Diablo® III

107 Account-bound craft will simply widen rich-poor gap

01/15/2013 10:02 PMPosted by steakncheese
I chose ignorant because I can't perceive why you can't understand selling a drop on the AH is in fact just as well-earned as if you were lucky enough to have some use.

Greed is the thing making you unable to see.
Reply Quote
Blizzard needs to realize that the game jumpers will be happy with the introduction of these BoA items for a month then they will go to another game. As most of them have elite kills in the 5000 range, obviously they are not interested in spending time grinding for gear.

Blizz has already done a lot to disappoint the old player base who played D2 for more than 10 years, and these new BiS BoA items are indeed a further step in this direction.
Reply Quote
01/15/2013 10:31 PMPosted by whoopadeedoo

Greed is the thing making you unable to see.

If I learned one thing from 1.04 and 1.05, it's that newbies, casuals, and anyone spouting "AH tycoon" arguments can not be reasoned with. Most players in the former two categories have short-term self-interests either don't stick around long enough to see the consequences of the patches, or they eventually see the light (too late). The latter type ... well, they are simply irrational. I don't even bother with you guys anymore. We get it. You hate the AH. You hate people who have more than you.

Nope. You don't get it at all if you think 'guys like me' hate people who have more than us.

Greedy and envious types can't understand the type who don't have the same deficient qualities.
Reply Quote
@Everyone

Okay, I can't take this anymore!

You know "gear" in inherently plural right?? You don't have to say "gears" when you you're talking about multiple pieces of gear. Is there some inside joke involved here that I missed somehow?

AHhhhh!
Edited by deacon8#1815 on 1/15/2013 11:21 PM PST
Reply Quote
Only time will tell then.......... and BLZ, thanks for keeping silent
Reply Quote
01/15/2013 10:19 PMPosted by ellisD
Good. It will feel like a real loot based game again.

PVP will be unbalanced by such BoA items. BLZ you are ruining the game.
Edited by Daboluo#1891 on 1/16/2013 6:00 AM PST
Reply Quote
You have a weird and illogical point of view.
Most of the best drops in the AH are not crafted, but dropped.
As you need an account bound material, you NEED to play the game to craft these items, so you can't just stay in town and play the marketplace to make gold, then buy materials with that, then craft, then sell what you crafted to make some more gold and keep playing the market. You will HAVE TO go out there and kill stuff, and when you kill stuff, items drop.

Then, if you craft items that are better than drops, you have three choices: Give drops to Alts, salvage them, or sell them.
It's highly unlikely that they'll stop selling drops to salvage them when they are good enough to be sold. Since they'll get more materials for crafting by selling the drop and then buying materials with the gold.
More people will also craft if they see crafted items can be good, meaning that demand for materials would increase, and more crap would be salvaged to meet that demand, reducing a bit the number of crappy items in the AH.

It does not matter if they won't craft tradable items anymore with those materials and instead save them for account-bound crafting, because drops can still be better than tradable crafted items, but if they craft items better than those drops, they'll sell those items.
And the more they sell them, the cheaper they'll get.
And that should make them more accessible to lower-income players.

Yeah, you are exchanging something you can trade for something you can't, but that's a gold sink, and that's NEEDED for game economies to be sustainable and keep inflation in check.

Wealth is consumed to produce something that can't directly produce more wealth, but that is appreciated by the player as it helps producing more wealth (fighting monsters can be easier with better gear). And that's how good game gold sinks are supposed to work.

So the potential upsides are:
- Gold and item sink.
- Slight reduction of crap in the AH.
- Slight increase of decent drops in the AH.
- Slight decrease in prices for both drops and tradable crafted items in the AH.
- More economic potential for materials.

And the downsides are:
- You don't get to buy all the stuff others may have crafted and discard if they get or already have something better, and you'll have to craft your own if you want to match the power of those items until/unless better stuff drops for you.

Which I don't really see as a downside.
Big whoop.
Edited by Mithrán#2507 on 1/16/2013 6:28 AM PST
Reply Quote
01/15/2013 01:58 PMPosted by Daboluo
And AH brings diablo players together to form a community.

WTF does this even mean? Where exactly are the player communities in D3?
Reply Quote
You have a weird and illogical point of view.
Most of the best drops in the AH are not crafted, but dropped.
As you need an account bound material, you NEED to play the game to craft these items, so .........

You absolutely can see my point of view as weird and illogical. The things is I am not only speaking for myself. I am actually speaking for all of you. You just don't understand and don't want to understand.

Both AH and the fun of farm will get hurt by BoA items. I guess BLZ will probably give more BoA items in the future patch as they stated that hell ring was a good start.
Reply Quote
A few weeks after 1.07 is released, I guarantee you three things:
1) Players will complain that loot/drops suck, that nothing sells, that it's worse than ever.
2) Players will also complain that crafting sucks. (Crafting may actually die out when AH prices tank to all time lows and we've reached a new equilibrium, an economic concept Blizzard has yet to grasp).
3) Blizzard will try to fix D3 by once again adjusting quantity (rates, costs, guaranteed rolls) instead of quality (itemization, content, new/fun affixes/procs).

We're doomed to this cycle until Blizzard actually addresses the root problems of D3 instead of these placating band-aid patches.

agreed.
Reply Quote
A few weeks after 1.07 is released, I guarantee you three things:
1) Players will complain that loot/drops suck, that nothing sells, that it's worse than ever.
2) Players will also complain that crafting sucks. (Crafting may actually die out when AH prices tank to all time lows and we've reached a new equilibrium, an economic concept Blizzard has yet to grasp).
3) Blizzard will try to fix D3 by once again adjusting quantity (rates, costs, guaranteed rolls) instead of quality (itemization, content, new/fun affixes/procs).

We're doomed to this cycle until Blizzard actually addresses the root problems of D3 instead of these placating band-aid patches.

What you've said here, I agree with.

Trouble is, they cannot and will not address the root problems. Those roots are too deep, and over the last 8 months have grown even deeper. Result is this game will forever be a band-aid over band-aid affair. The initial launched design guaranteed it to happen.
Edited by Otis#1467 on 1/16/2013 8:26 AM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]