Diablo® III

Random Random Challenge

01/12/2013 06:38 PMPosted by Lanfear
I think I won't use the Auction House as well as it is going to be too annoying to keep track of the money.

Actually, I noticed that it was way easier to keep track of the gold and buy gear than using only the gear you can find in game. (Thanks, Wockets!) However, this is your personal choice. Do it the way you prefer it.
Edited by Forelle#1338 on 1/12/2013 7:26 PM PST
Reply Quote
I will be using only self found gear as well. My goal is to go all out and beat inferno :P

I figure that I can do it, I will feel pretty epic. If I can't do it, I will do another random one, or find a new challenge to do. Self found all the way through inferno sounds the way to go for me. They nerfed the heck out of this game as it is. My only regret is that stupid tactical advantage. Given, I wouldn't use any of the other skill/rune combos either, but I wish I had at least gotten grenadier so that when I die there would be a big cool boom.
Reply Quote
Yeah I guess it's not too bad but self-found will just make it more epic:)

BTW, I'm finding it a quite difficult now as I'm almost to SK and I have no skills LOL. Damnit, why does Frenzy have to be level 11....

01/12/2013 07:26 PMPosted by Forelle
I think I won't use the Auction House as well as it is going to be too annoying to keep track of the money.

Actually, I noticed that it was way easier to keep track of the gold and buy gear than using only the gear you can find in game. (Thanks, Wockets!) However, this is your personal choice. Do it the way you prefer it.
Reply Quote
SK down! Glad there is no enrage timer:) Can't wait until my 1st skill.
Reply Quote
SK is down :) of course, I have it easy. I already have rapid fire, entangling shot, and caltrops. no runes, but at least I have skills to play with.
Reply Quote
Spider queen down, and taking a break. bad enough I am gimping my damage with self found gear, entangling shot sucks.
Reply Quote
Finally! Oh it's beautiful...

http://i48.tinypic.com/167711t.jpg

LOL. Things might go a little quicker now. Man that was painful. Of course, the rune isn't going to come into play until level 59 but whatever:)

Also, I just realized I forgot to link the calc: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/barbarian#WeiVRj!TSc!ccZccY

As you can see, not too bad. I'll probably end up being a tank.
Reply Quote
Nice! Yeah I'm starting to re-think that whole self-found thing already LOL. Maybe I will just stop being lazy and write down what my money is...

01/12/2013 09:43 PMPosted by DaemonSadi
Spider queen down, and taking a break. bad enough I am gimping my damage with self found gear, entangling shot sucks.
Reply Quote
Since i had no skills till 14 I really needed gear.

As for the SK: I was kiting like a DH, without caltrops, vault or anything, actually just a bow. Yes, I am glad he didn't enrage. :)
Reply Quote
I really started to love my one and only skill. :D Hey, what else I got?

Yes, WD decided to enter the realm of the Spider Queen and killed her successfully.

Things went so smooth now that he hardly noticed that he leveled to 16. Spirit Walk is available! Finally! That makes my WD nearly invincible :D and is definitely needed for the Butcher.
Reply Quote
WTH are you talking about? You have Sacrifice:) LOL, that has to be the unluckiest roll ever based on your other skills.

I really started to love my one and only skill. :D Hey, what else I got?

Yes, WD decided to enter the realm of the Spider Queen and killed her successfully.

Things went so smooth now that he hardly noticed that he leveled to 16. Spirit Walk is available! Finally! That makes my WD nearly invincible :D and is definitely needed for the Butcher.
Reply Quote
01/13/2013 12:09 AMPosted by Lanfear
WTH are you talking about? You have Sacrifice:) LOL, that has to be the unluckiest roll ever based on your other skills.

:D Yes, I have Sacrifice ... sacrificing a skill slot. :D
I think here it really matters how lucky you got with the generator in the beginning so that you end up with somewhat useful skills.

I have changed to 1-hander and shield since Zombie Charger is for close combat.
Edited by Forelle#1338 on 1/13/2013 11:57 AM PST
Reply Quote
I almost think it would be fun to do this challenge and allow yourself one free skill change. It would help stop the one skill being useless and/or allow you to keep one skill that you value above all else. At the same time though, I am weary about something like that. The whole point of the challenge is supposed to be to take yourself out of the comfort zone. So it would be best to try and fit it in with your new skillset, and to try something new.

However I am stubbornly going to keep going and pretend that I can't change my skills :D
Reply Quote
Yes I think it is very tempting to change a skill (particularly my useless Sacrifice), but I think the idea of this challenge is gone then.
Edited by Forelle#1338 on 1/13/2013 1:06 PM PST
Reply Quote
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v486/Chenghao/Random%20HC%20challenge/Screenshot110_zps278dc09c.jpg

A milestone for my Sorc , next would be lvl 22

The weekend was VERY LAGGY , lost a MPTEN purist barb ! first time losing a HC char pre 60 to DC

Hope it got no one else here :D
Reply Quote
I shall stop hogging the attention and shine the limelight on my trusty templar

Courageous and valiant , he charges into enemies headlong ! Swinging his dagger with all his might , he aids my progression in ways more than one.

As such , it is necessary to equip him with the finest of gears

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v486/Chenghao/Random%20HC%20challenge/Screenshot118_zps875c6eda.jpg

Unfortunately , sometimes he triggers goblins during elite battles . Must remind the templar academy to brain wash them not to do so.

*scribbles notes down*
Reply Quote
Hi Wockets, sorry to hear abut your lost. That is so frustrating to lose a hero due to lag or disconnection. And yes, I have noticed lots of lag these days, and still I was playing my barb (maybe I shouldn't). Once I had a disconnection in the middle of two elite packs that just arrived, one with arcane and the other I haven't figured yet, but with those green ponds. Was scary to see my health dropping and I couldn't do anything about it. It took much longer than the 10 seconds. I was sure my barb died, but somehow, as I logged back in again, he was still alive. My other barb, however, I lost because of lag, and it was only one elite pack around. That's how it goes. You take it quite relaxed, I have to say.

Nice you got a skill you really can use. My WD is waiting for 21. He will then get primary AND secondary skills at ONCE. He will be so OP compared to now. :D I think he can live with the useless slot of Sacrifice. :P So far I geared him up for his next passive at level 20, which is to pay mana with life. :-O He better pays attention not to cast anything when he sees red and is about to die; that would be suicidal I guess. On the other hand, mana is badly needed, since that Zombie charger needs a lot of it. I will see how it goes...
Edited by Forelle#1338 on 1/14/2013 5:53 AM PST
Reply Quote
I couldn't wait to level up my WD to 21. I really wanted to see my primary and secondary skill.

At level 20 I got my next passive unlocked. Actually paying a part of the skill with life instead of mana isn't that bad because that same passive gives a good life regen, which covers the life I spent on the skill right away. Plus I have a nice life regen in general. I actually started to love it.

As I reached level 21, I got the two skills I was longing for. :D Firebomb is just awesome! I can cast it from certain distance and it practically doesn't need any mana. I never run out of it (which is a different story with Zombie Charger). I can charge now like 6-7 zombies in a row, which is so handy when a big mob or an elite attacks me. It feels like those op-bears, but in smaller version. Locust Swarm, on the other hand, I consider as quite useless (at least at this stage) since it does little damage (it does lots of damage, but over time), and I can cast 3 swarms in a row only till I'm out of mana, which isn't good if I need some for my Spirit Walk in an oh-sh%t-situation (which I haven't had, yet *knocking on wood*). Practically, my WD uses Firebomb as primary and Zombie Charger as secondary skill.

He geared up for facing Belial and is nearly broke, with only 270 gold left (!). But my WD thought, that this is a good investment since he faces Belial, which he considers as the most difficult boss of them all.

My WD was only two bars away from hitting level 25, which would give him a new skill, Big Bad Voodoo. That skill would give him movement speed and attack speed. So my WD thought that it wouldn't be bad to level up the two bars before facing Belial, so that he can cast that movement skill when Belial starts to throw his green explosions at him, - which turned out to be so useful! My WD lost about 1/4 of his health during that explosions, but Big Bad Voodoo kept him moving. There was even no need for a potion or Spirit Walk (which he kept as Plan B and C). Belial is down! Phew! *still a bit shaky from the fight*
Edited by Forelle#1338 on 1/14/2013 9:47 AM PST
Reply Quote
I am on board

Magnys
Female WD

Skillset
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/witch-doctor#ShiVRT!UZa!bcZYZb

We will see

Lol just got looking at skills what if the first skill you have is unlocked at 13. Autoattack?
Edited by TechJunkie#1910 on 1/14/2013 10:38 AM PST
Reply Quote
Hi TechJunkie,

Nice you join this competition.:)

Lol just got looking at skills what if the first skill you have is unlocked at 13. Autoattack?

My first real skill was unlocked at level 14 (Zombie Charger). Before that you have no skills, but can still use a weapon though. I used a bow and kited like a DH :P, taking down every single demon, bit by bit. That might be useful for you, too.

I see you have also Sacrifice as useless skill. My consolation! And even a useless passive, Circle of Life! :-O Your first skill you can unlock at level 19?! Oh dear, I thought I had an unlucky skill roll...

But I can tell you, Firebomb will really make you happy once you unlock it (at level 21). Being so long without skills make you really appreciate it. And I can see that you get even two more skills at level 22. That isn't bad at all. I bet that you will start to enjoy your WD at that point! :)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]