Diablo® III

What D2 had that D3 does not.

91 Troll Hunter
D2 actually made me want to grind for loot. I cannot think of any other game that instilled that desire.
Reply Quote
You can only hope, as for those people who talk about all the people who keep playing this game even though everyone whines about it, thats pretty simple to answer... D2 was a great game, was for many years, if you find a woman or man and the sex is great, even if they are !@#$%y or become the most incompetent, degenerate there is, the memories of the past being so well sort of keep you there and give you some hope that things will change. Also people could have many reasons, one like my previous statement and another reason I solely still play it even though I think the game blows beyond belief, is so I can play games and connect with my friends. I don't have the money or time to go and hang out with with them, I'm always busy with my girlfriend, and when I'm not, I just want to be lazy and veg. out as do most people. Anyway sorry for getting off topic, the sole reason I'm actually saying all this is because I loved D2 as did almost every other person who bought D3. D3 literally sucks... I would even take D2 back with no change up on story line or items if you could simply update the graphics. Seriously, if the majority of the community is saying the items don't feel unique, the concept art for almost all of them look unappealing, they don't even make you legendary simply try listening to the community and make some changes to appeal to their interests... Like in D2 there was a but ton of legendaries from beginning levels all the way up until 99 you could use, set items that paired together, gave you great stats for those levels! Not only did they make you whoop ^-* but they looked badass! Kick !@# 2-h weapon like Bonesnap!! Looked wicked, not only the design and appearance, but the colors and shading as well. Or the lightsabre! Crystal swords! They all looked badass!! Also you need way more items in D3, I mean rares, greens, and legendaries! Need versatility!! Need people to feel unique, not everyone have lame $%^ gear the entire game, and I mean it in the nicest of ways!! There should be over 20-30 different green sets for each class if not more, pertaining to certain skills! You should be able to own as soley arcane, fire, ice, add in some water abilties, wind abilties, molten abilties, dark magic for wizards etc. C'mon get creative! Don't make everyone have to focus on 1 -2 main skills to survive on inferno, make it plausible for every skill to work in some way, some better than others but strive in certain situations more so. C'mon blizzard try and take all the hatred from the community as them pouring their hearts into your game, they are actually giving a -*!@ about your game, take some pride in it!! Constructional criticism my friends! We whine cause care! Start caring back, peoples threats about never spending a cent on your games again or avoiding any new blizzard games shouldn't be looked down upon, people could be serious! At least try and show you give a #$%^ about the community more than $$. You guys make enough off of WoW as is. Anyways sorry for rambling so much, I honestly could go in so much more depth, and this is just out of a few minutes of my spare time. Blizzard, seriously, with minds being capable of learning code as well you all can, creativity should be simple! I'm baffled at how no one can sit down in a conference/meeting and actually brain storm for at least an HOUR and not come up with some simple solutions, if you can't do it on your own pay attention to the majority of the community and do some good old trial and error. It's been used since the dawn of man kind, it works and applies to everything. Anyway, I hope you can take this as constructional criticism and use it to your benefits. Look forward to and hope to see D3 Succeed. It definitely needs to completely redone though, sadly. Diablo just looks flat out lame. My advice/opinion, make him way more huge and swoll (buff) like D2. Add some changes to it if you really want but big and swoll would make him way more badass. Not to mention coloring and shading should be redone, a much more dark appearance. Lastly, his voice needs to be redone, it flat out just pisses me off. Seriously, Diablo's voice is not the least bit enticing in my opinion, his voice should scare me -*!@less, get me feeling like I'm about to jump out of my seat, or at the very least seem cool in some way. Please remodel/remake this game, and please by no means do it through an expansion, and force people to spend $. That would be the most obnoxious and ludacris of methods. I wouldn't be surprised if someone actually attempted to murder some of you because of it. I wouldn't, but I also wouldn't be surprised if someone did. If anything make it an update/patch for everyone that's free. GOOD LUCK. Hope to see some improvements in the future! Seriously though, if Blizzard plans to make an expansion or a Diablo 4, and you have to pay for it, that'd be real sad. I'd lose all hope in blizzard... Make it free. Otherwise from the huge disappointment this game was, I'll gladly look past any future game or advertisement blizzard has to offer. No problem at all.
Reply Quote
Agreed! The only reason I play D3 is because I keep hoping there's going to be change! And my past feelings for D2! And because I can connect with old childhood friends of mine! Seriously, grinding in this game is so boring, it was after I beat the game once and I have 100's of hours already on this game. I've put so much time into this game for nothing if they make a D3expansion or D4. I'll seriously never touch a blizzard title again in my lifetime if they don't fix up D3 or make the expansion or D4 free to current D3 owners....
Reply Quote
Have you ever wondered why D2 was a graphically inferior game in many respects to D3, yet the enjoyment factor was ultimately more than what you feel when you cruise through the newly-revamped Sanctuary?

In my opinion D2 had more heart. It made you happy to find all sorts of shiny junk that eventually lead to something awesome.It made me feel like i was a part of something bigger and that it was helping me get my part done by bestowing amazing items that got the job done. I have yet to feel that way about D3. I feel like the new Sanctuary keeps throwing me a bone..
Reply Quote
Simple solution to that derp... What you do with anything, you see something you have and you improve it! DUH. What's lacking of an Mp3 players? Hm lets give it touch screen, make it look more spiffy and few others touch ups. Look at D2, Great game, the bad part as you mentioned had to reroll all over again if you picked skills you didn't like? Simple solution, add a respec like in WoW, except make it free! No limitations, or give it a cost but make it affordable none the least! Simple soltuion
Reply Quote
my archon enigma, my p crown of ages. My trap sin. FAUCETS ALL Lightning GREEN 5/5 but they never worked wtf. My bugged fortitude for my zealot. My zerker axe. BOTD bugged 415% cruel zerker my perfect 20/20 annihlus. my 45+ traps. my 3assassin/3ls/ claws 40 attack speed + 2 sockets. Wrath brand, and the other god like 08 !@#$. two years of my life. banned for boosting in act 2 to find that bastards tomb for using a mh made by some gm named jan miller. i hate diablo 2, pvp was sweet. But im a grown up now, ill just buy whatever gear i want and pown you little kids. Diablo 3 is the bees knees, I like these threads. But if you think you can make a better game. But if your not enjoying playing this game please dont play it. Blizzard is more than generous enough to refund your money and take your account back. I love this game with a passion, I may not be the best at it but hey we all have a hobby. If anyone wants to be my friend ingame shoot an invite, will do barbarian things. :] CLANTAG#DRO
Reply Quote
My take on where D2 excells:

- BNet 1.0: ability to make/join named games, avatars to show your looks to all, an excellent chat system, and just better. Only down side is the spam bots but I rather have that than what we have now. If there is any one thing I would take from D2 is BNet 1.0. Right now, no one really plays pubs b/c BNet 2.0 is clumsy and poorly made. This auto join stuff does not promote MP but rather discourages it. Get friends they say? Bah, I want to see MP teeming with life and not like 40 odd people max every day. I wonder if this was simply just a higher up level decision to help keep server costs down?

- Ability to traverse all acts and kill areas/bosses at will. This is another huge step back for the franchise. I have no idea why they made D3 like this at all other than to save money/time.

- 8 player co-op!!!11!!

- Runes and Jewels: more item diversity and allows you to really customize gear how you want. Plus they are used in elite crafting too boot.

- Gems that mattered. Here you get a simple stat layout that does not even have resists!

- Rune words: this not only made fun, often time excellent gear it also meant that more items have worth. ie. socket/no socket items and ethereals.

- Charms: yet more diversity to how you want to customize your chars plus another item that could have worth.

- Way better drops all around. In D3 here, 99.999999999999999999% items are junk that most the time isn't even worth the effort picking up. The odds you get a good item from a drop here is so small, even after the buffs it's near impossible. I can really understand why people bot here, actually playin the game is far from rewarding.

- Way better story. Now some would scoff at this since D3 has a more complex, in your face story that has ups, downs, and twists but to me the Diablo series up until this sequel has always been a simple GOOD vs EVIL. Like Diablo won't sit there taunting you....telling you what he is going to do....no in D2 he just roars and attacks like a monster should. Sentient, chatty, egotistical, and generally dumb bad guys spewing cheesy dialogue is just well....exceedingly corny and super predictable. D1 and D2 storys/premise is dark, gritty, and fairly simple like it should be. D3 is like a bad made for TV B-movie made for the Disney Channel. Point in case, Butterfly chick; who the heck thought that was a good idea? Seriously....

There is far more points I could list but I think anyone who actually played D2 LoD would know exactly why D3 is such a disappointment over all. I will just hope that they will bring all the good stuff they left out for the expansion? On that note, RELEASE date for expansion pls cus I want it to fix this game dang it. :(

p.s. b4 some one says rose colored glasses: I still play D2 LoD to this day. If I had D3 graphics for it, I'd would play it even more. D2 LoD > D3 for everything but looks.
Edited by fixit#1698 on 1/18/2013 2:44 AM PST
Reply Quote
thats just few of the difference there no stats wich is a huge customise. there not even a walk option. max level 99 and actualy super hard to getmany dont get that far. 8 player in game. dmg in duel was great not one shotting. 8 hour to be max level like now. also a ladder.
runeword and lets say a big 5 more socket in weapon. there no jewels or any charm torch anni in here. we had an alive cain in act 4 and 5 lol to identify our items instantly. no synergy no all skill on item no deadly strike n all those stuff attack rating ? how dare they called this diablo 3 if d3 was made for pvm its not even close to d2 and were talking about a 13 yr old game
Reply Quote
D3 is too loot dependent to the point if you have no items equipped you dps is next to nothing.
D2 since skills were based on level, you could still do something with no gear, even in PvP you could see a naked bone necro own geared players.
Since D2 was not gear dependent you had much more choice in what gear you wanted to play around with, without sacrificing too much.
D3, you do not have much choice in gear or gear options because your damage is dependent on how much IAS,crit damage, crit chance, and primary stats you can get on your items.
So every one wants the same items with same stats, leaving little room for anything else.
D2 also had caps, IAS cap,FCR cap, FHR cap. So with caps you had to think about what item combinations should I choose to give me X amount of fhr,fcr and ias and so forth. Creating unique item combinations in D2, adding more customization.
With D3 having only a cap on run speed, people again are given little to think about in gear choice as like i said you simply try to keep increasing all the stats on items that gives you more dps.

Loot was also much better in D2, as it was less random then it is in D3.
In d3 you could find a lacuni bracers, but if they do not roll specific stats like crit or res all they garbage.
Also in D2 you had rune words which worked out good. High runes were hard to find, but if you found enough low runs you could fuse them together creating a higher rune, so you always felt 1 step closer to getting some of the best gear in game.
In d3 you mainly have to rely on other people finding the items you want for you, and when they do find them you have to grind forever to get gold to buy them.
And with gold losing its value all the time, with little amount of gold sinks and tons of gold bots items become more expensive to the point where it would take you 2 years to grind enough gold for the items you want, and by the time you grind for the gold the item is all ready gone.
So really there is nothing to grind towards as your items are based on what others find and post in the AH, and you only have 1.5days to try and get billions of gold to buy it.

Thoes are some of the things which I do not like about d3 making it feel less like D2. Thought I share my thoughts about it.

How do you use so many words but say nothing at all?
Reply Quote
It's not even that this game is more loot dependent. It's that the loot is extremely boring. The whole itemization system is dull and there's no real synergy between gear and skills. What? 15% more fire damage? That's cool..

That and because your characters are permanent (on SC mode anyway), it is nearly impossible to find top-end gear.
15% more fire damage? What do you think +2 to Fire Skills did in Diablo 2? It was the same difference... If anything, Diablo 3 add more of a relationship between gear and damage. Half the classes in D2 wouldn't change damage much if they were completely naked.

If you play Diablo 2 "legit", some gear is impossible to find. Go find me a Mavina's Diadem.
Reply Quote
I don't know if this has been posted already, but if not checked it out, this has your answer...
http://i.imgur.com/h6OUS.jpg
Reply Quote
Holy WALL OF TEXT, SwollCat !
Reply Quote
Jesus people, use your god damn brains. Im sure they know quite well how to improve the game, and given time.. i bet they do. The argument that they should have perfected after 10 years of d2 yada yada, is just stupid. There was a good quite awful 4-5 year span before "rust storm". If diablo 3 released everything perfect at launch.. what would keep you interested ? what reason would you have to keep playing ? Alot of you people also have to realize you were 6-10 years younger while playing d2. So things that you thought were "better" may just have been your childish ways. They have massively improved on this game since day 1, and they will continue to do so as to keep us interested.
Reply Quote
thats just few of the difference there no stats wich is a huge customise. there not even a walk option. max level 99 and actualy super hard to getmany dont get that far. 8 player in game. dmg in duel was great not one shotting. 8 hour to be max level like now. also a ladder.
runeword and lets say a big 5 more socket in weapon. there no jewels or any charm torch anni in here. we had an alive cain in act 4 and 5 lol to identify our items instantly. no synergy no all skill on item no deadly strike n all those stuff attack rating ? how dare they called this diablo 3 if d3 was made for pvm its not even close to d2 and were talking about a 13 yr old game

there were no stats in d2, str for gear, rest in vit, if shield dex for block.
no walk because you can block on the run
and 60p100 is easy to get to ?
8 player lagfest
who did you duel? level 10s ? you obviously never dueled a hammerdin.
and power leveling 1 - 90 in uber diablo took all of what.. 2 hours ? there will be ladder
jewels and charms came with expansion in d2, and im sure they will here too.
our blue items are identified for us. quit complaining they take 1 sec.
synergies were added like 5 years after d2 came out
no all skill because we dont level our skill dmg in d3.
we have crit chance and crit dmg instead of ds cb, and as for attack rating.. that was because of d2's RETARDED armor system In d2 higher armor meant LESS CHANCE TO BE HIT.. D3 got this right. armor = dmg reduction. so no need for attack rating.
Reply Quote
Screen resolution 640x480.
Reply Quote
Fun.
Reply Quote
Socket quest :-)
Reply Quote
01/18/2013 02:13 AMPosted by Oneeyedwilly
Rune words: this not only made fun, often time excellent gear it also meant that more items have worth. ie. socket/no socket items and ethereals.

Agreed.
Reply Quote
Ok I read your post here and we need to break this down because your perspective is way off.
01/18/2013 04:29 AMPosted by LLAMA
Jesus people, use your god damn brains. Im sure they know quite well how to improve the game, and given time.. i bet they do.
If they actually knew how to "improve this game" it should have been done by now. All they have done is thrown in garbage to try and keep people "interested"

The argument that they should have perfected after 10 years of d2 yada yada, is just stupid.
They should have. They started this game on the D2 engine. In 2008 they had a working D3 game and were showing it off. It was ON the D2 code. Someone made the change that "We need to scrap this project and start over" and thus the new D3 code that we have now was created. Removing 90% of what made Diablo, Diablo. This game SHOULD have been an almost perfect game on release. We got a 25% completed game full of game breaking bugs, an AH what was half working, and no PVP. PvP is like 50% of what this game was to be about.

If I went on what they all removed from D3 that was in D2 your head would swim. Now there are things in D2 that were added that should have been removed, but there were so many things that were removed that made Diablo what it was.

There was a good quite awful 4-5 year span before "rust storm".
4 to 5 years Now you are full of BS. You better do some research because D2 was released in 2000, LOD was released in Summer of 2001, Rust storm was released in 2003 How is that in your mind 4 to 5 years?

If diablo 3 released everything perfect at launch.. what would keep you interested ? what reason would you have to keep playing ?
Maybe the same thing people did for 12 years on Diablo 2? The hunt for that perfect item. I quit my hunt for that perfect item when 99% of everything that dropped in this game was utter and total trash. I gave this game from May to November to be improved on. All we got was a lame bogus UBER BOSS for a worthless ring, and them changing the way classes worked forcing players to buy new items, and for them to keep adjusting how hard this game was or was not.

Alot of you people also have to realize you were 6-10 years younger while playing d2. So things that you thought were "better" may just have been your childish ways.
I played D1 and D2 on release. I was 19 when D1 came out and I was 23 when Diablo 2 came out. I played for over 4 years on Diablo 2, went through 3 to 4 CD's. Most people my age say the same things about D2 and I doubt all of us are wrong because of "childish ways" Not everyone was 12-16 years old when they played Diablo 2. Nice try though.

They have massively improved on this game since day 1, and they will continue to do so as to keep us interested.
They have hardly done anything to improve on this game. You are blind as a bat if you think so. They crushed bugs that should have been found during testing. They added new crap to keep people interested, however they have done very very little to "improve" this game. All they have done is adjusted what is already there and added things to make you think they have been doing things to improve this game.

They have done as much harm to this game as they have "improved" it. If this game has been truly improved on, you would not have Kripp or any of the other people saying what sucks about this game and what needs to be fixed. For every 2 steps Blizzard has taken forward on this game, they took 3 steps backwards.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]