Diablo® III

Criticising Diablo 3

01/03/2013 08:36 AMPosted by Saigyouji
Define constructive criticism. I get the feeling you have no idea what that actually means.

con·struc·tive
/kənˈstrəktiv/
Adjective
Serving a useful purpose; tending to build up.
Derived by inference; implied by operation of law; not obvious or explicit

crit·i·cism
/ˈkritəˌsizəm/
Noun
The expression of disapproval of someone or something based on perceived faults or mistakes: "Saigyouji ignored the criticisms of KradisZ and said he's just ranting with no actual supporting evidence provided by Saigyouji of how he is ranting when KradisZ is talking about game faults and problems of the game".
The analysis and judgment of a literary or artistic work: "methods of criticism supported by literary theories".

Did I not fully express I was dissatisfied by the game and its faults that I perceived and portrayed them in a constructive manner? Or did you not even read, to me everytime I read any one of your responses its like you just selectively read in between the lines. As for the stats thing as using Ragnarok for an example if you can't even be bothered to knwo about the example I provided you really shouldn't just assume anything then, your argument doesn't even hold anything if you can't be bothered to go do some small research on an OLD mmo with MEANINGFUL stats and choices as a given example that Blizzard could've at least studied for like 10 minutes during that 12 year development time frame. There's no excuse.

I am not obliged based on these 2 definitions(see top of this post, the definitions of what you claim that I don't know and unless you're going to tell me google is wrong?) to provide any kind of suggestion or solution to the game, I merely pointed them(faults) out, in a constructive manner. Bliz for all they care can take it any way they want as I have said if they agree or not and whether or not they want to do something about it or leave it as is. I don't think you know what it means.

You seem to have missed the whole point about this mode failing to address any of the problems you raised.

Address any problems I've raised? That's already feedback is that I've raised any problem at all, it's up to Blizzard to address it not me, my suggestion at the end which you still fail to provide any deep flaws, where a ranking system would already help fix teams up is a simple solution after their first few runs of it, if you can't even think of that I don't know where you're going with any of it.

Again you seem to have missed the point -_-. DPS, hours played, and other metrics are not reliable indicators as to how one will contribute into this scenario.

How are you so sure? I've at least given the suggestion, you still haven't provided me any insight or details as to why you think this is substantially flawed. You're just saying "it won't work because those measurements are irrelevant" or that's what it seems like, well WHY I mean to defend and everything you do need DPS & power which is acquired through game-time played and paragon level and stats and such?

This is Diablo. Different game, different design. If you're dying a lot in Diablo 3, then you're doing something very, very wrong.

Were you playing since May? or just recently? Seriously... and even then, if you don't understand a death timer increasing as you die more and more on a single-player playthrough, how absurd does that already sound? Let's lock you into a death counter screen for 1 hour before that 10 mins, before that 30-60 seconds, so by the 5th death you'll wait 1 hour before you're allowed to respawn, since those 30-60 seconds of wait that it's capped at right now isn't a problem yeah? death timer increase per death: 3seconds, 5s, 10s, 30s, 60s, 1min, 10min, 1 hour <- no problem right?

Here it is extremely flawed, by the time I die and the death timer reaches 60s I just quit the game and reload it, guess what now my next death si just 3seconds long, absolutely no difference other than hindrance, tedium, and annoyance for the player. I wasn't getting anywhere to begin with so me remaking the game and resetting that timer down to 3s has no effect other than to piss me off and anyone else who realizes it eventually. The fact that in D2 when you died and lost everything all your equip and stuff that's already a detrimental sign to NOT DIE, but not when you have dumb monsters 1-2shotting you in D3 by the time you reach inferno and have 0 gear prepare you for it from Hell for anyone going through it the first time and not to mention the only penalty is durability going down which is a repair bill tacked on.

the last 2 time lengths are exaggerations of course but if you think that's a system that should be employed on any player during SOLO play, then you're ridiculous. How else do you discover builds on the hardest difficulty without getting good gear from monsters in general most of the time, and test builds by trial and error? Go on an easier difficulty? yeah right. Tell me to use Auction House? Yeah okay, that defeats the purpose of guess & test for a game that claimed "lots of build diversity", missing the word viable here.
Edited by KradisZ#1651 on 1/3/2013 5:11 PM PST
Reply Quote
01/03/2013 06:51 AMPosted by Vendetta
except the fact that you fiind annoying an item that was 50 dolars back then now is 0 ... That's market...Perfect items after beeing found will obsolate the ones less perfect that were expensive...that's the the point of a game...The problem this game has is that soon enough you won't sell anything but perfect items for 1-2 euros...The replayability of the game is so low

That's okay I was just trying to make a point that legendaries are just the new rares that's all, and should've been since day1.
Reply Quote
well i hope 1.0.7 brings some convenient changes apart from just dueling i mean if that's all then... it's not much, those who don't even care about pvp will be a pointless update, thus why I made that suggestion of Azmodan's Siege Castle mode.
Edited by KradisZ#1651 on 1/3/2013 8:57 PM PST
Reply Quote
bump
Reply Quote
01/03/2013 08:46 PMPosted by TheCursed
bump

oh thanks, im constantly adding more to that huge wall on page1.
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
i enjoyed reading it ty... hopefully it does not result where it gets deleted
Reply Quote
01/03/2013 09:44 PMPosted by KradisZ
bump

oh thanks, im constantly adding more to that huge wall on page1.

No problem. I feel that there are still arguments that can be made for as well as against you. Would be a waste if people just spend time arguing about silly things in other threads.
Reply Quote
01/03/2013 05:03 PMPosted by KradisZ
except the fact that you fiind annoying an item that was 50 dolars back then now is 0 ... That's market...Perfect items after beeing found will obsolate the ones less perfect that were expensive...that's the the point of a game...The problem this game has is that soon enough you won't sell anything but perfect items for 1-2 euros...The replayability of the game is so low

That's okay I was just trying to make a point that legendaries are just the new rares that's all, and should've been since day1.

thats true! But not what I hopped for if I am honest.

I believe the difference between legendary and yellow items should be not that huge like now. Yellow items should have a huge randomness to them which should allow them to become very powerfull items with enough luck, legendary items though should be as well "powerfull" but rare in nature not as common like yellow items but with more consitency in their stats. The reason why you should seek out legendary items eventaully should be the difference they add to yellow items. Special abilities which gives you a reason to build a whole character around them.
Reply Quote
01/03/2013 10:37 PMPosted by CrniVuk
Special abilities which gives you a reason to build a whole character around them.

That is, unfortunately, completely lacking in D3.
Reply Quote
Good post! I made a post concerning what the execs should do from a management point of view. (i.e how to make themselves some money with this title, with little overhead)

This post goes nicely in depth of what is EXACTLY wrong with this game and what needs to be implemented, in other words, a checklist for the development team if they want to resuscitate this title. The problem is though, they clearly dont want to, or lack the skills to do so. This is where the execs need to come in and look at it not like they are making money now from this title, but losing TONS of potential cash from this title, as it will die without help.
Edited by choc#1115 on 1/3/2013 10:50 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Warrior
That was an awesome post OP. It was long, but well written and thought out.
I loved your idea for castle defense bit. Imo blizz should give you Jay's job.
Reply Quote

I believe the difference between legendary and yellow items should be not that huge like now. Yellow items should have a huge randomness to them which should allow them to become very powerfull items with enough luck, legendary items though should be as well "powerfull" but rare in nature not as common like yellow items but with more consitency in their stats. The reason why you should seek out legendary items eventaully should be the difference they add to yellow items. Special abilities which gives you a reason to build a whole character around them.

Yes it would be nice if the rares did do something like that with Legendaries but they're all mutually exclusive and separate, players aren't making hardened decisions to give up their gear for an alternate piece they find, it's just "oh it's got nearly the same stats but worse, no decision by default obvious choice is obvious" even upgrades are obvious and downgrades are blatantly obvious.
A little off topic here but in TL2 I have a hard time giving up my level 24 weakass weapon because it grants 35% chance to stun for 3 SECONDS on hit and is relatively slow and -armor vs. like a lv 46 weapon 600 damage boost and attack speed gain but no stun and no armor subtract at level 52 Elite difficulty. Viability at its best. Just as an example.
Edited by KradisZ#1651 on 1/3/2013 11:32 PM PST
Reply Quote
I agree with a lot of your post except perhaps legendary items.

Imo Legendary/set items, rares, and magic items should all have their advantages and disadvantages so that their is some semblance of variety in itemization (although affixes in general lack variety as well which would need to be fixed).

Legendary/set:
Advantage: Item is made to be viable for the difficulty (so no such thing as a useless legendary/set item). Less RNG on the legendary so the chance of it being good is high.

Disadvantage: Little RNG so no awesome rolls, compensating for the no horrible rolls. All rare and perhaps even magic item types still have a chance to be better then the legendary.

Rares (yellow):
Advantage: Can be the best item in the game compared to all item types. Rolls 3-6 affixes on the item.

Disadvantage: Rng. Chances of getting a super awesome item is obviously low.

Magic items (blue):
Advantage: Affix rolls can roll higher then both rare/legendary items.

Disadvantage: Rolls 1-4 affixes on the item. Rng.

So essentially this would happen:

Rares: possibly the best item
Legendary/sets: quality items which you know are good (not the best obviously)
Magics: possibly the best item when it comes to 4 affix items

This way all three item types are good in their own way.

Anyways: Azmodan Siege Mode

I would love something like this, in fact I did come up with a similar idea in which you defend a location/city against the demonic armies for as long as possible. Your idea is more interesting in having both the defensive and aggressive parts to the game mode thus increasing the whole tactical aspect as well.

So yea...

+1 and recommended.

Good luck in getting a blue response.
Reply Quote
View profile
I agree with a lot of your post except perhaps legendary items.

Imo Legendary/set items, rares, and magic items should all have their advantages and disadvantages so that their is some semblance of variety in itemization (although affixes in general lack variety as well which would need to be fixed).

Legendary/set:
Advantage: Item is made to be viable for the difficulty (so no such thing as a useless legendary/set item). Less RNG on the legendary so the chance of it being good is high.

Disadvantage: Little RNG so no awesome rolls, compensating for the no horrible rolls. All rare and perhaps even magic item types still have a chance to be better then the legendary.

Rares (yellow):
Advantage: Can be the best item in the game compared to all item types. Rolls 3-6 affixes on the item.

Disadvantage: Rng. Chances of getting a super awesome item is obviously low.

Magic items (blue):
Advantage: Affix rolls can roll higher then both rare/legendary items.

Disadvantage: Rolls 1-4 affixes on the item. Rng.

So essentially this would happen:

Rares: possibly the best item
Legendary/sets: quality items which you know are good (not the best obviously)
Magics: possibly the best item when it comes to 4 affix items

This way all three item types are good in their own way.

Anyways: Azmodan Siege Mode

I would love something like this, in fact I did come up with a similar idea in which you defend a location/city against the demonic armies for as long as possible. Your idea is more interesting in having both the defensive and aggressive parts to the game mode thus increasing the whole tactical aspect as well.

So yea...

+1 and recommended.

Good luck in getting a blue response.

Forget the blue.
Reply Quote
01/04/2013 12:55 AMPosted by MADTHUNDER2
Forget the blue.

Yeah... chances of getting a good Blue post is the same as finding a good legendary.

Agreed?
Reply Quote
01/03/2013 03:49 AMPosted by darkthrone

Makes me wonder why you post on the forums.

Nice post, OP.

Well I did post here to chat with people who ENJOY d3, but when I logged on everyone was complaining as if the game was broken. Now i'm here to defend blizz. Game rules.

So you post in a thread that specifically states criticizing D3 and expect to find people here posting who enjoy it? Think much?

The game needs work, a lot of work, you defending it only gives Blizz a reason to not fix anything, not address anything or even add anything. If you like the game as it stands now (no PvP), then more power to you, but don't ruin it for the rest of us by vocalizing your disillusioned beliefs.

I think it's about time the CM's finally gave you the permanent ban axe, you do nothing on these boards except flame people.
Reply Quote
Just like a government worker, they never miss a break either. Their sense of dedication to this game and its fans is something I have never seen before in any development cycle of a game.

This game is like the movie Prometheus, all the awesome 3D effects, named actors, and big bank account couldn't save the poor plot, poor pacing, and poor immersion.

Well, to be fair to the dev team, I've no doubt they're dedicated to making D3 as good as their vision allows it to be.

It's just unfortunate their vision involves removing many successful mechanics from D2 and replacing them with thinly disguised MMO mechanics.

Personally I didn't want an exact D2 clone with a graphics facelift, but when you consider what an awesome starting platform they had to work with, it's such a shame how much of it they simply chose to ignore.

I have to disagree with some of your point, i don't think the dev team knows what the hell they were doing, they have remove so many aspect that made diablo2 great.
I also think that the dev were being rush to finish the game before gw2 release date and they have to simplify everything and prioritize the ah and rmah.

I'd take a reskin d2 over d3 anyday :)
The items, the mechanic, the crafting and the PVP is awesome in d2.
D3? cc, cd, ias, open socket, main stat and vit and you are set, how boring is that? Even the elementals (a side from cold) didn't do a damn thing in this simplified pay to win diablow :(

I grew up playing d1 and d2, when i hear about d3 i told a bunch of my friends about how great d1 & d2 were and how this sequel is going to be a bad !@# game. We all bought the game now but they've move on playing other game, i felt i've cheated my friends out of their $60, lol.

I felt bad for the devs especially jay wilson, he's legacy is going to be "the man who ruins the diablo series"
Some fan boys are going to say d3 is successful and sold for 10mill copies, well it's because of the brand name not the game design.
Don't get me wrong i still play this game, i'm still hoping for a miracle that blizz will open their eyes and put a side their ego/greed (they already made 600 million out of this game not counting the RMAH) and listen to the players.

@OP,
+1, Great post thank you for finding the time and effort to say what's on my mind :)
Reply Quote

I don't know that very well but checking people's profiles with over 79k of elite kills I can clearly say their inventory and equipment is riddled with Legendaries and not Rares. My conclusion, doesn't seem so legendary when I've come across more than a handful of people with their entire outfit legendary. Legendary by definition is, extremely rare, unheard of, unfathomable power, and above all else, legendary. Recursive definition. If I can find so many profiles riddled with Legendary, then really doesn't seem all that special/legendary. I mean in vindictus finding an elchulus tear is practically winning the lottery. some people have been doing the raid for about a year and still haven't found a freaking tear doing it like 12 times a week i found mine only last week after months of doing it and that's only for like level 70 equipment not even max level which is 80, just as an example.

Rather than legendary having more stat rolls than rares, it should actually contain abilities or passives that shadow Rares not the stats. Just that the ability on a Legendary is what makes it extremely powerful, a minor ability or a gimmick isn't so much to preach about, if I had a legendary that caused stun on 60% chance hit for 1 second or 2 second that would be sick vs. like... idk some fire wave or some shockwave that's really weak.
Manticores as I've read is guaranteed a slot <- ... okay well that's really nothing unique about it then it just has bonus +1 slot doesn't really differentiate it from the core of the other items. Sure you can have mass dps gain for another emerald in, but to +1 a slot? ... TL2 I can talk to an enchanter and give my weapons up to like 5 slots just by paying gold increments of like 12k for that 1st one then 50k for 2nd 200k for 3rd 500k for 4th and like 2mil for 5th. Well the gold may be off but you get the idea.
Edited by KradisZ#1651 on 1/4/2013 9:57 AM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]