Diablo® III

So getting one shotted is dueling?

PvP is fine as is, there's no penalty for death so who cares how many times you die. Personally I would like larger maps. Most of the people testing PvP just arent gearing enough eHP
Reply Quote
totally un-related .. but you guys at blizz make it so impossible to send you msgs im posting my thing right here ... now ive had 2 chars die on hardcore mode ... a paragon 2 WD and 5 min ago a level 59 wizard ... and BOTH are from lag spikes... its hard enough to get that high on hardcore ... but dying because YOUR server lagged to hell .. and for some reason you removed the ability to quickly exit games ... so basically any time in HC mode .. if you get a lag spike .. say good bye to your char .. nothing you can do ... now i know you people at blizz dont care what i have to say ... but if 1 of my chars arent brought back im boycotting battle.net for good ... i understand the permanant death .. and when i have a char die on my own doing .. i completly accept it ... but losing all that time i invested because YOUR server lagged .. and YOU removed my ability to exit the game when that happens .. i feel it merits 1 of my chars being brought back ... my death wasnt my fault .. it was yours .. why should i pay the price?
Reply Quote
View profile
PvP is fantastic as is.

Get us off our tired old Glass Cannon builds. Makes other builds explored and viable. Makes Shield useful again! Makes CC reduction affix and other affix mean something on gear!

Great Job blizz!
Edited by Aimless#1700 on 1/17/2013 9:35 AM PST
Reply Quote
Haha, alot of people will never be satisfied untill they have constant winningspree! And then, after a couple of weeks, they will come back here and whine because its... too easy! Great mentality huh?!
Reply Quote
PvP is fantastic as is.

Get us off our tired old Glass Cannon builds. Makes other builds explored and viable. Makes Shield useful again! Makes CC reduction affix and other affix mean something on gear!

Great Job blizz!

This!

PvP is awesome.
Reply Quote
01/17/2013 09:18 AMPosted by tutRoNiGe
totally un-related .. but you guys at blizz make it so impossible to send you msgs im posting my thing right here ... now ive had 2 chars die on hardcore mode ... a paragon 2 WD and 5 min ago a level 59 wizard ... and BOTH are from lag spikes... its hard enough to get that high on hardcore ... but dying because YOUR server lagged to hell .. and for some reason you removed the ability to quickly exit games ... so basically any time in HC mode .. if you get a lag spike .. say good bye to your char .. nothing you can do ... now i know you people at blizz dont care what i have to say ... but if 1 of my chars arent brought back im boycotting battle.net for good ... i understand the permanant death .. and when i have a char die on my own doing .. i completly accept it ... but losing all that time i invested because YOUR server lagged .. and YOU removed my ability to exit the game when that happens .. i feel it merits 1 of my chars being brought back ... my death wasnt my fault .. it was yours .. why should i pay the price?

lol this guy... there is no chance that YOUR internet connection lagged right? non at all! and lag is one of the chances you take by playing hardcore. if you dont like if or cannot get a better internet connection for yourself then play softcore.

Anyways, i am sure you will not be missed during your bnet boycott. and not sure why you are posting this on the PTR server forums. It is even more sad if you died on the PTR and you are complaining.

i lol'd at your post though. thanks for that!
Reply Quote
pvp just needs a small dmg reduction
Reply Quote
01/17/2013 11:19 AMPosted by Ryan

Not PvP needs dmg reduction, your char needs it.
Reply Quote
01/17/2013 11:34 AMPosted by Quabbe

Not PvP needs dmg reduction, your char needs it.

Well I am sitting at 2.2 million EHP and am ranked 18 in barbs on US for PvP... I am saying PvP needs damage reduction and I am definently geared well enough. Even with 2.2m health I am dead in 3-4 seconds vs some builds. That isn't a duel that is a splat fest. Yes I kill more than I die and yes I live longer than most but for dueling to be ANY fun at all their needs to be some time to actually fight each other and use skills. Not just 2-3 shot each other. I one shot a lot of casters with my throw setup and 2-3 shot just about every one (2-3 landing not dodged) so how is that fun? It should take at least 20 seconds or so for a fight to end. So you can use your abilities etc and actually apply SOME (what little it might be) skill instead of just click splat. Spawn click splat. Spawn etc...

Anyway I am back to LoL until they reduce some damage and fix the stun strings so we can actually have fun dueling.
Reply Quote
Community Manager
Reducing damage has nothing to do with balance, if damage is reduces for all characters. People just want to be able to fight longer and be able to use a skill more then once.
So a 80% damage reduction should be in order.

Some form of damage reduction is definitely on the table. Before we make any changes, though, we want to watch how players adapt to PvP combat. Dueling has only been available for few days, and we're already seeing new builds and strategies develop -- something which we'll need to consider when evaluating the possibility of blanket damage reduction (or any other tweak that would only affect the dueling world).

Either way, we don't want to compromise PvE gameplay for the sake of balancing dueling. We also don't want to put a lot of restrictions on dueling or create tons of architecture around the system. It's a relatively uncomplicated feature that's there for people take advantage of (if they want), not something that's intended to be regulated or become part of the core gameplay experience. Any changes we make would ultimately be framed by those goals, and it's possible we won't make very many adjustments as a result.

We're loving the feedback we're getting, though -- even the harsh criticisms. Keep it up!

The part that really pisses me off, is I had a thread suggesting they both make a PVP flag for 95% damage reduction vs players(this could be changed to 90% based on testing).
I set this thread up a month ago. They deleted the thread. I suppose, logic was too much of a troll for Blizzard to handle?

You mean this one that's still active? http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7415464925

It was a good read. Thanks for the feedback. :)
Edited by Lylirra on 1/17/2013 3:49 PM PST
Reply Quote
01/17/2013 02:02 PMPosted by Lylirra
You mean this one that's still active?

te he he. I love it when you come on the forums and own some noobs Lylirra.
Reply Quote
only needs like a 50% reduction
i hate barbs but its kinda unfair for them to get stunned and smashed down before they can move because dmg is so high right now
Reply Quote
Some form of damage reduction is definitely on the table.

great with this proper testing can be done

1 ) how it sizes up against high EHP ( armor.resists.hp )

2 ) how much life steal , life on hit , life regen on armor is too much/little

3 ) crowd control , personally i dont think stun lock chain kill is the way to do it , diminishing returns and immunity should be on the cards.

4) certain items being too powerful ( 4 pc legacy nats , siegefist etc etc )

so with more on these being tested later , we can finally access how long games will take.

there will always be griefers that run and avoid the fight if the map is too big with nothing but defensive stats/gearing.

if games are too long , how do we determine the winner?
Most dps done over say a 20mins timer , very much like the last warcraft arena tourney?
Reply Quote

This doesn't have to be done since players can control how much damage they deal.

I have seen comments in the pvp chat rooms about someone wanting to fight with white or blue items lol...

So yea... this isn't necessary.

However if this was to be implemented I would suggest making it an option.

Perhaps the duel NPC could give items which would reduce incoming damage by a %, this way a low geared player could still fight a high geared player and still live awhile, or all the people in the duel/ffa could have this item and simply last longer.

Suggestion: Put in randomized health globe drops, decrease the cool down of potions, and if a player dies reset any cool down to zero so the player doesn't have to wait forever to use/change a skill.

Perhaps include different shrines around the map that periodically/randomly give one of the useful shrine effects (like attack speed, reduced damage, fleeting, etc...). This way players can fight each other in the goal of also getting that benefit.
Reply Quote
if you have 3000 regen with passives then you won't get 1 shot :)
Edited by FrozenArrow#1722 on 1/17/2013 2:37 PM PST
Reply Quote
01/17/2013 02:36 PMPosted by FrozenArrow
if you have 3000 regen with passives then you won't get 1 shot :)

I don't understand... being killed in 1 hit means you won't regenerate any health.
Reply Quote
Give us hostile button and allow us to decide where we want to duel. Even if monsters get in the way it wont make a difference that is what the true Diablo experience was all about.

Whether you want to implement it or not griefing was a big part of Diablo and a big reason people stuck around for so long. corpse guarding and loot duels for the win. also, PK was great as well. I'm sure i wasn't the only level 14 assassin/throwing barb chasing kids down in the sewers of act 2.
Reply Quote

Please consider my detailed posts on a way to implement the damage reduction. If you just flat percent reduce damage, some players (i.e. my Barb) will be just unkillable to everyone. Currently, I am only unkillable to about 75% of players (they need above average DPS to do it).

For more details, visit my posts:

Tank Barb observations:
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7592202250

Detailed PVP balance idea:
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7415463296

I know I have advertised them but I really want my idea to be considered since I feel it may fix a lot of issues.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]