oh please, monk skill buff is already terribly boring.
just some suggestions:
* mystic ally = mystic ally's generate spirit when they attack.
* tempest rush - generates spirit on crit (and otherwise doesn't cost any)
* dashing strike - generate spirit on crit (and otherwise doesn't cost any), allow it to break jailer, that way serenity can see a competitor. after all, with 34% move speed, you may not need serenity to escape frozen, so jailer is the only one that is inescapable without an escape skill. so a bit more variety might be nice.
* all current 4 spirit generators - generate massive amounts of spirit. eg: FOT generates 3 x more spirit than current. the rest generates 5x more spirit and on the 3rd strike a probability of full charge (eg: 50% chance of full spirit if you hit 3 enemies on your 3rd strike, otherwise 5% chance)
* 3rd strike of fist of thunder: the 3rd strike vortexes mobs in a 15 yd radius into its center.if you hit 3 mobs with it, you have a 20% chance PER second (thus doesn't scale with aps) of regaining all spirit
* 3rd strike of deadly reach leaves a wave of fire on the ground for 3 seconds. (like toc.) mobs caught in the holy flame suffer 10% dmg dot and receives 10% more dmg from all sources. if you hit 3 mobs with it, you have a 30% chance PER second (thus doesn't scale with aps) of regaining all spirit , otherwise 5% chance
* 3rd strike of crippling wave expels a wave of dread, it extends out to 40 yds for a 40yd width cone, if you hit 3 mobs with it, you have a 50% chance PER second (thus doesn't scale with aps) of regaining all spirit , otherwise 5% chance . all mobs caught in the cone suffer from 30% slow
* 3rd strike of wave of a thousand fists creates an 40ft aura around you. if you hit 5 mobs with it, you have a 30% chance PER second (thus doesn't scale with aps) of regaining all spirit , otherwise 5% chance . all mobs caught in the cone suffer from 10% dmg per second dot from all that bruising. you can gain loh from ticks.
* spirit spenders = lower the damage instead. instead make them more for cc, buffs. I rather infinite spam lower damage wave of light/cyclone strike than cast wave of light every 6 seconds.. heck you can even have some skills be LIFE spenders instead of spending spirit. remember, its fun to use skills constantly, its not fun to save skills/spirit to be used in "emergencies"
* if you want to go the nuke portion, then make 1 rune of wave of light constantly self spams for 6 seconds, so that it acts like an aoe turret that cyclonestrikes constantly while you go somewhere else. could be useful in pinning uber magda somewhere, while you go res your team mates. hah
* you can alter life on spirit spent, but then again maybe not, in light with all the changes above, OWE may not be relevant with a huge vit pool. by the way, OWE is "mandatory" because its kind of a cheap way to gain resist, I'm pretty sure you don't have to do anything about it, eventually once everyone hits plvl 100, you either change out of owe gear to gain dps or something else. or simply add a few more better passives, that will negate owe, because really, all your other passives are rubbish : combination strike = rubbish for example)
* really reduce of the cd on blinding flash (4-8 secs), lashing tail kick(2 secs) and inner sanctuary (2 secs).
* inner sanctuary is really stupid. change it to something like big bang voodoo . (eg: inner sanctuary gives massive spirit regen (400%) and reflects projectiles and silences enemies in the area of effect), change radius to 40 yds.) even wizard's slow time is far more useful than inner sanctuary. it shouldn't even have a cd (or 4 seconds at max) its such a silly skill at current cos it plays keepaway which is excellent for the monk's superior range attacks...lol
* all exploding palm runes should be an aoe 20 yd burst that affects everything, having to dot each and every mob is really stupid for so little returns. (not withstanding essence burn)
it should also have a passive eg: 10% more dmg taken from all sources during the dot period (like conflagration).
* SSS = no cd. spirit cost is sufficiently penalising.
* monks really like have 1 cc skill.. you really should look into other things to boost that (eg: let sss stun, let lashing tail kick scorpion sting stun be part of the skill itself and change that rune,
* sweeping wind: increase the duration before requiring recasts (like 5 minutes). simply give a bonus when you recast/refresh just like mantras. (its really a quality of life thing for low level farming where you may not need the bonus. the recast can be a spirit spender for your nuke damage, that way you can have your other skills like wave of light and cyclone strike being cheap repeatable spammable skills with low dmg but for cc reasons, and you can have sweeping wind as nukes on cast/recast. eg: 777% dmg on cast in a 20 yd radius nuke consuming 50 spirit) but then you have to change your inna's set bonus., or add in a caveat, this effect can only happen once every 5 seconds)
* guiding light - making it work while solo
* pacifism - make it give you 40% cc reduction as well (or 40%-80% chance to ignore a cc attack). thats hardly overpowering considering that the time you spend NOT under cc, you don't get the damage reduction. pls note barbs get 100% immunity to cc (do this, and you see ppl give up OWE)
* mantra of retribution is purely lacklustre. give it the storm armor effect as well. (ie: while not reflecting, it still does an attack by itself) - ps: did you guys have some build in mind where someone uses mantra of retribution, , pacifism and afk mobs to death?
* beacon of ytar - its pretty useless considering the only skills people use it to bring off cd that are actually useful is blinding strike and serenity. if you do take the suggestion of reducing cds on other skills, then beacon of ytar should be changed. eg: doubles all healing abilities, gains 10% dps, 15% hp and 1.5% lifesteal
* combination strike - each time you spend 50 spirit, you gain a 5% dps/hp buff that lasts for 25 seconds, you can stack up to 5 buffs.
* the guardians path - spend 50% of spirit cost as HP. a guardian must be prepared to accept martydom
Edited by chrisloup#6305 on 1/14/2013 11:42 PM PST