Diablo® III

107 Account-bound craft will simply widen rich-poor gap

@pheonixskank

Yes that is the biggest issue in the game and blizzard showed once again that they won't change anything about it. I think they're going to do something when over the half of the player base is already gone. People yell that this game drops rarely something useful and that only the auction house is the option to get something nice. The answer from blizzard is that we can craft something now with a very low chance to get something good. And of story? People still depend on the auction house. Blizzard isn't stupid, they're aware of this fact. Our money is all they really want.
Reply Quote
While those rich people are farming their essences do you think they will pick up and ID anything good to sell on the AH? I thought so.

Also, when a poor person crafts an imba item on their 4th craft then gg, they might have a BIS item that no one else can get, which is pretty awesome. And they don't need to be torn about whether or not they should sell it, since they can't.
Reply Quote
Another way to enjoy the game while no need to depends on AH. Why need to be worries so much? I do like the idea of crafting items like that. This is a game, not a business. (Maybe some of you think that it is a business). Game is for enjoyment, not for business. At least this is my purpose when playing D3...
Reply Quote
01/15/2013 05:53 PMPosted by steakncheese
I guess we'll have to wait for 1.08, double demonic essence drop rate, 50% less materials to craft.

You forgot doubling gold drops!

01/15/2013 06:39 PMPosted by Amiar
Also, when a poor person crafts an imba item on their 4th craft then gg, they might have a BIS item that no one else can get, which is pretty awesome. And they don't need to be torn about whether or not they should sell it, since they can't.

That will surely be fun for people which is a good thing. Part 2 though, you say they don't need to be torn as though someone is doing them a favor by not allowing them to trade.

Some might say, however, that they are not being allowed to make a decision for themselves, to sell the bis and buy 5 different upgrades which would make them much more powerful and much happier, or if they like the bis just keep it. I have never understood the restricting choice to make people happy argument. Don't people know how to best choose for themselves?
Reply Quote
01/15/2013 07:34 PMPosted by DenFire
Another way to enjoy the game while no need to depends on AH. Why need to be worries so much? I do like the idea of crafting items like that. This is a game, not a business. (Maybe some of you think that it is a business). Game is for enjoyment, not for business. At least this is my purpose when playing D3...

Damned right, sir

The AH vendors grow angry when alternate routes other than straight to the AH are offered.
Edited by Otis#1467 on 1/15/2013 7:52 PM PST
Reply Quote
Wow! The AH vendors sure get worked up when they feel they have no control over what the 'bads' want to do with their hard earned gold & items!

This is exactly what most of the anti posts feel like to me.

Recluse being the exception in this thread who makes some good points.
Reply Quote
These account bound items will just make the game more enjoyable for people who don't use the AH. I probably won't even bother crafting because I don't like the gambling aspect (I feel like I'm losing money with it, so I don't bother).
Reply Quote
01/15/2013 01:40 PMPosted by Zaxxon23
Congrats OP. You've joined a very small group of players who understand what Diablo is about. Prepare to be flamed by all the bads.
Reply Quote
These account bound items will just make the game more enjoyable for people who don't use the AH. I probably won't even bother crafting because I don't like the gambling aspect (I feel like I'm losing money with it, so I don't bother).

No it will not, which is why it's bad - for it's not good for anyone except those who are already ultra-rich and can farm demonic essence and plans with super efficiency.

For average users even if they managed to farm DEs/Plans, how they are going to afford the crafting costs

For the non-AH users, they can't even farm right to get enough DEs...
Reply Quote
The only thing crafting adds is another avenue for people to get gear... Oh no what a travesty.. Some people get so butt hurt over it.

The only people it affects are those who rely on other people's gold to sustain themselves and that's it.

Myself and I'm guessing many other people could care less whether or not someone else is richer than them. If I've crafted a few decent upgrades for myself and can sustain playing a comfortable mp level, why would I care if you suddenly went from owning 500 million gold to 1 billion gold after 1.07. Even if I'm getting crap rolls in trying to roll decent gear but continue to pull in the materials to continue crafting.. Again, why would I care about a wealth gap?

Mp 0 can efficiently be done with decent gear, it doesn't have to be good, so I don't need hand me downs from the rich.

The quicker some of you realize to take the gold or monetary value out of your game play, the better off you'll be. When an item drops, stop thinking about how much you can get for it but rather how can you use of. If you can't wrap your head around that, then perhaps D3 isn't for you. Go play on ebay.
Edited by Deadlysynz#1583 on 1/15/2013 9:05 PM PST
Reply Quote
01/15/2013 09:01 PMPosted by Logi

Can so
Reply Quote
The only thing crafting adds is another avenue for people to get gear... Oh no what a travesty.. Some people get so butt hurt over it.

The only people it affects are those who rely on other people's gold to sustain themselves and that's it.

Myself and I'm guessing many other people could care less whether or not someone else is richer than them. If I've crafted a few decent upgrades for myself and can sustain playing a comfortable mp level, why would I care if you suddenly went from owning 500 million gold to 1 billion gold after 1.07. Even if I'm getting crap rolls in trying to roll decent gear but continue to pull in the materials to continue crafting.. Again, why would I care about a wealth gap?

Mp 0 can efficiently be done with decent gear, it doesn't have to be good, so I don't need hand me downs from the rich.

The quicker some of you realize to take the gold or monetary value out of your game play, the better off you'll be. When an item drops, stop thinking about how much you can get for it but rather how can you use of. If you can't wrap your head around that, then perhaps D3 isn't for you. Go play on ebay.

My feelings as well.
Reply Quote
01/15/2013 09:01 PMPosted by Logi

No it will not, which is why it's bad - for it's not good for anyone except those who are already ultra-rich and can farm demonic essence and plans with super efficiency.

For average users even if they managed to farm DEs/Plans, how they are going to afford the crafting costs

+1...
Reply Quote

There is no logical reasoning behind this statement.

All this straw hat arguing is only meant to create the impression that a problem exists to protect a very vocal minority.

Why am I having hellfire is going to kill the ring economy flashbacks....
Reply Quote
01/15/2013 01:56 PMPosted by Kadderly
Lacuni Prowlers will always sell, set chest piece armor will always sell. The only two things your post relates to, OP, is ammies and gloves. On top of this the crafting cost isn't very high for the new slot items, so everybody is benefiting from this.
People that are heavily "investing" in the AH aren't benefiting... that's the OP's complaint. lol!
Reply Quote

There is no logical reasoning behind this statement.

All this straw hat arguing is only meant to create the impression that a problem exists to protect a very vocal minority.

Why am I having hellfire is going to kill the ring economy flashbacks....

I was writing in support of the OP's point: 'ACCOUNT-BOUND CRAFT WILL SIMPLY WIDEN RICH-POOR GAP'

Don't know what you are talking about.
Reply Quote

Jeez..everyone has different perceptions, there's no "The quicker some of you realize to take the gold or monetary value out of your game play, the better off you'll be".

How come for an adult in the modern western world not to understand that everyone has different values and they are entitled to have different values???

Be a bit more arrogant please.
Reply Quote
I was writing in support of the OP's point: 'ACCOUNT-BOUND CRAFT WILL SIMPLY WIDEN RICH-POOR GAP'

Don't know what you are talking about.

It won't widen any gap that wouldn't have already naturally been widened.

Unless they are BiS items the impact will be marginal at best, basically a short stop gap for mid geared AH users. Non AH users don't give a rats bottom. High end farmers will do what they do regardless.

The only thing this does is speed up the decrease in value of the low end of the top tier items.

BiS Sets and legendaries with specific bonuses and affixes will not be impacted because they can't be rolled by the BoA's.
Reply Quote
*rich player* is relative, the only *rich* are ones saving up for their next upgrade, it's silly to stockpile gold for any other reason. You end up losing more that way.

As to sinking gold via crafting, less gold means that if people want to sell their items, they are going to have to charge less. It also means that gold is worth a heck of a lot more. Meaning your hour of gold pickups will net you a new upgrade far sooner. Is this not better then the existing lottery where the only way to upgrade is wait for a 1 in 10 legendary that is actually worth anything?

It's not better because you're trading a trade-able assets (gold) for a non-trade-able one. Then in retrospect, the lottery has now become "look for these 5 items" with rares becoming even less relevant.

Gold should gain value, meaning items will be less, but no one will want them anyway as it all goes to crafting.

In the end the gold farmers profit and casuals who think this is their saving grace suffer the most.

You're all just misguided and ignorant.

Of course we are.

Look son, I'm more than willing to wager none of these new craftables are BiS, the same way Hellfire rings are not. There is neither precedent, nor anything in the patch notes to indicate otherwise. At best, they will provide a middling upgrade to the lucky, and a BiS to the incredibly lucky. These craftables, outside of the main stat, are all subject to RNG.

The AH will always be the center of the item economy because that's the way Blizz designed the bloody game. BiS items will always be available only by incredible luck, or the AH. You can continue to play Diablo Tycoon; I assure you that is one part of the game Blizzard has a vested interest in defending.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]