Diablo® III

The Importance of Amethyst and EHP in PvP

This sounds like a very effective combo, is it not?

I never lose. Well almost never, Nats Legacy DH's give me an even duel. Haunt is the big winner in PvP for sure. It follows the SS DH's
Reply Quote
01/16/2013 04:29 PMPosted by DarthSki44
This sounds like a very effective combo, is it not?

I never lose. Well almost never, Nats Legacy DH's give me an even duel. Haunt is the big winner in PvP for sure. It follows the SS DH's

Interesting. So in your opinion, does SS increase in effectiveness if a player has higher EHP?
Reply Quote
01/16/2013 04:35 PMPosted by Tango
Interesting. So in your opinion, does SS increase in effectiveness if a player has higher EHP?

Well the more EHP you have the better, however most DH's are geared not to be hit. Since haunt just follows them, they have to be perfect with their timing. And if they are not attacking, they are not winning.

But what happens, is if they get off a HA, and my horrify is down or I miss my SW, then they can get me. But with my HP and Armor and Jungle Fort passive, the damage has to be a major crit, over a million. So without bragging or anything, the only time I lose, is when a DH gets "lucky"

Edit- Not to mention my Spirit Vessel :) but it rarely gets used :p
Edited by DarthSki44#1684 on 1/16/2013 4:44 PM PST
Reply Quote
01/16/2013 04:40 PMPosted by DarthSki44

Well the more EHP you have the better, however most DH's are geared not to be hit. Since haunt just follows them, they have to be perfect with their timing. And if they are not attacking, they are not winning.

But what happens, is if they get off a HA, and my horrify is down or I miss my SW, then they can get me. But with my HP and Armor and Jungle Fort passive, the damage has to be a major crit, over a million. So without bragging or anything, the only time I lose, is when a DH gets "lucky"

Edit- Not to mention my Spirit Vessel :) but it rarely gets used :p

Ah DarthSki44, you do well at elaborating on your point. So tell me more, what happens with this "Haunt" if you were to fall?
Reply Quote
01/16/2013 04:47 PMPosted by Tango
Ah DarthSki44, you do well at elaborating on your point. So tell me more, what happens with this "Haunt" if you were to fall?

You know what, I'm not sure. I didn't really check to see if my Haunt was still searching while my SV went off. I will find out soon I'm sure lol
Reply Quote

You know what, I'm not sure. I didn't really check to see if my Haunt was still searching while my SV went off. I will find out soon I'm sure lol

DarthSki44,

Just when I thought you had the answer to all, let me help you out now. In the situation where you "haunt" is tracking and your life becomes exhausted, your "haunt" will exhaust to. Now pushing forward, when you face an SS DH, is it not the truth that this "haunt" of yours is what must lay rest to the DH because while SS is active you have found no other spell effective?
Edited by Tango#1860 on 1/16/2013 5:31 PM PST
Reply Quote
DarthSki44,

Just when I thought you had the answer to all, let me help you out now. In the situation where you "haunt" is tracking and your life becomes exhausted, your "haunt" will exhaust to. Now pushing forward, when you face an SS DH, is it not the truth that this "haunt" of yours is what must lay rest to the DH because while SS is active you have found no other spell effective?

I'm not sure what your question is. Haunt is effective because it tracks. There are no other "effective" spells against SS from any class, they cannot be hit in that form. Haunt works as it expires.
Reply Quote
I assure you that your answer is correct and this point I am sure you are wondering why I have asked you so many questions. DarthSki44, I have only used you to show others why I, and other smart DH's do not have EHP gear

We have discussed that EHP helps but has no influence on SS, therefore if DH can swing perma SS it would render EHP pointless. We Have also discussed the need for high damage output to cut down defensive toons like yourself. We have outlined the ineffectiveness of all spells except for the WD's "haunt", but even that can be dealt with if the WD can be cut down fast enough.

It is now that I would like to close the matter, give thanks for your cooperation, and repost my well defended point

01/16/2013 02:37 PMPosted by Tango
EHP blows anyways, keep the fight short
Edited by Tango#1860 on 1/16/2013 6:18 PM PST
Reply Quote
I assure you that your answer is correct and this point I am sure you are wondering why I have asked you so many questions. DarthSki44, I have only used you to show others why I, and other smart DH's do not have EHP gear

We have discussed that EHP helps but has no influence on SS, therefore if DH can swing perma SS it would render EHP pointless. We Have also discussed the need for high damage output to cut down defensive toons like yourself. We have outlined the ineffectiveness of all spells except for the WD's "haunt", but even that can be dealt with if the WD can be cut down fast enough.

It is now that I would like to close the matter, give thanks for your cooperation, and repost my well defended point

EHP blows anyways, keep the fight short

EHP helps the WD not the DH. Derp
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]