new crafting and gems are a pathetic attempt to keep gold above $0.25/million
Get the Desktop App for Battle.net Now
- All your games in 1 place
- Log in once
- Automatic game updates
I really love how people complain about issues that don't concern them.
First off, this is a single player game. Yes you can kill stuff with your friends, but you do not need anybody to complete the content of this game.
Why are people so concerned with "oh that person has this, and its not fair" and "well that person's avatar is stronger than mine" and "oh that person is richer than me!" and "I work hard at this game, and now somebody comes in and buys RMAH stuff, its not fair!"
Enjoy the game for goodness sakes, and quit being concerned about other people.
based on the title he is wrong. It will give the poor a chance to get items. If not boa the rich would only exploit them to get more gold. Lets be honest what poor player would be able to but the boa's at inflated ah prices.
No, only the flippers and rich would be in a position to benefit if they were not boa.
1. Crafts only comprise of half the slots and except for gloves or amulet, have no potential to be BIS.
2. The money the rich spent to craft is on buying craft materials which goes back to the masses. The low crafting costs help in that regard.
Take gloves as example. The cost of tomes and essence is already 2.3K x 55 = 126K while the craft cost is only 25K. This means the majority of the gold cost invested into crafting actually goes back to the market.
3. If all the rich sunk their wealth into a soul-bound items, gold amount in the market drops, thus increasing its purchasing power.
1. There is potential to BIS, for instance, you just mentioned gloves and amulet. And for the rest of the BoA, they will at least make the tradable less useful. which all means your farming has less benifit.
2. The money buying crafting materials will not go to poors. it will end with gold farmers and bots. You don't expect poor ppl to farm crafting materials to become rich, do you?
3. The purchasing power increased is just for low quality tradable items. not high standard craft gears
1. If a BOA does not have potential to be BIS, no rich person will waste resources crafting them, remember that Demon essence needs to be farmed by ones self. A rich person will be using his DE for amulet/glove crafts. Other slots can just be brought with money or gold.
2. Actually I do. Have you looked at commodity prices recently? Emerald is 15K. Tomes is 2.3K. And we can't even start to craft yet. If a "poor" person picks everything (thus increasing his run time by about 20%) it is possible to earn 1m per Act 3 clear. If this "poor" person thinks it is a waste of time, than maybe he isn't poor at all.
3. Are you serious? Go check the meaning of purchasing power.
It's really simple economics. If the supply of gear increases, the prices for gear will fall. If the demand for AH gear falls, the prices will fall. The low and mid tier items are going to hurt the most with all the crafting. Just like what happened in 1.04 and 1.05, that means there is less incentive to farm. The devs killed MF and now they are out to kill farming in a Diablo game. sigh ....
Congrats OP. You've joined a very small group of players who understand what Diablo is about. Prepare to be flamed by all the bads.
Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.
Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.
Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.