Diablo® III

What’s Your Diablo III Gaming Ritual?

Step 2: Choose one of these soundtracks to listen to - Bastion, Ni no Kuni, Dragon Quest VIII, Vagrant Story, any of the Final Fantasy games, etc

Excellent choices.
Reply Quote
Pretty much this each time:

1. Make sure I have at least an hour to play, since D3 is not conducive to short runs
2. Log in, report goldseller friend requests
3. Check AH, only to be once again disappointed that nothing has sold, and everything that is of use for me to buy costs 100M+
4. Pick up everything that drops, vendor it after lengthy ID session reveals it's all garbage
5. Log off, depressed

You and me both.
Reply Quote
Pretty much this each time:

1. Make sure I have at least an hour to play, since D3 is not conducive to short runs
2. Log in, report goldseller friend requests
3. Check AH, only to be once again disappointed that nothing has sold, and everything that is of use for me to buy costs 100M+
4. Pick up everything that drops, vendor it after lengthy ID session reveals it's all garbage
5. Log off, depressed

lol this....game is trash
Reply Quote
Fire up iTunes and pick what I'm in the mood to listen to while playing that day. The game's OST is great, but at a certain point I need some variety.
Reply Quote
MVP
View profile
So, this week's community question is: What's your gaming ritual for Diablo III? What sort of preparation do you go through before you start slaughtering the minions of the Burning Hells?

First of all, love your new avatars!

Wish ours were coming.... but anyway!

My pregame ritual usually consists of me grabbing a large soda or beer, a bag of non greasy snacks, then deciding if I want to play in Windowed mode to watch Netflix...

http://i.imgur.com/BliAF.jpg

Or I peruse my collection of Music to listen to. (I usually resort to my Symphonic Metal playlist which consists of Nightwish, Apocalyptica, Evanescence, Trans Siberian Orchestra, After Forever, Symphony X, Blind Guardian, Rhapsody / Rhapsody of Fire, Theatre of Tragedy, Tristania, Epica, Dragonforce, and oddly enough... Danny Elfman Film Scores...)

Then I guess I just get at it.

Either way, the sound in game is almost always muted.
Reply Quote
1.) Smoke a bowl
2.) A3 runs 'till I fill up my inventory and stash
3.) Smoke a bowl/cig while ID'ing
4.) Check the AH to make sure none of my stuff sells (can't even pedal i62 Legendaries for 30K)
5.) Give away my Flawless Square Gems
6.) Rinse and repeat until my hands hurt
Edited by Bukizzle#1560 on 1/18/2013 4:26 AM PST
Reply Quote
Run Raptr (don't have it enabled to start with windows)
run winamp and ajust the volume to around 10%
then and only then i get to diablo 3, easy and fast.
Reply Quote
1. Come on D3 website to look at the news.
2. See game is still broken.
3. Visit forums to find out whats going on.
4. Get wound up and raged with lack of developer understanding, and the new-to-diablo-fanboi`s, who seem to like this game which alienated 3/4 of the diablo fanbase from D1/D2.

5. Smoke a cigarette and get some alcohol.
6. Sigh in disbelief at the state of this sorry game and the diablo brand being in tatters.
7. Think i might sign onto the game for a bit
8. Feeling passes by quickly with no motivation to play.
9. Get distracted by the tv.
10. sign off the website and goto do something else, play another game, watch tv or get drunk.
Edited by wi5pa#2313 on 1/19/2013 6:41 AM PST
Reply Quote
Start a game, realise that nothing will drop anyway, get back to whatever I was doing before.
Reply Quote
I load up the D2 soundtrack, and if I have already listened to a lot of that, I load up any other game soundtrack because D3 music blows.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Warrior
This is easy.

I go to work.

Get pissed off at work.

Get off work.

Go home.

Drink a few beers and log onto Diablo 3.

Take frustrations out on the minions of hell. and have a few more beers :-)
Reply Quote
I look at the forums and think "I am one of the few people who actually like this game.".
Reply Quote
1.Start windows 7 on new laptop i hate
2. spend an hour or so checking mail, making a playlist on grooveshark
3. cross fingers, hope this time i don't get corrupted files / instant crash
4. start launcher, see no patch
5. login, check AH, nothing sold or at most 1 item
6. spend another 1/2h checking ah for items i want to save gold for
7. notice one friend is online, the one who plays at work and never replies, the rest of them being offline
8.report the friend invite spam from some1 i've never been in game with/talked/known that advertises gold
9. ocasional random crash
10. sigh, time to check forums for something new and exciting !
11. browse class forums, see what build i could start and work on, find a reason to play alone as usual...nope just mainstream, time to think of one that works in inferno again
12. reload game, farm some more, get bored, music stops
11. look for a new playlist, rinse and repeat
Edited by Tornado#2254 on 1/19/2013 11:58 AM PST
Reply Quote
Take some Dabs
Need to have something to drink
Newport 100s

There is no religious order for me but without getting high having somethign to drhink and some cigs i cant enjoy d3 ^_^
Reply Quote
So the consensus is.. either you play the AH and forums more than the game, or drink yourself so numb that you don't give a !@#$. No wonder they only need to patch this game once ever 4 months, its still booming with success. Why fix what isn't broken, right?

Oh yeah, my ritual
1) pants off
2) cup of coffee
3) input every single item suffix combination I need for upgrades on the AH for 2 hours
3.5) Realize I only have like 12mil
4) dive into act 3 (original I know) for the mayhem that only carpal tunnel inducing speed-running gives you, sift through the goedendags, scutums, and frostburns for the occasional ring or ilvl63 weapon.
5) Find the most godly opensocket lifesteal crit damage perfect dex roll 200dps dagger in the game.
6) Die a little bit inside.
7) Check AH again and flip some items so I don't feel like I wasted my whole night.
8) Continue to die a little more inside.
9) Log off and go back on Dark Souls.

But yeah, I know, those 1st world problems we all have to face here.
Edited by NiXDart#1242 on 1/19/2013 6:49 PM PST
Reply Quote
Check forum, watch some R-rated stuff online, stretch my balls. Log on to Diablo 3, look at ah, nothing sells, log off.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]