They're just offering cheap changes with minimum of effort while ignore core problems, since 8 months already. The only things we'll get are minior changes and more BOA items.
Dont keep your hopes up, meanwhile it's just milk a dead cow.
WoW. Respect to you and your work!You make very good points on parallel progression, and then design your suggestion in detail. Amazing!
um... Very nice work there, but the devs don't want any of this. It clashes with their design philosophy of having the current auction house economy as the only source of character improvement. And even if once in a while some itemization features creep in, like the Marquise class, it will be reserved to the few random generated winners of the auction house economy because it will be so expensive that most of us can't even get near it.
For your own peace of mind, please assume from now on that the makers of this game are mentally unable to grasp the concept of fair play or gaming fun.
wth, why dont you give up, it's pretty obvious that blizz does not want to make the game awesome or a worthy d2 successor. They're just offering cheap changes with minimum of effort while ignore core problems, since 8 months already. The only things we'll get are minior changes and more BOA items.Dont keep your hopes up, meanwhile it's just milk a dead cow.
+1, lots of hardwork put into this, and i could see this working. I hope a blue responds or at least acknowledges this effort.++++++1000000 for jewels coming back into the game. They need more little diablo things back in the game.CharmsJewelsRunesI want more.
01/17/2013 02:37 AMPosted by Daboluo@OP, BLZ should hire you. Good post
01/16/2013 10:53 PMPosted by Dwelve- Items (Screen-DPS): The most important tab of progression, but also the one that has the biggest problem. Items that are found at the moment don´t have "character". People are not searching for new boots, for a new weapon or for a new ring. They look for an overall + in the DPS screen. Sometimes it feels like there is only one item-slot called the "DPS-Screen"-charslot. This was done better in Diablo 2 where people explicitly looked for white items to fill the weapon slot and then put a check on that slot and tried to improve the other ones.
01/16/2013 10:54 PMPosted by DwelveThe different quality levels influence the efficiency of the player´s crafting by altering the amount of items crafted. Normal materials always generate one item. Superior materials have a 20% chance to create one item, a 70% chance to create two items at once and a 10% chance to create 3 items. Now things get crazy: Magical items have a 50% chance to create 3 items, a 30% chance to create 4 items, a 15% chance to create 5 items, a 4% chance to create 7 items and a 1% chance to create 10(!!!) items at once. These items are rolled individually and the player should make sure he has free inventory space if he doesn´t want to turn into a pinata himself.
01/17/2013 08:43 AMPosted by ShadowAegisNice well thought out post I only need to comment on the above though. I am one that does not just think of the dps when comparing an item. I am also concerned about the amount of life the character has. A dps of 300k will not help a character if he only has 14k life and a 50 resist all.
01/17/2013 09:19 AMPosted by steveman0This is the only thing that seems out of place. I don't quite understand the reasoning for increasing the number of items crafted with the quality levels of crafting materials. If this is just to cut down on crafting time why not just remove the crafting timer? I'd rather see better quality ingredients have a chance of making items with bonus affixes or increase the quality of the affixes the item does roll with.
TL;DR, as long as you make the affixes having to compete with current affixes, its kind of dull the same way.
you need something that is build changing affixes.
eg: "double the range of channelled spells"
"weapon throw now pierces rocks and walls"
"teleport cd is reduced 1"
"each time you make an attack you have a 100% chance of recovering 50% of spirit once every second, you gain spirit from attacking the air"
"increase the duration of meteor to 30 seconds"
"increase the range of threaten shout to 80 yd radius"
"gloom duration is now permanent until you get hit, then it expires in 5 seconds"
"grenades now hit in a hemisphere around you."
"wave of force no longer has a cd, instead, it consumes 5% of your life when used"
01/17/2013 09:49 AMPosted by DwelveThis is the only thing that seems out of place. I don't quite understand the reasoning for increasing the number of items crafted with the quality levels of crafting materials. If this is just to cut down on crafting time why not just remove the crafting timer? I'd rather see better quality ingredients have a chance of making items with bonus affixes or increase the quality of the affixes the item does roll with.
It is very hard to allow players to influence the quality of items they craft and still make lower quality crafts worth while. If you start crafting and the items promise you a higher quality it is very unlikely that you will feel rewarded for using those. Instead you would just feel punished for using the lower quality materials.
But yeah this is system is a little vague. Maybe decrease the quality types of crafting materials to just two instead of three.
The basic idea was to give the crafter the "wow!" once in a while when he crafts without making it a one way ticket. If you just influence the quality it's the same "item is better = jay" or "item is equal or worse = nay" moment you have on every identify of a rare item. But if you dedicate to one recipe and all of a sudden you get 7! or even 10! items you can check it adds to this pinata feeling that you want to have in a diablo game. Even if the items aren't neccessarily upgrades you can still go "oh !@#$" when your inventory was full and 8 of the crafted items fell to the ground. It's supposed to be a flavour tool ^.^
01/17/2013 02:22 AMPosted by DwelveAn item that shows two green numbers is better than one that shows no green numbers at the comarison screen.
I guess I can see that point. Personally though I'd like to see a return to something akin to D2's crafting system. (People still remember that D2 had crafted items right?) That system worked really well and would have been a great place to begin to D3. The system still incorporated RNG but it gave the player enough control to get something that had a reasonable chance of being useful if not amazing. It also scaled quite well with character level so the system was useful throughout the entire character progression.Ultimately the late game needs unique crafting recipes with special effects like you listed but the base system itself still needs a greater measure of control. The costs associated with crafting the the incredible reliance on RNG is just too high. Even if you do get 10 items from a craft would you be very happy that your high end mats were wasted when you find that not one of the 10 items has remotely the affix combination you were looking for? I think it would lead to the same disappointment many face with the current system. The loot pinata is only exciting when you find useful items at a decent rate.
01/17/2013 10:16 AMPosted by DwelveHowever, people nowadays are very used to the auction house and therefore think it's sooo hard to find upgrades at all. I play selffound only and i can still find an item upgrade or sidegrade on every run (because my gear sucks!).
Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.
Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.
Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.