Diablo® III

107 Account-bound craft will simply widen rich-poor gap

Believe or not, Account-bounding craft will simply widen rich-poor gap, and eventually destroy AH and Diablo itself.

I know BLZ is trying hard to address requests from many ppl who want gears which are not from AH. Because these ppl think gears from AH are simply made for rich. And this is not coool.

Account-bound craft will accomodate such needs. But it ignores a very important fact that you are playing Diablo, not WOW.

WOW is a social mmorpg game. Diablo is however really a gear based farming APRG game. Gears are the most important elements in diablo. ppl farm gears, play with different builds with different gears. This is why AH is a must for diablo game. Or say, a free market brings Diablo the real community life.

Account-bound craft items however will eliminate or block the market needs of gears.

The reality is that rich ppl will invest in account bounding craft to get good account bound gears. This investment used to spread in AH and eventually it would go to lucky poor players.

But now the rich players' investment into crafting will simply disappear. poor players can get nothing from AH. Of couse, poor players will not be able to afford expensive crafting. (It is really easy to understand why crafting is expensive. BLZ wants to make this as a gold and material sink. no matter how cheap every single craft is, the expectancy of getting a real good craft gear will be probably hundreds of millions of gold)

In the end, rich and poor player's gear gap will widen. And PVP will be unbalanced. more and more players will start to AFK.

by 一个萝卜
Edited by Daboluo#1891 on 1/17/2013 4:20 AM PST
Reply Quote
the game was supposed to be a single-player dungeon crawler without an AH. everything you owned should have been account bound.
Reply Quote
I love it, personally. I would much rather craft items then just buy em from the AH.
Reply Quote
If only one could buy arbitrary amount of silly BoA essences for crafting the new BoA items....

Farming the essences is the bottle neck that does not allow you to craft as much as you can....

The gold fees are a joke...

If they would be like 1-2 mil per craft, then maybe you would have a point.
Reply Quote
Crafting is fun. I get a Demonic Essence and rush back to town to see what I get. Now that crafting isn't a total and complete crap shoot, there's a bit more excitement to it.
Reply Quote
01/15/2013 01:49 PMPosted by Ignatius
Crafting is fun. I get a Demonic Essence and rush back to town to see what I get. Now that crafting isn't a total and complete crap shoot, there's a bit more excitement to it.

You exchange the ability to sell extra's that you cant use and the ability to resell after upgrades to regain some of investment or sometimes even make profit for 1 stat roll.

100 main stat roll is not worth 100% total loss of investment. It's good business in a bad way.

I foresee a lot of account selling in the future.
Reply Quote
Lacuni Prowlers will always sell, set chest piece armor will always sell. The only two things your post relates to, OP, is ammies and gloves. On top of this the crafting cost isn't very high for the new slot items, so everybody is benefiting from this.
Reply Quote
01/15/2013 01:45 PMPosted by ecstaSTEVE
the game was supposed to be a single-player dungeon crawler without an AH. everything you owned should have been account bound.

I dont agree. There isn't any problem if you don't use AH. AH do you no harm at all.
But AH does provide a lot trade fun for players like me. And AH brings diablo players together to form a community.
Reply Quote
View profile
Always suspected these WoW developers were in on the development of all the other games. Their footprints are all over the place and too much similarities.

Always seems like a bunch of stubborn geeks trying to push a square through a circular opening. Trying new things and calling it innovation...seriously, this thing is getting way whacked out..
Reply Quote
01/15/2013 01:56 PMPosted by Kadderly
Lacuni Prowlers will always sell, set chest piece armor will always sell. The only two things your post relates to, OP, is ammies and gloves. On top of this the crafting cost isn't very high for the new slot items, so everybody is benefiting from this.

I think BLZ has already made it clear that they want to make this as a gold and material sink. So, no matter how cheap every single craft it is, the expectancy of getting a real good craft gear will be probably hundreds of millions of gold
Reply Quote
*rich player* is relative, the only *rich* are ones saving up for their next upgrade, it's silly to stockpile gold for any other reason. You end up losing more that way.

As to sinking gold via crafting, less gold means that if people want to sell their items, they are going to have to charge less. It also means that gold is worth a heck of a lot more. Meaning your hour of gold pickups will net you a new upgrade far sooner. Is this not better then the existing lottery where the only way to upgrade is wait for a 1 in 10 legendary that is actually worth anything?
Reply Quote
Wrong.

1. Crafts only comprise of half the slots and except for gloves or amulet, have no potential to be BIS.

2. The money the rich spent to craft is on buying craft materials which goes back to the masses. The low crafting costs help in that regard.

Take gloves as example. The cost of tomes and essence is already 2.3K x 55 = 126K while the craft cost is only 25K. This means the majority of the gold cost invested into crafting actually goes back to the market.

3. If all the rich sunk their wealth into a soul-bound items, gold amount in the market drops, thus increasing its purchasing power.
Edited by Wtflag#1258 on 1/15/2013 2:38 PM PST
Reply Quote
*rich player* is relative, the only *rich* are ones saving up for their next upgrade, it's silly to stockpile gold for any other reason. You end up losing more that way.

As to sinking gold via crafting, less gold means that if people want to sell their items, they are going to have to charge less. It also means that gold is worth a heck of a lot more. Meaning your hour of gold pickups will net you a new upgrade far sooner. Is this not better then the existing lottery where the only way to upgrade is wait for a 1 in 10 legendary that is actually worth anything?

It's not better because you're trading a trade-able assets (gold) for a non-trade-able one. Then in retrospect, the lottery has now become 1 in 5.

Gold should gain value, meaning items will be less, but no one will want them anyway as it all goes to crafting.

In the end the gold farmers profit and casuals who think this is their saving grace suffer the most.

You're all just misguided and ignorant.

The crafts, with the exception of amulet and gloves are not BIS. People still needs to equip their other slots via AH.

And before throw out "You're all just misguided and ignorant." You should probably get your facts right.
Edited by Wtflag#1258 on 1/15/2013 2:42 PM PST
Reply Quote
I really love how people complain about issues that don't concern them.

First off, this is a single player game. Yes you can kill stuff with your friends, but you do not need anybody to complete the content of this game.

Why are people so concerned with "oh that person has this, and its not fair" and "well that person's avatar is stronger than mine" and "oh that person is richer than me!" and "I work hard at this game, and now somebody comes in and buys RMAH stuff, its not fair!"

Enjoy the game for goodness sakes, and quit being concerned about other people.

Oh, and to address the actual thread...there is waaay too much gold in this game as it is without an effective sink. This measure of BiS items can and most likely will stabilize gold prices and in the same swing, stop the inflation that seems to be out of control on the AH.

Thank you Blizzard for listening to the majority of your players! :D
Edited by Aducus#1946 on 1/15/2013 2:53 PM PST
Reply Quote
Wrong.

1. Crafts only comprise of half the slots and except for gloves or amulet, have no potential to be BIS.

2. The money the rich spent to craft is on buying craft materials which goes back to the masses. The low crafting costs help in that regard.

Take gloves as example. The cost of tomes and essence is already 2.3K x 55 = 126K while the craft cost is only 25K. This means the majority of the gold cost invested into crafting actually goes back to the market.

3. If all the rich sunk their wealth into a soul-bound items, gold amount in the market drops, thus increasing its purchasing power.

1. There is potential to BIS, for instance, you just mentioned gloves and amulet. And for the rest of the BoA, they will at least make the tradable less useful. which all means your farming has less benifit.

2. The money buying crafting materials will not go to poors. it will end with gold farmers and bots. You don't expect poor ppl to farm crafting materials to become rich, do you?

3. The purchasing power increased is just for low quality tradable items. not high standard craft gears
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]