Diablo® III

1.0.7. - HUGE nerf to monks, even further kill diversit

BEFORE YOU POST - WE ARE NOT COMPLAINING ABOUT GEAR SWAP MECHANIC, BUT BUFFING WITH SKILLS!!!!!!!!!!!! STOP POSTING GEAR SWAP MECHANIC NEEDED FIXING, WE KNOW IT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I understand this thread is now so long, you probably won't read it. Here's the thing:
-DPS with this "exploit" (where exploit means buffing yourself with skills lol) made monks comparable to other classes
-DPS without this "exploit" gimps monks heavily, thus throwing them at the bottom of food chain

Thank you Blizzard, you've outdone yourself this time.

Let's see...what you did:
-remove snapshot system (which was a VALID gameplay mechanic)
-nerfed monks for about ~50% eDPS (congrats, we were fine before, now we're basically useless on high MP levels)
-monks have 2 skills that can buff our damage (I know crazy right? We're about the worst class in terms of skills) and you just invalidated one of them! What were you thinking?! "Oh Joe, look at the monks damn it, they got 7 (SEVEN?!) skills to choose from, lets nerf them so we remove any doubt and have only 6 left to use!"

What you should have done:
-remove gear swap exploit
-keep our damage as it was as we were fine, instead BUFF our healing mechanism through LPSS (so it scales like LS) and spirit regeneration capabilities, so we wouldn't have to gear up like barbs any more
-add a good and new passive, since we're the only class that have this little

I think you're forgetting that every single class in this game has skills to buff their CC/CHD/AS except monks. We can only buff our average damage (which is fine, I suppose) through 2 (TWO!) skills (excluding primary attacks) - and you just REMOVED ONE OF THEM.

Congratulations. Next time, email me or one of the monks that actually KNOW this class (theres quite a few good chaps in the monks section, you know?!), have a skype conversation with them or something and let them carry you through monks, because you more than obviously KNOW NOTHING ABOUT THIS CLASS.

P.S.: Dear sunshines, everything that doesn't scale is worthless in late game. Primary school math could of taught you that!

EDIT: My suggestion:
"Sure. Since we have 1 passive less than every other class (and 2 less than barbs) let me suggest this:

new passive - named monk go bananas (or w/e, don't care)
Each LPSS gives [%] more HP. Scale that % so it's fair to ~3% life steal or something like that.

Problem solved. I can now play my monk as a monk again and no longer have to build him as a barb."

I'll be happy to run a mathematical analysis to even calculate you the exact % you want to give in to make it fair. What's that you say? You don't want to go through all the trouble to design a new passive icon? OK - I'll do it for you!
Edited by AdHoc#2426 on 1/16/2013 5:16 AM PST
Who was talking about survivability here? I was talking about options to use some other means of healing other than what barbs use, that's all.

Barbs - 3% LS vs Monks - 60 LPSS isn't really comparable in late game lol.
if you compare to barb, you always lose, compare to other 2 class would make u better
loving all the tears flowing from monks abusing the SW exploit..

monks were the most buffed class this patch
bug fix does not equal nerf.
Exploit? How was this an exploit when it was the only way that allowed us to buff roughly the same as all other classes? (Not talking about gear swap)

Buff where my dps falls by 50%. Thanks for such a buff.
At least Monks finally feel what Wizards had felt after every patch.
Clearly it was a bug... cry less
I wasn't using said exploit, and now I have more dps because of the patch... not sure why thats bad for me :)
@Ricstar I don't understand you quite completely - monks received nerfs EVERY single patch thus far.

@act0 buffing yourself is a bug? Didn't realise that. I'm not crying about "fixing" a bug though, you must have not understood it due to lack of reading comprehension. I'm saying monks lost about 50% of their dps with this patch and while they were comparable to other classes before, they're now absolute garbage. Clearly even you, as a barb, can understand this? Well not completely as you are the most powerful class in the game, but you can understand that not being able to play half the content due to a patch can be negative, or can you not understand even that?

@Timmy so you didn't use any skill buff whatsoever? Because that's the only way you were not "exploiting" this "bug".
Edited by AdHoc#2426 on 1/16/2013 12:49 AM PST
@Ricstar I don't understand you quite completely - monks received nerfs EVERY single patch thus far.

@act0 buffing yourself is a bug? Didn't realise that. I'm not crying about "fixing" a bug though, you must have not understood it due to lack of reading comprehension. I'm saying monks lost about 50% of their dps with this patch and while they were comparable to other classes before, they're now absolute garbage. Clearly even you, as a barb, can understand this? Well not completely as you are the most powerful class in the game, but you can understand that not being able to play half the content due to a patch can be negative, or can you not understand even that?

@Timmy so you didn't use any skill buff whatsoever? Because that's the only way you were not "exploiting" this "bug".

No, buffing yourself wasn't a bug, but the Snapshot mechanic was.
OK, alright. So dropping monks dps by 50% (which was the only mechanic to make them even remotely comparable to other classes) is FINE. Because halving one's dps is fine.

Can we talk about other points I made in the OP then? Or are we supposed to gear up as barbs as well and everything works as intended, since monk = (barb/3)?
01/16/2013 12:48 AMPosted by AdHoc

As far as I was aware it involved swapping gear and making sure maximized buffs were on at the time of the "snapshot".

How would breath of heaven's damage modifier make a difference with the changes anyhow? Even if I was using it before when I got the "snapshot" moment, with the new changes it should accurately read what stats I have at any given time, no?
Clearly you did not read my OP. I am fine with removing the gear swap exploit (which btw WAS NOT fixed).
01/15/2013 11:48 PMPosted by AdHoc
-remove snapshot system (which was a VALID gameplay mechanic)

01/16/2013 12:58 AMPosted by AdHoc
Clearly you did not read my OP. I am fine with removing the gear swap exploit (which btw WAS NOT fixed).

Unless I misunderstood this, you said it was valid, and therefor should be in the game.

I probably misunderstood it, but yolo.
The problem is not in you not understanding what I wrote. The problem is you have no idea what you're talking about. Snapshot system =/= gear swap system. Completely two different things.

But it's ok, I'm used to people commenting on things they have no idea about.
I read your OP very clearly and I don't know how (other than the Snapshot exploit mechanic being removed) we lost 50% dps.

01/15/2013 11:48 PMPosted by AdHoc
We can only buff our average damage (which is fine, I suppose) through 2 (TWO!) skills (excluding primary attacks) - and you just REMOVED ONE OF THEM.

I don't see anywhere in the PTR notes where this happened, could you show me?
monk, the most OP class atm and requesting a buff...seems legit
I read your OP very clearly and I don't know how (other than the Snapshot exploit mechanic being removed) we lost 50% dps.

We can only buff our average damage (which is fine, I suppose) through 2 (TWO!) skills (excluding primary attacks) - and you just REMOVED ONE OF THEM.

I don't see anywhere in the PTR notes where this happened, could you show me?

Come back when you'll play your monk for more than 5 hours. Thanks.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]