Diablo® III

diablo progress means nothing

was told by a WD that because he had more int than me and he was #30 something in the world that it mattered somehow. so i got bored today and decided to do my best.
#3 in the world #2 in america.
my dps took a crap. and thats why it doesn't matter. lost 100k dps in the process of having some fun, but it is in fact for fun. i maybe spent a million gold? who cares

if you can do better, do it and put it up here. lets have some fun. only other thing i could have gotten was ice climbers and a mara's with over 350 int on it. both not worth it for stupid purposes of my own enjoyment.
Reply Quote
The epeen dps builds lol As if looking good on diabloprogress makes you a good player! I'd like to see some of those really high dps builds in action in mp10, glass cannon builds that only look good on paper!
Reply Quote
View profile
when I was top 10 dps briefly I couldnt even do mp5 with it lol.

sucks that wd is the only class that gets screwed like this though.
Reply Quote
Totally agree, I have 604% CD and it ranks in the top 10 but I would hardly consider myself an elite WD, maybe slightly above average.
Reply Quote
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pa9YUDNHobE

/thread
Edited by blackjack#1375 on 12/22/2012 6:56 PM PST
Reply Quote
my wd is gg tkx
Reply Quote
I can run mp10 with mine, quite comfortably, i swap out 2 piece of gear (i have a defensive Vit Hellfire and swap pants for jousting mail. Reflect will take a few min more (as i need to run away to heal back a little), but cuts through everything else like butter. With around 350k ehp is sufficient, unbuffed dps still over 300k.

But the above is moot, everybody knows (or should) that mp1-3 is best for farming (all things considered).
Edited by KCtheGreat#6529 on 12/22/2012 8:34 PM PST
Reply Quote
when I was top 10 dps briefly I couldnt even do mp5 with it lol.

sucks that wd is the only class that gets screwed like this though.
This. It´s easy to get 400k sheet dps but in reality you´re useless, out of mana in 2 seconds and then your dps is 0. Well ofcourse you can always use some cute primary build ftw, but that really ain´t viable on higher mp levels.
Reply Quote
I can run mp10 with mine, quite comfortably, i swap out 2 piece of gear (i have a defensive Vit Hellfire and swap pants for jousting mail. Reflect will take a few min more (as i need to run away to heal back a little), but cuts through everything else like butter. With around 350k ehp is sufficient, unbuffed dps still over 300k.

But the above is moot, everybody knows (or should) that mp1-3 is best for farming (all things considered).
Here we´ve a perfect example, a noob who has bought all his gear with real money and has now idea how to gear a doctor. Stacking IAS and 0 manaregen and diablo progress only cares about sheet dps.

Topic is spot on.
Reply Quote
yea its nothing .. easily melt mp10
Reply Quote
12/23/2012 05:42 PMPosted by SweetLove
yea its nothing .. easily melt mp10

you don't melt anything in mp 10. please bro. you have 166868 dps. with 50% attack speed.
so without IAS you are at 80k of actual number dps?
please show me a vid of you melting anything in mp10 that isn't a white mob. i want to see you run out of mana in less than 10 seconds of spamming bears. it would be a great christmas present
Reply Quote
dude theres 36% bonus against elites .. u wanna see? check out the live stream www.twitch.tv/microfastsc2 .. check it when hes streaming i gt - 22 zombie bears and yes i wont run out of mana ^^ wanna have a wager?
Reply Quote
dude i added u in game ;p
Reply Quote
I feel like my WD can simply not be improved. Sure, I could get a few points of INT here... maybe .5% crit there... 4% crit damage? That's not my point. My opinion is that I've reached the point with my WD where upgrading would be meaningless, and thus cannot be improved (in my mind), since those upgrades really aren't doing anything to help my setup.

The fact is that @ 150k dps with 1.5 attacks per second, and I NEVER run out of mana with 100% bear uptime. 53% crit chance, 450% crit damage, 3000 INT... honestly, spending hundreds of millions, or maybe even billions in some slots to upgrade by a fractional percent? LOL... I have no idea why some people get off on being top ANYTHING on diabloprogress.

I've ran with 300k dps WD's that are COMPLETELY useless. IMO a sure sign of a useless WD gear setup is tal's chest, lacuni prowlers, mempo, etc... All they are doing is puffing up their chest (sheet dps) to look bigger and badder then the next guy.

"OH you don't have 200k unbuffed dps on diabloprogress? LOL poor scrub"

When inreality, My true damage output is 1.8million dps... and I can stand still doing nothing but spam bears... meanwhile with their inflated sheet dps, they are running around shooting poison darts 80% of the time because they are out of mana... That 300k sheet DPS becomes what, like 400-500k true DPS?

Honestly, DiabloProgress is the worst website in this entire community. Even their eHP formula is COMPLETELY wrong. They calculate LIFE REGEN in their eHP for christ sake!

Whatever, let these kids run around thinking they are big and tough... My only problem with it is when people are looking for a DPS class for MP10 ubers, and I get rejected because I'm not 200k sheet DPS... I cry a little on the inside, because these IDIOTS have no idea what they are talking about.
Reply Quote
people like to brag - thats 99% of why sites like diablo progress exists.

the problem isnt the site, or why it exists, its when new players think that site is a template for how they themself should gear up and spec - when the top 1000 people are full glass cannon and are almost useless in game.

I'd rather see a extremely well played 200k WD that never dies and farms MP8 well, then a 400 WD that dies to everthing that gets within 10 feet of them, and has to be carried all the time.

diablo progress is kinda fun in the sense of who go paragon 100 first or who has the best echoing fury in the game or what not, but most of its best to just ignore.
Reply Quote
the rankings mean nothing, of course. I knew this for months after looking up the person with the highest amount of crit chance (it was DH, someone's "alt" who beat gear with just crit chance on it... pieces were missing gems... and some slots didn't even have pieces).

The only cool thing about diabloprogress I like is the spell/passive usage from the top whatever players for softciore and hardcore.
Reply Quote
12/22/2012 02:59 PMPosted by Baraboomba
Totally agree, I have 604% CD and it ranks in the top 10 but I would hardly consider myself an elite WD, maybe slightly above average.

lol im ranked top 100 in CD =p
Reply Quote
12/23/2012 06:56 PMPosted by SweetLove
dude i added u in game ;p

me and sweet love played some tonight. and discussed lots. i borrowed some ideas from his spec after i saw him game some in mp10 when we were trying to carry a guy who had never had a hellfire. why we did mp10 i don't know. 3 WD's and a wiz. didn't get too far after the 5 stack.
i will concede, that sweetlove is the exception in the IAS to WD problem. his spec setup handles it. ive tested it, and its not too bad. it locks you into 1 passive, and 1 main attack. vision quest and widowmaker spiders.
but, as sweetlove agreed with me, he spent over a billion gold on his gearing. at a certain point, you can only upgrade to what you had plus IAS.

also, he didn't melt anything in mp10. i couldn't see anything because his CM wiz friend was pew pewing and my comp couldn't handle it, but we fought elite packs for about 2 minutes a pack. granted, 3 of us where around 150-180k dps, and the other person was at 75 maybe? meh.

hey sweet, i can't watch livestreams for some reason on that website. post a vid on youtube or something.

mp10 sucks. too slow. i don't have a problem admitting it. maybe it will be less slow after i break 200k unbuffed.
Reply Quote
yea well im ranked top 50 wd in americas and 100 in THE WORLD ... for Crit hit dmg =p

look the eff out!

that website is a joke, i know theres hundreds of better wd than me out there =p
Reply Quote
You morons are thinking because your ranked high in one stat your gonna be good. "I'm top blah blah blah in crit dmg" who cares? It's about your actual DPS and EHP.

Say whatever you want but none of you idiots are out DPSing the top WD's.

PR4Y... I feel like my WD cannot be improved? You have 150k dps GTFO. Your less than half the damage of top WDs.

Diabloprog is great when you have half a brain and you can figure out what stats matter etc.

WOW
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]