Diablo® III

107 Account-bound craft will simply widen rich-poor gap

People will try to craft then realize they get so much more for their gold on the AH.

new crafting and gems are a pathetic attempt to keep gold above $0.25/million
Reply Quote
I really love how people complain about issues that don't concern them.

First off, this is a single player game. Yes you can kill stuff with your friends, but you do not need anybody to complete the content of this game.

Why are people so concerned with "oh that person has this, and its not fair" and "well that person's avatar is stronger than mine" and "oh that person is richer than me!" and "I work hard at this game, and now somebody comes in and buys RMAH stuff, its not fair!"

Enjoy the game for goodness sakes, and quit being concerned about other people.

Don't force others to use your value standard. you can play the game as it is. But for the players, like me, we want a good balanced diablo.
Reply Quote
People will try to craft then realize they get so much more for their gold on the AH.

new crafting and gems are a pathetic attempt to keep gold above $0.25/million

Agreed.
Reply Quote
based on the title he is wrong. It will give the poor a chance to get items. If not boa the rich would only exploit them to get more gold. Lets be honest what poor player would be able to but the boa's at inflated ah prices.

No, only the flippers and rich would be in a position to benefit if they were not boa.

I don't think you have read the main text
Reply Quote
Wrong.

1. Crafts only comprise of half the slots and except for gloves or amulet, have no potential to be BIS.

2. The money the rich spent to craft is on buying craft materials which goes back to the masses. The low crafting costs help in that regard.

Take gloves as example. The cost of tomes and essence is already 2.3K x 55 = 126K while the craft cost is only 25K. This means the majority of the gold cost invested into crafting actually goes back to the market.

3. If all the rich sunk their wealth into a soul-bound items, gold amount in the market drops, thus increasing its purchasing power.

1. There is potential to BIS, for instance, you just mentioned gloves and amulet. And for the rest of the BoA, they will at least make the tradable less useful. which all means your farming has less benifit.

2. The money buying crafting materials will not go to poors. it will end with gold farmers and bots. You don't expect poor ppl to farm crafting materials to become rich, do you?

3. The purchasing power increased is just for low quality tradable items. not high standard craft gears

1. If a BOA does not have potential to be BIS, no rich person will waste resources crafting them, remember that Demon essence needs to be farmed by ones self. A rich person will be using his DE for amulet/glove crafts. Other slots can just be brought with money or gold.

2. Actually I do. Have you looked at commodity prices recently? Emerald is 15K. Tomes is 2.3K. And we can't even start to craft yet. If a "poor" person picks everything (thus increasing his run time by about 20%) it is possible to earn 1m per Act 3 clear. If this "poor" person thinks it is a waste of time, than maybe he isn't poor at all.

3. Are you serious? Go check the meaning of purchasing power.
Reply Quote
View profile
So you can roll this game with 20m, gold picked off the ground, since they dumbed it down over and over. you dont need bis.
Reply Quote
^

I firmly believe crafting is a rich man's game, not for the poor.

The really poor people with less than 10m to their name will NOT be crafting.

They are better served by farming craft materials to sell.

The middle class (100m to 500m) may try, but I believe they too will be discouraged at the random results and return to the AH for their gearing needs.

Only the truly end game "I can't find upgrades in AH anymore" types have reason to truly sunk their wealth into crafting a souled bound BIS they can't resell.

The key is that, soul bound items means it is for those who truly have excess gold because once sunk, it can't be recovered.
Reply Quote

1. If a BOA does not have potential to be BIS, no rich person will waste resources crafting them, remember that Demon essence needs to be farmed by ones self. A rich person will be using his DE for amulet/glove crafts. Other slots can just be brought with money or gold.

2. Actually I do. Have you looked at commodity prices recently? Emerald is 15K. Tomes is 2.3K. And we can't even start to craft yet. If a "poor" person picks everything (thus increasing his run time by about 20%) it is possible to earn 1m per Act 3 clear. If this "poor" person thinks it is a waste of time, than maybe he isn't poor at all.

3. Are you serious? Go check the meaning of purchasing power.

It's really simple economics. If the supply of gear increases, the prices for gear will fall. If the demand for AH gear falls, the prices will fall. The low and mid tier items are going to hurt the most with all the crafting. Just like what happened in 1.04 and 1.05, that means there is less incentive to farm. The devs killed MF and now they are out to kill farming in a Diablo game. sigh ....

Many ppl probably do understand, but they don't want to admit.
Reply Quote
I see it this way. Casual gamers won't be abled to craft something good with the new recipes because it will be lottery again and most people won't be able to afford the costs. But I'm positive that this also means that we're going to see prices dropping in the auction house and things get more affordable. In my opinion the prices really suck in the auction house at the moment because you can only hope to get a really good drop something that rarely happens. Farming 50 million or more by selling your every day trash to the in game vendor does not work. Rare gear will be rotated in the auction house now and someone buys a high end item and keeps it forever. Gear changing the owner more often is actually good in games.
Reply Quote
Wow! The AH vendors sure get worked up when they feel they have no control over what the 'bads' want to do with their hard earned gold & items!

This alone means that Blizzard has got things going in the correct direction.

Crafting FTW!
Reply Quote
The real problem will be the perceived wealth gap. With the low end market getting crushed and the mid range hurting selling rares will dry up even more. But, on the other side it will cause lower prices, and hence the poorer players can gear cheaper as well. So, overall the poor players will get a gear upgrade. There is a fair chance it will be an even be a greater relative gear upgrade than richer players.

Here is the huge problem when it comes to complaint time. These poorer players, even with their better gear, are going to feel poorer because their gear is not worth a lot in gold number terms. While top end gear will stay very expensive the low end stuff has a smaller and smaller price tag. So, even if they do close a little of the gap on stats, they will start to scream and cry because their gear is "worth" so little, and they can't afford the super godly stuff.

Blizzard gives the complainers what they want, which in turns gives them even more to complain about. And so the cycle continues.
Reply Quote
Congrats OP. You've joined a very small group of players who understand what Diablo is about. Prepare to be flamed by all the bads.

I'm still stuck in the D2 universe and suck at D3 for the time being, so count me as a bad. Just not a flaming one.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]