Diablo® III

Random Random Challenge

At your level (14), I will have my very first attack skill unlocked (yeah!), without rune. :D I am looking forward to it!

So far I got some gear from the AH, and I even got some gold left to spend (although I started to calculate it from level 9 on). I wish I could use a shield or a mojo, but since there are no skills I can only do close combat, unless I use a bow, - which is my current choice. I continue DH kiting style, this time with a touch of a WD since my bow has poison damage. ;)
Edited by Forelle#1338 on 1/12/2013 3:43 PM PST
Reply Quote
I reached level 13. Now I could use slots for the first time, and even two. Yeah! So, there are zombie dog Sacrifice (without dogs, of course), and the passive Spirital Attunement, which gives me more mana and mana regen for skills which I don't have. Both utterly useless at this point. :D
Edited by Forelle#1338 on 1/12/2013 3:48 PM PST
Reply Quote
Anetheroc, what happened to Gracerath? Did you give up on her?

Update on my WD: He reached level 14 and finally can get his first skill he can really use, which is Zombie Charger. Now the passive kicks in and allows to throw 3 instead of only 2 zombies in a row. Awesome! Dragonsoul is prepared to get into the spiders' cave.
Reply Quote
Question. Does that mean I can use the skill as soon as it is unlocked (with no rune) and then I equip the rune once it becomes available? Or do I have to wait for both the skill and the rune?

http://img856.imageshack.us/img856/6300/randomrandom.png

Seatiln Brushranger
Male
2- Demon Hunter
SKills- http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/demon-hunter#bcYVQl!UVZ!ZYbabb

Ugh.... why you no give me vault!?! >.>

I guess I will try and start a file on the EU server. That way I can't be tempted by all my goodies on my current file. This is going to be insane without vault or smokescreen though.
Reply Quote
Learn the skill as soon as it is available
Get the rune when it is available , even if you might not like it
Reply Quote
Allright. so in this example I begin using entangling shot right away, but as soon as shock colar becomes available I switch to that. and don't use any runes in between, correct?
Reply Quote
Anetheroc, what happened to Gracerath? Did you give up on her?

Update on my WD: He reached level 14 and finally can get his first skill he can really use, which is Zombie Charger. Now the passive kicks in and allows to throw 3 instead of only 2 zombies in a row. Awesome! Dragonsoul is prepared to get into the spiders' cave.

Wd should be at ease around spiders huh :p
Reply Quote
01/12/2013 05:39 PMPosted by DaemonSadi
Allright. so in this example I begin using entangling shot right away, but as soon as shock colar becomes available I switch to that. and don't use any runes in between, correct?

You are right. Ignore chain gang completely
Reply Quote
Alright sounds like fun. I forgot how much I hate grinding the first 10 levels to unlock hardcore. lol. All well, soon I will have a crazy demon hunter with no shadow power, no vault, and no smoke screen. Lol.

So, are we seeing who can go the furthest, or is there a "set goal" in mind?
Reply Quote
Erm how about having fun by being out of your comfort zone aka exploration

You can set your own goal

Alright sounds like fun. I forgot how much I hate grinding the first 10 levels to unlock hardcore. lol. All well, soon I will have a crazy demon hunter with no shadow power, no vault, and no smoke screen. Lol.

So, are we seeing who can go the furthest, or is there a "set goal" in mind?
Reply Quote
Well having fun was the point of me doing the challenge. but all challenges need a goal ;) It gives you something to work for when the going gets tough. I do like the idea behind the challenge, I just wish that the random factor didn't stick you with useless passives. I hate having tactical advantage and no use for it. but I suppose that is part of the challenge.
Reply Quote
how do you remove a skill? I can't get rid of hungering arrow
Reply Quote
nvm. I just only used right click until level two. double equipped the skill and was able to click and drag it off the second mouse button... but for some reason it wouldn't let me click and drag off the left mouse button. All well, onwards :)
Reply Quote
Here's what I rolled (I just went to the website):

http://i48.tinypic.com/2efkft2.jpg

Not too bad I guess. Good luck to all!
Reply Quote
Hi DeamonSadi, when you open the window fpor skills then you can remove the skill from the bar by dragging it off. Nice you join in. And yes, there are useless skills and passives. Just check my WD out. He had no skills till now, level 14. His first skill was unlocked at level 13, for sacrificing dogs I don't have. :D And the passive was to increase mana and mana regen, which can be used for skills, - which again I didn't have. :D

My own, personal aim is to unlock all the skills according to the skill sheet I was randomly given, that is till level 59. And maybe I try to hit 60 anyways. But after that I will change skills to the ones I think that are more "appropriate" :D ... IF he makes it to that level anyways.
Reply Quote
I think I won't use the Auction House as well as it is going to be too annoying to keep track of the money.

Also, if anyone knows how to remove the 1st left-click skill in the beginning that would be great. I hate using right-click:)
Reply Quote
Thank you for that tip! So much better.

Hi DeamonSadi, when you open the window fpor skills then you can remove the skill from the bar by dragging it off. Nice you join in. And yes, there are useless skills and passives. Just check my WD out. He had no skills till now, level 14. His first skill was unlocked at level 13, for sacrificing dogs I don't have. :D And the passive was to increase mana and mana regen, which can be used for skills, - which again I didn't have. :D

My own, personal aim is to unlock all the skills according to the skill sheet I was randomly given, that is till level 59. And maybe I try to hit 60 anyways. But after that I will change skills to the ones I think that are more "appropriate" :D ... IF he makes it to that level anyways.
Reply Quote

Wd should be at ease around spiders huh :p

Well, WD isn't so sure yet. He wants to test his new Zombie Charger skill on skeletons to finally decide how to move forward. He needs to see if that zombie charges more than one target. If he has to take down all spiders one by one (as he has done till level 13), he will wait two levels more for Spirit Walk so that he can at least escape the spiderlings that trap him in.
Reply Quote
A better challenge is to have everyone do a random class, random name, random sex, random spec, and only use items you find and only being able to play on mp 10.
Reply Quote
01/12/2013 07:02 PMPosted by ExzoSSG
A better challenge is to have everyone do a random class, random name, random sex, random spec, and only use items you find and only being able to play on mp 10.

Yet another is to play to level 60 without using skills. :D I found that quite interesting as I had to till level 14. I wonder how far one could get.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]