any more. I think I can do better with something like:

IAS (6 minimum)
CC (8 minimum)
CD (50 minimum)
LOH (400 minimum)
Vit (hopefully 100)

Bonus stat would be INT, armor, AR.

I still have some gold left over from the sale of my barbs gear so budget could be anywhere from 300-500m.

BTW, I missed out on an amulet last night with:

6% IAS
8.5CC
52% CD
108 INT
98 VIT
OS

I wasn't fast enough in the last 10 seconds of the auction and it sold for 290m. Based on that I know I can get something in my price range. Made me sad since it would have added 14k dps and 700 HP not including the socket and I could still maintain 3.01 aps.

If you have any comments or, perhaps, an amulet to offer please post it here.

Thanks
Reply Quote
How necessary is the IAS on that?
Reply Quote
Check out my profile and the one im using. I use mine as it fits with my cm/ww playstyle. Life, armor, cc, aps, LOH. Would crit damage be nice, yes, but i have to lose something.

I am at a point now where I am nickle and diming every upgrade. Getting over 5k armor and 600+ AR and keeping my aps over 3 and my cc over 55% has been tough. I still need a new chest with 100+ vit and 300+armor and a mempo with 9% aps and more crit.

Personally if you want to do mp10 its all about the defense. Going with a amulet that does not have armor and being that you are at 4500 you may want to consider getting another blackthornes with 250+armor.
Reply Quote
View profile

Personally if you want to do mp10 its all about the defense.

This is so true (solo). While 4500 armor 750 ar is good its not good enough to stand in electrify/molten/sentry reflects and spam. ~5200 800 you take CM to a new level IME. One time i lost 200 armor off 5200 and felt it my loh was no longer sufficient for jump in the middle of pack spam.

Thats not to say GC CM is not viable, it is perfectly viable if you have help (warcry FTW) and position/layoff EB and other tricks when you run into certain affix but thats not how i like to play.

Function, mitigation and sustain is the key to CM.. We are not archons that have to kill them b4 they reach us, come to us please you'll die eventually, so DPS is just time, as such, a luxury after first three are handled.
Edited by Aimless#1700 on 12/5/2012 6:59 AM PST
Reply Quote
12/05/2012 06:53 AMPosted by Aimless
One time i lost 200 armor

...at band camp.
Reply Quote
I'm not sure if this suggestion is what you are looking for, but I think if DPS is what you chase, you may do the following

1. Change to a 1.79 aps wand (so you need only 68.x% IAS to get to 3.01)
2. That's achievable with the existing set that you have except you don't need the speed from pants and amulet, and still have 69% IAS
3. You replace your inna with a great depth digger (you gain big DPS and better EHP through higher VIT and armor as well)
4. you replace your amulet iwth something that doesn't have a IAS, but have great offensive arsenal, similar to what I have

The overall process (minus selling the gears) will be much better for you in terms of DPS, defense and gold in your pockets
Reply Quote

Personally if you want to do mp10 its all about the defense.

This is so true (solo). While 4500 armor 750 ar is good its not good enough to stand in electrify/molten/sentry reflects and spam. ~5200 800 you take CM to a new level IME. One time i lost 200 armor off 5200 and felt it my loh was no longer sufficient for jump in the middle of pack spam.

Thats not to say GC CM is not viable, it is perfectly viable if you have help (warcry FTW) and position/layoff EB and other tricks when you run into certain affix but thats not how i like to play.

Function, mitigation and sustain is the key to CM.. We are not archons that have to kill them b4 they reach us, come to us please you'll die eventually, so DPS is just time, as such, a luxury after first three are handled.

Yeah imo unless you are too demanding, about 170k DPS is alright for MP 10. I spend the rest of Gold finding a way to upgrade my EHP. Just improved my AR to 858, and I have 5.4k Armor, 36.5k Life if I use 1 Amethyst (I know). What's the difference? I can stand frozen between 3 Phasebeasts, Twisters on them while they spit Electric, eat a few swings and survive. Nearly wet myself when I saw that epic scene on MP 10 lol.
Reply Quote
View profile
Thanks for the great suggestions! The point of this thread was more to try to find a good amulet for sale but I couldn't post a WTB thread or it would be deleted right away. Have you noticed since yesterday the lack of WTS and WTB threads.

Anyway, with my current gear, I can run sns in mp 10 with no problems. I teleport in with safe passage and just spam freeze. I can totally lock down any elite pack to the point where there are no affix spells so more damage mitigation would be nice but not really needed at this point. With my current gear I can also absorb all of magdha's butterflies on mp 9 and even live through a single arcane laser. Anything I can't handle is easily avoided with teleport and the 30% damage reduction will let me survive magdha's butterflies + arcane.

I specifically need an amulet with 6% IAS to keep 3.01 APS, at least 8% CC to maintain my current level, minimum 400 LOH so that I have 600 total with my ring, at least 100 vit is nescessary to maintain 32k hp after losing the 13% from blackthornes. The reason for the upgrade is to get some CD. With my current stats on my amulet adding 50% CD will give almost 15k dps. I am thinking about bidding on an amulet with 8 IAS, 79 CD, 142 INT, 400 LOH, 7.5 % CC. Losing 1 % CC and gaining 79% CD as well as another 30ish INT will result in net gain of 38k dps mostly due to the CD.

There are two problems with that amulet....one is that I will lose 2800 vit and the second is that the start bid is 500m. I think the price is a bit high but I could use it for a 34k dps gain and replace one of my topaz's in my chest with an amethyst and get my vit back.

AT this point adding 100 INT will only add 4.2k dps but 50CD will add 15k dps. I would need t to find an amulet with over 300 INT to = the dps gain of only 50 CD.
Reply Quote
View profile
Just realized after reading this again that if 30 ish int and 79 cd adds 37k dps 50k probably adds closer to 20 k unless it was 97 cd and I am just retarded.
Reply Quote
View profile
I have 600 total with my ring

ur in for a big surprise if thats all you get while adding 40K dps.
Reply Quote
View profile
I have been running with only 559 for the last two days and doing mp 9 ubers. I think you have over estimated the need for loh. Even with only 559 loh, your health instantly fills when the target is surrounded by twisters. Besides, you need to take Lots of damage before you need lots of loh to counteract it. The ability to keep monsters frozen for extended periods without a stutter has drastically increased my survivability. If I was running with 50% CC or less at 2.74 then you are right and I would be in trouble. And I have experienced that during my upgrades. Just this morning, I totally carried two barbs through mp 9 Magdha and skeleton king. They both died when she was at half health and cast summons and I had to kill her solo. What got me thinking about more dps was that I barely killed her before she enraged. I am not worried about surviving just killing faster.
Reply Quote
View profile
I can tell you one problem with low loh and low damage mitigation is during mp10 azmodan. The giant fireball takes me to 50% health and I can handle handle standing in one pool of dark matter but as soon as the pools start stacking I start running in to trouble. Even with 900 loh it is very dicey and death is a possibility. If I switch to crystal shell, my health will not move much but my effective dps against him goes from 1070k down to 875k.
Reply Quote
View profile
^ like i said about 3 when in that other thread however if you plan on doing anything but ubers u will be toast with 600 loh and 150K+ dps even at highest mitigation levels...the first reflect electronic pack will melt you in seconds. I don't need to have to stats to know this because i've tested at all stats cuz i had everyones gear in the ptr. You're gonna need ~ -.8-.7 loh for every 100 dps and 5K armor 800 ar.
Reply Quote
12/05/2012 08:35 AMPosted by Aimless
You're gonna need ~ -.8-.7 loh for every 100 dps and 5K armor 800 ar.

Which is sooooo hard to get that amount of AR/Armor and get over 3 aps and necessary CC.
Reply Quote
View profile
12/05/2012 08:42 AMPosted by Azodeus
You're gonna need ~ -.8-.7 loh for every 100 dps and 5K armor 800 ar.

Which is sooooo hard to get that amount of AR/Armor and get over 3 aps and necessary CC.

Indeed without billions. IAS wand makes things cheaper and way ezer cause you can have good ar armor loh pants and good AR ARMOR bracers. But it's still not cheap.:( I miss the good ole days of good procs.
Reply Quote
View profile
I get what you are saying, aimless. I have not run into any issues yet killing myself on mp9. I will stick with mp10 farming for a while and see what happens. May need to buy a wrist support for this. Btw, there have been some fairly major changes to monster damage since the ptr.
Reply Quote
I found an ammy fresh with stats similar to the one you listed.

67int
96vit
6%ias
62%chd
8.5crit
1 os

Lemme know if you wanna bid on it.
Reply Quote
So on the topic of defense...

I went in a different direction with my CM. Nothing wrong with that since cookie-cutter SNS builds are boring. My MP10 farming build is 830/4.9k defense, 232k dps, and 1.2k loh. I can handle elec/RD packs fine with that setup. RD was never a problem for me and around 75% of my elite encounters have them.

But I usually die once in my alk runs and when I analyzed how these deaths occurred, it was because of these spikes in difficulty like tping out of a nasty pack, only to get vortexed and jailed back into a pool of arcane beams with molten. There's always something nasty that will eventually hit you: 10 spearmen/fireballs hit you simultaneously, dual nasty elites, knockback into wall of fire, fear forcing you to walk down a the entire length of an arcane beam, etc.

So to counter that, I made a variation of the zero-cooldown build. It's the ZC build, but with high vit. The high health (47k+ health) gave me a buffer (extra second or so) to live. But that's enough time for me to tp out of anything because my tp cooldowns are really low (mainly due to 69 cc). Wizards don't understand that if you die, even once, your overall dps average gets hit big time. They don't take into account the timeout and "getting back in the fight" time. It's not sheet dps, it's not real dps, it's overall average real dps that matters. I've been testing this build over the past few days and the results look promising.
Reply Quote
View profile
I found an ammy fresh with stats similar to the one you listed.

67int
96vit
6%ias
62%chd
8.5crit
1 os

Lemme know if you wanna bid on it.

Sorry, I forgot to add one of the most important stats....LOH
Reply Quote
View profile
12/05/2012 08:35 AMPosted by Aimless
if you plan on doing anything but ubers u will be toast with 600 loh and 150K+ dps even at highest mitigation levels...the first reflect electronic pack will melt you in seconds.

I have had a chance to try out mp 10 with my current stats. Reflect by itself is ok and electrified by itself is ok. The only thing that is giving me a hard time in mp 10 is reflect + electrified as you have said. I think if the only thing in mp 10 that is going to be a pain in the !@# is a certain combination of affix's , then I am doing ok ;). After dying a few times on one pack I realized if I just spam twister + freeze then I can kill them and I actually have a chance at surviving. You can watch the large drops in health when shards + explosive blast are cast. Another helpfull trick is to kite them to a larger mob and let the mob keep your health up. If I switch shards to crystal shell, reflect + electrified is no longer a problem but that is way too much DPS to give up to make it easy to kill one certain elite pack.

Other than running into reflect + electrified, the rest of the elites are fairly easy. I have no problem keeping the pack locked down completely to the point where there are no affix spells being cast. Even the last yellow elite stays in lock down.

I really don't plan on farming gear/keys any higher than mp 8 which is a walk in the park with my current gear unless I can get my dps up enough to kill mp 9/10 elites in more reasonable amount of time. i will certainly keep an eye for more armor, AR and LOH where I can get it but I think I am going to go ahead and bid on one of the amulets that will add 35k dps while maintaining my current vit, LOH and CC. Maybe that will be the tipping point
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]