Diablo® III

So getting one shotted is dueling?

seriously Blues, stay strong.. you have conditioned a lot of players to be godlike with all the nerfs and buffs and mp0 and everything that now a challenge like PvP comes and they can't survive at all

don't reduce damage.. if you do, are you going to reduce cooldowns? dying from waiting on cooldowns would be the next complaint right?

Aslong as there is balance between offence and defense players can find the balance. The big question is if you go all defense can your survive and then does the middle group support a duel that does not revolve around who sees who first wins.
Reply Quote
I was hoping that with the dueling you would go into the game naked. Where you would have 100,000 gold to buy items from a vendor, one vendor for each class. Everyone has to play on a level playing field and make it about skill and not about who has the most gold. See something like "Counterstrike"... that is what I was hoping for.

Enter dueling arena, naked and no skills. Go to your vendor, kit up, assign skills, FIGHT.
Reply Quote
01/15/2013 06:45 PMPosted by Lylirra
May I ask why on earth did it take 8 months to release such an embarassment of a pvp mode? Seriously, you guys could have given this during the release... It's obvious very little time and effort was put into this system, yet it took this long to give the community such a simple pvp mode?? what a head scratcher.

We didn't spend 8 months on dueling. In fact, we had no plans to add dueling to the game until very recently, and that was both based on the community's consistent feedback as well as our decision to postpone the release of any additional PvP modes. You can read more about that [url="http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/8163085/"]here[/url].

Can we get a guide as to when PvP modes will actually be ready outside of the typical Blizzard one liners?
Reply Quote
01/15/2013 05:51 PMPosted by eviLal3x
The zero cooldown zombie dog build needs to be nerfed for both pvp and pve, its game breaking it needs MINIMUM to have 5 seconds between each recast of dog, no matter what reduction you have

That's stupid, maybe a 1-2 sec CD, 5 sec will make that build completely useless, why we always have !@#$%^-s like you wanting to nerf others into complete uselessness?
Reply Quote
Duels are indeed "one" shoot, i mean two cowboys when sun is at its highest point, walk 10 steps and ... bang!! one shoot, that's all.

Is not a battle 1vs1.
Is all in one moment, u or the other.

PD: bang!!
Reply Quote
Duels are indeed "one" shoot, i mean two cowboys when sun is at its highest point, walk 10 steps and ... bang!! one shoot, that's all.

Is not a battle 1vs1.
Is all in one moment, u or the other.

PD: bang!!

In a fantasy setting it would seem that is very different didn't see Diablo getting one shot killed? Pretty sure d2 it took more than a couple of shots with equally geared players.
Reply Quote
Keep the feedback coming!

Just had an idea:
Since this is PTR, how about some incentive in winning in PVP- just like Diablo 2 Ears!
Reply Quote
View profile
01/15/2013 06:33 PMPosted by SkiTz

Like I said, we're not opposed to making changes, even ones along the lines of a universal damage debuff while in the dueling zone. The point of the PTR is to get feedback from players so we can make those kinds of tuning adjustments if necessary.

We've only got a few hours of feedback at the moment, though, and we'd like to get a better picture of what players' general experience has been before we start talking about possible changes. For example, I'm betting that a lot of players are still dueling in their farming builds, rather than something that's been refined and tailored for PvP-style combat -- which can make a difference. We also want to make sure that the people who are providing feedback understand what dueling is supposed to be (i.e. not a place you go to for super balanced battles).

May I ask why on earth did it take 8 months to release such an embarassment of a pvp mode? Seriously, you guys could have given this during the release... It's obvious very little time and effort was put into this system, yet it took this long to give the community such a simple pvp mode?? what a head scratcher.

They said this isn't the real PvP mode that's been in the works, just something to hold us over till that's ready. Why do people not understand this?
Reply Quote
Lol, there is a affix that reduces CC, people are just whining because they can't use their pve gear in PvP.
Reply Quote

They said this isn't the real PvP mode that's been in the works, just something to hold us over till that's ready. Why do people not understand this?

People do but they were not expecting Diablo to become a first person shooter similar to counterstrike who sees who first wins.
Edited by Tyrant#6804 on 1/15/2013 7:25 PM PST
Reply Quote
versus
http://tinyurl.com/aq6ltj4

The choice is yours^^

That Trailer is only a few hours old btw ;)
8 more Days to go.
Edited by Xeno#2262 on 1/15/2013 7:27 PM PST
Reply Quote
View profile
01/15/2013 06:47 PMPosted by Shadra
curious if it would be possible to scale everything to a set standard, similar to challenge mode in WoW. with everyones gear and damage scaled the exact same, it becomes a game of skill>gear, which imo would be a lot more interesting. it would really bring bragging rights to a new level, rather than the pay to win system as is. just a thought.

Bad idea. Why punish those who have better gear? Why reward those who don't bother to gear properly? Don't turn this into WoW.
Reply Quote
01/15/2013 06:00 PMPosted by Lylirra
why not give a damage reduction for pvp. at least give every class the 30%

Like I said, we're not opposed to making changes, even ones along the lines of a universal damage debuff while in the dueling zone. The point of the PTR is to get feedback from players so we can make those kinds of tuning adjustments if necessary.

We've only got a few hours of feedback at the moment, though, and we'd like to get a better picture of what players' general experience has been before we start talking about possible changes. For example, I'm betting that a lot of players are still dueling in their farming builds, rather than something that's been refined and tailored for PvP-style combat -- which can make a difference. We also want to make sure that the people who are providing feedback understand what dueling is supposed to be (i.e. not a place you go to for super balanced battles).

OK.. so my opinion is that the pvp fight is way too fast can't really fight back? Its sorta the battle of who can get off their best attack fastest. +1 for a (debuff in pvp zones)
Reply Quote
View profile

People do but they were not expecting Diablo to become a first person shooter similar to counterstrike who sees who first wins.

It didn't. To some extent dueling is, but its on PTR(incomplete), not the real PvP mode and can be ignored completely if you don't like it. Like I said, its not "real" PvP, just something to kill time till there is real PvP.
Edited by Capnsensible#1962 on 1/15/2013 7:30 PM PST
Reply Quote
01/15/2013 06:27 PMPosted by njkk
Im not getting 1 shotted and im a tank demon hunter. had an epic duel against a tank barb no one won.
lmao!
Reply Quote
We implemented dueling to provide interested players a way to battle each other -- no objectives, no scoring, just Nephalem against Nephalem. It was something the community has been asking for, and with additional PvP modes still in development we honestly didn't have a good reason to keep saying no.

Dueling isn't intended to be balanced, though, so don't expect a fair fight. That's not what dueling is about. There will probably be some match-ups in which you're one-shotted (this is a big reason why we have no permanent Hardcore deaths at the moment). There will also probably be some match-ups in which you one-shot other players. Your heroes are designed to kill things quickly and without mercy, and in this case those "things" just happen to be other heroes.

We don't anticipate that everyone will like dueling. That's fine. While some players might really love it and find it a cool challenge, we're okay if most people don't make it an integral part of their gaming experience. The system exists to give you the opportunity to obliterate your opponents in an environment designed explicitly for that purpose, but that's it -- and we feel it achieves that goal pretty well.

Now, we're still open to your feedback and will be keeping a close on eye on it throughout the PTR process. We're not opposed to making changes if they benefit the game; in fact, that's what a PTR is all about. In return, we just ask that you keep in mind the scope of what dueling is supposed to be, and that you give the system a fair shot before jumping to conclusions or making sweeping requests for buffs/debuffs/etc. Explore new builds, try out different tactics, and then let us know what you think. If we make changes, we want them to be informed, and that tends to work out best if the feedback you give us is also informed (i.e. not just a judgment based on only a few minutes of gameplay). :)

I'm looking forward to getting into the PTR and testing this out, but that bolded line sounds like a cop out for poor class balance design - especially since this game had some level fo PVP in mind since the get-go.

But... let me get in here and test my mettle.
Reply Quote
I think putting a scoreboard will not do any harm to the overall plan of dueling for both blizzard and the players.

Its just gonna be raw numbers on screen no more no less. No after game achievements or reward whatsoever. Just a scoreboard.
Reply Quote
View profile
My suggestion for Making Dueling Balanced:
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7592640418

Like and bump if you agree.
If you disagree, well, say why. Constructively.
Reply Quote
There's a big resource imbalance in PVP duels at the moment. Every class but the barbarian starts with full resource and can unload that resource immediately.

Being the only class to start with zero resources and having to generate it by hitting a ranged opponent as a melee character is incredibly detrimental. It's annoying enough in PVE to start with zero fury and have to get hit several times to get battle rage off, but in PVP this is an outright disadvantage that no other class endures. All other classes can quickly execute and unload their resource the moment you get on screen.

Perhaps fury should function inside of the duel area more akin to how monk's spirit functions. Starts full, does not degenerate, skills are used to regenerate it. It's a simple, easy, elegant fix.

And I know, I know. It makes better lore sense to require barbs to 'get angry' to generate fury, but it doesn't make much lore sense either that monks start with 200/200 happiness points. Are they happy all the time? Forget any lore arguments, the gameplay mechanic is cumbersome and solely a problem for the barbarian class in PVP.
Edited by sfxer#1565 on 1/15/2013 7:47 PM PST
Reply Quote
There's a big resource imbalance in PVP duels at the moment. Every class but the barbarian starts with full resource and can unload that resource immediately.
Being the only class to start with zero resources and having to generate it by hitting a ranged opponent as a melee character is incredibly detrimental. It's annoying enough in PVE to start with zero fury and have to get hit several times to get battle rage off, but in PVP this is an outright disadvantage that no other class endures. All other classes can quickly execute and unload their resource the moment you get on screen.

Perhaps fury should function inside of the duel area more akin to how monk's spirit functions. Starts full, does not degenerate, skills are used to regenerate it. It's a simple, easy, elegant fix.

And I know, I know. It makes better lore sense to require barbs to 'get angry' to generate fury, but it doesn't make much lore sense either that monks start with 200/200 happiness points. Are they happy all the time? Forget any lore arguments, the gameplay mechanic is cumbersome and solely a problem for the barbarian class in PVP.

unforgiving?

stun-bot throw (50% rate)?

sounds pretty good!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]