Diablo® III

Seems like i am going to be playing Diablo 3 for years.

Right now i'm taking a break from this game, and am playing through TL2. (yeah i know TL2? really, your bit late, and why do i care?) Torchlight Is only better in ONE way more things to do with items. The skill system is about the same, Just one has the Illusion of more customization, but has more Prof of concept when making a char out of that tree, so A huge amount more rewarding when a build works. But alas every thing is better than any other action Rogue like.

Really I think after 1.0.7 really hits I think this game will be the best Diablo clone ever,
as well as a few more content updates. glad that the crafting system is taking away the crying need to use the auction house. Its sad but BoA is whats needed. Even Jay wilson in his apology to the community said he did not know all the negative effects of the RMAH, and Auction house. and he is thinking of a way to make them less important with out getting rid of them.

I kept on liking this game, since launch, really confused why people love to bash it, rough launch? Well that's the past and not the present. Really as this game was from a week after launch has been great!

To me BoA, is blizzard making it KNOWN that This game is not all about the money. Like some people think.

All this game is doing is razing the bar, though torchlight 2 was close when this game launched, There is a gap that is growing, and it is in favor of D3

Man this game takes a lot of trashing, when it is a good game, every day i think about Diablo 3 and it's community, = MIND BLOWN im not kidding. Im going to be playing this game off and on for years.
Reply Quote
TL2 will be much better than D3 once GUTS, their editing tool, is finally released.
Even without Guts, someone has already have released mods for Arena pvp...
Reply Quote
You will get through about 25 hours of TL2, and then you will return.
Reply Quote
I think if this game came out years ago, I would be playing it for years, but there is so much good stuff out there now, it would be very hard to get a mainstream playerbase for a long period of time. It needs a much stronger social component to get an in game community.
Reply Quote
01/16/2013 03:47 PMPosted by DarthSki44

only to leave again...
Reply Quote

I was around 40..... :P

As mentioned above, TL2's editing tools should create a strong player base. Communities often pump out awesome stuff developers would never dream of. Not that I blame developers. How many people officially work on a game compared to the hundreds of thousands of players that mod it?
Reply Quote
View profile

If that much .

I've tried the demo, and while a decent overall game and no doubt a substantial investment in it for the team, I find it difficult sometimes to even known where Im going because of the artwork and of course, the top down view. I"ts just not done well to see 'slopes'. I never have that problem, in all the hours I"ve put in here with D3 , or really any other game(s).

I have no intention of struggling that way to play a game. I have no such issues in D3.

I think D3 left out a editor, because they didn't want to contaminate the high quality 'commecial' art and gameplay with what is so often , sub-standard mod content.

If you look back on NWN mod content, its clear to see that this is about right. There were some decent things, but overall imho anyway, not that much to bother with.

IT takes alot of investment of talent and time and often money , to put out anything worthy of the time by players.

PLUS, it depends on the quality of the EDITOR. Anyone ever try putting together anything with the one done by titan quest ? That was a nightmare. I could only hope for those making content, that TL's editor is 'half' as good as nwn's Aurora.

cu ;)
caJAI
Edited by cajunctionAI#1755 on 1/16/2013 3:57 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
I'll add my drop of pity to the pool, I guess.
Reply Quote
nobody cares about TL2, that game is dead!
Reply Quote
01/16/2013 03:57 PMPosted by VLADIMIR
nobody cares about TL2, that game is dead!

ever watched zombie strippers ? they might be dead but would be way more entertaining than this alive Gurl we got here that takes all our time and gives us nothing.
Reply Quote
Im at 21 hrs, at the beginning middle of Act 3, so far it is enjoyable. But i do not think the game is worth any further investment, passed a few random gold bought dungeons. And the editor is one of the reasons, with the servers that allow the editor, there will be no reason to even compete and gloat about the best gear. Also there should be a full respec that does not flag your char, to me that is fail game design coming from D3. Because why on earth would i want to have more than one Embermage to spice things up and go through the leveling process again? Though the game is well worth the 20, it shows why Diablo 3 is a 60 dollar game. One advances the genre, the other (TL2) does not. really the only 2 advanced things the game offers is.

1.) Dungeons have a proper end boss to each of them, not just a basic elite.
2.) There is more things to do with items.
A.) enchanting is done well
B.) socketing is done better
C.) Itemization, affixes that items have are a little better.
Just because, On lower quality items cool affixes are not lame, They have this games
legendary effects on them.
*there is still flaws too though, Most of the affixes are really really redundant, and
even be repeated. with what there is, the affixes seem to be way less polished,
although more interesting at lower quality tiers (this games Rares)*
Edited by Gunghoe#1987 on 1/16/2013 4:15 PM PST
Reply Quote
01/16/2013 03:47 PMPosted by Goodbrew
I think if this game came out years ago, I would be playing it for years, but there is so much good stuff out there now, it would be very hard to get a mainstream playerbase for a long period of time. It needs a much stronger social component to get an in game community.

this.
im saddened @ the small in game community.....:c
Reply Quote

this.
im saddened @ the small in game community.....:c
Hmm i fail to see the size of the community as small, I get into a game any act difficulty, and i'm sure soon MP I will get a full game with in seconds. you just might not like talking, some people are really cool to meet and talk to, you should try it. also many others just play this game as a single player game, and treat it as such. The hard core gaming community in this game and all games are rather small. Compared to the mainstream community, that usually just play any game, no matter how replayable it is, will only go through it once. even if it is co-op. If you play Civilization V, you'd be suprized that it some times ranks Steams 3rd most played games, most of the time the top Five yet only a hand full of online games are played.
Edited by Gunghoe#1987 on 1/16/2013 4:22 PM PST
Reply Quote
01/16/2013 03:39 PMPosted by Gunghoe
To me BoA, is blizzard making it KNOWN that This game is not all about the money

I see BoA crafting as something useless to players and blizz is using it to temporarely raise the value of gold
Reply Quote
To me BoA, is blizzard making it KNOWN that This game is not all about the money

I see BoA crafting as something useless to players and blizz is using it to temporarely raise the value of gold
Are you kidding me? Selling gold selling at a higher price is not that big a deal. If i where blizzard, and wanted to make money... I would have made sure no new items where EVER bind on account. so they sell for the hundreds of dollars the first few days and i get a big cut with each sold. Really the spike in gold that will happen will not be as dramatic as you would hope, to replace item selling as the higher source of income for a patch.

Well that's what i guess, If i had the same charts that the business side of blizzard has, i could tell you more accurately. But really i think New items being on the Real money auction house would sell more than Gold being more useful. Any way, also more items on the Gold auction house would be important to selling gold, because the most valuable items are on the Gold auction house. because Items can sell for gold at a 500 dollars, and the Real one can only be 250. And that is at the bottom the gold can be priced for. a quarter for a million gold.

So any new reason, for people to buy loads of gold, for items makes more since than buying for an in game system such as random crafting. you could buy the item you want, or gamble and hope for the item you want. No one buys gold to gamble, at least me. (though i would never buy gold in any game ever, not even a free to play game.)

Which comes round circle for my point, New better items are and will always be more lucrative than a spike in gold price by it self. because New items to sell, and a gold spike that comes along side it will be better than just a gold spike.
Edited by Gunghoe#1987 on 1/16/2013 4:38 PM PST
Reply Quote
01/16/2013 04:36 PMPosted by Gunghoe
Selling gold selling at a higher price is not that big a deal

No but not being able to sell gold at all is

Think now if gold was unsellable for the next 6 months, it would no longer have any value.

-the GAH would die no more 15% gold sink helping it retain value
-No gold sales on the RMAH (probably 60%+ of its sales)
-small % of players would still buy items for $
-majority would trade with new currency probably jsp forum gold or gems

01/16/2013 04:36 PMPosted by Gunghoe
If i where blizzard, and wanted to make money... I would have made sure no new items where EVER bind on account

I think you give these "new" items too much credit they are basically just rares, when was the last time you rolled trifectas worth 200m? its going to be the same. Blizzard knows the items that people want are high-perfect rolled legends and sets, thats what they make their money on that and gold.
Edited by iwonsch#1358 on 1/16/2013 5:26 PM PST
Reply Quote
TL2 will be much better than D3 once GUTS, their editing tool, is finally released.
Even without Guts, someone has already have released mods for Arena pvp...

this is why i prefer d3, hate all these editing stuff.
torchlight 2 is alright tho!
Reply Quote
01/16/2013 03:55 PMPosted by cajunctionAI

If that much .

I've tried the demo, and while a decent overall game and no doubt a substantial investment in it for the team, I find it difficult sometimes to even known where Im going because of the artwork and of course, the top down view. I"ts just not done well to see 'slopes'. I never have that problem, in all the hours I"ve put in here with D3 , or really any other game(s).

I have no intention of struggling that way to play a game. I have no such issues in D3.

I think D3 left out a editor, because they didn't want to contaminate the high quality 'commecial' art and gameplay with what is so often , sub-standard mod content.

If you look back on NWN mod content, its clear to see that this is about right. There were some decent things, but overall imho anyway, not that much to bother with.

IT takes alot of investment of talent and time and often money , to put out anything worthy of the time by players.

PLUS, it depends on the quality of the EDITOR. Anyone ever try putting together anything with the one done by titan quest ? That was a nightmare. I could only hope for those making content, that TL's editor is 'half' as good as nwn's Aurora.

cu ;)
caJAI

on behalf of the community please go away your an idiot here's your $5 dollars please leave.
Reply Quote

I think more than that but I agree.

T2 is a great game, but, to me, and I can't quite put my finger on it, it doesn't have longevity.

Nice to have all the goodies D3 is missing (wepaon swap, travel between acts, lots of socketables etc) but, the game cant be my "main game."
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]