Diablo® III

So getting one shotted is dueling?

Lylirra,

The only way to avoid being one shotted is spamming that invulnerability button, kinda reminds me of the first week of Diablo 3 on May 15th. I don't think that was a good idea hence you changed it via the patches, but here in PvP that is happening all over again. Balance issue or not, it's not fun to play like this.

Thank you.
Reply Quote
Okay why is there L/s or Loh in pvp? I dueled quite a few peeps. Anyone that has Loh just uses my pets for life wtf? Barb and monk just leeched away. How can this Dev team let pvp have Loh and Ls lol and pots! Pots are okay can only use once every 30 secs but I mean come on Loh? That makes anyone that has a Wd Just a Life source for one. Two the Barbs Monks are gonna be the only pvpers! just standing there leeching from one another. The dev team had no idea of this? The duels do not go fast thats fine. I have no L/s or Loh my res is good. so even though they leeched I lasted a good two mins just getting slapped around but still! I had no way of winning. They just leech every bit of damage I do back from me or my pets. This is a bug that will kill pvp real quick in my book! Diablo 2 did not have L/s or loh in pvping. I know this is no where near that game. There was a reason though l/s and loh had no place in d 2 pvp. Maybe thats why it lasted and was so fun with nothing more than a ear gains! They just dont get it!
Reply Quote
I dont care if theres skills that are powerful or whatnot, I just want fights to last more then 2 seconds.

the damage output of pretty much every class is way too high in dueling right now, a universal debuff would do alot to make dueling alot more fun.
2 equally geared charactors wipe each other out in just seconds, thats barely fun, tweaking skills individually is probably overkill, if you just lower the overall damage of everyone so 1 shotting isnt so common, that alone would be a huge boost to making dueling more fun.
Reply Quote
I think certain elements of the current dueling system can be tweaked slightly without largely changing much.

1) Crowd control skills are currently not being diminished so that players can permanently stun lock others. I suggest implementing the same system as the current one in place for elites but increasing the resilience to 100% instead of 65%.

2) Damage is greater than players effective health overall. This leads to very short very luck-oriented battles.

3) Don't just blindly debuff damage though since players like my Barbarian would never be killed. Currently my Barbarian is dying the correct amount; it takes most players a while to carve me down. I suggest putting diminishing returns on both damage and effective health.
Reply Quote
I was getting 2 and 3 shotted if i didint heal on peeps doing 160k dps or more w/o healing. You can run and heal a bit though. I use life regen helps alot. Deff for my pets. But the Loh is just crazy! My pets dont get it just me. So even if i added Loh L/s to build ,I would be a petless pet build wd! Or a wizz /wo pets and not as good of skills to stand toe to toe. Very bad idea to put L/s Loh in pvp in my book! Not many other games that have dueling do that. I wonder what they know that Diablo south does not!
Reply Quote
I know the damage is fine. All my duels even the ones with L/s or Loh lasted a fun amount of time. Its just the Loh and L/s makes it so the monk and barb classs stand alone mixed with there life on sprit and life on other spent. You need in pvp just like pvm /pve to have least 50 to 60% dr then 70 to 75% res all. just how it is to stand up and kill. i got with skills 77% dr and 75%+ res all 49k hits. so i dont get one shotted even by 200k dps or more. But its hopeless with the l/s loh
Reply Quote
Not a place you go for fair and balanced battles? Could we at least give that a try? Ruling it out altogether is kind of not a good starting point.
Reply Quote
Very disaponted at the lack of foresight in letting Loh and L/s into pvp area! Does no one in the Diablo department understand cause and effect? Dont get me wrg it is fine other than letting the one and only barb class stand alone once again! If they didint have Loh or L/s it would let everyone of every class have a fair duel. Take L/s Loh out! it makes things one sided for all melee classes.
Reply Quote
01/15/2013 06:00 PMPosted by Lylirra
why not give a damage reduction for pvp. at least give every class the 30%

Like I said, we're not opposed to making changes, even ones along the lines of a universal damage debuff while in the dueling zone. The point of the PTR is to get feedback from players so we can make those kinds of tuning adjustments if necessary.

We've only got a few hours of feedback at the moment, though, and we'd like to get a better picture of what players' general experience has been before we start talking about possible changes. For example, I'm betting that a lot of players are still dueling in their farming builds, rather than something that's been refined and tailored for PvP-style combat -- which can make a difference. We also want to make sure that the people who are providing feedback understand what dueling is supposed to be (i.e. not a place you go to for super balanced battles).

I'm having a blast dueling. I don't get 1 shotted nor do I 1 shot people. I have also changed from my WW build to a more "get over here! and stun build"
Reply Quote
01/15/2013 06:20 PMPosted by OrkoTheGreat
Very disaponted at the lack of foresight in letting Loh and L/s into pvp area! Does no one in the Diablo department understand cause and effect? Dont get me wrg it is fine other than letting the one and only barb class stand alone once again! If they didint have Loh or L/s it would let everyone of every class have a fair duel. Take L/s Loh out! it makes things one sided for all melee classes.

You're kidding me right?
Have you tried dueling yet? LS/LoH doesn't add that much and it was present in the form of life leech back in diablo 2.

Barbs are by far the worst PvP class overall.

Also to everyone else, there shouldn't so much as be a debuff for "power" as it punishes players that will have good gear by whatever means they received it.

PvP in d2 rewarded players who put a lot of time into the game. Diablo 3 should be no different.
Reply Quote
I loved duels, i just think you could a score and a timer so we could make informal championships or leagues, it would be great.
Reply Quote
I really like dueling
Reply Quote
My only constructive criticism(s) are the following: (In my opinion)

1) that the pace is way too fast,
2) 1-shot kills (Acceptable if super good char is hitting a very weak char)
3) Fear, stun, etc. (the effect's duration should either be a split second, or non-existent
4) there is no sense of superiority while dueling.

Example: In Diablo II, if you were the best, it would be clear in dueling.

Everyone kills everyone, everyone seems relatively equal, anyone can kill anyone, and "almost" anyone can 1-shot anyone.
Edited by BlooDDemOn#1894 on 1/15/2013 6:33 PM PST
Reply Quote
Umm I can tank 300k + dmg demon hunters with my barb. People just aren't geared right. And when everyone gears more toward survivaility their damage will go down which means less and less 1 shotting.
Reply Quote
sad very sad ptr. enough said. i could go on but why,im pretty sure others agree.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]