Diablo® III

Kripp already said there would be Ladder

90 Night Elf Druid
I honestly don't know what anyone is talking about "no ladder".

Kripps predictions are usually correct, and in his last video talking about the new Updates for PvP, he clearly states within the next year there will be a ladder system.

I, for one, am very glad to have a Ladder System back when it does come out.

This game was founded on a Casual AND Hardcore player base, not just one or the other. The thing that kept Diablo 2 Lord of Destruction, alive, was the ladder system.

Those of you who don't like Ladder system either quit D2 when it came out, or never got into the Diablo franchise, in which its hard-pressed to listen to a newcomers opinion which could possibly be another horrible idea for Blizzard to Incorporate into their design philosophy. (Very little people quit Diablo 2 when the Ladder came out btw)

EDIT: Actually, there was an option to choose "Non-Ladder", if people didn't like to play ladder, so there was an option for everyone.

Ladder isn't just for Hardcore players, want to know why? At end game, in this Diablo game, everyone can switch their skills whenever they want. That end game choice you made at level 60-80, when you dumped all your stats and skills into the spec you wanted was , how they say "Meaningful", but that is no longer the case.

Everyone gains the same amount of stats each level for your class. So that is already done for you, and skills you can swap out at anytime. If anyone is defending a ladder to be a hardcore thing anymore, it would be very hard to argue your case.

A ladder has much more positives than negatives. Especially if a franchise already succeeded implementing one into the game.
Edited by Shaunaxo#1574 on 1/13/2013 1:26 PM PST
Reply Quote
Well, if Kripp said it... I guess it's settled.
Reply Quote
01/13/2013 01:20 PMPosted by modu
Set in stone.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Denial is the first step.

:)
Reply Quote
is kripp an employee of blizz?

don't think so.

I'll believe it when someone from blizz says its happening.

Not because some no life streamer says it...
you guys that follow these people need some serious help.
Reply Quote
There will be no ladder. Kripp is wrong and no one gives a crap about his opinion except for idiot fanboys who drool over a guy living their dream of never having a real job.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Kripp said it bros.
and you know, he works for blizzard and totally knows everything.
Reply Quote
No have to disagree . The ladder system was cool when it first started but with thousands of bots ruling the Bnet no one beyond a few people really hard core people ever pushed a char beyond 95-96 ,If you were legit and didn't bot the grind was just way to much.

besides what purpose could a ladder system serve in D3 .It takes what 3-4, 5 hours at the most if you push it to hit 60? All it would do is make it a grind once again to get items that in 3-4 days flood the AH/RMAH and your right back where you started.

And in D2 with the introduction of tokens you could switch skills and stats any time you wanted to.
Edited by Agmo#1785 on 1/13/2013 1:29 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid

don't think so.

Because when Blizz said we were going to have PvP shortly after Launch in a later patch, we got just what we wanted.

Anyway, Kripps information is very credible and he knows what hes talking about

01/13/2013 01:25 PMPosted by databandit
There will be no ladder. Kripp is wrong and no one gives a crap about his opinion except for idiot fanboys who drool over a guy living their dream of never having a real job.

You must be full on the Mad Juice bro.

Calm down a little.
Reply Quote
View profile
Everyone saw dueling coming. No surprise there. As for ladder, MANY people are predicitng a ladder. Once again, no surprise there.
Reply Quote

don't think so.

Because when Blizz said we were going to have PvP shortly after Launch in a later patch, we got just what we wanted.

Anyway, Kripps information is very credible and he knows what hes talking about

01/13/2013 01:25 PMPosted by databandit

You must be full on the Mad Juice bro.

Calm down a little.

No, I just hate people making baseless statements. For instance you said his info is credible. He doesn't work for Blizzard, he has no in's at Blizzard. He has no advance notice of anything.

He has NO info. NONE. To say otherwise is outright lying. In fact all credible info points to their not being a ladder. So until you or Kripp provide info otherwise then you're trolling. Plain and simple.

Also why would you care, you barely play. You must spend all day just watching Kripp - http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Shaunaxo-1574/
Edited by databandit#1705 on 1/13/2013 1:32 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
besides what purpose could a ladder system serve in D3 .It takes what 3-4, 5 hours at the most if you push it to hit 60? All it would do is make it a grind once again to get items that in 3-4 days flood the AH/RMAH and your right back where you started.

The AH took 3-4 months to get to the point its at now.

A Ladder is every 6-8 months. Which means it serves a very good purpose, i'm not really seeing eye to eye with what your trying to explain.

Fresh start is very good.

Its not like your items or characters are deleted, just simply moved to Non-Ladder where you can still play the game.

For those of us that like a fresh start, and competitive edge, a Ladder will for sure be added. Its just a matter of when.
Reply Quote
View profile
01/13/2013 01:20 PMPosted by modu

Already interred in the Library of Congress.
Reply Quote
Kripp never said a ladder will be implemented... he just heavily recommends it to save D3.
Reply Quote
Ladder + RMAH = casual fanbase disappears after first ladder reset. Good luck with that.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
01/13/2013 01:36 PMPosted by Dirtpoor
Ladder + RMAH = casual fanbase disappears after first ladder reset. Good luck with that.

Good luck with believing your own false statement.

Ladder system is for casuals too.

You're math is horribly wrong.
Reply Quote
01/13/2013 01:38 PMPosted by Shékinah

RMAH

Real Money Auction House

Real Money
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
01/13/2013 01:41 PMPosted by BattleToad

RMAH

Real Money Auction House

Real Money

Which means what?

Blizzard can do anything they want with your In-Game items. You don't read the ToS too often do you?

Anyway, your items would be transferred to Non-Ladder, still existing, just not in the competitive Ladder system where you'd have to earn your way back up.

You'd start fresh, no gold, no items in your stash, and a fresh Auction House market to fill up.

Gives me chills, I love a ladder system.
Reply Quote
Could just add a ladder without affecting the existing characters, would make sense seeing how popular it was in D2. It's just common sense, who cares if some mouth-breather says it or not.
Edited by FromtheAshes#1652 on 1/13/2013 1:45 PM PST
Reply Quote
I honestly don't know what anyone is talking about "no ladder".

Kripps predictions are usually correct, and in his last video talking about the new Updates for PvP, he clearly states within the next year there will be a ladder system.

I, for one, am very glad to have a Ladder System back when it does come out.

This game was founded on a Casual AND Hardcore player base, not just one or the other. The thing that kept Diablo 2 Lord of Destruction, alive, was the ladder system.

Those of you who don't like Ladder system either quit D2 when it came out, or never got into the Diablo franchise, in which its hard-pressed to listen to a newcomers opinion which could possibly be another horrible idea for Blizzard to Incorporate into their design philosophy. (Very little people quit Diablo 2 when the Ladder came out btw)

EDIT: Actually, there was an option to choose "Non-Ladder", if people didn't like to play ladder, so there was an option for everyone.

Ladder isn't just for Hardcore players, want to know why? At end game, in this Diablo game, everyone can switch their skills whenever they want. That end game choice you made at level 60-80, when you dumped all your stats and skills into the spec you wanted was , how they say "Meaningful", but that is no longer the case.

Everyone gains the same amount of stats each level for your class. So that is already done for you, and skills you can swap out at anytime. If anyone is defending a ladder to be a hardcore thing anymore, it would be very hard to argue your case.

A ladder has much more positives than negatives. Especially if a franchise already succeeded implementing one into the game.

lol @ krip buttkissers .. krap i mean krip is a joke.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]