Diablo® III

Monks Skill damage buff is overwhelming 1.07(?)

You want balance?

Let's see you use a barbarian, let's nerf barbarians and every class will be on equal grounds. Oh is that too much for you? Then shut up

Shut your hole.
Reply Quote
explosive light is pretty amazing.
good to see some monk skills getting a buff.

Explosive Light is the only usable animation of WoL (because it's quick), but I don't find it very useful because, if I remember correctly how it works, it sends out 10(?) beams and you damage only enemies hit by them. If enemies are near the edge of the screen it's easier to miss than to hit them.

In my opinion, these changes may let monks swap 1 or at best 2 of their skills in higher MPs (or MPs they're not geared to farm) where battles take so long that you don't have to be afraid of remaining without spirit at the end of any fight.

For the build diversity, though, this changes nothing because those spirit spenders really spend too much spirit... :)
Reply Quote
View profile
Just read off DiabloFans about sneaks of the up coming patch.

Monk right now already has the highest attack power when spending resource. I agree that the cost for their skills is high compare to other class where you must use up 1/2 of your base resource but they also got a +100 to resource. To make up for that high cost.

NO other class has a resource spender that does 566% per hit. Oh, if you think "Rend" and "Exploding Palm" you are wrong, those are DoT attacks so they never get 700% per second, they get 700% per attack. Now, Wall of Light get buff from 566% to 1202%. What's with this damage... Other skills that use up 1/2 base resource, ie Cluster Arrow (Loaded for Bear) does 304%, Meteor (Molten Impact) does 390%. btw all these skills have a AoE so this is a joke right. We all need to play Monk so we can experience super critical without decent gears.

The next skill if the change is true than blizz is out of your mind. I always thought it will get nerfed, but no its buffed. Exploding Palm damage on death 30% to 50% of the target's
"maximum Life". Has anyone not seem this effect on high MP uber or elites. Right now you kill one the other one just dies if they are close by. From 30% to 50% means its much less work to kill them... I don't need to explain myself here do I...

Getting buff is nice, but please have balance. You don't want to buff every single class do you? I think Blizz you need to talk to your Diablo 3 developer again. This time no coffee, alcohol, and no meals. Drink water and talk...

Are you serious?!?!? Wave of light is getting that high of a buff? Hell yes! I'm totally building my bell spammin monk again and it's gonna be so fun :D

Stunlock + 3 hits per bell with the spirit reduced to 45 spirit + the 15 spirit per crit with fists of thunder and you have full spirit regen in a few attacks and loads of bells with some life on spirit spent and life steal :D I was slammmig down whole elite packs with 1 full bar of spirit on mp5 with bad items so the dmg buff n better items now with my gold pile should be good
Edited by plouyd#1632 on 1/15/2013 3:27 AM PST
Reply Quote
4 Worgen Warrior
What about a rune for Tempest Rush that acts like a dial, with spirit regen on one side and life steal on the other? This way gear can vary and can be compinsated by moving the dial one way or the other? I don't know what the numbers could be but say something like 3.00 LS on the far right and 2.4 spirit regen on the other.
Reply Quote
I have not read any of the notes yet but I will say that what kills almost all the spirit spenders for me is not the cost or the damage but the knockback. I need to hit the monsters to regen spirit and loh/ls and that is impossible if I keep knocking them away. One rune with knockback would be ok for some of them but it's on almost everything and its useless in group runs and annoying when solo.
Lashing tail kick would be a fun skill to use, but it sends everything flying, wave of light with stun is great but still knocks all but the big elites and bosses away which means you have to dodge molten trails again to get back to them.
Get rid of knockback and lower the spirit cost of these skills and they will be useful, otherwise buffing damage solves nothing.
Reply Quote
Of course Monk players will flame this thread, but i agree the monk buffs will make them the best PvP char in game... imagine all that DODGE + DAMAGE = PvP Domination

This is why i have been saving my gold and not spending any real money until PvP is out.... when i find out how pvp works and whats best for it or what char is best then i shall spend to build a dominating pvp char.
Edited by NeLLy#1854 on 1/15/2013 4:09 AM PST
Reply Quote
01/15/2013 04:08 AMPosted by NeLLy
Of course Monk players will flame this thread, but i agree the monk buffs will make them the best PvP char in game... imagine all that DODGE + DAMAGE = PvP Domination
Monk already was the best single target char, even without these buffs.

But this is mainly a PvE game, most of the players don't give a damn about PvP... and it goes without saying that when PvP will be finally released (not talking about this arena in 1.0.7) skills will be tweaked accordingly.
Edited by Deus#2622 on 1/15/2013 4:12 AM PST
Reply Quote
01/15/2013 04:12 AMPosted by Deus
But this is mainly a PvE game, most of the players don't give a damn about PvP

haha, this is not mainly a PvE game... it can be for you but for many others its a PvE+PvP game... you farm the game in order to build your char to duel evantually. Even you will end up dueling later on with your friends.

Diablo game = Building characters by farming Levels, Items, gold in order to aquire a good geared character to duel people for fun in the end, there is not enough content to keep you happy with just PvE...
Edited by NeLLy#1854 on 1/15/2013 4:17 AM PST
Reply Quote
every single human being that plays diablo gives a whole lot of damn for pvp
Reply Quote
I probably will PvP a few times, but I just don't care about it.

I don't need to swing my e-peen. I'm happy with farming and getting my chars to MP10.

PvP in Diablo bears absolutely no meaning, there are PvP games that actually cater to the skills of players like LoL, DotA or HoN.

Diablo is just a gearcheck.

01/15/2013 04:22 AMPosted by Enzo
every single human being that plays diablo gives a whole lot of damn for pvp
I must not be human, then.
Edited by Deus#2622 on 1/15/2013 4:24 AM PST
Reply Quote
01/15/2013 04:23 AMPosted by Deus
I must not be human, then.

yeah you could be an alien. i don't know for sure
Reply Quote
01/14/2013 11:27 PMPosted by KirusAlufras
NO other class has a resource spender that does 566% per hit.

Sacrifice can do 1100% damage.

Zombie Bears can do 708% damage.
Reply Quote
@OP...Don't forget they are planning on nerfing or removing the ability for people to exploit the snapshot mechanic of sweeping wind. That was the only way decently geared monks could solo MP10. Yet, apparently blizz thinks it's ok that barbs could solo mp 10 with 50mil in gear. With infinite WotB while WWing with 12.0 LS and never coming close to being CC'd and never worry about dying...
Reply Quote
LOL at people thinking monks are OP. buffing DMG on non-used spirit spenders is not a direct Monk buff. Until the spirit costs are addressed cookie cutter will remain end game spec. All the gimmicky spirit spenders will be used primarily by monks on their first leveling playthrough.
Reply Quote
This is what's wrong with most people here,
You guys always have to b1tch about how powerful other characters are.

I''m glad they decided to buff monk and wiz,
Do i think wall of light is op with 1200% dmg? YES!
Do i want blizz to reduce the number to 600%? HELL NO!

I play all 5 character and being powerful is FUN in an Action RPG game.

Now go b1tch about how weak your toons are instead of asking for a nerf and hope blizz will buff them in patch 108.
Edited by Kozure#6785 on 1/15/2013 10:14 AM PST
Reply Quote
This is what's wrong with most people here,
You guys always have to b1tch about how powerful other characters are.

I''m glad they decided to buff monk and wiz,
Do i think wall of light is op with 1200% dmg? YES!
Do i want blizz to reduce the number to 600%? HELL NO!

I play all 5 character and being powerful is FUN in an Action RPG game.

Now go b1tch about how weak your toons are instead of asking for a nerf and hope blizz will buff them in patch 108.

I blame the wow annual pass fodder
Reply Quote
I think they plan on buffing the monk's because they are very squishy... and I dont see a buff to their defense. ATM the monk is basically a melee daemon hunter, since they are not buffing the defense of monks I think they are going to buff the damage instead. Giving people more variety of characters to play with instead of making EVERY character defense based.

So in the end monks die quickly (unless you have great gear) and they can kill quickly.
As it stands right now my monk is worth 2-3 times my barb and he is only as fast as my barb, or maybe a little bit slower.
Reply Quote
This whole thread is stupid. They slightly buffed monk and now people are complaining. It seems people on this forum do nothing but complain. I started this game with a monk and moved around to other characters and i have no special connection to any one character. The truth is that monks sucked and will continue to suck and this patch just made a tiny improvement. It gave them a descent mob skill which is way overdue. It doesnt change the fact that their spirit generators are horrible. Wave of light was a much needed upgrade and if you cant understand that, try making a monk and find out first hand. The thing that i loved about my monk is that it was entertaining because you had to constantly keep an eye on your skills/hp but i quit my monk long ago and the gear he has on reflects that.

No PvE monk will use wall of light, they will use empowered wave because reduces the cost of wave of light by 35 and they will probably need to give up on one with everything and resolve to make room for chant of resonance and exalted soul for spirit generation. I highly doubt they will switch from thunderclap to quickening for additional spirit just because the amount of enemies FoT can hit.
Reply Quote
Lets just nerf the upgraded monks in 1.07 and nerf barbs. Lets buff demon hunters. Mhm. Sounds fair. :) *No sarcasm intended*
Reply Quote
Let nerf Barb LS belt to be balance :X
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]