Diablo® III

Seven Years in Sanctuary

Just my thought on why I don't play D3 anymore
-------------

I stopped playing in September.
I was awoken by the news Jay wilson had left.

Bland, boring, no diversity, lack of character development, childish graphics/storyline/bosses, lack of the dark gothic feel of diablo.
Patches, patches, patches and the game still isnt finished, still doesnt work.

Poor insight from blizzard and the whole develpoment of D3 is a diaster, lack of blizzards admittance the game is a failure.

From drunkie
the problem is they called it diablo3 an marketed to the diablo fans. this is not a diablo game. watching the videos of d3 from when it was announced in 08 that looked so much better then this failure of a game. this is just a bad game. we expected a game that improved on d2. fixed the problems d2 had an make the good parts even better. what we got was a total do over keeping nothing. they didn't even learn from the mistakes of d2. they just made a whole new game . this is baby wow not diablo3

This sums up the whole aspect of the divided hatred for this game.
You alienate the last two diablo games and wonder why the consumers are upset.

The expansion pack will be a failure, built on the rotten core of d3.
The rmah has no place in diablo 3.

The lack of a general lobby where players can meet and chat is missing.
Killing cain.
The pony level ???? Im not 5yrs old ffs. We want cows !!!
The lack of random maps.
The game is best left to fade away.

Only a total re-write and new development (call it D4) will bring my custom back.
I will not buy another blizzard game again, I will definatley not pre-order.

The best thing blizzard can do is for the time being is to upgrade D2 and start developing D4.

Never has a game left me with such distaste, and hatred.
D3 is an embarrassing epic failure. Not worth the diablo name.

We think alike. D3 is a failure
Reply Quote
This thread saddens me greatly. I know that the Battle.net forums have earned a reputation for rough justice, but I do not believe justice is being served by how people are speaking about Jay’s departure from Diablo III.

I am very proud of the Diablo franchise and what the team was able to accomplish with Diablo III. As a gamer I have enjoyed the game and played for many, many nights with friends and family. I’m not, however, going to use that as an excuse. The Diablo community deserves an even better game from Blizzard and we are committed to improving it. We have a talented team in place and have no intention of stopping work on Diablo III until it is the best game in the franchise.

I’m the only person in this thread who has actually worked with Jay. I hired Jay to head up the Diablo project and had the pleasure of getting to work with him, both in building the team and designing the game. He has great design instincts and has added so much to the franchise with his feel for visceral combat, boss battles, and an unparalleled knack for making it fun to smash bad guys. I’ve worked with many, many designers at Blizzard and Jay is one of the best. He has a great career at Blizzard ahead of him and I guarantee that you will enjoy Jay’s game designs in future Blizzard games.

If you love Diablo as much as we do, then please continue to let us know how you feel we can improve the game. If you still feel the need to dish out blame, then I would prefer you direct it at me. I was the executive producer on the project; I hired Jay and I gave him advice and direction throughout the development process. I was ultimately responsible for the game we released and take full responsibility for the quality of the result.

Who the hell are you?

The fact that no one has a clue as to who you are other than what we are told under your image name speaks volumes about the problems going on around here.

Um sorry Mr. 2k elite kills.

A lot of people, who are actually fans of Blizzard Entertainment, know who Rob Pardo is.

He is kind of a big deal.
Reply Quote
This thread is amazing !
Reply Quote
This thread saddens me greatly. I know that the Battle.net forums have earned a reputation for rough justice, but I do not believe justice is being served by how people are speaking about Jay’s departure from Diablo III.

I am very proud of the Diablo franchise and what the team was able to accomplish with Diablo III. As a gamer I have enjoyed the game and played for many, many nights with friends and family. I’m not, however, going to use that as an excuse. The Diablo community deserves an even better game from Blizzard and we are committed to improving it. We have a talented team in place and have no intention of stopping work on Diablo III until it is the best game in the franchise.

Rob, Diablo III is an embarassment. I bought Blizzard games on day one because I trusted Blizzard. You even cancelled entire games because they were not ready. That earned my trust. All my trust was lost when I bought this abomination of a game. This is an embarassment of a game and Jay Wilson and yourself should be ashamed. This is not the Blizzard of old. Shameful really.
Reply Quote
Ill never buy a blizzard game day 1 ever again thanks to your development team's ideas on what is fun and creative.
Reply Quote
01/18/2013 05:40 PMPosted by ManolisC
Jay could have played it safe but he didn't. The decisions were not only bold but progressed the genre

This is exactly what went down in the development of Diablo 3. Blizzard wanted to make a similar game to previous Diablo titles, but push the envelope - give it something different to make the game stand out as a (new) Blizzard title.

It would have been ridiculously easy to release Diablo 2 with fancy new artwork and a shinier coat of paint, but Blizzard instead decided to take it in a completely different direction. Unfortunately, it seems that a lot of people wanted exactly that though, Diablo 2 with updated graphics.

In addition, those same people also have come to expect basic rules that make an RPG, an RPG -- if you don't believe me, look at the constant moaning about automated stats and no skill trees. Blizzard was not only trying to progress the Diablo franchise, but also the entire RPG genre.

This is also exactly what they did to the MMO genre, if you haven't heard.

Purists will hate it, criticize it, but play it anyway. New gamers, or at least, new to the genre, will probably fall in love with it and play it for years. Just like we did with D2.

I don't mind D3, I think its a better game than what it was, and I have bright hopes for the future.
Edited by Fenyx#1622 on 1/19/2013 11:51 AM PST
Reply Quote
its about items in d3 ,and Magic Prefixes and Suffixes
can anyone translate in english?
my english is not good enough to type this in english

diablo3是很好的遊戲
對比起diablo2
有進步的地方,也有退步的地方
技能系統就是很大的進步
我個人非常喜歡這新的技能系統
可是,diablo3的裝備系統就完全比不上diablo2了
我來解釋一下為什麼d3的裝備系統不好
首先,d3有用的裝備詞綴太少
一件黃裝最多有6個詞綴
而(正確)的詞綴就只有很少
主屬性,體,全抗,攻速,爆率,爆傷,護甲,洞,生命%,跑速
而d2(正確)的詞綴有:準確率,%準確率,護甲,%護甲,+傷害,+%傷害+準確和%傷害混合+所有技能等級,洞,主屬性,毒素持續時間減少,無法冰凍,偷血,偷法力,全抗,物理傷害減少%,攻速,fcr,fhr,fbr,需求減少(d2的需求減少是有用的屬性,而d3相反),無法破壞(同上),自動回復耐久度(同上),+生命,+生命%,元素吸收,元素吸收%,提高元素技能傷害%,壓碎機率,撕開傷口機率,致命機率,跑速,減少目標防禦%等等
從結果來說
d2的(極品)裝備跟d3的(極品)完全不一樣
d2的極品,可能會出現2件用部位,但所有詞綴都完全不一樣的極品
這更有利於多元化的玩法
而d3的(極品),就只是2件詞綴一樣的裝在比數值大小
而且d3的裝備,主屬性重要性太高
像是a裝備有100力,b裝備有150力,所以b裝備比較好
這樣一點都不有趣啊
有很簡單的解決方法:
就是加入更多有用的詞綴,還有就是把主屬性設一個上限
還有就是詞綴屬性數值上限的問題
d2的詞綴,有一部分是有屬性上限的詞綴
例如:全抗,壓碎,撕開,致命,元素吸收%,毒素持續時間減少,無法冰凍
還有就是像fcr,fhr,fbr這種:多一點無用,少一點不夠的屬性
像是d2的法師,fcr105%>200%
超過105的fcr,而又不夠200,是完全沒用的
所以玩家就要取捨:我是要堆到200fcr,還是105fcr,省下的詞綴用來堆其他數值
你們不覺得很好玩嗎?
這才叫cool啊!
我明白,這種多一點無用,少一點不行的屬性是當年遊戲技術上的問題才會無意中出現的
現在也不可能有這種屬性
可是折衝一點,多弄一些有上限的詞綴應該也會很有趣
像是冷卻時間減少%,技能消耗減少%,擊中時有機率扣目標%血,無視目標護甲%,無視目標抗性%,fhr,fbr,(d3人物被打有沒有硬直時間我不敢肯定,可是閃躲,格擋都有硬直時間,應該是可以加入這種屬性的吧,雖然我不了解技術上是否可行)
d2的護身符(charm)
來到d3,沒有了
應該是想在資料片推出吧
符文組之類應該也是

不得不一提的就是d2在1.10後推出的新符文組
使人物可以使用其他職業的技能
其實d3也可以參考一下
例如一件傳奇裝備上有一個詞綴:使你可以使用暴風雪
當一個野蠻人裝備了這件裝備後,6個技能中其中一個就可以換成暴風雪,當然也要變成消耗怒氣
又或是:使你可以使用魔法飛彈
野蠻人裝備了這件裝備後,6個技能中其中一個就可以換成魔法飛彈,這魔法飛彈也會產生怒氣
被動技能也是一樣
這樣就會產生出無數的新build

d3的寶石,其實就只是堆主屬性
堆一個沒有上限,但非常重要的數值
其實是很悶的
希望 寶石(gems)跟符文可以回歸
藍色的 寶石(gems),1-2個詞綴,數值比較高
黃色的 寶石(gems),4-6個詞綴,數值比較低
意思就是最高級的詞綴只限藍色,黃色是次一級的
例如:藍色最完美的詞綴是+10%爆率
黃色只有+6%
而符文就是傳奇 寶石(gems),只有一個詞綴
就是特別的,一般裝備上沒有的詞綴

以上,我從d3出來時就在想
我不是在說d3比不上d2
但d3不是完美的
d2也不是完美的
d2比d3好的其實只有裝備系統
我是誠心想d3好才打這一大堆字
排版也完全不會
希望設計師或是有心人可以一起討論

Reply Quote
Jay Wilson faced one of the most difficult comunities to deal with and did set the roots of a game that can become epic. Maybe some of you remember how was D2 before the expansion and after the expansion, well I think same will happen here.

If you don't like the game don't play it. Simple as that. But I have to say it's a huge pain to see QQ everywhere on this forums. To Jay Wilson good luck.
Reply Quote
This is sad topic and sad day.
All started that day when Mike announced D3, i can still remember I had chills going down my spine when I heard that music:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZNIGZsfNw7Q

Then I in my wildest dreams I couldn't expect few years later I will be writing in such a thread saying - guys you didn't deliver and I feel so dissapointed.

With Jay's departure seems like D3 reach it's bottom. Patches released till this day didn't bring me back to this game. Vast majority of them changed/added stuff I didn't really care about. Now some would say it's over - game mechanics (ah, skills system, items, lack of skill tree, manually changed basic stats, lack of runewords, story) are broken and there is nothing much you can do with it. I still have a hope. If the new guy comes with fresh mind and lot of new ideas maybe all this can be reversed and, as an expansion, I will get a game I was hoping for.

It might be rude, but I don't regret Jay Willson was removed/resigned from his position. And it's not about D3 - everyone can make mistakes. It's about this famous "$#@ that looser". He shouldn't have said that even if Diablo 3 was a straight flush, but then he already knew, Diablo 3 was a pair of queens at most...

I blindly bought SC2 and Diablo 3 because it was Blizzard who made these games. Now as an result of all this i won't blindly buy another game from you guys. It starts with HotS.
Reply Quote
actually I am still sad. I'd rather have a proper diablo3 than someone leave who should not have made the game in the first place. It is clear now the diablo series died the day the original diablo dev team left, the replacement couldn't have cut it with or without listening to the community. developers should make the game, we ply it. if the game does not live up to its expectations the team just did not cut it.

just a bunch of random people who were allowed to put the name diablo on the box.
while its great news mr wilson left diablo is still ruined
Reply Quote

diablo3是很好的遊戲
對比起diablo2
有進步的地方,也有退步的地方
技能系統就是很大的進步
我個人非常喜歡這新的技能系統
可是,diablo3的裝備系統就完全比不上diablo2了
我來解釋一下為什麼d3的裝備系統不好
首先,d3有用的裝備詞綴太少
一件黃裝最多有6個詞綴
而(正確)的詞綴就只有很少
主屬性,體,全抗,攻速,爆率,爆傷,護甲,洞,生命%,跑速
而d2(正確)的詞綴有:準確率,%準確率,護甲,%護甲,+傷害,+%傷害+準確和%傷害混合+所有技能等級,洞,主屬性,毒素持續時間減少,無法冰凍,偷血,偷法力,全抗,物理傷害減少%,攻速,fcr,fhr,fbr,需求減少(d2的需求減少是有用的屬性,而d3相反),無法破壞(同上),自動回復耐久度(同上),+生命,+生命%,元素吸收,元素吸收%,提高元素技能傷害%,壓碎機率,撕開傷口機率,致命機率,跑速,減少目標防禦%等等
從結果來說
d2的(極品)裝備跟d3的(極品)完全不一樣
d2的極品,可能會出現2件用部位,但所有詞綴都完全不一樣的極品
這更有利於多元化的玩法
而d3的(極品),就只是2件詞綴一樣的裝在比數值大小
而且d3的裝備,主屬性重要性太高
像是a裝備有100力,b裝備有150力,所以b裝備比較好
這樣一點都不有趣啊
有很簡單的解決方法:
就是加入更多有用的詞綴,還有就是把主屬性設一個上限
還有就是詞綴屬性數值上限的問題
d2的詞綴,有一部分是有屬性上限的詞綴
例如:全抗,壓碎,撕開,致命,元素吸收%,毒素持續時間減少,無法冰凍
還有就是像fcr,fhr,fbr這種:多一點無用,少一點不夠的屬性
像是d2的法師,fcr105%>200%
超過105的fcr,而又不夠200,是完全沒用的
所以玩家就要取捨:我是要堆到200fcr,還是105fcr,省下的詞綴用來堆其他數值
你們不覺得很好玩嗎?
這才叫cool啊!
我明白,這種多一點無用,少一點不行的屬性是當年遊戲技術上的問題才會無意中出現的
現在也不可能有這種屬性
可是折衝一點,多弄一些有上限的詞綴應該也會很有趣
像是冷卻時間減少%,技能消耗減少%,擊中時有機率扣目標%血,無視目標護甲%,無視目標抗性%,fhr,fbr,(d3人物被打有沒有硬直時間我不敢肯定,可是閃躲,格擋都有硬直時間,應該是可以加入這種屬性的吧,雖然我不了解技術上是否可行)
d2的護身符(charm)
來到d3,沒有了
應該是想在資料片推出吧
符文組之類應該也是

不得不一提的就是d2在1.10後推出的新符文組
使人物可以使用其他職業的技能
其實d3也可以參考一下
例如一件傳奇裝備上有一個詞綴:使你可以使用暴風雪
當一個野蠻人裝備了這件裝備後,6個技能中其中一個就可以換成暴風雪,當然也要變成消耗怒氣
又或是:使你可以使用魔法飛彈
野蠻人裝備了這件裝備後,6個技能中其中一個就可以換成魔法飛彈,這魔法飛彈也會產生怒氣
被動技能也是一樣
這樣就會產生出無數的新build

d3的寶石,其實就只是堆主屬性
堆一個沒有上限,但非常重要的數值
其實是很悶的
希望 寶石(gems)跟符文可以回歸
藍色的 寶石(gems),1-2個詞綴,數值比較高
黃色的 寶石(gems),4-6個詞綴,數值比較低
意思就是最高級的詞綴只限藍色,黃色是次一級的
例如:藍色最完美的詞綴是+10%爆率
黃色只有+6%
而符文就是傳奇 寶石(gems),只有一個詞綴
就是特別的,一般裝備上沒有的詞綴

以上,我從d3出來時就在想
我不是在說d3比不上d2
但d3不是完美的
d2也不是完美的
d2比d3好的其實只有裝備系統
我是誠心想d3好才打這一大堆字
排版也完全不會
希望設計師或是有心人可以一起討論

Sure I'll help you!

HE Said the following..

diablo3 good game
Compared diablo2
Progress, regress
Skill system is great progress
I personally like the new skills system
But diablo3 equipment system is completely not compare diablo2
I'll explain why poor d3 equipment systems
First of all, d3 useful equipment affixes too little
A yellow loading up to 6 affixes
(Right) affixes few
Main attributes, body, anti, IAS, burst rate, blast injury, Armor, hole, life% running speed
D2 (right) affixes: accuracy,% accuracy rate, Armor% armor, + damage, +% damage + accurate and hurt mixed + all skill levels, the hole, the main attribute, toxins duration reduce can not be frozen, blood steal, steal mana full anti% decrease in physical damage, attack speed, fcr, fhr, fbr, reduced demand (d2 reduced demand for useful properties, while d3 contrary), and can not be destroyed (ibid.), automatic Reply the Durability (ibid.), + Life + Life% absorption elements, elemental absorption% increase elemental skill damage% crushed probability tear wounds probability, the risk of deadly, running speed, reducing the target defense%, etc.
From the results
d2 (Need) equipped with d3 (Acura) is completely different
d2 Acura, may occur with parts of two, but all are completely different affixes Need
Which is more conducive to the diversification of play
D3 (Acura), just 2 affixes packed in than the magnitude
D3 equipment, the main attribute importance is too high
100 like a equipped force, b and equipment 150 force b equipment is better
Not funny ah
A very simple solution:
Is to join more useful affixes, there is the main attribute set an upper limit
There is a problem affixes attribute values ​​ceiling
d2 affixes part attributes ceiling affixes
Example: the whole anti-crushing, tearing, fatal element absorption%, reduce toxins duration, Can not Be Frozen
Fcr, fhr, fbr there is like this: a little more than useless, a little less is not enough property
Like d2 Master fcr105%> 200%
More than 105 fcr, but not enough 200 is completely useless
So players must make a choice: to heap to 200fcr, 105fcr savings affixes to heap the other values
You feel very fun?
Now that's cool, ah!
I understand this a little more than useless little less No attribute is when the game technically will inadvertently appear
Now there can be such a property
But diplomatic point should also be very interesting to get some more caps affixes
Like reduced cooling time%,% Skills consumption reduce probability buckle goal% blood ignore armor when hit%, ignoring the target resistance% fhr, fbr (d3 figures have been playing I dare not hard straight time sure, but Dodge, Block has a hard straight time, should be able to join such a property right, although I do not know whether it is technically feasible)
d2 amulet (charm)
Came to the d3, no
Should be introduced in the data sheet.
Rune group class should also be

Have to mention is d2 1.10 after the launch of the new Rune Group
People can use the skills of other professions
In fact, d3 can also refer to
On a legendary equipment affixes: you can use blizzard
When a after a barbarian equipped with this piece of equipment, the six skills one can be replaced by a blizzard, of course, they have to rage
Or: you can use magic missile
Barbarians equipped with this piece of equipment, six skill one can replace the magic missile, magic missile will generate anger
Passive skills are also the same
This will produce a myriad of new build

d3 gems actually just heap main attributes
Heap a ceiling, but a very important value
Boring
Precious stones (gems) with Rune regression
Affixes blue gems (gems) ,1-2, a relatively high value
Affix yellow stones (gems) ,4-6, the relatively low value
Means the most advanced affixes Only blue, yellow sub
For example: the most perfect blue affixes a burst rate of +10%
Yellow only +6%
Rune legendary gems (gems), only one affixes
Special general equipment affixes

D3 out above, I was thinking
I'm not saying d3 smaller than d2
D3 is not perfect.
the d2 not a perfect
d2 d3 good equipment systems
I sincerely want to d3 before playing a huge pile of words
The layout also completely not
Designer or caring people can discuss
Reply Quote
Diablo III is one of the most unappreciated games ever. The genius of it will be revealed in time. Thanks, and will will miss you Jay!

LMAO!!!

Hilarious stuff.
Reply Quote
I salute you Rob Pardo for your candor in this matter and I wanted to impart some of my thoughts on this game and your choice for Jay Wilson as game director. Rob here it is: You got it right with Jay Wilson....and I am dead serious. Jay made one of the best and most fun combat systems I have ever had the privledge of playing. I played Guild Wars hardcore (10k hours over 7 years) and I must say I have never once contemplated going into GW2 and yes I played the beta.

Jay took on an impossible job and did what any pioneer would do, which is blaze new trails in this genre while trying to remain vigilant of what D2 was about. I for one salute his efforts and hope he goes onto many more successful games, and yes this game is a remarkable success.

No matter what all these trolls and haters have been saying, this game is fun and fluid and keeps me playing everyday. I have lost no interest in this game after close to 2k hours and only rolling a DH. The fact of the matter is that with every game, the first 2 years the forums are full of haters trashing everything and anything about the game. Do not worry they will move to a new game soon enough and I for one can hardly wait to see this community reach its potential.

BEST of luck Jay and best of luck to you Mr. Pardo in finding a new GD and I have the utmost confidence in your teams ability to deliver. Take care and best of luck in this new year!!!
Reply Quote
errrr does that mean the update for 1.07 will be delayed :( until further notice when new guy will be taking over? :(
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]