Diablo® III

1.0.7. - HUGE nerf to monks, even further kill diversit

I dont even bother to read OP's post. How is the snapshot dps legit when you can effectively wear 2 sets of gears and combined their stats?
Dude @#!#%%!%%!? I checked your profile, from a plvl 100 monk i was expecting something else than you wrote.

1. We got way more skills to buff our dmg (even if it is for a short time)
- Deadly Reach : Foresight = primary skill
- Way of the Hundred Fists : Blazing Fists = primary skill
- Blinding Flash : Faith in the Light = 1 of those skills
- Breath of Heaven : Blazing Wrath = 2nd of those skills
- Combination Strike = passive, not a skill

FROM OP:
"We can only buff our average damage (which is fine, I suppose) through 2 (TWO!) skills (excluding primary attacks) "

From someone that's older than 5 years old I expected more.

@evilstuie - what can I say. You said it all yourself. This is sad, but becoming more and more true with every patch.

01/16/2013 01:58 AMPosted by saxy
I dont even bother to read OP's post. How is the snapshot dps legit when you can effectively wear 2 sets of gears and combined their stats?

If you read my post you would know this is not what we're talking about here. Why do you even bother posting you...oh my god, I have no words for people like you.
Edited by AdHoc#2426 on 1/16/2013 2:02 AM PST
0/10
OP, if you were under the impression that this would not be nerfed/fixed by blizzard, then you must have been delusional. We all know monk takes the sh-it in this game, we are meant to be sub par. Blizz made a glitch, and now they are fixing us to be pathetic again!

Im a monk on EU. Sold all my gear, so currently no dps. But had 250k with dualwielding 3 months ago, without snapshot ofc.
OP, if you were under the impression that this would not be nerfed/fixed by blizzard, then you must have been delusional. We all know monk takes the sh-it in this game, we are meant to be sub par. Blizz made a glitch, and now they are fixing us to be pathetic again!

Im a monk on EU. Sold all my gear, so currently no dps. But had 250k with dualwielding 3 months ago, without snapshot ofc.

Well I was expecting they'd patch gear swap, not buffing with skills FFS. Now I'm thinking about selling my monk(s) as well, since next patch I can already see OWE nerf. Then there will be LITERALLY no reason to play a monk any longer.
the snapshot mechanic was clearly broken, some monks can wreck high MP using a white dagger, I think that pretty much justifies changing it.

the 5% damage boost to the actual skill and 6% boost to runes in the patch notes sort of balance the snapshot dps loss anyways. if you were not the type to do full gear macro swapping for max SW dps, and only used maybe a weapon swap or just BF(FiTL)+BOH(BW) for a boost, you probably won't even notice any change.

maybe they should do something to prevent full gear macro swapping, but balancing sweeping wind by fixing the mechanics was the right step to take first. gear swapping is another issue completely, and monks using SW are not the only class who do that. sweeping wind needed to be fixed eventually regardless of what they do about swapping for all classes.

I have heard although the damage of SW updates to current dps on PTR, gear swapping still benefits other effects like Lifesteal. The truth is, that still makes SW overpowered. People should not be able to reap the benefits of a 6% lifesteal 2hander while using 2 endgame 1handers. The overpowered dps boost was only half of the problem, hopefully Blizzard notices that.
the snapshot mechanic was clearly broken, some monks can wreck high MP using a white dagger, I think that pretty much justifies changing it.

the 5% damage boost to the actual skill and 6% boost to runes in the patch notes sort of balance the snapshot dps loss anyways. if you were not the type to do full gear macro swapping for max SW dps, and only used maybe a weapon swap or just BF(FiTL)+BOH(BW) for a boost, you probably won't even notice any change.

maybe they should do something to prevent full gear macro swapping, but balancing sweeping wind by fixing the mechanics was the right step to take first. gear swapping is another issue completely, and monks using SW are not the only class who do that. sweeping wind needed to be fixed eventually regardless of what they do about swapping for all classes.

I have heard although the damage of SW updates to current dps on PTR, gear swapping still benefits other effects like Lifesteal. The truth is, that still makes SW overpowered. People should not be able to reap the benefits of a 6% lifesteal 2hander while using 2 endgame 1handers. The overpowered dps boost was only half of the problem, hopefully Blizzard notices that.

Updated OP with this:

BEFORE YOU POST - WE ARE NOT COMPLAINING ABOUT GEAR SWAP MECHANIC, BUT BUFFING WITH SKILLS!!!!!!!!!!!! STOP POSTING GEAR SWAP MECHANIC NEEDED FIXING, WE KNOW IT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just for cupcakes like you, who can't read. Thank you and goodbye.
i use mantra of chaos - overawe
blinding flash - faith in the light
breath of heaven - blazing wraith
sweeping wind - cyclone
fists of thunders - bounding light

no gear swap

-keep breath of heaven up at all times and hit mantra and blinding flash for 3 sec cooldown

how am i affected by this 'nerf'

2.6% lifesteal on won khim lau

not really sure what all of this snapshot business is...
Edited by unholy#1141 on 1/16/2013 2:09 AM PST
FROM OP:"We can only buff our average damage (which is fine, I suppose) through 2 (TWO!) skills (excluding primary attacks) "From someone that's older than 5 years old I expected more.
You are a bad player if you rely on snapshotting SW so much.
________________________________________________________________________________
Acronyms and their meaning: http://us.battle.net/d3/en-us/forum/topic/7004698754
The new way of making every Legendary viable: http://us.battle.net/d3/en-us/forum/topic/7199033719
Idea: White/Blue Items and Crafting Fix: http://us.battle.net/d3/en-us/forum/topic/7167576791
Monk Build: The Dual Wielded Lawn Mower: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7415641623
i use mantra of chaos - overawe
blinding flash - faith in the light
breath of heaven - blazing wraith
sweeping wind - cyclone
fists of thunders - bounding light

no gear swap

-keep breath of heaven up at all times and hit mantra and blinding flash for 3 sec cooldown

how am i affected by this 'nerf'

2.6% lifesteal on won khim lau

not really sure what all of this snapshot business is...

BEFORE YOU POST - WE ARE NOT COMPLAINING ABOUT GEAR SWAP MECHANIC, BUT BUFFING WITH SKILLS!!!!!!!!!!!! STOP POSTING GEAR SWAP MECHANIC NEEDED FIXING, WE KNOW IT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
01/16/2013 02:09 AMPosted by frisch
FROM OP:"We can only buff our average damage (which is fine, I suppose) through 2 (TWO!) skills (excluding primary attacks) "From someone that's older than 5 years old I expected more.
You are a bad player if you rely on snapshotting SW so much.

-Uses exact same build as everyone else, also uses snapshot mechanic
-has a monk with which he can' really on anything really
-calls other people bad players for doing it

Seems legit. D3 forums.
Edited by AdHoc#2426 on 1/16/2013 2:11 AM PST
what? i wasnt complaining about gear swapping..i didnt even know monks were doing that lol
-Uses exact same build as everyone else, also uses snapshot mechanic-has a monk with which he can' really on anything really-calls other people bad playersSeems legit. D3 forums.
Currently i snapshot my SW to what? from 100k to 150k? And after the patch i'll be using breath of heaven which buffs me to like 120k or something. Due to the buff of the SW damage, i won't lose much damage here and in addition i get damage to my normal attacks.

You are just some butthurt noob that can only play with TR SW snapshot.
________________________________________________________________________________
Acronyms and their meaning: http://us.battle.net/d3/en-us/forum/topic/7004698754
The new way of making every Legendary viable: http://us.battle.net/d3/en-us/forum/topic/7199033719
Idea: White/Blue Items and Crafting Fix: http://us.battle.net/d3/en-us/forum/topic/7167576791
Monk Build: The Dual Wielded Lawn Mower: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7415641623
01/16/2013 02:12 AMPosted by unholy
what? i wasnt complaining about gear swapping..i didnt even know monks were doing that lol

Well then your eDPS will fall for about 50%. In your case a little bit less, because you use blazing wrath, but still.

Unless you activated cyclones first then everything else, which doesn't really make sense anyway because it costs 75 spirit to cast which is half of your spirit bar and nobody I know first activated cyclones then anything else, since you'd run out of spirit too fast this way anyway.
i do cast sweeping wind first actually...i have the 4 peice innas

what difference would that make
i do cast sweeping wind first actually...i have the 4 peice innas

what difference would that make

Congratulations, then 1.0.7. is a buff to you. You and about the 1% of monks in this game that activate cyclones first before anything else. You will still be severely sub par to all other classes though. Have fun and enjoy :)
ahh dammit !

oh well..btw just looking for info about the upcoming patch..

some are saying its a buff, some are saying its a nerf...

that feel....its a bad feel
Well it's a nerf if you played monk optimally, meaning you timed your skills right. If you didn't then it's a buff. To most monks, it's a nerf.

While I am NOT complaining about removal of the snapshot mechanic, I am complaining about the nerf, because I do not understand why did monks deserve a nerf, because I know a few classes more "deserving" of a nerf than monks.
01/16/2013 02:19 AMPosted by AdHoc
Congratulations, then 1.0.7. is a buff to you. You and about the 1% of monks in this game that activate cyclones first before anything else. You will still be severely sub par to all other classes though. Have fun and enjoy :)
Look, you can stop whining, for that "snapshot" that has been taken out they put a serious buff in. You won't lose anything.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]