Diablo® III

Kripp already said there would be Ladder

Soo many wrong assumptions here.
In D2, all the best ''stuff'' were found in non-ladder simply because all the wealth and gear players accumulated over time was permanent

Why would you think that a ladder would be any different in terms of improvements than a non-ladder, this is basically the same game, the only difference is that in a ladder everybody start from scratch and finish at the same time.

Did you play the game? Ladder only content? remember? Can't do ubers for torches on non ladder. (that was main prob for me) certain runewords could only be made on ladder. Go refresh yourself on the game, best content (as in things to do) were ladder only.
Reply Quote
Anyone who says a new player can't compete in this game without a ladder is just wrong. With the current AH prices you can easily buy a full set of gear capable of clearing inferno for less than 1 mil. You can make that just leveling up your first character. After that, one lucky drop and you are set to go.

As others have said I don't see a ladder coming. It is more of an ethical issue than anything else. I know people bought items through 3rd party websites in D2, but it wasn't really legit. The RMAH is a Blizz sanctioned way to purchase your gear for real money if you choose to do that. People having invested hundreds or sometimes thousands on items/gold for this game, and to tell them that their investment is now worthless if they want to compete in this ladder system? I for one would be furious and never buy another Blizz game again.

Stop complaining that you got D3 and not D2-2. If you want all these D2 features, just go play that game.
Reply Quote
[quote]
Did you play the game? Ladder only content? remember? Can't do ubers for torches on non ladder. (that was main prob for me) certain runewords could only be made on ladder. Go refresh yourself on the game, best content (as in things to do) were ladder only.

you remember it wrong. the ladder-only contents are ladder-only items, ladder-only runewords, and ladder-only horadic cube receipts. everything else you can do it on non-ladder.
Edited by okarin#1794 on 1/13/2013 8:52 PM PST
Reply Quote
I am starting to get very annoyed by this "kripp" guy, who is he now? some streamer that tried to jump ship but cant? Some one that has been preaching death since square one? some one who just guesses at broad range things and "mysteriously" gets it a small amount right right? TO me it seems like this guy would have you believe that he is BoSS when he is not. I have watched his videos, He got banned from one game, GW2 for breaking the rules, and you all still think he has any credibility? SERIOUSLY this guy really grinds my gears.

What i see is this strategy, every month or so, out date the gear slightly, to make the old perfect rares out dated and worth less than before. As such delutes the economy adding this "new" rare set through crafting that will be better than the Previous items, Happy new economy with out Killing all our hard work. This is our new ladder, When items get updated.
Edited by Gunghoe#1987 on 1/13/2013 9:07 PM PST
Reply Quote
The REAL question here is how does a mother hate her infant newborn so much she'd name it Kripparian?
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
01/13/2013 09:05 PMPosted by Otis
The REAL question here is how does a mother hate her infant newborn so much she'd name it Kripparian?

I dunno, Chastity, Destiny, February etc would love to have a word with you.
Reply Quote
This thread is everything I thought it would be.
Reply Quote
01/13/2013 01:36 PMPosted by Dirtpoor
Ladder + RMAH = casual fanbase disappears after first ladder reset. Good luck with that.

The only thing that I disliked about Blizzard's D2 ladder was that there was ladder only items. However after many years of playing D2, I had a good handle on MF so I just started a ladder Light Sorceress geared her with trades, made a 40 Spirits, 4-5 Infinity's and a ton of Forts, waited for ladder reset and traded them for anything and everything I wanted on the Non-Ladder and life was good.

If a D3 ladder was run that way I would be okay with that and people would still stick. But yes as casual player that plays quite a bit I would be upset if all my gear for HC and SC were deleted ever 12 months. That would most likely make me at least go explore a different game.
Reply Quote
I am starting to get very annoyed by this "kripp" guy, who is he now? some streamer that tried to jump ship but cant? Some one that has been preaching death since square one? some one who just guesses at broad range things and "mysteriously" gets it a small amount right right? TO me it seems like this guy would have you believe that he is BoSS when he is not. I have watched his videos, He got banned from one game, GW2 for breaking the rules, and you all still think he has any credibility? SERIOUSLY this guy really grinds my gears.

What i see is this strategy, every month or so, out date the gear slightly, to make the old perfect rares out dated and worth less than before. As such delutes the economy adding this "new" rare set through crafting that will be better than the Previous items, Happy new economy with out Killing all our hard work. This is our new ladder, When items get updated.

Kripp appears to be a person that could work on his personal hygene and habits that he has formed. He does seem to be a good gamer and there are plenty of Sheeple that follow him.

I prefer Force at least he is funny at times and he shoots it straight and appears to shower daily.
Reply Quote

you remember it wrong. the ladder-only contents are ladder-only items, ladder-only runewords, and ladder-only horadic cube receipts. everything else you can do it on non-ladder.

That is the stuff that was awesome. what don't you get about that? non ladder has less content than ladder. very simple......

not to mention that it was a social game and if everyone starts playing ladder, and you want to play with people, where you gonna go?

Again, very simple...ladder has stuff that non ladder doesn't

I was wrong about ubers being only ladder, confused it with the fact that you couldn't do it in offline single player.

Still, come on, don't be stubborn, you know darn well that there was ladder only content. I played d2 right up till d3 came out. I played only on the ladder. I hated ladder. Why would I do that? Smartass comments aside, it was because ladders were THE place to be, because of ladder only content. Non ladder was just a garbage dump. You really think they wanna do that to d3?
Reply Quote
is kripp an employee of blizz?

don't think so.

I'll believe it when someone from blizz says its happening.

Not because some no life streamer says it...
you guys that follow these people need some serious help.

relax bro kripp is an awesome guy.. I always watch his updates for d3 in hope of the light.. you da man kripp.

He is easily one of the ugliest people I've ever seen. idk how you can watch him for more than 2 minutes
Reply Quote

That is the stuff that was awesome. what don't you get about that? non ladder has less content than ladder. very simple......

not to mention that it was a social game and if everyone starts playing ladder, and you want to play with people, where you gonna go?

Again, very simple...ladder has stuff that non ladder doesn't

I was wrong about ubers being only ladder, confused it with the fact that you couldn't do it in offline single player.

Still, come on, don't be stubborn, you know darn well that there was ladder only content. I played d2 right up till d3 came out. I played only on the ladder. I hated ladder. Why would I do that? Smartass comments aside, it was because ladders were THE place to be, because of ladder only content. Non ladder was just a garbage dump. You really think they wanna do that to d3?

well, I'd support ladder if new content is where non ladder is and ladder is strictly for epeen.

ie: all ladder gear is ethereal.
Reply Quote
Yeah, listen to the cheater.

/sarcasm
Reply Quote
I keep hearing a lot of people on here who say that D3 needs to be saved, or whatever. Why? It's player base numbers suggest otherwise. All you have to do is look at the AH to see evidence of a rather large base playing right now. Granted, the game lost a big portion of players shortly after launch, but that's because everybody realized that Blizzard released an unfinished game that was really still in the beta stage. Bad call on their part, but they had put off the game's release for far too long already so they had to release something. However, through the improvements that they've made to the game in the last few patches, and the ones they will undoubtedly make in the near future, I suspect a lot of the players that quit playing will come back and give it a try and many will probably like it.

I loved D2 and, in fact I still play it from time to time, but it's dated. As much as I loved D2, D3 is better in almost every way (a couple things that still bug me, like not going between acts easier) I love D3 more now because it's fun and isn't that the point? FUN? If you think that D2 is superior to D3 you're snorting glue.

P.S. How in the hell is a ladder that only shows who's got the least going on in their life going to improve the game? JESUS! Get out of your parents' basement!
Edited by Eskimo#1665 on 1/13/2013 10:26 PM PST
Reply Quote
I'm sure blizzard will think about something better than Ladder!
Reply Quote
Ladder will make blizz more money, so its really only a matter of time before it happens.

Plus Ladders are so much fun, there should be a new one every 2 months if I had my way :P. Its like a new game when that happens.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
I honestly don't know what anyone is talking about "no ladder".

Kripps predictions are usually correct, and in his last video talking about the new Updates for PvP, he clearly states within the next year there will be a ladder system.

I, for one, am very glad to have a Ladder System back when it does come out.

This game was founded on a Casual AND Hardcore player base, not just one or the other. The thing that kept Diablo 2 Lord of Destruction, alive, was the ladder system.

Those of you who don't like Ladder system either quit D2 when it came out, or never got into the Diablo franchise, in which its hard-pressed to listen to a newcomers opinion which could possibly be another horrible idea for Blizzard to Incorporate into their design philosophy. (Very little people quit Diablo 2 when the Ladder came out btw)

EDIT: Actually, there was an option to choose "Non-Ladder", if people didn't like to play ladder, so there was an option for everyone.

Ladder isn't just for Hardcore players, want to know why? At end game, in this Diablo game, everyone can switch their skills whenever they want. That end game choice you made at level 60-80, when you dumped all your stats and skills into the spec you wanted was , how they say "Meaningful", but that is no longer the case.

Everyone gains the same amount of stats each level for your class. So that is already done for you, and skills you can swap out at anytime. If anyone is defending a ladder to be a hardcore thing anymore, it would be very hard to argue your case.

A ladder has much more positives than negatives. Especially if a franchise already succeeded implementing one into the game.

at this point d3 has about as much in common with d2 as wow does.

the most annoying thing about your post is that you're apparently answering a question nobody asked.

Here's my stance: when something comes out, it will be out.

Is there any point to your post? Should I be getting prepared for ladder? Should I think the game doesn't completely suck, now, for something someone else claims will happen that will one day make it suck a little less?

Here's a bit of info: D2 could sustain a ladder because people cared, and it was fun.

This can barely hold anyone's interest as-is. We're getting duelling "designed simple" lol you mean UNBALANCABLE PVP? just like they said when developing it, but then hushed up when they straight out said pvp would never be balanced?

yes, can't wait for the ladder. laff. i would be more impressed if they didn't make the AH and stats sheets complete garbage, and actually added more display/pickup options or better legendary tracking.
Edited by frotty#1488 on 1/13/2013 11:07 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]