Diablo® III

1.0.7. - HUGE nerf to monks, even further kill diversit

01/16/2013 04:33 AMPosted by Deus
No, I meant DPS. Increased average damage = more DPS d'oh. And congratulations, you came to the conclusion I wrote in the ORIGINAL POST ALREADY

No, I didn't.

As I added
Just to point this out: 30% of 125 average damage is 37.5, 125+37.5 = 162.5 so your average damage has indeed increased of 30%, not 76.34%. Where did you pull that number out of?

+25% to min, + 35% to max! Also, you got 2 weapons to calculate this across! Seriously, stop bugging me, I refuse to be your math teacher. Go in game, activate FTiL and come back and tell me your DPS increase. I PROMISE you it's more along ~60%+!
Am I missing something here? Looking over the patch notes, I do not see ANY nerfs except for the cooldown reset upon dying.
01/16/2013 04:35 AMPosted by baggins
well I get buffed by 50% from memory so yeah(dps)
And your DPS will probably get buffed by 25% by BoH, so these numbers have no sense: you are always buffed by 18% on your damage, it's the attack speed that scales this damage (and SW is affected by the attack speed).
what? since when were monks nerfed? they are buffing them -.- increasing dmg of all spirit output skills
01/16/2013 04:40 AMPosted by Deus
well I get buffed by 50% from memory so yeah(dps)
And your DPS will probably get buffed by 25% by BoH, so these numbers have no sense: you are always buffed by 18% on your damage, it's the attack speed that scales this damage (and SW is affected by the attack speed).

I hope, for all of ours sake, that Blizzard isn't as mathematically inapt as you are. You have proven time and again your math skills are subpar and inferior to a good elementary school student.
01/16/2013 04:38 AMPosted by AdHoc
+25% to min, + 35% to max! Also, you got 2 weapons to calculate this across! Seriously, stop bugging me, I refuse to be your math teacher. Go in game, activate FTiL and come back and tell me your DPS increase. I PROMISE you it's more along ~60%+!
As I stated before DPS are affected by attack speed. If your attack speed is 1 your DPS will be buffed by 30%, if your attack speed is 0.9 your DPS will be buffed by 27%, if you attack speed is 2 your DPS will be buffed by 60%.

Overall your damage will always be buffed by 30%.
I agree, atm monks are lack of dmg buff comparing w/ some other classes. But this 1.0.7 patch is a correction, like what happened to trail of cinders. Not a nerf. And i don't understand how you call your build is diversity.
No, it's a buff to your average damage not attack speed. Stop spaming this thread with your misinformational posts now, please.
01/16/2013 04:42 AMPosted by AdHoc
You have proven time and again your math skills are subpar and inferior to a good elementary school student
Yet I still have to see you pull out a correct number or explain how 163 is 125*1.76...
01/16/2013 04:43 AMPosted by AdHoc
No, it's a buff to your average damage not attack speed. Stop spaming this thread with your misinformational posts now, please.
Exactly.

I explained to you why you think your damage is increased by 60% intead of 30% but you don't seem to be able to grasp it.

How old are you?
Stop posting, please.
01/16/2013 04:47 AMPosted by AdHoc
Stop posting, please
Because you can't admit you said something wrong?
Anyone who has spent some time in the high level portions of the game knows that monks are the weakest overall unless you put atleast double the gold/quality items into creating them. It is very easy to create a high dmg ranged class or a Barb with 100k dmg and good Hp but...

To achieve any of this same quality character you have to have all top lvl gear to get up around 100k dmg and survivability, since you have no real help on dmg boosts and since armor was nerfed passive was nerfed you mainly have to rely on a little dodge, even though SIXTH SENSE DOESN'T KNOW HOW TO DO MATH, and the only good defense passive is the One With Everything Elemental passive.

Really Blizz Monks are should be last on the list of classes to nerf and really if they aren't going to put the Armor Passive back to 100% they need to at least teach SIXTH SENSE HOW TO DO MATCH. Along with a little DAMAGE BOOST via Dmg%, CritChance, CritDmg, or even Attack speed so we can maybe even have the option between a DEFENSIVE or DAMAGE BUILD!!!

- Apox187
;
01/16/2013 04:49 AMPosted by Deus
Stop posting, please
Because you can't admit you said something wrong?

1.) Go in-game.
2.) Observe your DPS.
3.) Cast FTiL.
4.) Observe your buffed DPS.
5.) Shut up and never post in here again.
I have always thought that PTR is a TEST server for COMING patch. After PTR time the patch WILL have changes to it. So i don't really see why ppl are so hateful towards each other. AdHoc just made a notice what HE thinks is wrong. Then he got flamed right away and I don't see why. I don't understand why to argue from this matter. Let Blizzard do the arguing at their office. Still.. Every one has their own opinions, that's true. But don't be so hateful.
01/16/2013 04:55 AMPosted by AdHoc
1.) Go in-game.

1a. Equip a weapon with 1.00 attack speed
1b. take out all the gear that gives you +attack speed
2.) Observe your DPS.
3.) Cast FTiL.
4.) Observe your buffed DPS.
5.) Shut up and never post in here again.
01/15/2013 11:48 PMPosted by AdHoc
I think you're forgetting that every single class in this game has skills to buff their CC/CHD/AS

No, WDs do not either. And our two offensive passives drains our resource to a high degree, or relies on kills (and therefore makes in useful only in lower MP or against trash). Wizards have a CC buff, like with Pinpoint in Energy Armor, but their offensive passive makes them more susceptible to damage. Your class is the only one that go so many straight damage buffs through skills: Blind, Breath of Heaven, Combination Strike, Conviction, and Deadly Reach (I might even be forgetting one). Barbs and DH's got the consequence free damage buffs from Passives: Ruthless, Weapon Master, Archery, Steady Aim, and Sharpshooter. In additon, Barbs get CC from Battle Rage, AS from Wrath, and damage buffs from Bash. So no, not every class has skills that buff their CC/CD/ or AS. Note that I did not mention enemy debuffs or party buffs, as that is not what the OP was trying to call attention to.
Yeah well d'oh, it scales with your AS and elemental damage, what's your point?

You're derailing this thread. Go here to discuss this:
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7415601873
I think you're forgetting that every single class in this game has skills to buff their CC/CHD/AS

No, WDs do not either. And our two offensive passives drains our resource to a high degree, or relies on kills (and therefore makes in useful only in lower MP or against trash). Wizards have a CC buff, like with Pinpoint in Energy Armor, but their offensive passive makes them more susceptible to damage. Your class is the only one that go so many straight damage buffs through skills: Blind, Breath of Heaven, Combination Strike, Conviction, and Deadly Reach (I might even be forgetting one). Barbs and DH's got the consequence free damage buffs from Passives: Ruthless, Weapon Master, Archery, Steady Aim, and Sharpshooter. In additon, Barbs get CC from Battle Rage, AS from Wrath, and damage buffs from Bash. So no, not every class has skills that buff their CC/CD/ or AS. Note that I did not mention enemy debuffs or party buffs, as that is not what the OP was trying to call attention to.

Great, WDs vs Monks - which class is a bigger loser ^^

Monks have exactly TWO (2) skills that buff our damage. What youre talking about is primary attack and passives, which I noted in OP I am not taking into consideration. Mantra does not increase paper DPS. WDs have Voodoo.
Edited by AdHoc#2426 on 1/16/2013 5:04 AM PST
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]