Diablo® III

What D2 had that D3 does not.

Easy Diablo 4 game that will be best seller. Make it exactly like D2 with different content different weapons.

BAM better then D3.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
i had very high expectations for D3 and it was awesome until you beat it and find that every loot item you get pretty much sucks. I'll stick with WoW where gear is actually useful.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
Easy Diablo 4 game that will be best seller. Make it exactly like D2 with different content different weapons.

BAM better then D3.

This.
Reply Quote
I actually played D2 a few days ago. The big difference was the simplistic approach of D2. It seems very very basic compared to D3 but still had everything that D3 offers. Now is that a good thing? I dont know... I do prefer the visuals of D3 and how you move and fight in D3 than D2 but the layout of the game and acts and how you can flow through the game easier made D2 seemless. D3 seems choppy in this respect...
I mean there are some crappy things with D2... like the character screen doesnt really give you correct information... drop rates are not what people may recall.. I didnt find anything in three hours... but than again I went from lvl 14 to lvl. 34 so I am not really MFing but just getting through acts.
---
The one HUGE difference though... in D3 the game doesnt really seem to start until you hit lvl. 60... in D2 the game starts at lvl. 1 -- you feel like your doing stuff from the beginning as opposed to just grinding to get to that lvl 60 to do the "fun stuff".
---
Both games are good and bad - I do prefer D3 (without the RMAH - hate that thing!) but there seems to be a balance between the two to make a better game... that Blizz has not stumbled on yet... hopefully soon.
Edited by Claimguy#1853 on 1/18/2013 9:48 AM PST
Reply Quote
Fun

/thread
Reply Quote
86 Human Paladin
I don't know if this has been posted already, but if not checked it out, this has your answer...
http://i.imgur.com/h6OUS.jpg

That is epic. Thanks:)

Whoever made that totally nailed it.
Reply Quote
This is another image that describes what D2 had and D3 didnt.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/96/212lp.jpg
Edited by Magick#1814 on 1/18/2013 10:11 AM PST
Reply Quote
Another point in D2s favour is there is NO auction house at all.

I hate the AH in D3 so much even though it is the only place to get gear; it certainly does not drop for me after oh...600 hours now? Not one single item I have picked up has been an upgrade, zero.

Most my gold comes from drops on ground, then the rest is selling low end crap and hope noobs/flippers buy it. So in end I have to hope that one these days I pick up an item I can sell for a ton of gold but it probably will never ever happen; I have better odds winning the lottery.

Aha but if you spend lots of RL money or grind like a sweat shop employee you can get decent items from botters. Yay?

Then the AH hyper inflation and more so the bloody FLIPPERS makes D3 even worse.

If they simply copied D2 LoD with this engine then added more: this would be what I call a true sequel.

People like to say, ya man it will get fixed in expan like the LoD did I will argue that a sequel should be everything the previous one was but bigger and better.

You want a perfect recent example of this and how a sequel was done right?

Borderlands 2. It's bigger, better, and way more fun than the 1st. Several major gaming sites gave it GotY so don't say it's bad. Personally it made my GotY too, if it had shared loots in MP like D3/GW2 then it would be one of the best loot centric games ever (only trumped by D2 LoD).

p.s. why don't I move on, well I dunno. I came back last week to see if anythings really changed for the better: while it has to a small degree but in most part it is still the same boring grindfest with little to no reward for time spent playing. And this is why D3 is universally trashed on despite it making obscene amounts of money milking a beloved franchise. Anyways, hear PoE is going open beta soon so I guess I shall check that out; at very least it's totally F2P and not cost 80 bucks to be disappointed.
Edited by fixit#1698 on 1/18/2013 10:59 AM PST
Reply Quote

That image is just SO !@#$%^- right.

It perfectly captures what's wrong with itemization.

Id love if it were just stickied as the bible for how to improve D3.
Edited by Jawn#1271 on 1/18/2013 11:04 AM PST
Reply Quote
I actually played D2 a few days ago. The big difference was the simplistic approach of D2. It seems very very basic compared to D3 but still had everything that D3 offers. Now is that a good thing? I dont know... I do prefer the visuals of D3 and how you move and fight in D3 than D2 but the layout of the game and acts and how you can flow through the game easier made D2 seemless. D3 seems choppy in this respect...
I mean there are some crappy things with D2... like the character screen doesnt really give you correct information... drop rates are not what people may recall.. I didnt find anything in three hours... but than again I went from lvl 14 to lvl. 34 so I am not really MFing but just getting through acts.
---
The one HUGE difference though... in D3 the game doesnt really seem to start until you hit lvl. 60... in D2 the game starts at lvl. 1 -- you feel like your doing stuff from the beginning as opposed to just grinding to get to that lvl 60 to do the "fun stuff".
---
Both games are good and bad - I do prefer D3 (without the RMAH - hate that thing!) but there seems to be a balance between the two to make a better game... that Blizz has not stumbled on yet... hopefully soon.

I played D2:LOD for some hundreds of hours with a good friend online coop, and while through that experience , I 'thought' I was having some degree of fun building up stats/skills, actually in the back of my mind I wasn't.

ON the surface it seems it might be fun, but you labor over ( unless you cheat ) where to place points to the point that it ruins it. Where is the fun in that....

Looking back now, Im glad all that is gone, so we can concentrate on 'fun' instead. If people consider that being dumbed down, and continue to play hundreds of hours in game, then isn't that 'artificial complaints' given your just wasted all that time, for apparently nothing , though obviously it gave you some type of THRILL ;)lol

Where does this idea come from that unless something has this 'artificial complexity' ( blue post, not me here), that's its automatically bogus ?

I also don't get your point, that in D3 the game doesn't start until lvl 60. Im sure you don't mean to say that the fun I had in all prior levels was meaningless. That would be illogical and put you in the troll camp, very fast. Im sure you don't mean to be doing that right ? ;)

Every forum you go to, you can see people sparring over D3 vs D2, and the opinions are wide and divergent JUST LIKE they are here. SURPIRSE!?!?!?!?!? ;)

ONe last thing; if you persist to demand change, at least do it in such a way, that your peers don't automaticallly ( and RIGHTfully so) label you a troll. Trolls do nothing but attempt to cause trouble with the basic goal of elliciting a reaction. If that is why you are here, consider yourself irrelvant , because that's how most people will see you, and good riddens.

cu ;)(
caJAI
Reply Quote

TO say perfectly is a vast and HUGE exageration. I looked,and when I scrolled down and saw ( not to mention his art allocation and itemized points was ridiculously childish) 'cherrios', I imediately closed the browswer tab.

If you want to be taken seriously, stop posting such nonsense.

cu ;)
caJAI
Reply Quote
Another point in D2s favour is there is NO auction house at all.

I hate the AH in D3 so much even though it is the only place to get gear; it certainly does not drop for me after oh...600 hours now? Not one single item I have picked up has been an upgrade, zero.

You hate. You hate the AH. OK-

The AH helps prevent forest fires. So you want to revitalize them , why exactly ?

cu ;)
caJAI
Reply Quote
THis is no comprehensive GUIDE to all things D3, but it does seem to represent a interesting slice of opinion on the topic, and proves one thing; players needs/wants are too vast, to ever make everyone happy. Every game has its share of complaints, so no surprise that is happening here.

Without proof postive to the contrary, D3 got a metacritic score of 88 , which is about what TL2 got, so why are the hate mongering going on on these forums ? Why don't you go troll ( if that's what you do) TL2 forums with all hate instead of doing it here ? Apparently TL2 ratings ar all skewed too, so hey, go troll there!

While you are at it, skip over to Skyrim and troll them!

cu ;)(
caJAI
Reply Quote
A bunch of people who didn't live in the past.
Reply Quote
Not a troll, just calling it as I see it. The game was alright initially but way better when you hit level 60 and than it becomes fun to me. Because this is when you start finding the gear. Thats why I play Diablo because I like building characters and trying out stuff. In D2 I was never handicapped by the lack of respecs I would just make a new character. I had 8 accounts and my mules were just builds I didnt like... they werent level 1 mules like most peoples.
---
Fun is relative to different people. Whether you want to label me a troll... I dont really care. D2 is simple and fun but lacks some things that D3 has... if you mixed some pieces of each game togethor you'd probably get a game I would like better. Doesnt mean you would... doesnt mean the guy next to you would... just my opinion. Im not trolling Im replying to the thread.
---
so not sure what your point was.... I like D3 its alright... it definitely doesnt have the same feel as D2 and I think it definitely has to do as people pointed out to the items and runewords missing etc... but I also would think to me its that going from level 1 on is more fun in D2 than D3. Maybe its the story line I dont know but D3 did not get good for me until level 60... than the real fun began.
Reply Quote

TO say perfectly is a vast and HUGE exageration. I looked,and when I scrolled down and saw ( not to mention his art allocation and itemized points was ridiculously childish) 'cherrios', I imediately closed the browswer tab.

If you want to be taken seriously, stop posting such nonsense.

cu ;)
caJAI

Got any ACTUAL counterpoints or just "no you're wrong"?

Come back with some actual content or people won't take you seriously.

cu

[stupid sig with a forum alias]
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]