Diablo® III

1.0.7. - HUGE nerf to monks, even further kill diversit

If they are wrong please show me with other calculations or an explanation of why my basis are wrong.
Don't go "Hulk mad, Hulk smash" like the OP.

Dude, FTiL DOES NOT buff for 30%. It buffs WAY MORE. What am I supposed to teach you basic mathematics here now? This isn't the point of this thread! Go in-game, activate only FTiL and compare the difference unbuffed vs buffed dps. Come back and let me know how much is it - I promise you it's MUCH more than 30%!

01/16/2013 03:59 AMPosted by SIONG
I'm sure even more monks would like to see this mechanic COMPLETELY removed, but not by gimping our dps so much.

you know what
remember "Invulnerable Wizard" exploit?
well....

I'm sure even more wizard would like to see that mechanic COMPLETELY removed, but not by gimping our survivability so much...........

d*mn u Blizzard !!

My CM wiz friend has no difficulty with survivability on MP10.
Edited by AdHoc#2426 on 1/16/2013 4:03 AM PST
01/16/2013 04:02 AMPosted by AdHoc
Dude, FTiL DOES NOT buff for 30%. It buffs WAY MORE. What am I supposed to teach you basic mathematics here now? This isn't the point of this thread! Go in-game, activate only FTiL and compare the difference unbuffed vs buffed dps. Come back and let me know how much is it - I promise you it's MUCH more than 30%!
These are useless remarks.

Tell how much more is "MUCH more" and why.
Then let's recalculate the values with "MUCH more" damage.
It depends on your average damage and whether you use a 2H or 2x 1H build. Personally, it buffs me for 60%. If I had more narrow average damage between both weapons it would be even higher.

Hence, I can not tell you how much more is much more. Do you understand now, finally?! (hehe, whoever gets the reference gets a cookie from me)
Edited by AdHoc#2426 on 1/16/2013 4:08 AM PST
It depends on your average damage and whether you use a 1H or 2x 1H build. Personally, it buffs me for 60%. If I had more narrow average damage between both weapons it would be even higher
Look, I don't have the game on this PC and I can't test it, so you should elaborate a little more than "it buffs me for 60%"...
View profile
My monk owns in PVP.
I knew about the sweeping wind exploit but chose not to play that way.
No complaints here.
you know what
remember "Invulnerable Wizard" exploit?
well....

I'm sure even more wizard would like to see that mechanic COMPLETELY removed, but not by gimping our survivability so much...........

d*mn u Blizzard !!

umm... its a sarcasm btw LOL
o_o *mind blown*
fixing the bug of sweeping wind is absolutely necessary !!!
Now I think it worth to play monk again, such nice dmg buff, boost variaty to whole new level!
yes the passive and life regain methods need improvement, I agree with this point.
Say you have one weapon: 50-100 dmg, second weapon: 150-200 dmg.

Avg min dmg is 100, avg max dmg 150. After buff this means your avg min dmg is 125, avg max dmg is 202.5. Your new average damage is now 163.75 and it was 125 at start. This is a 76.34% increase, not 30%.

You'll need to find formulas for this yourself, after all you said you're good with the numbers, eh?
01/16/2013 04:02 AMPosted by AdHoc

And I bet he got all his gear cheap right? Unless he is only tanking and dealing no damage any wizard has to spent billions to do anything on MP10..

Stop complaining about monk being the only class that get it bad.

WW and Living Lightning great proc were there since the start of the game, until they nerfed, and nerfed again, and again, and again.. And CM wizards are still working, only gear requirement to do anything went to billions.

Using Energy armor with Low HP and great Life Regen were there since the start of the game, until they nerfed.

Their giant proc rates were not a game bug, but blizzard still considered they game exploiting and not working as intended, so they "fixed" it. After all they promised not to nerf the proc afew patchs back so we got say they fixed.

This game is all about gear check they want you to faceroll everything, but they want you to pay for it (in time or money). So any spec that allow you to faceroll with near to no gear is going to get nerfed.

So your class gear requirement got higher? Swallow it and move on. Wizards have been doing it every patch. This is the very first patch that we didn't get a nerf, and that is being considered a buff by the wizzard community...

umm... its a sarcasm btw LOL
o_o *mind blown*

I'm sorry, I must admit I don't know wizards that well.

EDIT: Paladino, fine. We get this dps nerf, like I said, OK. But can we at least get some buff - at least in terms of healing capabilities? As it stands, monk must gear exactly the same as barb, only at higher price and lesser efficiency.
Edited by AdHoc#2426 on 1/16/2013 4:22 AM PST
Its all about what you called "SKILLS"
Sure. Since we have 1 passive less than every other class (and 2 less than barbs) let me suggest this:

new passive - named monk go bananas (or w/e, don't care)
Each LPSS gives [%] more HP. Scale that % so it's fair to ~3% life steal or something like that.

Problem solved. I can now play my monk as a monk again and no longer as a barb.
to the wizard monks have been nerfed every patch is well and we even got a hotfix nerf iis well
and we really haven't got any of our core problems buffed/solved/worked out

on a side not this just shows how blizzard is so lazy and hasn't got a clue you can still abuse the life steal part of the snapshot
01/16/2013 04:19 AMPosted by AdHoc
Avg min dmg is 100, avg max dmg 150. After buff this means your avg min dmg is 125, avg max dmg is 202.5. Your new average damage is now 163.75 and it was 125 at start. This is a 76.34% increase, not 30%

Oh, I see. You meant all along that it's your damage that's increased by 30%, not your DPS!

Sure, that's correct. But given this, even all other monk's buffs buff the damage and not the DPS, hence scale with attack speed.

This doesn't change anything.

Just to point this out: 30% of 125 average damage is 37.5, 125+37.5 = 162.5 so your average damage has indeed increased of 30%, not 76.34%. Where did you pull that number out of?
Edited by Deus#2622 on 1/16/2013 4:32 AM PST
Avg min dmg is 100, avg max dmg 150. After buff this means your avg min dmg is 125, avg max dmg is 202.5. Your new average damage is now 163.75 and it was 125 at start. This is a 76.34% increase, not 30%

Oh, I see. You meant all along that it's your damage that's increased by 30%, not your DPS!

Sure, that's correct. But given this, even all other monk's buffs buff the damage and not the DPS, hence scale with attack speed.

This doesn't change anything.

No, I meant DPS. Increased average damage = more DPS d'oh. And congratulations, you came to the conclusion I wrote in the ORIGINAL POST ALREADY.

to the wizard monks have been nerfed every patch is well and we even got a hotfix nerf iis well
and we really haven't got any of our core problems buffed/solved/worked out

on a side not this just shows how blizzard is so lazy and hasn't got a clue you can still abuse the life steal part of the snapshot

Yup, pretty sad if you ask me.
Edited by AdHoc#2426 on 1/16/2013 4:31 AM PST
OP, I guess you're new around here to let me try to explain how this works:

You: have "fun" playing the game.
Blizzard: decides they "know better" and destroys your build
You: come to forums and righteously cry/wail/gnash teeth
Blizzard: doesn't hear you because they're already working on the next thing they're going to destroy, be it a build, class, game franchise ... whatever.
You: move on, as well, to a new build, class, or out of the game entirely.

Repeat?
OP, I guess you're new around here to let me try to explain how this works:

You: have "fun" playing the game.
Blizzard: decides they "know better" and destroys your build
You: come to forums and righteously cry/wail/gnash teeth
Blizzard: doesn't hear you because they're already working on the next thing they're going to destroy, be it a build, class, game franchise ... whatever.
You: move on, as well, to a new build, class, or out of the game entirely.

Repeat?

Right, thank you. My only problem is, I admit, I am a bit emotionally involved into this game. Hopefully DMC5 will prove good enough a distraction for me to move away from this.
01/16/2013 04:30 AMPosted by AdHoc
No, I meant DPS. Increased average damage = more DPS d'oh. And congratulations, you came to the conclusion I wrote in the ORIGINAL POST ALREADY

No, I didn't.

As I added
Just to point this out: 30% of 125 average damage is 37.5, 125+37.5 = 162.5 so your average damage has indeed increased of 30%, not 76.34%. Where did you pull that number out of?
Honestly I don't mind the new SW mechanics at all, it seems fair to me.

There's an issue that hasn't been brought up yet, but I wonder how it'll work out from now on :
The snapshot mechanic from SW would base it's damage off of the active weapon. This is pretty straight forward when using two handers, but what about dual wielding ??
In 1.0.6 and before SW's dmg was based on the active weapon, but what happens now ? If SW's damage changes dynamically, will it change every time you change your active weapon ? Meaning every hit ?
well I get buffed by 50% from memory so yeah(dps)
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]