Diablo® III

Kripp already said there would be Ladder

The word of some basement dwelling virgin is meaningless. The only word to trust around here is the blue text one.
Reply Quote
View profile
01/13/2013 01:38 PMPosted by Shékinah
Ladder system is for casuals too.

(Back to d2 days)

So its a casual player who got to lvl 99 in 2 days? Not even using mods/hacks?
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
01/13/2013 01:46 PMPosted by Coleslaw
The word of some basement dwelling virgin is meaningless. The only word to trust around here is the blue text one.

If you want a political response , yes, a Blizzard employee is a very good source for information, but very few times do you ever receive a solid answer.

Kripp's prediction usually turn out to be correct.

And everyone who has eyes can see a Ladder in the horizon. Like it or not.

01/13/2013 01:48 PMPosted by WitchDoctor
Ladder system is for casuals too.

(Back to d2 days)

Its the casual player that got to 70, and went to do ubers and dueling games. The casuals were the ones who let the bot carry them in baal runs.

Yes, casuals loved Diablo 2.
Edited by Shaunaxo#1574 on 1/13/2013 1:50 PM PST
Reply Quote
View profile
01/13/2013 01:48 PMPosted by Shékinah

If you want a political response , yes, a Blizzard employee is a very good source for information, but very few times do you ever receive a solid answer.

Kripp's prediction usually turn out to be correct.

And everyone who has eyes can see a Ladder in the horizon. Like it or not.

(Back to d2 days)

Its the casual player that got to 70, and went to do ubers and dueling games. The casuals were the ones who let the bot carry them in baal runs.

Yes, casuals loved Diablo 2.

So did you just come here to preach the Word of Kripp? Your wearing black pants with a white button up shirt and a black tie also aren't you? What did he give you to do this? Virtual gold?

TL;DR, Shush you!
Reply Quote
Oh you'll see this ladder system...in the expansion.
Reply Quote
is kripp an employee of blizz?

don't think so.

I'll believe it when someone from blizz says its happening.

Not because some no life streamer says it...
you guys that follow these people need some serious help.
i follow the montoya guy , kripp, and a few others, but i agree, you gotta think for yourself

i just find their channels entertaining, especially that inigo montoya guy, hilarious channel
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
So did you just come here to preach the Word of Kripp? Your wearing black pants with a white button up shirt and a black tie also aren't you? What did he give you to do this? Virtual gold?

TL;DR, Shush you!

Straightens tie.

>.>

<.<

My mission here is complete.
Reply Quote
lol, like a "ladder" would really change anything in the end.

Heh. Some CORE ideas of the game are flawed. Like the issues with the item system or some skills which means that only a handfull of builds are viable.

How is a ladder going to change that? Oh, because the Ladder will "reset" the game at some point and all ladder chars are converted to non-ladder chars (your items are not lost)

Seriously, all it means is that each time the economy is reset it will simply cause the same issues over and over again. It simply was a mistake to create the AH/RMAH the way it is now. Diablo was never meant to be played like that, it was never a game about "gold" but "items".

D3 is about gold, playing the economy, not playing the game. What do you think who will be on top? Of course always those people which know how to play the economy. I dont have a problem with those people. They enjoy such kind of gameplay. Fine. But dont act like the ladder would somehow fix everything here ...
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
lol, like a "ladder" would really change anything in the end.

Heh. Some CORE ideas of the game are flawed. Like the issues with the item system or some skills which means that only a handfull of builds are viable.

How is a ladder going to change that? Oh, because the Ladder will "reset" the game at some point and all ladder chars are converted to non-ladder chars (your items are not lost)

Seriously, all it means is that each time the economy is reset it will simply cause the same issues over and over again. It simply was a mistake to create the AH/RMAH the way it is now. Diablo was never meant to be played like that, it was never a game about "gold" but "items".

D3 is about gold, playing the economy, not playing the game. What do you think who will be on top? Of course always those people which know how to play the economy. I dont have a problem with those people. They enjoy such kind of gameplay. Fine. But dont act like the ladder would somehow fix everything here ...

You are very correct.

A ladder wont fix everything.

Its just a start.

Like imagine if they fixed Itemization, Enabled a trade center where people could trade items for items, and enabled a Ladder system at the same time.

There is so many things that can be done to improve upon the game, its unreal.
Reply Quote
View profile
Ladder? I agree!

but rmah disagrees...
Edited by Krystonosetz#2434 on 1/13/2013 2:04 PM PST
Reply Quote
ladders keep the game fresh and not stagnant. its an easy way to reset the economy and give players a fresh start just like release day all over again. thats a good feeling and provides incentive to play more / again.

it also introduces competition which is desperately needed as well as atleast a small bit of social interaction.

I agree with krip in the fact that something will have to happen to equal out the economy. Something is happening next patch in the same area. The new boa items will both sink gold from the massive saturation it has now and replaces tons of old gear with new gear (again).

while i dont agree 100% on the boa gear (i think it is wrong direction to go) in d3, i wont deny that it will help somewhat. the new level of gems will also suck quite a bit of gold out of circulation. the big difference in the gold the gems take out and the gold the boa gear take out is the gold from the boa is gone forever out of circulation while the gems will get resold multiple times throughout the games life. it will help to fix a problem but also introduce a system of gear / grinding that shouldnt be in the genre imo.

i like playing arpgs because i can get value back out of my gear i invest in, and am not tied down to 1 class with limitations on boa gear. i put 1k hours /played into d3 at launch and i got a fairly sizable amount of $ in return ON TOP of somewhat enjoying the game. I will not however get that same satisfaction moving forward with this boa system.

for me, id much rather have ladder resets to control mistakes made in the game since launch that effected the economy rather than adding shinier things and moving to bound items that i get nothing back out of when done playing.

tldr gems good, boa bad, would prefer ladder resets to control economy / interest.
Reply Quote
What Krip says goes! *Sarcasm*...
Reply Quote
Yeah a ladder would be so sweet, remember the excitement of Alk grinding his way to 100 paragon? Such a captivating event. Truly the peak of the D3 experience. And Blizz could put in ladder only items like in D2 that have a chance of dropping before protons decay. Some OP items that do something radical, like +50 more prim stat and some more crit.
Edited by marshmallow#1914 on 1/13/2013 2:11 PM PST
Reply Quote
The ladder system was a horrible idea. When 6 months from now that great item you found you can't use on your non ladder characters it's not that great, oh wait you can in another 6 months and of course not a single person will be on non ladder so when you can finally give that great item to your character there's nobody to run with. Not everybody likes remaking the same character again every 6 months either.

How about a paragon ladder lmao, why not that? If you people want to choose to reset your paragon every few months and compete I'd be all for it as long as I wasn't forced to participate.

EDIT:

Oh yea I forgot the claims it helps the game economy. No it does not. D2 proved that. It takes about 2 weeks to get back to where it was in the first place. Making this claim is the call of the duper/botter/cheater.
Edited by Necksnapper#1372 on 1/13/2013 2:15 PM PST
Reply Quote
Here we go again. I don't know what's worse, the fact that you come here claiming there's going to be a ladder because some fool said so, or the fact you actually believe it. Let's start.

10 Character limit. This isn't D2, we can't go and make a new account every time a ladder resets.

RMAH, think of this from blizzards standpoint. If people know they're going to lose their items they spent cash on every reset, because they want to continue playing each new ladder, sales will go down.

5-6 months? I for one will find a new game to play if the characters I leveled are useless and non-competitive after half a year and I have to do it all again, and I'm sure I'm not alone.

Drop rates also do not support a ladder currently. There are many people who do not use the AH. They have no chance of being competitive gear wise with those that do. And blizzard has stated the AH is meant to be an optional source for gear, not mandatory.

If they ever do any sort of ladder, it's going to be some kind of last resort, because to throw it in any time soon is just idiocy.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
The ladder system was a horrible idea. When 6 months from now that great item you found you can't use on your non ladder characters it's not that great, oh wait you can in another 6 months and of course not a single person will be on non ladder so when you can finally give that great item to your character there's nobody to run with. Not everybody likes remaking the same character again every 6 months either.

How about a paragon ladder lmao, why not that? If you people want to choose to reset your paragon every few months and compete I'd be all for it as long as I wasn't forced to participate.

EDIT:

Oh yea I forgot the claims it helps the game economy. No it does not. D2 proved that. It takes about 2 weeks to get back to where it was in the first place. Making this claim is the call of the duper/botter/cheater.

If you don't want to compete , stay in the non-ladder.

Simple as that.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
01/13/2013 02:14 PMPosted by AbadonnRF
Anyone that thinks Blizzard will delete items purchased on the RMA - discouraging further RMA useage - must have an IQ slightly below room temperature.

Anyone who doesn't know what they're talking about should prob re-think what they say because it makes them look very ignorant.

:]

Its ok though, go read what a Ladder is, then come back and you'll have more knowledge as to what we are talking about.
Reply Quote
He will be wrong then.

Blizzard currently appears to be moving towards soul-bound items with the potential to be BIS.

It's like a partial ladder with half the gear slots outdated over a period of time.

Now, I predict there will be a reset in about one year to 18 month's time when the expansion comes out.
Edited by Wtflag#1258 on 1/13/2013 2:39 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]