Diablo® III

Kripp already said there would be Ladder

The ladder system will add to the longevity of the game and also allows new players a way to compete without being forced into grinding for an eternity to find what most players now have. It helped keep Diablo 2 sales so high for so long.

People enjoy competing in a non- Pvp environment. Not everyone likes to flaunt and say my skills are better than yours because you died and I didn't. Some enjoy looking at a leaderboard and realizing their hard work has got them somewhere. I have a few friends who do that already on the existing D3 server. Yet I simply can't compete with him because I don't invest real money and I stopped playing and just started again 2 months ago. If there were a ladder system in place I could jump on the next restart and be competitive.

The RMAH could still pull money. Many people bought things with cash off shady 3rd party sites on D2 ladder servers. The items were also more pricey than buying them on the standard server. Blizzard may face certain ethical issues regarding this, but it is possible.

TL:DR Ladders are good. Many people enjoy competition in a non-pvp environment. Ladders are new player friendly.
Reply Quote
01/13/2013 02:29 PMPosted by kanonbawlz
The ladder system will add to the longevity of the game and also allows new players a way to compete without being forced into grinding for an eternity to find what most players now have.

I can't help but think how stupid this sentence is. Instead of grinding to find what people have, it's grinding to find something good, in which by the time they finally do, it'll reset on them.

While I agree non-pvp competitiveness is a good thing, ladder is not the way to go about it.
Edited by Xane#1263 on 1/13/2013 2:37 PM PST
Reply Quote
01/13/2013 01:19 PMPosted by Shékinah
Kripps predictions are usually correct

yea and look at what happened when he said it would be better to invest in items than gold lol... boy that went wrong.

edit: i hated ladder in d2 and i'll hate it in d3.
Edited by Razor#1728 on 1/13/2013 2:43 PM PST
Reply Quote
Krip is like the jesus of newbie gamers that follow everything he says because they can't do anything on their own
Reply Quote
There will not be ladder due to RMAH. This is also common sense.
Reply Quote
01/13/2013 02:42 PMPosted by Razor
Kripps predictions are usually correct

yea and look at what happened when he said it would be better to invest in items than gold lol... boy that went wrong.

edit: i hated ladder in d2 and i'll hate it in d3.

It was better to invest in certain items than gold though. When he said that gold was dropping dramatically.. so he was right there.

Anyways this topic continues although the OP ignored the main thing.. Kripp never predicted a ladder will be implemented.. He just highly recommends it like many other people.
Reply Quote
Dude wasn't the first to predict it, ask for it, or anything else. He has no more credibility than anyone else that's predicted it, asked for it, or anything else.

People like the OP are the real reason so many hate these e-famous people. You treat them like they're the be-all, end-all knowledge base of games and then bring that mindset elsewhere.

GO AWAY
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
01/13/2013 02:37 PMPosted by Xane
The ladder system will add to the longevity of the game and also allows new players a way to compete without being forced into grinding for an eternity to find what most players now have.

I can't help but think how stupid this sentence is. Instead of grinding to find what people have, it's grinding to find something good, in which by the time they finally do, it'll reset on them.

While I agree non-pvp competitiveness is a good thing, ladder is not the way to go about it.

Its stupid, because why?

What he said is true, stop being so pessimistic and just enjoy the Ladder when it comes out.
Reply Quote
lets say they made a ladder and ur characters go to non-ladder. would more character spots be added, since you can only have 10 player slots, and you can't create more than 1 account?
Reply Quote
01/13/2013 03:41 PMPosted by Ironstorm
So it is Blizzard trying to buy Kripp.

No, it's Blizzard trying to buy Kripp's fanbase.

The fact that I can even mention a player and fanbase in the same sentence is disgusting to me.
Reply Quote
Ladders sucked.

Making an optional ladder with custom rules is fine, but foring people to grind over and over again is a decade old design.

New content is the cure for longevity, forcing people to play ladder over and over again is not.
Reply Quote
I kinda get your points but seriously after reading through this thread, I cant help myself but to think that u had become a Kript's worshipper. I watch the dude's youtube videos in the early days to gain more info about the game and I enjoy some of his guides for the game but that doesnt mean that I will listen and believe every single thing he says. As a lot of people stated above, Kript is not a Blitz employee therefore his statements are just suggestions which a lot of other players had already pointed out even before Kript himself, second of all all of these delusions about upcoming contents are invalid because there is no confirmation from the creators of the game.

Back to the topic, I think the idea of a ladder is really cool and it sounds great however it wouldnt blend in with Diablo 3 very well, why? Because of the exitence of RMAH and I believe I dont have to explain about this part. Also there is a fundamental thing that you need to understand is that D3 is a completely different game than D2 therefore something that works well in D2 might have a reversed effect on D3.

In the end I just wanna say that if u post something on forum, u better use your own point of view and opinions instead of sticking out the name of some other player and use their points which are not even their in the first place.
Reply Quote
Fact of the matter is it doesnt matter either way. It's going to happen 1 way or another and it already has happened.

If they dont reset with ladders or xpacs or w/e they will reset with gear upgrades.

They both accomplish the same task gear wise. They make the last generation of gear worthless.

So yea, maybe they wont "Delete" items paid for on the RMAH, but they will still be equally as useless.

Ladder reset atleast wipes gold and allows for a fresh start with better policing on blizz's end. Thats what the new crafts and gem upgrades are designed for. To suck gold out of the economy. Look at the crafting cost for gems for instance.

Its the same outcome, just better looking politically.
Reply Quote
I'm at the top of the ladder!!! Look at the size of my Lazor!!!! You want competition go play starcraft or something. I don't play Diablo to compete. I play it to relax and enjoy myself when I have free time.
Reply Quote
Not enough character slots to support ladder.
Reply Quote
01/13/2013 01:19 PMPosted by Shékinah
A ladder has much more positives than negatives. Especially if a franchise already succeeded implementing one into the game.

I don't know if I agree with this. I usually enjoyed ladder but then was very disappointed when it ended too soon. Half a year ladders? Why not just have three month ladders then? I hated how I was usually starting to hit my stride and get awesome gears and doing Uber runs etc then ladder ended before I could finish all I wanted to do. Some people have other responsibilities outside a game and could really care less whether or not they're the first in ladder to get to max level or something. They just want to play the game, have fun, experiment, oh I don't know, duel every once in a while. For this reason I have to disagree and state that a ladder is sort of a thing for really dedicated players that have a lot of time to put into the game and have good connections in the game. Not for loners like me who play random amounts of time.

I would be willing to play ladder if they had a new set of special quests and ideas that were ladder only each ladder. Not just the same ladder only quests and ladder only items each new ladder...that's lame. Essentially, I'm saying that every ladder there should be ladder only content and items that become normal content and items once that ladder finishes and then totally new content and newly invented items for the next ladder and so on and so forth...but then that would force Blizzard to work harder... If it were that way though, I'd be more willing to play ladder and I'd be a much more entertained and therefore grateful player.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]