Diablo® III

What D2 had that D3 does not.

D3 is too loot dependent to the point if you have no items equipped you dps is next to nothing.
D2 since skills were based on level, you could still do something with no gear, even in PvP you could see a naked bone necro own geared players.
Since D2 was not gear dependent you had much more choice in what gear you wanted to play around with, without sacrificing too much.
D3, you do not have much choice in gear or gear options because your damage is dependent on how much IAS,crit damage, crit chance, and primary stats you can get on your items.
So every one wants the same items with same stats, leaving little room for anything else.
D2 also had caps, IAS cap,FCR cap, FHR cap. So with caps you had to think about what item combinations should I choose to give me X amount of fhr,fcr and ias and so forth. Creating unique item combinations in D2, adding more customization.
With D3 having only a cap on run speed, people again are given little to think about in gear choice as like i said you simply try to keep increasing all the stats on items that gives you more dps.

Loot was also much better in D2, as it was less random then it is in D3.
In d3 you could find a lacuni bracers, but if they do not roll specific stats like crit or res all they garbage.
Also in D2 you had rune words which worked out good. High runes were hard to find, but if you found enough low runs you could fuse them together creating a higher rune, so you always felt 1 step closer to getting some of the best gear in game.
In d3 you mainly have to rely on other people finding the items you want for you, and when they do find them you have to grind forever to get gold to buy them.
And with gold losing its value all the time, with little amount of gold sinks and tons of gold bots items become more expensive to the point where it would take you 2 years to grind enough gold for the items you want, and by the time you grind for the gold the item is all ready gone.
So really there is nothing to grind towards as your items are based on what others find and post in the AH, and you only have 1.5days to try and get billions of gold to buy it.

Thoes are some of the things which I do not like about d3 making it feel less like D2. Thought I share my thoughts about it.
Reply Quote
I like reading d2 vs d3 threads. Because maybe there is hope that d3 will rekindle some of that d2.
Reply Quote
01/13/2013 07:22 PMPosted by DragonLight
go to D2 as it was the 1st 8 months and see how it really was. D2 is around 10+ years . this game was patched to death and big DLC

This is completely and utterly illogical. This is a sequel developed by the same game company...it's not like they are starting from scratch. Also, the features mentioned in the above post, namely that skill dps was independent of weapon dps, was in D2 upon initial release. Similarly, such a feature is commonplace is all other ARPGs as it is the easiest way to promote itemization.

Another FYI, D2: LOD was release 1 year after initial release, incorporating most of the enhancements that made that game a decade+ success. It didn't take 10 years to "fix" that game, so your reply is false on multiple fronts.
Reply Quote
The biggest difference between D2 and D3 is what D3 has and D2 doesn't. The AHs and a RNG made for it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X7lUqO12Erk
Edited by Roadblock#1530 on 1/13/2013 7:34 PM PST
Reply Quote
I'll take a remastered Diablo 2 any day over this game.

Act 4 is about 20 minutes if you want to do it quickly, what a shame.
Reply Quote

Yeah cause Act 4 in D2 was so damn long right?
Reply Quote

I can do each act in less than 15 minutes (got the achievement).

There's an achievment for that? Go figure.

Any hints/pointers you could explain. It's just another thing I could waste time on. Or are you just pullin my leg?
Reply Quote
This is completely and utterly illogical. This is a sequel developed by the same game company...it's not like they are starting from scratch. Also, the features mentioned in the above post, namely that skill dps was independent of weapon dps, was in D2 upon initial release. Similarly, such a feature is commonplace is all other ARPGs as it is the easiest way to promote itemization.

Another FYI, D2: LOD was release 1 year after initial release, incorporating most of the enhancements that made that game a decade+ success. It didn't take 10 years to "fix" that game, so your reply is false on multiple fronts.

So much wrong with this. Companies don't make games, people make games. This is a totally different Dev team with a totally different take on the game. It was never going to be D2 with a graphics facelift.

The fact that Blizz updates, adds content, takes feedback seriously, should be commended. Blizzard has been made famous for this, always taking time to improve. This is not a downside. In fact you would be hard pressed to mention another company that paid this much attention to their games after their release (non MMO).
Reply Quote
Death XP penality. ( :P )
Reply Quote
Ya those barbs were godly in D2 with no gear...
Reply Quote
01/13/2013 07:31 PMPosted by Mendacium
go to D2 as it was the 1st 8 months and see how it really was. D2 is around 10+ years . this game was patched to death and big DLC

Same company, sadly different design team (a clueless one)
:(
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
The biggest difference between D2 and D3 is what D3 has and D2 doesn't. The AHs and a RNG made for it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X7lUqO12Erk

AHs removing the point of the loot hunt and the removal of character customization utterly and completely mutilated Diablo in my opinion. Please, please do something, dear Blizzard :(
Reply Quote
creativity
class balance
skill point
build diversity
good development team
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight

AHs removing the point of the loot hunt and the removal of character customization utterly and completely mutilated Diablo in my opinion. Please, please do something, dear Blizzard :(

If by removing the item hunt you mean made trading 100x easier, then yes, they removed the item hunt.

If you can't spot the problem there, stop arguing.

I'm leveling a new character. I hit 60. Unless I utterly ignore the AH, I already have enough gold just from vendoring every single piece of gear I've ever looted (since they're all worthless), and can instantly buy enough legendaries to make finding an upgrade almost completely impossible for the next few weeks/months.

I then spend the next few hundreds hours farming many, many useless rares/legendaries to turn into pocket change on the AH so I can afford my next 10 crit dmg upgrade on the AH.

Yeah, it makes it easier. Yeah, it makes droprates less enjoyable. Yeah, it removes one of the main purposes of the game, the loot hunt.

When your only option to enjoy a rewarding loot-hunt game is to ignore the central trading mechanism of the game, yes, you have a problem.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]