Diablo® III

Updated: Your favorite and least favorite random event?

jar of souls, though it used to net better rewards. the rush of enemies that actually give rewards is fun. would love for events like that which would give you a better chance of getting good loot based on how many enemies you killed.I would love a series of events like that that get progressively more difficult and rewarding as you complete them. perhaps one that will also spawn several elites and champs with progressively more difficult affixes as time went by if they increased the exp and drop radius while in party for this it would be incredibly fun and rewarding and it would promote more group play. having some kind of team score and weekly or daily standings and bonuses would just be a cherry on top.
Reply Quote
While evaluating favorites and least favorites, the content depth, possible achievement, and possible drop chance is significantly influential. Considering specific details and opinions of specific events have already been cited, proceeding to a thus far unmentioned event seems the thing to do.

Introduced to Diablo I by a friend while in Europe, I played that version more than Diablo II. Had the same person not mentioned that a third version was being released, I likely wouldn't have known about or tried Diablo II (3 or 4 weeks before the release of Diablo III), or Diablo III, since release.

Thus, it was interesting to encounter the Gharbad event of Act I ... cheers to nostalgia!
Reply Quote
This will get lost in the depths but anyway...

My favorite moment ever in Diablo was in D2 and since none of the random events are particularly memorable i will relay my best D2 moment.

I got into a HUGE fight in Hell difficulty in Act 2 in the tombs where you find Duriel. When i say huge i was playing a summoner necro with around 20 permanent minions and revive at around an additonal 15 or so extra as the fights ramped up.

I ran into a intersection that had 3 doorways into it and managed to arrive at the room that contanined That ancient mummy "The Ancient Ra" all his minions a Champion pack of Ancient mummies and a Unique ancient mummy in the other room.

This fight with corpse explosion took me almost 10 minutes to get under control and it is THE SINGLE MOST INCREDIBLE DIABLO EXPERIENCE I HAVE HAD.

The only thing in D3 i have had any fun doing is chasing loot goblins.

Best random is the jar of souls/ Worst random is that timed vault run for the treasure room.
Edited by AKBE#1637 on 1/18/2013 6:56 PM PST
Reply Quote
I should think that by now devs would realize that in hack and slashes its fun to do these kinds of events. The way the jar of souls ramps up is perfect because it starts so slow and you can pick things off one at a time, slowly you cannot keep up with it then it overwhelms you and your mentality goes from slaughter them all... to I hope I can survive this, lol. I think thats why people want the endless waves mode where monsters come at you slow at first but then they pick up.
Reply Quote
View profile
Is the cannibal dude a random event?
It seems to me it isn't there every time
and definitely freaked me out.
The other one i really remember is the
guy who is keeping the corpse of
(i forget wife/mother) in his house
and talks to it.
Reply Quote
I think act 4 needs some events. People say that it's short which i'm somewhat inclined to agree to. Adding some event areas would be very cool and could reward a person who wants to clear out act 4. Maybe a short cave maze or something along those lines.

Act 2 tomb of sardar is great. The other one later in the act (can't recall the name) is similar in finding things to do ie. levers etc. I'd like to see more of those simple but effective events. It's a really good even because there is a guaranteed neph in the chest and because there's usually a unique pack or two in the area to get loot and neph.

Blizzard forum monitors: Consider putting these randomly around the world, particularly act 4.

(diablo player since 1998)
Reply Quote
View profile
This will get lost in the depths but anyway...

My favorite moment ever in Diablo was in D2 and since none of the random events are particularly memorable i will relay my best D2 moment.

I got into a HUGE fight in Hell difficulty in Act 2 in the tombs where you find Duriel. When i say huge i was playing a summoner necro with around 20 permanent minions and revive at around an additonal 15 or so extra as the fights ramped up.

I ran into a intersection that had 3 doorways into it and managed to arrive at the room that contanined That ancient mummy "The Ancient Ra" all his minions a Champion pack of Ancient mummies and a Unique ancient mummy in the other room.

This fight with corpse explosion took me almost 10 minutes to get under control and it is THE SINGLE MOST INCREDIBLE DIABLO EXPERIENCE I HAVE HAD.

The only thing in D3 i have had any fun doing is chasing loot goblins.

Best random is the jar of souls/ Worst random is that timed vault run for the treasure room.

As for D2, my most intense experience must be in HC. Once of the player tried to PK me, so I sided with my brother to kill him... well the problem? I was geared for PvE, not PvP, so he had an unfair advantage over me. I spammed full rejuvenation and managed to press ESC exit before it was too late. It's not particularly positive, but this experience has taught me that hostile button is for grievers. I don't miss it one bit. Real man duel.

Is the cannibal dude a random event?
It seems to me it isn't there every time
and definitely freaked me out.
The other one i really remember is the
guy who is keeping the corpse of
(i forget wife/mother) in his house
and talks to it.

For the cannibal, it's in act 2. It's one of those hilarious random event. It's not rewarding item-wise, but it's definitely worth listening to his journal :D

The 2nd one is in act 1 - in the farm. He speaks to his long-dead wife. This one is also hilarious, and you get rewarded as well.
Edited by DoomBringer#1994 on 1/18/2013 7:05 PM PST
Reply Quote
View profile
My favorite random is the battle against the cultist summoner in highland crossing i think, you have to first kill his minions protecting him with a magic shield, and then go for the summoner.

i thought the idea was great.
Reply Quote
2. The event where you open the resplendant chest and all the crazy HUGE trees come to life. Always a challenge and double the reward when you kill the purple tree. I think his name is the old man or something.

that was kinda like lord of the rings stuff so i think that will be my favorite
also the trues are hard to kill and their poison is deadly so its challenging if u wanna finish it
Reply Quote
It doesn't matter which ones we like, you cannot easily SKIP THE DIALOGUE getting the quests started, it just takes too long. If you have WOTB up or TR up or something buff that costs are high to get it going - and you want to maintain a good flow going; for the love of god, can we just skip the dialogue and get into the event quickly?

Thats why most don't do them. Its a question of being efficient on runs, and quests are just NOT efficient.
Reply Quote
Least Favorite:

Dargon, that treacherous cur.
Because it reminded me how long I was stuck in act 1 pre 1.03.
I haven't even run into this side quest since the early days. What happened to him?
Reply Quote
View profile
Least Favorite:

Dargon, that treacherous cur.
Because it reminded me how long I was stuck in act 1 pre 1.03.
I haven't even run into this side quest since the early days. What happened to him?

His spawn rate has been drastically reduced. However, when you do get it, you get twice the loot (rare pack now drops loot).
Edited by DoomBringer#1994 on 1/18/2013 8:10 PM PST
Reply Quote
i enjoy the ancient device the most, simply because who knows what you'll get. the spawn rate is not enjoyable however.

i pass up the miner who is looking for rare metals/gems. i always get lost and backtrack
Reply Quote
@OP: The Crumbling Vault has 4 mages in the end. If you kill the last one of them, you will be rewarded with loot, similar to a resplendent chest.

OT: My favorite event has to be the random event in the Desolate Sands. Killing that pig was epic, for unknown reasons!
My least favorite events are the catapults at the beginning of Act 3. Only reward is the, what, 400 gold from the completion of the quest? I don't remember the last time I entered a game, starting at the first few quests of Act 3.
Reply Quote
Throw another vote to jar of souls for favourite. Being sealed in a dark room and swarmed by overwhelming numbers of the unholy dead... That's what Diablo's all about.

I also really liked the one in the desert where you find a crying girl surrounded by corpses only to discover that she's an illusion and it's all a cultist trap.

I can't remember any that I didn't enjoy, but least favourite would probably be the crumbling vault or whatever the timed one is called. Too much stress for not enough reward.

Honestly, I think the event system is one of the coolest things in this game, and there are few things in D3 I enjoy more than stumbling on a new event. I wish they had included a lot more of them; the feature is very under-utilized for how much awesome potential it has.
Reply Quote
jarless souls because if you can do that, you can figure out a way to do a infinite zerg gauntlet madmax and the thunderdome stuff.
Reply Quote
Jar of Souls is the best, just from a loot perspective. It's extra fun with an archon wizard.

The guarding of the blacksmith in the forge is the worst. I skip it everytime. Close 2nd worst is the boat in act2 where that page drops.
Reply Quote
Do random event unique or elites have a chance to drop their own unique items at a better rate than normal? Thinking something like an event that has a 5% chance of occuring, and unique items with a 20% chance of dropping. would make a nice change to the current 'efficient' runs that are so popular. Anyway....

Favorite - Jar of souls
Least - the one where you try to find the soldiers friend in the keeps
Reply Quote
View profile
Do random event unique or elites have a chance to drop their own unique items at a better rate than normal? Thinking something like an event that has a 5% chance of occuring, and unique items with a 20% chance of dropping. would make a nice change to the current 'efficient' runs that are so popular. Anyway....

Favorite - Jar of souls
Least - the one where you try to find the soldiers friend in the keeps

Actually, I'd love events that make you think twice before triggering. It could be a hard event that may or may not make you call your buddies in to help you out :D The reward would need to be equally attractive though.
Edited by DoomBringer#1994 on 1/18/2013 9:37 PM PST
Reply Quote
evil bob
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]